Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Stop Hair Shedding  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Stop Hair Shedding

+7
CF
Hoppipolla
ghai018
lookalike
Mastery
YAER
ElmoSuper8
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stop Hair Shedding  Empty Stop Hair Shedding

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:55 am

Hi, I am a 36 year old male and I have been thinning slowly for the last three years. About 5 weeks ago i started losing approx 40 hairs a day during styling (wet hair/ light organic pomade). I have never shed hair like this before and it is freaking me out.

Does anyone know how to stop a shed like this? Also, can I expect the hairs I lost to grow back? They looked like healthy hairs.

The other thing I am experiencing is a terrible prickly itch and its driving me insane.

If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Stop Hair Shedding  Empty Re: Stop Hair Shedding

Post  YAER Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 am

A sudden shed or itch shows that something wrong was introduced lately or taken away from your regimen. I strongly advise Black seed oil topically. This is the strongest thing i ever used for my hair, i hoped someone told me before i used rogaine. Dont put too much so as not to clog the follicles, they absorb easily though.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks for the advice Yaer.

So have used Black Seed Oil with success and stopped a shed in its tracks?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:16 am

Yes in a few days you will no longer lose hair and literally no inflammation. Its possible though you have a mini shed for hair already on its way out but all other anagen hairs will thicken. I didnt have a shed though neither anyone i know...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:23 am

Ok, and how often do you use it and how do you use it?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:55 am

Interesting

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm

You can use it daily or 3/4 times a week. I leave it in anywhere from between 3-8 hours. Report back after 2 weeks of use. It is also dubbed as the cure of everything but death so you can take it internally.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:18 am

Thanks for all your advice YAER. Just wondering -

Is this stuff as effective with males as females? ( I don't know if you're a guy or not)

Have you had any side effects with this (if you're a guy) either through taking it orally or topically, because I know it contains Beta Sitosterol and some people have had propecia-like sides with that.

Have you had any hair regrowth using it?

Does it lessen scalp itch?

Thanks a lot. Very Happy 

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Im a male, all the side effects were positive, this is the real deal. Black seed tackles the real mechanisms of hair loss and not mainstream although it directly lowers 5ar and dht, it does raise prolactin though so if u r estrogen dominant i suggest using 2 very small doses of zinc weekly(22 mg total). Black seed stopped my shed and literally wiped out inflammation. Take it both internally and topically you will thank me for it. No problem if ur a male of female.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/black-seed-remedy-everything-death

http://www.kau.edu.sa/Show_Res.aspx?Site_ID=306&Lng=EN&RN=59961

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  lookalike Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

YAER thank you for the info. I currently take 1-2 tbsp black seed oil daily but I dont use it topically. I'll try that too. What's your daily dosage internally? and how much do you use on scalp? thanks

lookalike

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:27 pm

I now only take 1 tsp in water and a pinch of lemon to enhance absorbtion but iv used much more before. I also use 0.5-0.75 ml topically. If you are estrogen dominant and have high prolactin take a total supplementation of 20-25 mg zinc as black seed oil raises prolactin a little. I hope someone had told me before about black seed oil before i used chemicals on my head.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  lookalike Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 am

Thank you for giving more detail. Im definitely going to use the oil. Did you have diffuse thinning style hairloss?

lookalike

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 am

Where are you buying it from?

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:25 am

Thanks Yaer,

How long have you been using it topically and orally?

Do you find it useful because it helps you maintain your hair, or have you also seen some regrowth too?

You said in another post that you create a spray with a mix of oils -" Black seed oil (pgd2/crth2 antagonist, strong anti inflammatroy,mmp 9,dkk1,5a reductase,interleukin inhibitor) + rosemary oil ( caspase 1 inhibtor)+ lavender(interleukin,tnf alpha inhibitor) + black tea(5 a reductase ihibitor). I mix all of these in a bottle and spray it daily."

.... Is the black seed oil on its own enough to stop a shed or do you need all of these other oils? With your spray concoction can you leave it in all day or do you have to wash it out?

What shampoo do you use?

Thanks a lot for answering my questions.

Cheers.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 am

This is very interesting, thanks for the info, YAER Smile

Would be great to know if Black Seed oil truly works on its own!

I read that it's also an effective antifungal, antibacterial and probably more!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:33 am

I just started it the topical mix very recently and i swear there are many many very very small sprouts all over my head. I was hit with a shed though all over my head not only my scalp due to taking a multi mineral that caused me severe copper deficiency.Black seed definitely works alone,used it alone before and was very very helpful, but i think the mix is make is the ultimate topical, tackles both dht and its receptors and inflammation. I would buy rosemary and lavender also if i was u, biggest difference since i began the fight. dont use more than total 10% of the mixture lavender and rosemary, less is better with these oils. Use 10% concentrated black tea, 10 essential oil and the rest black seed. Report back weekly. Results are almost instant with this topical. You can neglect the black tea, not a must as the rest does the same.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:48 am

well, my current plan is to try very high strength colloidal silver first (I tried CS on my head unsuccessfully quite a while ago, but it was low strength. I want to try v high strength).

If it doesn't work (I'll give it 1-2 weeks to show SOME signs of improvement) then I'll try black seed oil. If that doesn't work then.. hm. Maybe grapefruit seed extract I dunno o.O

Thanks for the advice though man Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:33 pm

YAER wrote:Black seed oil (pgd2/crth2 antagonist, strong anti inflammatroy,mmp 9,dkk1,5a reductase,interleukin inhibitor) + rosemary oil ( caspase 1 inhibtor)+ lavender(interleukin,tnf alpha inhibitor) + black tea(5 a reductase ihibitor). I mix all of these in a bottle and spray it daily.
Hi Yaer,

Thanks for the heads up on black seed oil. I did some Googling and could not find that it inhibits DKK-1. Would you mind sharing where you got that? Thanks.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:51 pm

hmmm i seem to recall soemthing about black tea giving as good results as propecia.

i think there was a study. i dont have it though unfortunately. anyone got it?
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:31 am

rofl wrote:hmmm i seem to recall soemthing about black tea giving as good results as propecia.

i think there was a study.  i dont have it though unfortunately.  anyone got it?
I don't think the study is posted on the net.  

http://www.hairloss-research.org/LinkUpdateBlacktea8-09.html

Although the DHT lowering effect of Black Tea `was not mentioned in the abstract, we obtained and reviewed the entire study including this revealing snippet:

Combined effects of soy phytochemicals and tea on serum testosterone and DHT concentrations.

“Mice treated with black tea (via standard,steeped beverage)tended to have a greater serum testosterone concentration (34.4%, P = 0.50) and had a 72% lower DHT concentration than controls (P < 0.05), suggesting that black tea may contain components that inhibit the activity of 5 -reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to the more bioactive DHT.”

This study also showed that the consumption of Green Tea as a beverage combined with Soy Isoflavone Concentrate significantly reduced DHT levels, and to some degree testosterone. Curiously it was found that the singular consumption of Green Tea raised both testosterone and DHT levels.
The bold parts were from the webpage, but serve the point I want to make well.  The study was set-up to test green and black tea in combination with soy isoflavones.  Also, for what it's worth, I've read on a message board that all the mice had to drink was black tea.  I've also read that black and green tea are high in fluoride.  Therefore extracts would be the way to go if you wanted to try to duplicate these results, in my opinion.  (And consume soy isoflavones in some form or fashion either, of course.)

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:08 am

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/textthread.cfm?catid=10&threadid=85579

"For animal studies, the tea infusions (15 g tea leaves/L water) were freshly prepared every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and were used as the sole source of drinking fluid for tea-treated mice throughout the study."

They don't specify how large the mice were or how much they drank. I used to study lab mice and a typical adult is 25-30g and drinks ~6ml per day.

15g/1000ml * 6ml = 0.09g per day (90mg/day)

Adjusted for bodyweight:

90mg/30g = 3 mg/g = 3 g/kg

Average human adult male = 70kg

Equivalent human dose:
3g*70kg = 210g = 0.21kg/day

A typical teabag is 2g so that's ~100 cups of tea.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:04 am

Im sorry i cant seem to find the link although im pretty sure i saw it when i first started using it.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:48 am

Personally I'm confused as to why 5ar-inhibition has to be as strong as finasteride. Surely it isn't increased THAT much, is it?

Plus I'd still love to know WHAT is increasing it. CRH? Low oxygen levels? What? ._.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 am

Thanks Yaer, just started using the black seed oil.

How long after your shedding started did you start to see the new sprouts of hair?

How long did it take for the shedding to stop once you started using the black seed oil?

What shampoo do you recommend?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:45 am

I think its relative, i was going through a very bad shed and was able to halt it using my topical, but if ur situation is steady i think it wont take much time, weeks to stop shedding and a month or two to see many small sprouts. Iv been very unlucky with many shampoos (regenpure and other harsh chemical based shampoo) and i just ordered an all natural shampoo with blackseed,rosemary and lavender (Sweet Sunnah - Black Seed Oil and Henna Herbal)... I havent yet started using, will report back in 2 weeks...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next