Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Update & Excellent Biofilm Content

+10
Mastery
sdguy
thissucks
pancacke
tooyoung
abc123
fredounet
LittleFighter
ubraj
a
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 Empty Re: Update & Excellent Biofilm Content

Post  LittleFighter Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks action, hope you the best. If I compare GAPS vs SCD, I would go for GAPS for various reasons. I'm glad you're trying this! I would go and try GAPS, the problem is that I can't do it at this moment, I have to move to a new place to be able to perform it 100%.

Please let us know how things go with your scheduled IV therapy.

Another study just to stress the importance of GI function:

Patients with chronic heart failure have increased intestinal permeability and an augmented bacterial biofilm contributing to both chronic inflammation and malnutrition.
Abstract Title:

Altered intestinal function in patients with chronic heart failure.

Abstract Source:

J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007 Oct 16;50(16):1561-9. Epub 2007 Oct 1. PMID: 17936155

Abstract Author(s):

Anker SD, Bauditz J, Buhner S, Doehner W, Karhausen T, Lochs H, Poole-Wilson P, Rauchhaus M, Sandek A, Schroedl W, Swidsinski A, Volk HD, von Haehling S, Weber-Eibel J
Abstract:

OBJECTIVES: We evaluated morphology and function of the gut in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF). BACKGROUND: Intestinal translocation of bacterial endotoxin may contribute to the inflammatory state observed in patients with CHF. The morphology and function of the gut may be abnormal. METHODS: We studied 22 patients with CHF (age 67 +/- 2 years, left ventricular ejection fraction [LVEF] 31 +/- 1%, New York Heart Association functional class 2.3 +/- 0.1, peak VO2 15.0 +/- 1.0 ml/kg/min) and 22 control subjects (62 +/- 1 years, LVEF 68 +/- 2%, peak VO2 24.7 +/- 1.3 ml/kg/min). Bowel wall thickness was assessed by transcutaneous sonography, small intestinal permeability by the lactulose-mannitol test, passive carrier-mediated transport by D-xylose test, large intestinal permeability by sucralose test (5- and 26-h urine collection, high-performance liquid chromatography), and mucosal bacterial biofilm by fluorescence in situ hybridization in biopsies taken during sigmoidoscopy. RESULTS: Chronic heart failure patients, compared with control patients, showed increased bowel wall thickness in the terminal ileum (1.48 +/- 0.16 mm vs. 1.04 +/- 0.08 mm), ascending colon (2.32 +/- 0.18 mm vs. 1.31 +/- 0.14 mm), transverse colon (2.19 +/- 0.20 vs. 1.27 +/- 0.08 mm), descending colon (2.59 +/- 0.18 mm vs. 1.43 +/- 0.13 mm), and sigmoid (2.97 +/- 0.27 mm vs. 1.64 +/- 0.14 mm) (all p < 0.01). Chronic heart failure patients had a 35% increase of small intestinal permeability (lactulose/mannitol ratio: 0.023 +/- 0.001 vs. 0.017 +/- 0.001, p = 0.006), a 210% increase of large intestinal permeability (sucralose excretion: 0.62 +/- 0.17% vs. 0.20 +/- 0.06%, p = 0.03), and a 29% decrease of D-xylose absorption, indicating bowel ischemia (26.7 +/- 3.0% vs. 37.4 +/- 1.4%, p = 0.003). Higher concentrations of adherent bacteria were found within mucus of CHF patients compared with control subjects (p = 0.007). CONCLUSIONS: Chronic heart failure is a multisystem disorder in which intestinal morphology, permeability, and absorption are modified. Increased intestinal permeability and an augmented bacterial biofilm may contribute to the origin of both chronic inflammation and malnutrition.

I have some research that I've been reading like specific herbs for direct biofilm destruction, QSIs, antbiotic resistance,etc. Exciting...
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Update & Excellent Biofilm Content - Page 3 Empty Re: Update & Excellent Biofilm Content

Post  a<r Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:26 am

Fantastic, fantastic posts LF.

Wanted to also ask you if you saw the recently bumped thread on hair loss and gas formation, along with other diseases ... fascinating stuff and only goes to further confirm our suspicions.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:01 am

LittleFighter wrote:Thanks action, hope you the best. If I compare GAPS vs SCD, I would go for GAPS for various reasons. I'm glad you're trying this! I would go and try GAPS, the problem is that I can't do it at this moment, I have to move to a new place to be able to perform it 100%.

Please let us know how things go with your scheduled IV therapy.

Another study just to stress the importance of GI function:

Patients with chronic heart failure have increased intestinal permeability and an augmented bacterial biofilm contributing to both chronic inflammation and malnutrition.
Abstract Title:

Altered intestinal function in patients with chronic heart failure.

Abstract Source:

J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007 Oct 16;50(16):1561-9. Epub 2007 Oct 1. PMID: 17936155

Abstract Author(s):

Anker SD, Bauditz J, Buhner S, Doehner W, Karhausen T, Lochs H, Poole-Wilson P, Rauchhaus M, Sandek A, Schroedl W, Swidsinski A, Volk HD, von Haehling S, Weber-Eibel J
Abstract:

OBJECTIVES: We evaluated morphology and function of the gut in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF). BACKGROUND: Intestinal translocation of bacterial endotoxin may contribute to the inflammatory state observed in patients with CHF. The morphology and function of the gut may be abnormal. METHODS: We studied 22 patients with CHF (age 67 +/- 2 years, left ventricular ejection fraction [LVEF] 31 +/- 1%, New York Heart Association functional class 2.3 +/- 0.1, peak VO2 15.0 +/- 1.0 ml/kg/min) and 22 control subjects (62 +/- 1 years, LVEF 68 +/- 2%, peak VO2 24.7 +/- 1.3 ml/kg/min). Bowel wall thickness was assessed by transcutaneous sonography, small intestinal permeability by the lactulose-mannitol test, passive carrier-mediated transport by D-xylose test, large intestinal permeability by sucralose test (5- and 26-h urine collection, high-performance liquid chromatography), and mucosal bacterial biofilm by fluorescence in situ hybridization in biopsies taken during sigmoidoscopy. RESULTS: Chronic heart failure patients, compared with control patients, showed increased bowel wall thickness in the terminal ileum (1.48 +/- 0.16 mm vs. 1.04 +/- 0.08 mm), ascending colon (2.32 +/- 0.18 mm vs. 1.31 +/- 0.14 mm), transverse colon (2.19 +/- 0.20 vs. 1.27 +/- 0.08 mm), descending colon (2.59 +/- 0.18 mm vs. 1.43 +/- 0.13 mm), and sigmoid (2.97 +/- 0.27 mm vs. 1.64 +/- 0.14 mm) (all p < 0.01). Chronic heart failure patients had a 35% increase of small intestinal permeability (lactulose/mannitol ratio: 0.023 +/- 0.001 vs. 0.017 +/- 0.001, p = 0.006), a 210% increase of large intestinal permeability (sucralose excretion: 0.62 +/- 0.17% vs. 0.20 +/- 0.06%, p = 0.03), and a 29% decrease of D-xylose absorption, indicating bowel ischemia (26.7 +/- 3.0% vs. 37.4 +/- 1.4%, p = 0.003). Higher concentrations of adherent bacteria were found within mucus of CHF patients compared with control subjects (p = 0.007). CONCLUSIONS: Chronic heart failure is a multisystem disorder in which intestinal morphology, permeability, and absorption are modified. Increased intestinal permeability and an augmented bacterial biofilm may contribute to the origin of both chronic inflammation and malnutrition.

I have some research that I've been reading like specific herbs for direct biofilm destruction, QSIs, antbiotic resistance,etc. Exciting...

Makes perfect sense. Same problem happens too when bacteria can get in through your gums. In most general cases, the problem seems to be when the endotoxin/bacteria get into blood stream. If you can keep it out you're in good shape.

Hepatology. 2009 Jun;49(6):1877-87.
Increased intestinal permeability and tight junction alterations in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
Miele L, Valenza V, La Torre G, Montalto M, Cammarota G, Ricci R, Mascianà R, Forgione A, Gabrieli ML, Perotti G, Vecchio FM, Rapaccini G, Gasbarrini G, Day CP, Grieco A.
Source

Institute of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy.
Abstract

The role played by the gut in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is still a matter of debate, although animal and human studies suggest that gut-derived endotoxin may be important. We investigated intestinal permeability in patients with NAFLD and evaluated the correlations between this phenomenon and the stage of the disease, the integrity of tight junctions within the small intestine, and prevalence of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). We examined 35 consecutive patients with biopsy-proven NAFLD, 27 with untreated celiac disease (as a model of intestinal hyperpermeability) and 24 healthy volunteers. We assessed the presence of SIBO by glucose breath testing (GBT), intestinal permeability by means of urinary excretion of (51)Cr-ethylene diamine tetraacetate ((51)Cr-EDTA) test, and the integrity of tight junctions within the gut by immunohistochemical analysis of zona occludens-1 (ZO-1) expression in duodenal biopsy specimens. Patients with NAFLD had significantly increased gut permeability (compared with healthy subjects; P < 0.001) and a higher prevalence of SIBO, although both were lower than in the untreated celiac patients. In patients with NAFLD, both gut permeability and the prevalence of SIBO correlated with the severity of steatosis but not with presence of NASH. CONCLUSIONS: Our results provide the first evidence that NAFLD in humans is associated with increased gut permeability and that this abnormality is related to the increased prevalence of SIBO in these patients. The increased permeability appears to be caused by disruption of intercellular tight junctions in the intestine, and it may play an important role in the pathogenesis of hepatic fat deposition

Really annoying how no site seems to ship interfase internationally. At the moment I'm trialling raw milk, bamboo shoots, raw carrot, and vinegar with very good results. Keeping fiber to an absolute minimum.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 am

Time for some vitamin D action Razz ?

Novel role of the vitamin D receptor in maintaining the integrity of the intestinal mucosal barrier
Juan Kong,1 Zhongyi Zhang,1 Mark W. Musch,1 Gang Ning,2 Jun Sun,3 John Hart,4 Marc Bissonnette,1 and Yan Chun Li1

Departments of 1Medicine and 4Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; 2The Huck Institutes for Life Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania; and 3Gastroenterology and Hepatology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York

Submitted 31 August 2007 ; accepted in final form 23 October 2007

Emerging evidence supports a pathological link between vitamin D deficiency and the risk of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). To explore the mechanism we used the dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis model to investigate the role of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) in mucosal barrier homeostasis. While VDR+/+ mice were mostly resistant to 2.5% DSS, VDR–/– mice developed severe diarrhea, rectal bleeding, and marked body weight loss, leading to death in 2 wk. Histological examination revealed extensive ulceration and impaired wound healing in the colonic epithelium of DSS-treated VDR–/– mice. Severe ulceration in VDR–/– mice was preceded by a greater loss of intestinal transepithelial electric resistance (TER) compared with VDR+/+ mice. Confocal and electron microscopy (EM) revealed severe disruption in epithelial junctions in VDR–/– mice after 3-day DSS treatment. Therefore, VDR–/– mice were much more susceptible to DSS-induced mucosal injury than VDR+/+ mice. In cell cultures, 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D3 [1,25(OH)2D3] markedly enhanced tight junctions formed by Caco-2 monolayers by increasing junction protein expression and TER and preserved the structural integrity of tight junctions in the presence of DSS. VDR knockdown with small interfering (si)RNA reduced the junction proteins and TER in Caco-2 monolayers. 1,25(OH)2D3 can also stimulate epithelial cell migration in vitro. These observations suggest that VDR plays a critical role in mucosal barrier homeostasis by preserving the integrity of junction complexes and the healing capacity of the colonic epithelium. Therefore, vitamin D deficiency may compromise the mucosal barrier, leading to increased susceptibility to mucosal damage and increased risk of IBD.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 am

The nutriceutical bovine colostrum truncates the increase in gut permeability caused by heavy exercise in athletes

1. Tania Marchbank1,
2. Glen Davison2,
3. Jemma R. Oakes2,
4. Mohammad A. Ghatei3,
5. Michael Patterson3,
6. Mary Pat Moyer4, and
7. Raymond J. Playford1

+ Author Affiliations

1Digestive Diseases, Blizard Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and The London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London;
2Department of Sport and Exercise Science, Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth;
3Department of Metabolic Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom; and
4INCELL Corporation, San Antonio, Texas

1. Address for reprint requests and other correspondence: R. J. Playford, Medicine, Barts and The London School of Medicine & Dentistry, Queen Mary Univ. of London, Turner St., London E1 2AD, UK (e-mail: r.playford@qmul.ac.uk).

* Submitted 14 June 2010.
* accepted in final form 5 December 2010.

Abstract

Heavy exercise causes gut symptoms and, in extreme cases, “heat stroke” partially due to increased intestinal permeability of luminal toxins. We examined bovine colostrum, a natural source of growth factors, as a potential moderator of such effects. Twelve volunteers completed a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover protocol (14 days colostrum/placebo) prior to standardized exercise. Gut permeability utilized 5 h urinary lactulose-to-rhamnose ratios. In vitro studies (T84, HT29, NCM460 human colon cell lines) examined colostrum effects on temperature-induced apoptosis (active caspase-3 and 9, Baxα, Bcl-2), heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) expression and epithelial electrical resistance. In both study arms, exercise increased blood lactate, heart rate, core temperature (mean 1.4°C rise) by similar amounts. Gut hormone profiles were similar in both arms although GLP-1 levels rose following exercise in the placebo but not the colostrum arm (P = 0.026). Intestinal permeability in the placebo arm increased 2.5-fold following exercise (0.38 ± 0.012 baseline, to 0.92 ± 0.014, P < 0.01), whereas colostrum truncated rise by 80% (0.38 ± 0.012 baseline to 0.49 ± 0.017) following exercise. In vitro apoptosis increased by 47–65% in response to increasing temperature by 2°C. This effect was truncated by 60% if colostrum was present (all P < 0.01). Similar results were obtained examining epithelial resistance (colostrum truncated temperature-induced fall in resistance by 64%, P < 0.01). Colostrum increased HSP70 expression at both 37 and 39°C (P < 0.001) and was truncated by addition of an EGF receptor-neutralizing antibody. Temperature-induced increase in Baxα and reduction in Bcl-2 was partially reversed by presence of colostrum. Colostrum may have value in enhancing athletic performance and preventing heat stroke.

This is also interesting. I always used to feel bleh gut wise and hair wise the day after heavy weight training. Will probably try some of this in the future.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:56 am

aFantastic, fantastic posts LF.

Wanted to also ask you if you saw the recently bumped thread on hair loss and gas formation, along with other diseases ... fascinating stuff and only goes to further confirm our suspicions.

I did see it long time ago, I wasn't very surprised, because of what I've been learning about the wide spread effects of gut flora on many aspects that are not working properly in MPB. We now know that people with acne, hair loss and other androgen mediated problems are more likely to have gut problems, like gas, constipation, allergies, intolerances, etc etc. And that some interventions like probiotics improve at least this conditions. Factors that affect gut flora like a proinflammatory diet (PUFAs), starches (not bad in a normal sate), refined carbs, etc, promote the development of a pathogenic flora (pro-inflammatory). From what I've researched, it seems that pathogens "thrive" on inflammation, quench that inflammation and their levels go down, in different cases I think.

So what is the difference with "healthy" people and MPB subjects? A combo of metals and messed up gut flora? Since gut flora seems to be a very important detox mechanism, then metal toxicity could be at least to some degree a consequence of bad gut flora... or is it just Genes?

CS's protocol is amazing. The thing is that it deals with the consequences of metals toxicity, oxidative strezs, inflammation, thyroid disfunction, etc. But what about the ROOT causes, what are the root causes? People really don't talk about that.

I say the root causes are diet (we all know this, PUFAs, toxins, ...) and gut flora. Gut flora changes as a consequence of diet and toxins (drugs, food toxins, additives, ...).

Recently saw some info stating that some strains of probiotics are able to bind Bisphenol-A and drive it out of the body. That's pretty cool, the list of effects of gut flora are endless.

I think the GAPS diet has all the potential to reshape your biofilms over time. I saw this video of a boy who recovered from autism, impressive.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that modern pathologies like infections in the oral cavity and other places may also be the root cause or a promoting factor at least.

Last edited by LittleFighter on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:01 am

abc123 wrote:
The nutriceutical bovine colostrum truncates the increase in gut permeability caused by heavy exercise in athletes

1. Tania Marchbank1,
2. Glen Davison2,
3. Jemma R. Oakes2,
4. Mohammad A. Ghatei3,
5. Michael Patterson3,
6. Mary Pat Moyer4, and
7. Raymond J. Playford1

+ Author Affiliations

1Digestive Diseases, Blizard Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and The London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London;
2Department of Sport and Exercise Science, Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth;
3Department of Metabolic Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom; and
4INCELL Corporation, San Antonio, Texas

1. Address for reprint requests and other correspondence: R. J. Playford, Medicine, Barts and The London School of Medicine & Dentistry, Queen Mary Univ. of London, Turner St., London E1 2AD, UK (e-mail: r.playford@qmul.ac.uk).

* Submitted 14 June 2010.
* accepted in final form 5 December 2010.

Abstract

Heavy exercise causes gut symptoms and, in extreme cases, “heat stroke” partially due to increased intestinal permeability of luminal toxins. We examined bovine colostrum, a natural source of growth factors, as a potential moderator of such effects. Twelve volunteers completed a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover protocol (14 days colostrum/placebo) prior to standardized exercise. Gut permeability utilized 5 h urinary lactulose-to-rhamnose ratios. In vitro studies (T84, HT29, NCM460 human colon cell lines) examined colostrum effects on temperature-induced apoptosis (active caspase-3 and 9, Baxα, Bcl-2), heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) expression and epithelial electrical resistance. In both study arms, exercise increased blood lactate, heart rate, core temperature (mean 1.4°C rise) by similar amounts. Gut hormone profiles were similar in both arms although GLP-1 levels rose following exercise in the placebo but not the colostrum arm (P = 0.026). Intestinal permeability in the placebo arm increased 2.5-fold following exercise (0.38 ± 0.012 baseline, to 0.92 ± 0.014, P < 0.01), whereas colostrum truncated rise by 80% (0.38 ± 0.012 baseline to 0.49 ± 0.017) following exercise. In vitro apoptosis increased by 47–65% in response to increasing temperature by 2°C. This effect was truncated by 60% if colostrum was present (all P < 0.01). Similar results were obtained examining epithelial resistance (colostrum truncated temperature-induced fall in resistance by 64%, P < 0.01). Colostrum increased HSP70 expression at both 37 and 39°C (P < 0.001) and was truncated by addition of an EGF receptor-neutralizing antibody. Temperature-induced increase in Baxα and reduction in Bcl-2 was partially reversed by presence of colostrum. Colostrum may have value in enhancing athletic performance and preventing heat stroke.

This is also interesting. I always used to feel bleh gut wise and hair wise the day after heavy weight training. Will probably try some of this in the future.

abc, I think you're so right. Colostrum has been shown to fight pathogens, close a leaky gut and provide resistance against unwanted effects of stress. I would recommended for GI issues.

--
Bovine colostrum protects against lipopolysaccharides secreted by Gram-negative bacterial pathogens.

Colostrum may have therapeutic value in facilitating recovery following massive small bowel resection.

Colostrum protein concentrate enhances intestinal adaptation after massive small bowel resection in juvenile pigs.

Colostrum may have a therapeutic role in treating Helicobacter pylori infection through inflammation reduction.

Bovine colostrum may positively modulate immune health through alterations in cytokine secretion.

Bovine colostrum may prevent and treat intestinal barrier damage.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:05 am

abc123 wrote:Time for some vitamin D action Razz ?

Novel role of the vitamin D receptor in maintaining the integrity of the intestinal mucosal barrier
Juan Kong,1 Zhongyi Zhang,1 Mark W. Musch,1 Gang Ning,2 Jun Sun,3 John Hart,4 Marc Bissonnette,1 and Yan Chun Li1

Departments of 1Medicine and 4Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; 2The Huck Institutes for Life Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania; and 3Gastroenterology and Hepatology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York

Submitted 31 August 2007 ; accepted in final form 23 October 2007

Emerging evidence supports a pathological link between vitamin D deficiency and the risk of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). To explore the mechanism we used the dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis model to investigate the role of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) in mucosal barrier homeostasis. While VDR+/+ mice were mostly resistant to 2.5% DSS, VDR–/– mice developed severe diarrhea, rectal bleeding, and marked body weight loss, leading to death in 2 wk. Histological examination revealed extensive ulceration and impaired wound healing in the colonic epithelium of DSS-treated VDR–/– mice. Severe ulceration in VDR–/– mice was preceded by a greater loss of intestinal transepithelial electric resistance (TER) compared with VDR+/+ mice. Confocal and electron microscopy (EM) revealed severe disruption in epithelial junctions in VDR–/– mice after 3-day DSS treatment. Therefore, VDR–/– mice were much more susceptible to DSS-induced mucosal injury than VDR+/+ mice. In cell cultures, 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D3 [1,25(OH)2D3] markedly enhanced tight junctions formed by Caco-2 monolayers by increasing junction protein expression and TER and preserved the structural integrity of tight junctions in the presence of DSS. VDR knockdown with small interfering (si)RNA reduced the junction proteins and TER in Caco-2 monolayers. 1,25(OH)2D3 can also stimulate epithelial cell migration in vitro. These observations suggest that VDR plays a critical role in mucosal barrier homeostasis by preserving the integrity of junction complexes and the healing capacity of the colonic epithelium. Therefore, vitamin D deficiency may compromise the mucosal barrier, leading to increased susceptibility to mucosal damage and increased risk of IBD.

abc, thanks for standing your ground on this Vitamin D controversy and being objective and providing good insight. We really need that, IMHO. And I'm not saying this because I believe in Vitamin D...

OK you convinced me, inject that stuff directly into my veins nooooow cheers
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:22 am

Really annoying how no site seems to ship interfase internationally. At the moment I'm trialling raw milk, bamboo shoots, raw carrot, and vinegar with very good results. Keeping fiber to an absolute minimum.

No prob abc. You can make your own Interfase, get Nattokinase, Serrapeptase and everything you want separately and use activated charcoal or something for cleaning. There's also candidase, specially good for yeasts and yeasty biofilms (from what I've read).

BTW this is a very good probio formula for those wanting to try something:

http://www.xymogen.com/2008/formula.asp?code=000301

Combines very good species and strains and prebiotics. The Howaru strain makes you very regular, is hardy, quite special in various ways.

BTW I'll talk a bit on my opinion on Kefir and not start another post. I think it might not be good for EVERYONE, at least if you have GI issues, at the beginning of healing. If you get inflammation, acne, too much gas, etc, then it means you might be reacting to the yeasts or other aggresive species. So if you don't react well to kefir, I don't believe it's die off... This reaction means more permeability and inflammation.

When you have normal/good SIgA levels, you can deal with most bacteria and obtain all the benefits they provide, like Michael Ash states, it enables communication between your immune system and bacteria.

Lastly dont forget your pre-formed vitamin A (real A, from animal foods or supplements). It is practical to say beta-carotene doesn't work. It's critical for immunity including restoring the terrain (factors like SIgA levels).
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:35 am

Thanks for the advice on interfase. Btw I agree completely with regards to kefir. I tried using it when I started on the GAPS diet. It definitely made my gut feel worse, more bloating, less energy and acne.

And yup, beta-carotene doesn't even compare to the real deal Vitamin A...

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:04 am

abc123 wrote:Thanks for the advice on interfase. Btw I agree completely with regards to kefir. I tried using it when I started on the GAPS diet. It definitely made my gut feel worse, more bloating, less energy and acne.

Lacto's like LGG and others have the opposite effect... they are anti inflammatory and also fight pathogens.

BTW good sources of fiber are berries (I eat bueberries). In combination with probio's like the above, good thing (from my own research and from the Perfect Health Diet)! Some nuts and apples not bad either.

Too much fiber (I would say mainly grains) and excesive starch in the context of dysbiosis is bad. You must correct it to be able to handle things.

Enriched flours are specially bad, the iron in it feeds pathogens and increases inflammation, something to keep in mind. In your case I know you avoid crap, but other might be doing "gluten free" goodies that contain flours from other grains and are certainly a thing we should avoid.

The effects of iron fortification on the gut microbiota in African children: a randomized controlled trial in Côte d'Ivoire1,2,3,4
Conclusions: Anemic African children carry an unfavorable ratio of fecal enterobacteria to bifidobacteria and lactobacilli, which is increased by iron fortification. Thus, iron fortification in this population produces a potentially more pathogenic gut microbiota profile, and this profile is associated with increased gut inflammation.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:22 am

LittleFighter wrote:
abc123 wrote:Thanks for the advice on interfase. Btw I agree completely with regards to kefir. I tried using it when I started on the GAPS diet. It definitely made my gut feel worse, more bloating, less energy and acne.

Lacto's like LGG and others have the opposite effect... they are anti inflammatory and also fight pathogens.

BTW good sources of fiber are berries (I eat bueberries). In combination with probio's like the above, good thing (from my own research and from the Perfect Health Diet)! Some nuts and apples not bad either.

Too much fiber (I would say mainly grains) and excesive starch in the context of dysbiosis is bad. You must correct it to be able to handle things.

Enriched flours are specially bad, the iron in it feeds pathogens and increases inflammation, something to keep in mind. In your case I know you avoid crap, but other might be doing "gluten free" goodies that contain flours from other grains and are certainly a thing we should avoid.

The effects of iron fortification on the gut microbiota in African children: a randomized controlled trial in Côte d'Ivoire1,2,3,4
Conclusions: Anemic African children carry an unfavorable ratio of fecal enterobacteria to bifidobacteria and lactobacilli, which is increased by iron fortification. Thus, iron fortification in this population produces a potentially more pathogenic gut microbiota profile, and this profile is associated with increased gut inflammation.

Yep, the thing with gluten free is they replace the gluten with products almost equally as bad. It would be funny if it weren't sad.

A solution to avoid excess Iron uptake is to drink Green tea I think. Also taking lactoferrin should help. But of course your first move is to avoid the fortified crap.

And yeah when I said fiber I mean grains and starches. They are not bad foods but the problem is the fiber and the polysaccharides will make it deep into the gut and feed bacteria. This is a big problem for leaky gut, you'll now be feeding the bacteria that gets into your blood stream. All fruit sugar gets digested before it makes it deep into the gut and the fiber of fruit and vegetables for the most part don't feed pathogens.

Generally most vegetables that grow below the ground are good for the gut because they contain antibiotic properties that defend against bad bacteria in the soil.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 am

Reuteri is very good I think. The reuterin produced, targets a WIDE range of pathogens including protozoa. It works in small doses, a few millions of cells are needed. The biogaia strain was isolated from a healthy human. Colonizes well the mouth, duodenum, etc. From what I read from studies, it's very effective for infections. Good anti H. Pylori.

Other strains do produce reuterin and also biofilms. They vary in their power though.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:32 am

Yep, the thing with gluten free is they replace the gluten with products almost equally as bad. It would be funny if it weren't sad.

A solution to avoid excess Iron uptake is to drink Green tea I think. Also taking lactoferrin should help. But of course your first move is to avoid the fortified crap.

And yeah when I said fiber I mean grains and starches. They are not bad foods but the problem is the fiber and the polysaccharides will make it deep into the gut and feed bacteria. This is a big problem for leaky gut, you'll now be feeding the bacteria that gets into your blood stream. All fruit sugar gets digested before it makes it deep into the gut and the fiber of fruit and vegetables for the most part don't feed pathogens.

Generally most vegetables that grow below the ground are good for the gut because they contain antibiotic properties that defend against bad bacteria in the soil.

I agree with what you say.

Eventually, one needs to feed the good bacteria with those polysaccharides. I do believe, that part of our problems is due to lack of soluble fiber (Art Ayers and my own research). The problem with fiber, specially certain types, is that it will also feed pathogens so again we must focus into bringing back healthier biofilms and maintain them, with the kind of foods they love.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:50 am

IV H2O2 is done. No herx, but I feel fantastic, joints and muscles feel great.

Not much else to say about it.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:07 am

Are there any studies showing this? It seems like a reasonable idea. Carbohydrates that break down slower would get farther along in the GI tract and thereby feed pathogens. But it seems to me like eating four bananas would "overload" the absorption capacity of the intestines, and have the same end result. Of course I'm speculating that the intestines have an 'absorption capacity,' but it seems like a reasonable assumption.

But by the same logic you could say that white bread is healthy because it breaks down fast?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:13 am

mphatesmpb wrote:

Are there any studies showing this? It seems like a reasonable idea. Carbohydrates that break down slower would get farther along in the GI tract and thereby feed pathogens. But it seems to me like eating four bananas would "overload" the absorption capacity of the intestines, and have the same end result. Of course I'm speculating that the intestines have an 'absorption capacity,' but it seems like a reasonable assumption.

But by the same logic you could say that white bread is healthy because it breaks down fast?

I have not specifically looked for any studies to support that statement. I say it based on person experience and because of the work of Elaine Gottschall/Natasha Campbell McBride. http://www.gapsdiet.com/uploads/GAPS_in_Medical_Knowledge.pdf http://www.behealthy.org.uk/gaps.pdf

I don't think I made my point very clear in that last post.

#1 The fiber of starch/grains feed bacteria more than veges fruit
#2 Starches/Grain generally break down slower than fruit/veges
#3 GAPS diet proponents say that when your gut is damaged you won't break down the polysaccharides as well, thus more food for the gut.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:04 am

mphatesmpb wrote:

mp, start at 11:00ish

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:43 pm

A little update,

I ordered some interfase and SPS30, recieved the SPS30 and took maybe 5 caps in one day, my tongue is pink now (ve been white for one year), I have tried many things for this that did not worked, my theory of biofilm in the stomach seems to be good, working on killing the beast now.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm

fredounet wrote:A little update,

I ordered some interfase and SPS30, recieved the SPS30 and took maybe 5 caps in one day, my tongue is pink now (ve been white for one year), I have tried many things for this that did not worked, my theory of biofilm in the stomach seems to be good, working on killing the beast now.

Fred I would say the problem is at the gut.

Why, well the stomach is not a good place for biofilm formation since HCL destroys them, the pH is extremely low. This was mentioned by Dr Art Ayers.

Gut pathogens residing in biofilms like Klebsiella can feed pathogens (Pylori) in the stomach. So if this works for you (I'm really hoping it does) the most likely cause it is acting at the gut level.

As part of the protocol you might want to add toxin binders and probiotics.

Good luck and thanks for the update
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 am

Just wondering on biofilms - If plaque is a biofilm and biofilms supposedly feed on fat, then why do sugary foods increase plaque - or is this purely as they change the environment to an acidic environment where the plaque thrives?

And if the biofilm was to feed on fat, surely oil pulling would only increase the quantity of plaque on our teeth, yet i does the opposite?

Perhaps worrying about diet when it comes to biofilms is not so important as creating a healing environment.

Also LF, just wondering about the xylitol you used on your teeth, do you just mix up some regular xylitol sweetener (sugary looking stuff) with water and swish it around?

A combination of that and sea salt after oil pulling could be mighty for the teeth.

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:49 am

lambyjay wrote:Just wondering on biofilms - If plaque is a biofilm and biofilms supposedly feed on fat, then why do sugary foods increase plaque - or is this purely as they change the environment to an acidic environment where the plaque thrives?
Sugars feed bacteria.....and the bacteria create biofilms, ingested fat plays a minor role.
A waste product of these bacteria are acids which demineralize the teeth and make cavities.

And if the biofilm was to feed on fat, surely oil pulling would only increase the quantity of plaque on our teeth, yet i does the opposite?
Oil pulling is not really effective for plaque....

Also be aware of calcification on your teeth....it's a protection mechanism against said acids, brushing it off will make things worse....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:10 am

Great discussions here that I seemed to have missed somehow ... LittleFighter, I posted info on this in the past but LGG also benefits one by being a chelator of excess Iron in the gut.

Brief update, Iherb and DHL have been dicking me around and sent my recent package to Newfoundland rather than British Columbia ... for those of you who don't know Canada very well it's the equivalent of sending a package that was intened to go to Oregon, to Florida. Will be rescheduling the three hour EDTA IV for perhaps Friday when my package actually gets here.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:40 pm

lambyjay,

The info regarding fat feeding biofilm while accurate is very brand new information that specifically is for those who have the FL1953 pathogen which appears to be common in those in ill health. A low fat diet is HUGE for those with FL1953. Those that don't have the FL 1953 pathogen I wouldn't worry about it and would more worry about lowering iron through blood donation as a general way of reducing biofilm.

The info I've posted on this site regarding a low fat diet and biofilm is more geared for those few such as MisterE who touts the benefits of low fat diet. To help them understand one possible explanation why it helps them personally. Something for those who find a low fat diet helpful can look into.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:13 pm

jdp - would biofilm relating to fat issues have anything to do with why my hair loss essentially stooped when I cut out all cooked oil & took (some of) the pressure off my Gallbladder.

Also am now using a dermal absorption protocol of Humic Acid, Fulvic Acid, DMSO & Aloe, & Mg Chloride - to which I add liposomal MSM and massage it all in... Been about a week now feel benefits.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next