Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal?

+3
lund
nidhogge
halfempty
7 posters

Go down

Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? Empty Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal?

Post  halfempty Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:11 pm

I saw this pill at GNC. Was wondering if you guys think that this would be bad for hair.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/recreate.html

I need to lose some weight. I have problems with my biceps tendon in my shoulder so I can only lift light weights about once a week. My cardio is also limited to water jogging since I have a bad leg.

Furthermore, I am on Lexapro, Abilify, and Wellbutrin. Some of these pills increase my appetite. I am having trouble with over eating.

Nid, you are informed with this area. Any suggestions?

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? Empty Re: Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal?

Post  nidhogge Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:49 pm

I only recognize the Caffeine and Forslean in there. Caffeine is pretty standard in any weight loss product, probably for energy pursposes unless it's been found to increase the metabolism as well...not sure about that. Forslean is pretty potent stuff, I dropped a couple hundred foolishly on the 99% extract (native herb is called Forskolin). 1g gave me the most massive headache ever, as did 500mg. Didn't touch the stuff after that...what a waste of money. That was a couple summers ago. Forslean, however, will be in a safe amount that won't give you sides, however, not sure if it's enough to realize benefits either.

On paper, this does look real good though and I don't see anything really standing out that would act as a red flag for me.

If it does truly increase test production noticeably though, then this can lead to excess DHT. Caffeine is also a vaso-constrictor as well, which may reduce bloodflow to the scalp...not sure on this entirely. A laser helmet would make up for the bloodflow issue if one does exist.

Hopefully IH is a bit familiar with some more of those actives.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal? Empty Re: Fat Loss Supplement Recreate- Nid? Immortal?

Post  lund Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:51 pm

While I aint IH or Niddy - I have dabelled in this area, SSRIs specifically.

Not knowing how severe your condition is - have you looked at SSRI alternatives at all?

1. Methylation cycle fuckups (SAM-e, TMG, L-methionine + Active B-12/FolicAcid + P5P (B6))
2. Anxiety related (Taurine, GABA, Inositol)
3. Bacopa

The problem with SSRIs are that it does not create more Serotonin, it just stops the reuptake -but if you have a problem creating Serotonin to begin with, you will stay screwed somewhat. Plus these tinker with so many 5-HT and Dopamine receptors in ways that no one knows the full story. They cannot even tell you why certain SSRI classes delay ejaculation while others do not - just wild theories at this point.

I would tend to think - if you can get some relief from fixing the methylation cycle (#1 above), you will be ahead somewhat - then you need to determine if anxiety is there as well and somehow fix that aspect (#2 above). It is all trial and error. However, if you can make this work - you will not have the weight gain problem associated with SSRIs (besides 10K other negatives)

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:06 am

First off, thanks for such awesome, informative replies!

I have been an psychopharmacological treatment since for the past 12 years. I hope that at some point in my life I can get off of these pills (which fucking suck) but I can't put my life on hold and try to come off of them. I may never be able to. I don't want to kill myself or something as things get really crazy when I try to come off of them.

I may give this stuff a go. The thing that caught my attention to this stuff was the fact that it has minimal amounts of caffeine.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:02 am

halfempty - There are a couple ingredients in this formula I'm not familiar with, but based on the ones that are, along with the description of what it does it seems promising. The only caveat is that since it is a proprietary blend, there's no way to tell how much of what ingredient is being used and that can make all the difference. Forslean, which is a patented variety of Forskolii root has been shown clinically to lose significant fat loss in a period of months, but as long as enough of it is used.

Regarding SSRI's these are notorious for causing weight gain. I think lund nailed one of the best solutions to this problem.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:42 am

What's your diet like?

Eat low carb and avoid HFCS like the plague.

Go caloric deficient for a few weeks and supplement with BCAAs to keep from losing muscle mass.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:05 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

Question.

How do you guys keep your appetite in check? I am having trouble.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 am

halfempty - In my case my diet is eat as much as you want, just as long as I avoid refined carbohydrate. However, I have found Jarrow EPS probiotic to quench my appetite and generally reduce my desire to bad foods.

This linke provided by curt504 a few weeks ago explains how calories are not really a factor.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#2L3gpH/www.dhslides.org/mgr/mgr060509f/f.htm/
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:halfempty - In my case my diet is eat as much as you want, just as long as I avoid refined carbohydrate. However, I have found Jarrow EPS probiotic to quench my appetite and generally reduce my desire to bad foods.

This linke provided by curt504 a few weeks ago explains how calories are not really a factor.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#2L3gpH/www.dhslides.org/mgr/mgr060509f/f.htm/

That was a good lecture. Thanks for reposting CS.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:48 pm

I will tell you how I lost 15 lbs and continue - sadly all of my pants no longer fit me, had to spend some decent money buying everything from shorts to jeans to dress pants (work)... ;-(

Kefir - that's right. There could be other things, but one tall glass of Kefir is a fulfilling drink and it is slow digesting (alteast for me). Many nights, I just take Kefir as Dinner - and I sleep with a full feeling.

Fat free Kefir seems a good choice for limiting calorie intake while being satiating at the same time. And above all it is fantastic Probiotic and is cheap... what else do you want?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:21 pm

lund - That's great news about Kefir.

Just a few years ago there was a ground breaking study on the strong influence gut microflora have on how many calories are subtracted from food. With Jarrow EPS I get satisfied quicker than without it, and Kefir most do basically the same thing.

Check out this interesting interview: http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/interviews/interview/638/
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thelibrarian Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Hey Immortal,

Just checked out the video you linked - fantastic and useful information. Once again, I find myself thankful for your knowledge, intelligence and tenacity in finding top notch hair and health info!

I get the impression that the members of this group are just getting the tip of the iceburg on what you have in your knowledge base! Makes me think I would gladly pay a monthly fee for a site where you really could focus all your time on researching and providing information!

Also, from your bio I see that you have an interest in market info . Are you involved in any online discussion groups? I would be very interested inn getting your take on the financial big picture!
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:13 pm

thelibrarian - Thanks for the comments. It's a bit funny but I only became interested in health over 15 years ago because of hair but then through that understanding became interested in overall health. I put out a free newsletter a few years ago but became overwhelmed since it took some time from work. Now days I actually do have the time (not working presently).

I once spent an inordinate amount of time researching the financial arena, but that's evolved into a specialty that's too esoteric to make much use out of. Now day's I almost try to stay ignorant about what's going on--at least up to a point, but it is hard, LOL! I believe there are similar parallels between medicine and finance both riddled with snares and pitfalls. It's been disillusioning for me to think about the loss of our purchasing power in recent decades, but then have to think on the positive side and know that there are many ways to keep pace above this inflation.

If you like we could sort of make an off topic thread, I bet there's a lot of useful info in this area we could share with investment strategies and what not. I have some that may or may not be of use. Anyone here follow contrarian investment principles?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:10 pm

I'll second thelibrarian ... thanks for everything you post CausticSymmetry!

Also, I'd be VERY interested to hear of any investing strategies you have. I'm sometimes a contrarian investor and is an investment style that definitely works. The problem is investing large amounts of money during those times as you need super human courage, lol.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  thelibrarian Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:49 am

Immortal,
Seriously < you should write a book on the state of the art right now for hair loss
AND then one on general health!
you could provide an update option

lets face, "Immortal Hair" is an top notch name for advertising your expertise!

I bet thousands of people already would pay 50-75 bucks for a thorough review from you. I know I would! From there it could spread rapidly

You would also be doing a real service. Imagine what would happen if the info in the video you recommended above made it to the american public! It would alter the upcoming health care crisis radically!! You could trojan horse that sort of info into a hair loss book! Sad but true, people are more interested in their hairline than their overall health! I know I am!

BTW,I use the name "the librarian" for a few reasons- I am a fan of british author Terry Pratchett and his character" the librarian" is a favorite; the computer from which I go online is in my library; and , well, I have read a few thousand books! I would be happy to provide any editing help you may need - I may even be able to run it by my wife, who has is a master of the edit!
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:46 am

thelibrarian - I agree it would be a good idea (about the book).

I had thought about it for some years with exactly the idea you had in mind, sort of a Trojan horse way to address health issues that are silently connected with a receding hairline or bald spot. Learning about what really causes erectile dysfunction and other things which are more than a symptom and a sign of what is to come would be equally of interest to a lot of people also.

I have been fortunate to work for some pioneers in the health industry and there is a lot of information that I only wish was public knowledge. Sites like Dr. Mercola are really helping to change the health paradigm. Mercola doesn't know much about supplements, but I am starting to get the idea that he is aware of his limitations. I thought this recent video he did was interesting, called "Why do I sell products on my site." http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/07/11/is-your-health-freedom-really-free.aspx

Toward the 2nd half of that short video he discusses the behavior (legal actions) that are repeatedly being taken towards him, which is a sure sign they (pharmaceutical cartel) are getting nervous.

This is an exciting prospect that maybe the public shift towards self-care could become a reality quicker than the 100 to 200 year time it would normally happen.

Anyway back to the book idea, it comes down to publishers and distribution. There's a lot of very good books written and only a small select group ever make it, this and how rapidly things change has been a bit of a hindrance. But if anybody knows anybody that knows however it is supposed to be done, please contact me.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:52 am

See IH, I'm not the only one that wants you to do something like this, haha. Just write the book, and I'll get it to the right channels. I'm good at that kind of thing. Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down