Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical.

+10
europe
randle20
tooyoung
thissucks
phoenix21
Balthier
Quisque
RobHealthMan
Joey
Decro435
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 Empty Re: Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical.

Post  Joey Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:05 pm

Have been taking a tablespoon of ACV, in the morning, daytime and early evening. I think my skin has improved with it. Also I think there has been less shedding while I have been on it. Infact I have hardly been shedding recently, maybe the odd hair here and there. I thought it was the zix but maybe the ACV is positively contributing to? I do like the stuff and will be sticking to it

Joey

Back to top Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. - Page 2 Empty Re: Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical.

Post  europe Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:55 am

ACV internaly and ext have largly been discussed here.
But as decro noticed, he used it before with not so much success as he does now.

I think environmental factors play a huge part.

Anyone should try acv, in different conbination.

Pure ACV
ACV mix with water.
ACV + essential oils ( tea tree, rosemary, lavender etc...)
ACV + Oil ( olive oil, emu, jojoba, coconut etc...)
ACV + essential oil + Oil + water etc...

The scalp condition, and also the hair condition, are very important prior using any kind of conbination above.
On day you'll have greasy scalp, another day will be very dry scalp condition, with or without dry/brittle hairs....
So many conditions, depending of stress, thyroid/adrenals, weather, food, overall inflammation etc etc...

From my epxerience, Pure ACV is the best topically. Calm down immediatly.
But in the middl/long run, it dries too much my scalp. and moreover HAIRS.

Adding any kind of oil, especialy oilve oil in the mix, is a must. But it can make my scalp hurt after one hour, as it "clogs" the pores to give you an idea.
Letting sit the ACV on salp is another factor. 20 - 1 hour is a way to go for my ow experience (pure acv)

Anyway, the way to go is to educate and rotate the combination depending your condition ( overall, scalp, hair)
No one way to go, though.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:13 am

Using it topically i find it gets rid of the itch and inflammation. However it does seem to dry my hair and leave it looking lifeless

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:48 am

I've heard many positive stories of drinking ACV, I think I will drink it and try apply it topically for a few months and see how it goes.

Decro - what was the name of the store you bought yours from? I can't really find anywhere in England that sells it.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:12 am

I've also had trouble finding it in the mainstream stores in the UK and placed an order through iherb as I was ordering other things at the time. I believe its avaliable through a number of places online though

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:55 am

Joey, do you know if paying over £18 on iherb results in hefty custom charges for UK customers?

I was going to get some ACV from iherb but the smallest one was the only one that was light enough to use the cheapest shipping, trying to find better deals elsewhere.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:50 am

I think if you use DHL, they will deliver the items then chase up for the customs. UPS won't release items until you pay the customs. I use DHL and sometimes they ask for payment and other times they haven't. Bit of a mixed bag to be honest. However it still works out cheaper than getting the supplements from here in the UK which are on the expensive site in my opinion. If you order IH range (which I have and just waiting for delivery now) you shouldn't have the problem with customs. Regarding ACV, i'm using Bragg's, which you can order in the UK from (the organic version I am using is currently out of stock though)

http://www.bevital.co.uk/acatalog/All_Natural_Bragg_.html

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  Lambaugh Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:01 am

Do we know if ACV also kills beneficial bacteria on the scalp?

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:25 am

Actually, in anything health food store I see Bragg's ACV. I'm surprised you can't find it in England.., have you asked for it?.

ACV killing the Bacteria/Fungus is why I believe it works, so I'm looking into other natural Bacteria/Fungus killers. I'm thinking about trying Onion/Garlic juice, but they are a lot harder and awkward to apply.

Applying Coconut Oil with the ACV at night is the best way to go with application.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:58 pm

How do you mix ACV and coco oil tho ? And how do you apply it and for how long should it stay before you rinse your hair ?
+ As far as I know ACV has a distinct smell. What do you do about it ?

I take ACV(1 tablespoon mixed with a glass of water twice a day) internally when I feel like I might get ill(flu). It somehow boosts the immune system I guess because it most of the times keeps me from getting ill when taken in the earlier phases.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am

I apply the ACV at night before bed. I use a spray bottle to drench my head. I then apply the Coconut Oil after, since it is a solid when cool it can't be mixed with ACV, so I just apply it after the ACV. I don't mind the smell at all, but if you do just wrap your head in a towel, I guess that should help..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:24 am

So you rinse your hair in the morning ? Also do you do this every night ?
I might go for it, I was looking forward to adding a topical... And thanks for the input.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:29 am

sorry for the double post but may I also ask which coconut oil are you using ? Or does it matter which one I use ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:13 am

Try and use Coconut Oil which is as close to it's natural form as possible. You'll find it in a health food shop, it's solid and will turn into a fluid when heated. It might be a bit more expensive, but it's worth it for the quality..

I apply this during the night and then I wash it out in the morning. It dries within 25 minutes or so, but you can always use a towel on your head..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 am

Decro - Did you get the coconut oil from anywhere I would know in England? How much did yours cost?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 am

I got mine a locally owned health food store. There's tons of them here in Ireland, it should be easy enough for you to find..

This is the Coconut Oil I use:
http://www.organicsupermarket.ie/shop/product/niulife-coconut-oil-400ml

I haven't been using the Coconut Oil as consistently as the ACV, but plan on doing so. Also I haven't been using the ACV and Coconut Oil internally consistently either, but I hope on doing so for the next few weeks....
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:45 am

The one i've found is:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=690&searchterm=coconut%20oil&rdcnt=1

That looks quite similar to yours, in price as well. Do you think that ones alright?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 am

It's worth a shot. I don't really like Holland & Barrett, all their supplements look really synthetic and unnatural. Try health food shops that aren't so commercial and mainstream like those chain stores, they tend to get more locally produced supplements and don't go for the cheapest alternative.

Look for Coconut Oil that is Organic/Extra Virgin. If Coconut Oil is anything like Olive Oil then "Pure" isn't good enough. Also, a lot of those Coconut Products have that fake fragrance which over-whelms you, that shouldn't be the case with Organic Coconut Oil.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  bastantey Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Ebay for apple cider vinegar a tenner for a litre,I've just bought one myself i used aspall's before that i think i got that in tesco i could be wrong though.

bastantey

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 am

http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Coconut-Oil-Organic-Extra-Virgin-15-oz-426-g/5280?at=0
I found this on Iherb. Does this look ok ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:09 am

Nutiva is a excellent brand.

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:48 am

Yeah, I personally don't like Holland and Barrett either, but I'm unaware of any other "health" shops.

The iherb link someone posted to the Nutiva coconut oil looks very good, same amount as holland and barrett but half the price and a better quality. Can't argue with that. Think I'll be getting some. Smile

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:03 am

Yeah, that Coconut Oil is perfect. The Apple Cider Vinegar should be Bragg's because it has the "mother" in it..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Is this still working for you Decro? Has your hairloss stopped?
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2