Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Cortisol's relationship to hair loss EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cortisol's relationship to hair loss

Go down

Cortisol's relationship to hair loss Empty Cortisol's relationship to hair loss

Post  Schitz Popinov Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:44 am

Question about cortisol's relationship to hair loss.

I have had elevated cortisol levels for the better part of the last 10-15 years (blood serum tested, not saliva).  I've read that elevated levels can be caused by chronic infections.  When my health started getting funky back in 2006 from an infection (in the gum line of my back bottom left wisdom tooth), one of the first things I noticed was the constant nasal congestion/inflammation.  I've never had it checked out by an ENT, but I'm certain something is not right up there.  It has severely impacted my breathing and I'm constantly dealing with blockage.  At certain points I have even been able to detect a musky smell.

Is it possible that:

1. A chronic sinus infection is causing elevated cortisol
2. The elevated cortisol is causing chronic inflammation
3. The chronic inflammation is causing major damage to the conditions of my scalp (not to mention other areas of the body), which triggered my androgenic alopecia (unconfirmed, but I'm convinced by the shape that it is).

I also wonder if these elevated cortisol levels are contributing to my constant "tense/anxious" state via the pregnenolone steal.

I should note - I also have long running GI issues (which I believe there is inflammation there as well) and my liver produces elevated bilirubin (Gilbert's Syndrome).  I've been trying to collect more facts on what kind of impact this has on my hormone levels.  In college I also had a pretty rough case of mono that lasted me about 6 months. I still test high for the associated EBV antibodies.

Schitz Popinov

Back to top Go down