Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship

+9
Xenon
Turgius
Weser
tim33
Armando Jose
Serge
Nuada
Atlas
CausticSymmetry
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship Empty Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:54 am

Probably one of the most important topics that hasn't received enough attention here.

The main reason is hasn't been brought up so much is a lack of enough evidence. However,
circumstantially it's all over the place. I can site journals from the '60's and '70's that covers
some of the mechanistic connections, not covered in the study below.

http://jddtonline.info/index.php/jddt/article/view/3875

Brian CDT Dye
Owner, President, Classone Orthodontic Lab, 215 Froelich Rd, Kelowna, BC V1X 3M6, Canada
DOI https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v10i1-s.3875

In the dental industry, it seem no one has entertained the thought that if a dislocated mandible, in a Class II Skeletal relation could occlude or block the blood flow in in the STA.* Therefore stopping or impeding blood flow to the vertex of the head and therefor causing balding. Taking into consideration that in a healthy Class I Skeletal relation the clearance between the base of the skull and the eminence of the condyle is only 3.5mm.Pic 1 Orthodontic experience tells us that mandibles 3.5mm retrognathic and more are very common. The intent of this paper is to expose the facts and evidence that show the Class II Skeletal mandible is the cause of balding by blocking blood flow through the S.T.A. Balding of vertex can be avoided. A large array of research has been, and continues to be conducted to determine the causative agent for hair loss. Traditionally such investigation has focused on a number of varying topics, including but not limited to chromosome composition, genotype, and subsequent phenotype expression. However, little or no investigation has been conducted to deduce what effect the skeletal relationship has upon the initial development of hair loss. Through a series of observational case studies, it is evident that there is a relationship between malocclusion and hair loss. Specifically, through analysis of dental records, cephalometric radiographs, and visual observation of patients, there appears to be a correlation between Class II Skeletal malocclusion and subsequent hair loss. Further investigation yields that vascular anatomical differences between different skeletal schemes is associated with the development of hair loss.

I will translate this into pure English. An overbite, or present when the upper teeth stick out too far beyond the lower teeth is a Class II. Class one is when a normal bite is accompanied by a slight overlap of the upper teeth. This is the most common malocclusion. Class two is diagnosed when the overbite is severe, often known as retrognathic.

The superficial temporal artery is compromised by a Class II. Now consider that because of the mineral and vitamin poor food stuff, processing etc. 95% of the global population have a a malocclusion. So yes, it's so common that it's not "abnormal" but it is abnormal.

Twenty years ago, I read this book. The master work, and it will reveal hidden "secrets" that the dental and medical cartel are totally bankrupt in. They are utterly incompetent by their own teaching, because they leave out real health.

Our fate of male pattern baldness is mostly predetermined by what we eat before we obtain the age of 7 through 8. If our occlusion status is abnormal then, interventions will be necessary.

Nutrition & Physical Degeneration Food here (free)

https://archive.org/details/NutritionAndPhysicalDegeneration_201803

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

thissucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship Empty Re: Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship

Post  Atlas Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:18 am

Of course I had an overbite as a child but I don't know the class. That's why I got braces when I was round about 14.

The question is: Alothough the braces seem to correct the overbite, does the "correction" also improve the blood flow afterwards?

I think I are primarily ate junk food as a kid, I also got severe asthma after the va$$inations. My mother was always low on protein, fat soluble vitamins and iodine. To me this all makes a lot of sense.

(I read the Weston A. Price book some years ago, since then I always recommend pregnant women to load up on the fat soluble vitamins, esp. k and D).
Atlas
Atlas

CausticSymmetry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship Empty Re: Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship

Post  Nuada Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:13 am

Yeah I have an overbite. Never thought this was an issue and I though it was the norm lol.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:54 am

I've been looking into this relationship for about 10 years so far, and based on everything examined. It would appear that Vitamin K2 (Weston A Price referred to this as "Activator-X") plays a significant role in the prevention of malocclusion and of course Vitamin D. I suspect there's more, such as vitamin B1 (Thiamine)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/352561204_Could_Vitamin_D3_Deficiency_Influence_Malocclusion_Development

I have personally interviewed hundreds of hair loss people, as I treat a variety of health conditions, and I have been asking questions of this nature for just as long.

In the French Journal, Presse Med, was the first I had seen of this connection. In those days, AGA/MPB was
called seborrheic alopecia.

Presse Med. 1964 Mar 14;72:769-70.
[NEW TREATMENT OF SEBORRHEIC ALOPECIA: LIGATION OF THE SUPERFICIAL TEMPORAL VESSELS]

later on in 1977, more details are seen if you open up the PDF in
J Natl Med Assoc. 1977 Oct; 69(10): 709–711.
PMCID: PMC2536995
PMID: 157397
New Treatment for Seborrheic Alopecia: The Ligature of the Arteries of the Scalp

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2536995/

"Blood Circulation of the Scalp Going from front to back and on both sides of the median surface, there
are the frontal, superficial temporal, posterior auricular, and occipital vessels. This circulatory system is well
branched with many anastomoses. This appears on angiographs of the scalp made on cadavers, but it is not
the same in the living subject. The vasomotor action at the level of the capillaries isolates each arterial system
of the scalp. Thus, when a dye is injected in the external carotid artery, where the superficial temporal has
been previously ligated, the coloring spreads to the level of the face and the parietal and occipital regions, depending on the facial, auricular posterior, and occipital arteries. The dye does not penetrate in the area irrigated by
the superficial temporal artery which has been ligated and does not cross the median line. It is only a few hours
later that the ligated area becomes colored as the rest of the body. Like all the arteries of the skin, those of the scalp are terminal. When they are ligated, the arterial pulsations disappear and Doppler measurements are stopped.

Consequently, how does the blood arrive in the ligated area?

The blood of the neighboring regions penetrates the adjacent capillaries in order to establish a non-pulsed circulation in the ligated area.

The capillary blood arrives in the ligated area at a speed of .5 mm per see, whereas, the
arterial blood in the superficial artery flows at the speed of 10 cm per sec. Theoretically, it may be said that by
replacing the arterial circulation at the level of the scalp, the speed of the blood is reduced 200 times. Therefore,
the circulating androgens from the bordering capillaries will arrive in the ligated area about 200 times slower
than normal. At the same time, the P02 (partial pressure of oxygen) is reduced and the relative hypoxia established consequently inhibits the enzymatic system in the target cells.

From a surgical point of view, it is extremely interesting that all of the vessels do not have the same caliber,
and consequently, the blood flow varies from one vessel to another. The superficial temporal artery is the most
important artery of the scalp. The temporal pulse can very easily be palpated at the level of the zygomatic
arch. The frontal and temporal branch may be readily followed to a certain level by palpation alone. Palpation of
the pulse of the other arterial vessels is difficult. For these, Doppler measurements are very helpful.

Surgical Technique
In seborrheic alopecia, which vascular systems can be ligated to produce a
reduction of blood flow?

In principle, the diseased areas are those irrigated by the superficial temporal, posterior
auricular, and occipital vessels. Bilateral ligature of the superficial temporal vessels has been made.
Under local anesthesia (3 ml of 2 percent xylocaine with adrenaline), a 3 cm vertical cutaneous incision is made
in the temporal area above the zygomatic arch. The pilosity of the area will easily hide the scar in such a way
that the operation gives full satisfaction.

Skipping ahead.....

Results
Of the 1300 cases followed, 987 patients had very favorable results. Approximately 76 percent of cases
revealed a reduction in hair shedding. A lengthening of the time necessary for the hair to become greasy (rarefying dandruff and reducing scalp itching) was also noted. Results are obtained at variable periods of time.

Often, improvement of seborrhea comes before improvement of hair loss. Sometimes, it appears as soon as
the 15th day; but usually, four to eight months are required before improvement reaches its maximum
level or complete cure is obtained. None of those who had surgery showed recurrence of the illness. Approximately 17 percent of cases showed a regrowth of hair at the bald regions. Twenty-four percent of patients having ligature of the arteries of the scalp showed no improvement in their seborrheic alopecia.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serge Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:37 am

This is crazy! My mouth was "too small" when I was growing up and dentists put this metal spacer on the top of my mouth which my mom had to literally crank and it hurt like hell. I first started to notice hair loss at 16 years old. I always thought there was a connection between all my dental visits and my early aggressive hair loss.

I wonder if there is anything that could have been done differently.

Serge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:45 am

Serge wrote:This is crazy! My mouth was "too small" when I was growing up and dentists put this metal spacer on the top of my mouth which my mom had to literally crank and it hurt like hell. I first started to notice hair loss at 16 years old. I always thought there was a connection between all my dental visits and my early aggressive hair loss.

I wonder if there is anything that could have been done differently.

Nearly all dental practices do more harm than good. There are good dentists who can undo some of the damage.

We're all given poor health advise. I do not remember my age, but I remember asking what was the point of going to the dentist every 6-months for check-ups. The answer wasn't clear, but ultimately decades later, everything is basically a ritual (by design).

I start thinking very early on that the notion of getting braces was not something I wanted any part of. I tricked the dentist and altered my overbite to make it appear normal. Since then never returned to the dentist--not once.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

thissucks and Atlas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Armando Jose Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:47 pm

"AGA/MPB was called seborrheic alopecia."

Why it was changed?

Armando Jose

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:57 am

Armando Jose wrote:"AGA/MPB was called seborrheic alopecia."

Why it was changed?  

Just a guess here, but I believe during that time period. The trigger for the sebum was not understood.
Once they made the association between androgens and sebum, then they changed the term to AGA.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tim33 Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:42 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I've been looking into this relationship for about 10 years so far, and based on everything examined. It would appear that Vitamin K2 (Weston A Price referred to this as "Activator-X") plays a significant role in the prevention of malocclusion and of course Vitamin D. I suspect there's more, such as vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
The most important antagonist to K2, D and B1 to be aware of is excess vitamin A. Elevated retinoic acid inhibits transketolase causing B1 deficiency. Elevated retinoic acid competes at VDRs causing the body to raise calcitriol to compensate which causes faster depletion of D. Elevated retinoic acid suppresses the conversion of K1 to K2 while simultaneously depleting K2. There is no need to consume high vitamin A sources of K2. Lard and plentiful meats in the diet have a good K2:A ratio which is more important than the total amount of K2 in any given food.

I have strictly followed a low vitamin A diet (including carotenoids) for 2.5 years. If you tested my serum retinol today it would not be low. Vitamin A takes years to deplete, if you have high liver stores (liver stores go up as we age) you'll have elevated levels of retinoic acid in your blood which will poison your body 24/7 inhibiting enzyme function throughout the body, depleting all other vitamins, disrupting thyroid, gut and liver function and causing hormone imbalances.

I have cured seb derm and dandruff through depleting vitamin A over 2.5 years. I suffered from dandruff from a young age and nothing else I did helped to improve my condition. My balding has halted. My cracked lips are history. I used to lose my voice easily now I can talk all day at volume and never lose my voice. My overall health is much better. My cholesterol levels have normalized. My elevated liver enzymes have normalized.

A large percentage of the population has Hypervitaminosis A. Having Hypervitaminosis A for many years gives you a similar dose of 13-cis-retinoic acid to the drug Accutane which causes hair loss. Liver, cod liver oil, dairy and high carotenoid vegetables are the enemies of your hairline.

tim33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:24 am

Cod Liver Oil consumer 15 years. Hair actually improved. Comparing Accutane to real vitamin A is a misnomer. In fact, over time real vitamin A from animal sources not carotenoids can help correct accutane poisoning.

There are other risk factors that can deplete vitamin B1. We are all different.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tim33 Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:25 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Cod Liver Oil consumer 15 years. Hair actually improved.
Your hair has improved despite including CLO in your regimen.

CausticSymmetry wrote:Comparing Accutane to real vitamin A is a misnomer. In fact, over time real vitamin A from animal sources not carotenoids can help correct accutane poisoning.
Vitamin A metabolizes to all-trans-retinoic acid and 13-cis-retinoic acid (Accutane). I'm discussing Hypervitaminosis A which is common and it's not up for debate how harmful it is. Vitamin A does not help to heal from Accutane, a moderately low vitamin A diet helps to heal from Accutane, the last thing that's needed is more retinoic acid being produced by the body.

CausticSymmetry wrote:There are other risk factors that can deplete vitamin B1. We are all different.
Everyone is reliant on transketolase for good B1 status but we do all differ in our ability to metabolize vitamin A and in how much our body works to conserve vitamin A. Hypervitaminosis A is not the only cause of B1 deficiency but it's an important one.

tim33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:02 am

In human nutrition, few things are so cut and dry. Humans are not like a machine.

So in certain physiological conditions what is stated above is possible, but that's an exception not a rule.
For instance, low zinc, a fatty liver combined (those conditions are ripe for low Vitamin B1).

At the same time, not everyone can convert carotenoids into trans retinoic acid/retinol.

Why is this important? Retinol has many diverse functions critical for delaying the aging process.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tim33 Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:40 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:In human nutrition, few things are so cut and dry. Humans are not like a machine.
Not sure what exactly you are referring to. Nobody has the same ability to process vitamin A but everybody has the same basic physiology.

CausticSymmetry wrote:So in certain physiological conditions what is stated above is possible, but that's an exception not a rule.
It's not an exception, Hypervitaminosis A is very common, as in approximately a quarter of the population.

CausticSymmetry wrote:For instance, low zinc, a fatty liver combined (those conditions are ripe for low Vitamin B1).
All sorts of things can contribute to B1 deficiency, that doesn't negate what I'm saying.

CausticSymmetry wrote:At the same time, not everyone can convert carotenoids into trans retinoic acid/retinol.
Everybody can convert provitamin A carotenoids to retinol however the efficiency of conversion varies from individual to individual. Regardless, an excess level of retinoic acid is very common.

CausticSymmetry wrote:Why is this important?  Retinol has many diverse functions critical for delaying the aging process.
Well yeah it's a vitamin but nobody in modernized countries is deficient in it. I'm not talking about its necessity, I'm talking about its toxicity. Retinoic acid is a hormone like signaling molecule that interacts with nuclear receptors and is very toxic in excess. It's the only vitamin that in excess is strongly associated with hair loss and it just so happens that it's the vitamin we are least likely to be deficient in.

tim33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:55 am

Everything is reasonable in moderation. a gram of cod liver oil is far from excessive.

A lot of "learned" scientists have been grossly misinformed about Vitamin A to the point of hyperbole.
This happens for political reasons (supporters of research grants)

Not everyone can convert those plant-based Vitamin into the good stuff.

The importance of vitamin A from animal sources goes well beyond the scope of this thread.

Unless one is a vegetarian, would not discard animal sources of vitamin A.

Sources such as WebMD.com (deliberate or incompetent misinformation) on Vitamin A.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tim33 Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:17 pm

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30265402/

For example, direct liver analysis from 27 U.S. adult cadavers revealed 33% prevalence of hypervitaminosis A (defined as ≥1 μmol/g liver). In 133 Zambian children, 59% were diagnosed with hypervitaminosis A using a retinol isotope dilution, and 16% had ≥5% total serum VA as retinyl esters, a measure of intoxication. In 40 South African children who frequently consumed liver, 72.5% had ≥5% total serum VA as retinyl esters. All four countries have mandatory fortified foods and a high percentage of supplement users or targeted supplementation to preschool children.

I was heavily influenced by the WAPF before I came to my senses about vitamin A. Once one properly understands the physiology of vitamin A in the body and rates of deficiency and excess one realizes how ridiculous it is to be concerned about getting enough of it. It's pretty much the only vitamin you don't have to be concerned with getting enough of! Following a WAPF inspired diet can cause great harm over time due to Hypervitaminosis A.

I have been following a low vitamin A diet for 2.5 years excluding high carotenoids foods, liver, dairy products etc. After all this time I still have excess levels of vitamin A. It is by far the hardest vitamin to be deficient in. During this time my health has improved so much.

tim33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:35 am

Thank you for the citation.

When it comes down to what works, diet, supplement wise, it's a journey.

Back around 2005, I started taking not one, but 5 to 10 cod liver oil (gram gel-like capsules) for a considerable time.

Started to wonder what was in the Cod Liver Oil other than EFA's, Vitamin A and D, because it really
make a positive impact. Wasn't short on vitamin A related foods.

Since then have a few guesses. Was it the EFA's?  Was it that Retinol is an absolute requirement for building blood and especially hemoglobin. Is it that iron regulation, both excessive and underutilized are better controlled with animal form of Vitamin A. It's an unknown answer.

Only years later tapered down to only 1 gram of EFA's.

With respect to the citation there are severe limitations (children aged-in months and cadavers), but personally believe it comes down to understand what foods work best for the individual.

For example, health problems only began when a plant-based diet was ingested. For someone else, the opposite could be true.

No one is the same.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weser Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:17 pm

I don't fully understand all the jargon here but wouldn't this also be related to TMJ? when I tighten my jaw I notice itchy ness at my temples and increased shedding. the only fix I have is constantly reminding myself to loosen and slightly open my jaw to relax it. I'm almost positive that TMJ (and poor posture/ tight back) is a main cause of my hair loss.

Weser

CausticSymmetry and thissucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Turgius Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:07 pm

Actually makes a lot of sense. The rapid nature of my hair loss did not start until after having two fillings done at 22, which I had to have adjusted twice. Initial receding only started at 17 after having the first two filled, which also needed to be adjusted. After the first filling my jaw always felt off with sloshing sounds. I also had repeat wry neck as a kid, was treated with a neck brace and mussel relaxants. I ended up wearing that brace for nearly a year at 22/23. Increased rapid hairless followed a Chiropractor doing something while treating my neck that caused the disk to come out of place in my right TMJ at 24, where the worst recession was earliest present. MRIs have since shown that the disk is fine and moves normally but it has never felt that way since. Posture is absolute garage, and has been since I was a kid. Hoping further weight loss helps remedy it. The neck issues (characterized by a extremely panful pressure headache at the base of the spine and mussel spasming thought the neck (started age 12) during wry neck flares) did not begin resolving until after 6 months of physical therapy, but had no impact on hair loss. Last time I was seeing a specialist they stated there was no malocclusion, though it certainly feels like it, though I no longer have my jaw swinging to one side like I di for a year after the disk popped out, was rather more like a explosives bang followed by sloshing that repeated constantly for years and weird plastic feeling in the muscles. .
Turgius
Turgius

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:59 pm

I'll make this really easy. For the most part it's the overbite. There are always exceptions.

And just like the rest of some types of medical and dental professions, they can make the problem worse by their own treatments.

Over 20 years ago I started looking into Weston A Price's work.

Here's a free copy for any who haven't looked into it before.

https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

There are free PDF's too, but this link is so much easier, one can just use Control-F (find) and isolate any parts you're looking for. I've read the entire book over 20 years ago, however there are concepts in this book discovered 100 years ago that 'modern dentistry' doesn't grasp, because they learn what makes income, not what makes the patient healthy.

In a nutshell, they do not know what they do not know.

Everything from posture issues, breathing and other physical symptoms can manifest from having a dentist wreak the architecture.  However, it's not entirely their fault. What happens during development of the mandible, stress and nutrition wise plays a significant role. Even how the baby is delivered can make an impact.

Difficult to summarize a complex topic, but it would appear that the effect of the malocclusion can be great enough to
make many treatments null or less effective.

There are theoretical ways to fix this issue without chiropractors or dentists.  However, when it comes to teeth, sometimes a dentist is needed to repair damage from other dentists.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:35 am

It's been too long since some of the lost topics, so in the spirit of the above thread, here's part of what makes a healthy jaw structure.

Vitamin K2 and its Impact on Tooth Epigenetics

https://www.intechopen.com/chapters/54291

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Tue May 24, 2022 2:23 am

I thought I should revive this thread since malocclusion came up in another thread.
I was looking into traditional methods and I found out about invisalign treatment. It is like a transparent mold you put on your teeth. CS do you think is there is any merit to that treatment ? Also is there a way to tell how significant my overbite is. Usually the pictures on the web depict extreme cases.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue May 24, 2022 3:21 am

I think malocclusion may play a role, in the same way mechanical overload by way of pillow compression / wearing tight fitting hats can cause homeostasis issues. However, I find it interesting that my transplanted hair has not succumbed to the deleterious effects of the aforementioned. This is why I, personally, think that genetics / hormones are the key problems here.

Feel free to differ with my opinion, but I think that the indigenous follicles of the galea are pre-programmed to enter the telogen phase when required. This occurs byway of immune attack. Why? It might be a fail safe method that allows more efficient cooling of the brain.

One theory suggests that hair is a thermoinsulator, but when the brain (and maybe other organs) begins to operate at dangerously high temperatures, heat is rapidly released from the scalp. Consequently, it could be that the immune system is then programmed to attack galea follicles, so that they shrink, and more efficient cooling can take place. And perhaps this is why they remain in telogen phase.

Remember, too, it’s only the hair producing matrix cells that are attacked by the immune system, yet the sweat and sebaceous glands continue to operate normally. Why? It seems to me that this process favours evaporative cooling over thermoinsulation. In other words, hair may become a hinderance to this cooling process.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 24, 2022 3:56 am

In the dental industry, it seems no one has entertained the thought that if a dislocated mandible, in a Class II Skeletal relation could occlude or block the blood flow in in the superficial temporal artery.  Therefore stopping or impeding blood flow to the vertex of the head and therefore causing balding.  

Taking into consideration that in a healthy Class I Skeletal relation the clearance between the base of the skull and the eminence of the condyle (a condyle is the round prominence at the end of a bone, most often part of a joint - an articulation with another bone) is only 3.5mm.Pic 1  Orthodontic experience tells us that mandibles 3.5mm retrognathic and more are very common. The intent of this paper is to expose the facts and evidence that show the Class II Skeletal mandible is the cause of balding by blocking blood flow through the superficial temporal artery.

http://jddtonline.info/index.php/jddt/article/view/3875

Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship Condyl10

A possible solution might be this:

https://www.starecta.com/

That said, there are other factors that can lead to this - Would take a good amount of time to even try to explain it all.

Genetics have been a ruse, there is always an explanation for everything.
The superficial temporal artery is only a partial explanation, as there is another structural effect related to the anterior artery.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

thissucks and Atlas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue May 24, 2022 7:26 am

For whatever reason I didn't recognize this thread. I will check the link you posted, CS. Very interesting.

I also like the ideas of Mike Mew and his dad.

https://orthodontichealth.co.uk/

He has also a lot of youtube videos.

As a Chiropractor I see a lot of patients with TMJ issues etc.. Uusually I treat the whole body (my focus is to correct the improve the biomechanics of the whole skeletal system, especially feet, pelvis, hips, occiput/atlas). TMJ issues are tightly connected to the cervical spine, cervical spine is tightly connected to the rest of the body. What I always neglected is the position of the tongue, degenerated M. masseter (we don't have to chew anymore), too much mouthbreathing etc..

Very interesting topic for sure!
Atlas
Atlas

CausticSymmetry and thissucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 24, 2022 8:20 am

Atlas wrote:For whatever reason I didn't recognize this thread. I will check the link you posted, CS. Very interesting.

I also like the ideas of Mike Mew and his dad.

https://orthodontichealth.co.uk/

He has also a lot of youtube videos.

As a Chiropractor I see a lot of patients with TMJ issues etc.. Uusually I treat the whole body (my focus is to correct the improve the biomechanics of the whole skeletal system, especially feet, pelvis, hips, occiput/atlas). TMJ issues are tightly connected to the cervical spine, cervical spine is tightly connected to the rest of the body. What I always neglected is the position of the tongue, degenerated M. masseter (we don't have to chew anymore), too much mouthbreathing etc..

Very interesting topic for sure!

I looked into Mike Mew about 10 years ago and with a lot of Q & A: I started to get the impression that Mew's techniques do not seem to translate to hair growth. For that reason I've been recommending: https://www.starecta.com/
which is a device called a Rectifier™, a special tool that allows you to support the skull, stretch the dorsal spine and balance the body in a natural way.

Most people when they receive this type of info, it just goes in one ear and through out the other. In my opinion, it makes the most sense on the etiology of AGA/MPB.

Over 25 years ago I read the seminal work by Weston A. Price, "Nutrition and
Physical Degeneration, A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets and Their Effects"

https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

Malocclusion and Hair Loss: An Intimate Relationship Abb10

At the bottom of this paragraph below the photo, it reads: "Little baldness was seen even in the very old."

These people had virtually perfect teeth, zero braces (at least until their food was processed)

Someone asked about Invisalign® - That's what exacerbates the problem.

In today's world 95% have malocclusion. To put it a better way, it's so common to be sick and in flawed structure because of our flawed medical and dental models and it escapes people what real health looks like.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next