Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptyToday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Curcumin and hair shedding

+15
MiamiSteve
tooyoung
Jimmy
Jailbird
gutted
Hoppipolla
MadGreek
baller234
Gibson
tao81
Espio
Paradox
CausticSymmetry
The Natural
RobHealthMan
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 Empty Jimmy

Post  Jailbird Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 am

Question for you...I'm trying to regain what I've lost. Pretty sure I'm going to have to avoid the curcumin from now on.

Have you experienced any sides from the beta-sis?,, I was a responder to finasteride over 10 years ago, but after 6 months it gave me horrible sides, which took over a year to clear up.

Since then I've tried all different types of DHT blockers in my regimen. Most of them have given me mild sides such as Saw Palm, Nettles, Pygeum.

Would like to incorporate something to block DHT, but just seeems that they will all give me the unwanted sides.

Right now doing a metal detox, and after I would like to start with a fresh approach, Probably going to give the IH 6 minus the curc another go soon after I finish the detox.

Right now I use the Maxi Hair 2x- with a mega multi mineral2x- vitamin C 2x- and Toco 8 once a day.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 Empty Re: Curcumin and hair shedding

Post  tooyoung Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 am

Jimmy and Jailbird - Which brand of curcumin did you believe you shed with?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Jailbird Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 am

too young it was Jarrow Curc 95...I was good on it for awhile though.

Jailbird

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiSteve Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Espio wrote:Curcumin is an iron chelator.

http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/cgi/content/abstract/113/2/462

Those who have hair shedding with curcumin could have diffuse hair loss due to anemia. But for most people on this forum, we probably have too high iron, and the iron chelation would be beneficial.

Just my guess as to why it causes shedding (assuming it is diffuse shedding and not male pattern, if it is male pattern then nevermind.).

Espio,
I was on LEF 400 mg and then 800 mg. for a total of 3 to 4 months Took 1 a day and had a very bad shedding. I've been off it for about 2.5 to 3 months
Assuming it was the Curcumin, do you think I will regain the hair I shed and how long it may take?
Thanks
Steve

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Nice to see you here, Jailbird.

I have read that a "particular feature of Curcumin is to belong to the capsaicinoids family, substances characterized by a pungent taste, similar to the one of pepper." Cayenne pepper, in high amounts, is notorious for causing sheds. In lower amounts, this does not appear to be the case.

Likewise, highly concentrated curcumin (e.g. BCM-95® Bio-Curcumin®) produces a similar effect (shed) in users. Lower concentrations, like that found in the standard 500 mg. extract, do not affect most users in this way.

If you look at that the Italian study examining curcumin and resveratrol on male pattern baldness sufferers, you will notice that only: 600 mg. of vitamin C, 600 mg. of wheat germ (vitamin E source), 80 mg. of curcumin, 40 mg. of resveratrol, 50 mg. of capsaicin was used.

And the results: "...while the group treated with resveratrol and curcumin showed with great surprise a reduction, sometimes also relevant, in variable time periods. Moreover, during this testing, the patients treated with resveratrol and curcumin surprisingly showed positive improvements in the treatment of psoriasis and the attenuation and even a stop of the hair loss, a reduction of the hair graying and the rebirth of hair in bald areas sometimes even of the original color too."

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Comparatively, 80 mg. of curcumin is not a lot. And it does not appear (from my experience, anyway) that the effectiveness of this resveratrol/curcumin combination is dose-dependent. I have tried doubling the amount of curcumin and resveratrol that I took daily, but this did not seem to improve my results. Further, I am now taking half of what I used to take daily, and my hair has not worsened. On the contrary, it has gotten better. Whether this is due to 1. a change in supplement brands (---> whole herb extracts) or 2. the addition of royal jelly has yet to be determined.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Curcumin and hair shedding - Page 2 Empty For Jailbird

Post  Jimmy Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:12 pm

bro i have been on beta sit since 2 years , the only sides i got was it increased my libido , so i am quite happy with it and so is my wife Smile , but i also beleive sex / mastyerbation elevates DHT Levels to very high levels so i avoid sex till 15 days every month , i have seen very good growth near my temples but the hairs are not fully terminal yet , i swear by Beta Sis , as it contains Plant sterols which are also good for a Healthy Heart .

Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:19 pm

This "Jimmy" character is "Mike1234" at Hairsite: an idiot. He is here to advertise beta sitosterol.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:38 pm

hey Mr Natural , are u dreaming? just dont post any silly posts , u know i am Mr. bill clinton in real life ...lol , i just updated a member that Beta S helped me , never said to him to use it , I think its Not me who is advertising here ... ITS YOU who is using this forum as a SALES PITCH for Curcumin. everyone knws that Curcumin does not Grow Hair ... so stop it . BRO.

Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Again Jimmy (Mike1234), you came here under the auspices of having a question about whether "beta sitosterol can actually cause a heart attack," only to advertise and promote beta sitosterol. And you tried to do the same at Hairsite, but no one paid you any attention.

Yeah, you left Hairsite right after I educated your simple ass to the clinical study which examined the effects of curcumin and resveratrol on male pattern baldness.

Fool.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

I've said it before, i'll say it again, whole food will always beat out isolates in the long run. One misses out on a whole host a supporting factors when only consuming isolate forms. I've been consuming raw and cooked turmeric for some time now and I can clearly feel its overall health promoting effects as apposed to curcumin.

Isolate forms, although a very far cry away from synthetic drugs, are a step towards a drug like effect. Short term benefits? great! long term benefits? not so great, because it works as a stimulant on the body. Same goes for vitamin C as with everything.

Change to whole food and you WILL notice the improved difference.

Tip: Take some turmeric with black pepper and kefir/yogurt/milk or coconut oil and it will help facilitate greater assimilation of the turmeric.

Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Silverlin, those at Paradise Herbs share a similar view: "Our Standardized True Spectrumâ„¢ extract provides active levels of curcumin and curcuminoids, concentrated in the balanced ratio nature intended, without isolating, fractionizing or using toxic solvents, harsh chemicals or gases."

Is resveratrol a part of your daily regimen as well?

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:34 pm

The Natural - Is the paradise herbs curcumin the curcumin you use? What brand of resveratrol do you use?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Its no use fighting with a Illliterate Like the Natural , he wont admit it , why dont u guys do a google search and see the benefits of Beta S and hairloss and also try cucurmin and hairloss compare the detail studies of both and the success ratio and let yourself decide , The natural is the Greek god here with NO HAIR , so lets not argue and try to find a solution to our problems all is said that Beta S works great for me , never advised this Potty Mouth to use it , Everyone knows that the Natural has no Maturity in his Ball talks .

Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Jimmy wrote:with a Illliterate

I laughed.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Jimmy wrote:Its no use fighting with a Illliterate Like the Natural , he wont admit it , why dont u guys do a google search and see the benefits of Beta S and hairloss and also try cucurmin and hairloss compare the detail studies of both and the success ratio and let yourself decide , The natural is the Greek god here with NO HAIR , so lets not argue and try to find a solution to our problems all is said that Beta S works great for me , never advised this Potty Mouth to use it , Everyone knows that the Natural has no Maturity in his Ball talks .

Now Mike1234, I mean, "Jimmy," you tell me: Who's the real "potty mouth?"

Hairsite
07.01.2011, 01:17
Posted by Mike1234 @ The Natural:

"Exactly thats what i am saying u ass**** , where does FDA STATE THAT CURCUMIN GROWS HAIR ? HAHAHAHHAA , AS FOR BETA S , WE HAVE CLINICAL TRIAL , SHI*tER"

Tsk, tsk.

Fool, you may, at your leisure, continue to change your name from Mike1234 to Jimmy to Wang Chung. It does not matter. Your incoherent posts about beta sitosterol give you away every time. Advertise your product somewhere else.

You are right about one thing though: I do find it difficult to read your posts because of the misspellings; so that may indeed make me illiterate with two "l"s not three. Wink

But then, that would make you "ignant."

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiSteve Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:09 am

Anyone....

I was on LEF 400 mg and then 800 mg. for a total of 3 to 4 months Took 1 a day and had a very bad shedding. I've been off it for about 2.5 to 3 months
Assuming it was the Curcumin, do you think I will regain the hair I shed and how long it may take?
Thanks
Steve

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:26 am

Steve - I would probably attribute it to the brand of curcumin, as some people have had problems with the LEF super bio curcumin, not all curcumin is bad.

You will probably regrow what you lost if it was such a short time ago however I'd assume it depends on the person.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiSteve Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:21 pm

tooyoung wrote:Steve - I would probably attribute it to the brand of curcumin, as some people have had problems with the LEF super bio curcumin, not all curcumin is bad.

You will probably regrow what you lost if it was such a short time ago however I'd assume it depends on the person.

your saying even if the shedding was caused by the curcumin, it could be permanent ?

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:31 pm

In regards to Curcumin and shedding............. and Resveratrol for that matter, as well: If it is not that one particular brand of Curcumin giving the problem, then it may be low thyroid problems. I have had problems with both before I started supplementing with Ashwaghanda and Iodine. If you have low blood pressure you will have problems as well. I would start with Iodine if you aren't taking it and then add in Ashwaghanda. Just my 2 cents.

In regards to Jimmy...... he just got whacked. The spammer is gone! Sorry for the interruption. I was out of town yesterday. Course that doesn't excuse the other slacker moderators here, LOL. Very Happy

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  MiamiSteve Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:03 pm

The Natural wrote:baller,

I have been taking curcumin and resveratrol for over two years. Curcumin and resveratrol reduce scalp inflammation for the majority of users. It all but stopped my dandruff, and hair loss (primarily in the crown area).

It is very reasonable to expect that this combination should help you maintain. But honestly, I am finding that my experience of some regrowth may not be the norm.

P.S. I would advice against using LEF Super BIO curcumin, as it caused many here to shed.

Natural,
When you stopped using LEF Super BIO cur cumin the the hairs that you shed come back?
I think I am having the same issue as you.
Thanks

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 pm

a shed isnt always bad. it can indicate it is doing its job.

it is unlikely that curcumin and resveratrol would actually accelerate your pattern baldness.

people get scared at shedding a few more hairs than normal and stop with a product before they get results. they probably should have stuck it out.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Regrowth Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:a shed isnt always bad. it can indicate it is doing its job.

it is unlikely that curcumin and resveratrol would actually accelerate your pattern baldness.

people get scared at shedding a few more hairs than normal and stop with a product before they get results. they probably should have stuck it out.

This.

Regrowth

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:53 pm

I tend to be wary of studies to justify the approval of a patent from a patent clerk. I don't know that they are held to the same standards as other clinical studies. Am I not appraising this rightly? Someone diffuse this for me lol

But resveratrol / curcumin does seem to be getting good anecdotal reports from people who use it. It is especially interesting that pharmaceuticals being researched in AGA are molecularly similar or derivatives of curcumin. Resveratrol has had theory and speculation behind it vs hairloss independently of adding it to curcumin for years. So, I am not entirely surprised that people are actually gettting results from those two substances.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2