Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical.

+10
europe
randle20
tooyoung
thissucks
phoenix21
Balthier
Quisque
RobHealthMan
Joey
Decro435
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. Empty Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical.

Post  Decro435 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 pm

I had pretty bad inflammation this week so I was looking for anything to calm in down even the slightest. I've used both ACV and CO before and had little success, but since I didn't have anything else to use I used them overnight. I had great relief after about 30 mins on my scalp and had a lot less the next day. I decided to do it again the day after and the results are the same.

So why is it exactly that ACV and CO are working for me. My primary belief is that it's because it changes the PH level of my scalp causing any fungal/bacterial infections to settle down. I've also heard that it increases blood flow. Any other reasons why this topical is working for me?. I want to know so I can work on top of this, if I know exactly what I need to combat (Fungus etc.) then doing it will be much easier.

My plan is to get a spray bottle in the next few days and fill it with a combination of ACV, Iodine, Tea tree oil and maybe some other ingredients. Then I spray it on my scalp for the night and on my head during the shower (haven't decided whether to rinse it out or not). Therefore giving me relief throughout the day and night. With the inflammation settled done there should be a reduction in hair loss, who knows...

Some questions:
1. Is applying ACV this often damaging in any way to the hair or scalp?.
2. Is getting ACV in the eyes actually harmful? (contradicting info)
3. Why exactly is this working for me?
4. Why the hell didn't this work before for me?

If any of you guys read my posts, you'll understand that I do suffer a lot of inflammation. If you are having trouble with inflammation too I highly encourage you to at least try this. It satisfied me over the last 2 days. Now I know it's only been 2 days and this might suddenly just not work tomorrow as seems to happen with treatments and me, but it's cheap and worth a try.

Cheers..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. Empty Re: Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical.

Post  Joey Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 pm

I get terrible inflammation around this time of year until springtime (UK) and can actually scrape white flakes of my scalp and used emu oil yesterday which soothed my scalp. I think its caused by the central heating - I try and leave it off where possible and have turned it off in my room but live with others who switch it on when its cold, or maybe due to the change in season. May give the ACV and Coconut oil a go to

Joey

Back to top Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical. Empty Re: Apple Cider Vinegar/ Coconut Oil Topical.

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:47 am

Decro435 wrote:I had pretty bad inflammation this week so I was looking for anything to calm in down even the slightest. I've used both ACV and CO before and had little success, but since I didn't have anything else to use I used them overnight. I had great relief after about 30 mins on my scalp and had a lot less the next day. I decided to do it again the day after and the results are the same.

So why is it exactly that ACV and CO are working for me. My primary belief is that it's because it changes the PH level of my scalp causing any fungal/bacterial infections to settle down. I've also heard that it increases blood flow. Any other reasons why this topical is working for me?. I want to know so I can work on top of this, if I know exactly what I need to combat (Fungus etc.) then doing it will be much easier.

My plan is to get a spray bottle in the next few days and fill it with a combination of ACV, Iodine, Tea tree oil and maybe some other ingredients. Then I spray it on my scalp for the night and on my head during the shower (haven't decided whether to rinse it out or not). Therefore giving me relief throughout the day and night. With the inflammation settled done there should be a reduction in hair loss, who knows...

Some questions:
1. Is applying ACV this often damaging in any way to the hair or scalp?.
2. Is getting ACV in the eyes actually harmful? (contradicting info)
3. Why exactly is this working for me?
4. Why the hell didn't this work before for me?

If any of you guys read my posts, you'll understand that I do suffer a lot of inflammation. If you are having trouble with inflammation too I highly encourage you to at least try this. It satisfied me over the last 2 days. Now I know it's only been 2 days and this might suddenly just not work tomorrow as seems to happen with treatments and me, but it's cheap and worth a try.

Cheers..

anyone have info here? this sounds interesting to stop inflammation

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:34 am

I'm pretty sure I've figured out how my hair loss is caused.

Thyroid insuffeciency - Hormonal Imbalance - DHT attaches to Androgen recpetors - Fungus/Yeast infection in scalp due to this - Body reacts by inflammation - Hair Loss.

Apple Cider Vinegar topically raises the Ph levels of my scalp, the fungus, most likely Malassezia Fur-fur isn't able to live in this slightly alkaline enviroment and therefore dies. Without this in the equation, the inflammation ends. I notice that in the evenings inflammation reoccurs, so I'm going start applying it after/during my showers aswell. This is really working well for me. If you remember I said that I never have inflammation when I consume alcohol, could this be due to the fact that alcohol also inactivates the Malassezia?. Cold/Hot weather, light seems to affect inflammation as well, these all clearly relate to fungi as well. I'm pretty sure I've got it right this time. Fungi don't bode well in alkaline enviroments, so I'll try and make myself slighty more alkaline with the use of internal and external ACV and maybe some supplement and I'll see how that goes MisterE also noted the whole Ph situation in my "Scalp Parasites" thread, so that kind of backed it up for me.

I
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:37 am

Also my head feels much better after showers for a while, there may be many reasons for this but I sense that the Ph levels might cause temporary relief for me?. Nothing in comparison to ACV though...
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Quisque Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:04 am

I love ACV topically, it's amazing stuff for supporting proper blood flow. I spray it on my head and let it work for 10 mins. Then rinse it out. After the shower I can literally see increased blood flow - my forhead and hairline is "blushing".

Quisque

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:28 pm

how could acv topically raise your scalp ph when ACV is acidic maybe it would be better say it lowers your ph fungi probably can't live in too acidic environment either and bragg ACV has been measured around 2.85 to 3.05%, or something else like it cleanses the scalp and the trace minerals and potassium might have a positive effect too.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:31 am

Yeah you are right. It seems there is a lot of conflicting info on that on the internet.

Either way, fungi/bacteria flourish at different Ph level depending on their species. It seems that by either lowering or maybe heightening the Ph level of the scalp it makes it undesirable for whatever bacterial/fungal overgrowth I have on my scalp to survive. There are many other reasons ACV could be working, but I still think it has to do with Ph levels.

Since you were right in saying that it is acidic, than maybe Mallassezia don't bode well in Acidic environments?. I've read places that say that alcohol is acidic, this would explain why my head doesn't itch during alcohol consumption. Vinegar being acidic actually points out more evidence of why this works. Thanks for pointing it out..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 am

Could someone answer if putting ACV in my hair every night be damaging?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 am

Was wondering this too, Decro. I think a few have mentioned that too much of anything acidic on the scalp can be bad, I dont remember where I read it, but it wasnt exactly backed up either.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:18 am

"Because acids control yeast, and alkalinity promotes it. For example, Candida thrives in an alkaline environment as alkalinity turns the Candida's growth gene on and converts the Candida in to its highly aggressive and pathogenic fungal form. Acidity turns the growth gene off and keeps the Candida in its relatively harmless yeast form."

Now I get it, I was getting Alkalinity mixed up with Acidity..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Guys I honestly can't explain how get this makes my hair and scalp feel. Inflammation is nearly completely gone.. If you have a itchy, tight, bruised feeling scalp then try this. I've put ACV, Tea Tree and Rosemary oil into a spray bottle and leave it on overnight. F---ing Amazing stuff.

I actually expect the hair loss to slow down considerably, hopefully. I will keep this topic updated..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Yeah keep us updated Decro, I'm very interested in how this will progress for you.

BTW, have you noticed a correlation between inflammation and diet? My scalp predictably flames up anytime I eat junk.

Congrats on the success so far! Cool

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Yeah, I've only slight noticed it. The inflammation changed a lot, but I couldn't quite point out what it was... I'm pretty sure sugar feeds this problem. Eat a normal clean diet as well, should be all good...

Today, hair loss down about 60%, no inflammation, great mood. I love this stuff
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:50 am

Decro - Are you taking any ACV in internally? Did you choose to put iodine in your spray bottle in the end?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:49 am

Nah, haven't been taking it internally yet because I emptied the ACV into the spray bottle, have to get somemore... I'll throw in the iodine tomorrow.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:04 am

Are you taking iodine internally? Let me know how it goes, I might be trying something similar soon.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:32 am

Glad to hear somethings working for you.

Im still experimenting with Iodine everyday because I feel at the end of the line there is hope.
My current situation is similar to yours. Use iodine in the morning. No inflammation for the day, inflammation returns at night then I use more iodine inflammation gone again. Shed a few hairs every day, Sometimes worse then others. Doing whatever I can to optimize my thyroid by using cofactors and selenium.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 am

No, I'm not taking Iodine internally anymore. It seemed like a miracle for me, but I just couldn't handle those severe heart palpitations/trouble breathing, I nearly fainted several times. It was scary.

I know there's something with the thyroid that I've yet to optimize, but I'm staying away from it for a while. Now all my attention, will be focused on Bacteria/Fungi etc. and balancing my Hormones...

Randle, after the first week or so Iodine stopped inhibiting my inflammation. I couldn't feel anything in heavy contrast to the first week, where I felt unbelievable. If it's still cutting the inflammation for you, then maybe that route is for you..

I didn't use the topical last night and I've slight inflammation today, looks like I could be using this nightly for a long time. Is anyone able to answer whether or not this could be damaging to my hair due to it's acidity?.

Also, CS, do you believe that this is working for me because I had some sort of bacterial infection in my scalp? Do you know of anything else I can use if that is the explanation? Borax? What kills, inhibits this bacteria the best?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 am

I got palpitations last week as well, but then they went away. How Iodine works? I have no clue. It is very mysterious supplement. To me but 3 very respected people have told me to stick with it so thats what I'm doing.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:51 pm

What you need to understand however, is that although lemons seem to be very acid in nature, they have an alkalizing effect in your body. That's why they are listed as an alkaline food. Apple cider vinegar also seems like it'd be listed in the acid list, but in your body it too, is very alkalizing. (That's why mild apple cider vinegar douches work well for yeast infections!) Yeast infections start because the lining of the uterus becomes to acid. In both cases, it seems like it would be the opposite, but the fact is that it's not.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:06 am

There are countless positive testimonials on ACV and Coconut Oil. Here's one for Coconut Oil claiming hair benefits..

I am writing to update you on our 7 month progress with coconut oil. I am so enthralled with this oil and all the wonderful things it is doing for us. My husband had severe prostatitis for almost a year. Nothing helped him. He went through several cycles of antibiotics, prostate massage, etc., to no avail. He was desperate and sure that this condition would plague him for the rest of his life. I had been taking coconut oil for 2 months and ,after reading peoples' stories here, urged him to start taking it. He was skeptical, but agreed. After 1 month of religiously taking 6 tablespoons a day, his symptoms vanished. I thank God for this miracle. But this is not all. Here are some of the benefits we have noticed:

1. Our hair is not falling out anymore, and it is shiny and soft. I am also sure that my husband has more hair than before!
2. Severe prostatitis cured.
3. Less irritability.
4. High energy level.
5. Leg circulation greatly improved.
6. My skin is getting better and better…after all that acne and rosacea, it is truly healthier. Scars seem to be healing. My skin broke out in a rash at first, but I suspect that this is a cleansing reaction.
7. Dermatitis healed.
8. Allergies have ceased.
9. I have noticed that broken capillaries look less red.
10. Knee pain has ceased.

I am hoping that as time goes on we will see other wonderful results. May God bless you!

A.G.
Italy
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:13 am

Decro, is that testimonial referring to internally taking coconut oil?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:09 am

I'm not really sure, pretty sure it is though. Just to report, my hair seems to have got a lot darker. I believe this is a good sign, showing that the hair is becoming stronger.

I lost about 13 hairs altogether in the shower, I used to lose that every time I rubbed my hand through my hair in the shower. Smile
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Great news, keep it up. Smile Have you noticed any changes after adding the iodine?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next