Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss

+16
Gibson
Prague
Warren
MMAfighter
gbp2000
lund
jksl
Petch
lukso
Amaranthaceae
opeth88
kijumn
Misirlou
Espio
curt504
CausticSymmetry
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 Empty Re: Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss

Post  scottyc33 Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:14 am

JDP,

What do you mean by "reaction"?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 4 Empty Re: Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss

Post  hapyman Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:29 am

Thanks for the follow up. I too have almost completely eliminated dairy for my diet. I can't tell you the last time I ate regular ice cream or milk. However, I do have the occasional cheese and sour cream, usually with other dishes. I have had a sensitivity to dairy ever since I was younger. My mom got us used to Lact-Aid and Rice Milk early & thank god for that.

As far as gluten goes I am almost 100% positive it is contributing to my eczema and allergies because the only time I feel relieved from them is during a fast or a cleanse. Which when it boils down to it... it is just a specialized gluten/dairy free diet. Instead of white rice I always eat whole grain brown rice, so no fortification is necessary. It is interesting to see all the different ways in which gluten can be hidden. For this reason I only use organic seasonings, with nothing else added. Usually get them from whole foods but their markup is a bit bad. I am thinking about putting some in my next Swanson's order as they have a nice line of seasonings.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi scottyc33,

On the prior page I mentioned how I've been feeling better to Espio. Well, it's pretty much that but in reverse. The easiest way to say it is I don't feel nearly as well. Also, to add is that I have always had a bright red chest when I get out of a warm shower. Not anymore. I use to have to take circumin or other powerful anti inflammatories but just in the past few days the redness after I get out of the shower is hardly there at all. I don't think this is coincidence.

With that said, my symptoms will be very much different from another person who is gluten sensitive. This is a good place for information regarding symptoms

http://ezinearticles.com/?Gluten-Intolerance-Symptoms---How-Do-You-Know-If-Gluten-Is-Making-You-Sick?&id=479404

Here is a quote

"Research shows that gluten sensitivity in some form, including celiac disease and mild gluten intolerance, affects approximately 15% of the US population."
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Here is some interesting info

"The fact is that corn is the fourth food- along with gluten (wheat, barley, rye), dairy (casein) and soy- that can damage the villi of the small intestine and cause them to atrophy."

"Finally, corn is now being closely studied for its damaging neurological effects, especially in the autistic individual. Once again, certain lectins are capable of killing neurons. We know that gluten can do this in sensitized individuals so we really should not be surprised that corn lectins can do the same thing. High fructose corn syrup is also a neurotoxin. Soy also does this, aided by the neurotoxic amounts of the amino acid glutamate (the parent protein in MSG/monosodium glutamate) and staggering levels of estrogen it contains. Here is a link to some recent studies on the effects of corn on brain function-" http://wurtmanlab.mit.edu/publications/pdf/171.pdf

http://www.dogtorj.net/id110.html
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:55 pm

is there something better than white rice to eat as a staple food? White rice would be bad for my blood sugar

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:14 pm

There is brown rice and also buckwheat.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 pm

what about plain potatoes? Or yams ?That's both gluten free...
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:10 am

I'm definitely no expert here but if I'm not mistaken potatoes aren't the greatest on insulin. Sweet potatoes are fine and so are yams but not sure if you could make it a staple of your diet.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:23 am

I stick with brown rice and just bought a pound of buckwheat flour to experiment with. Most of your carbs should come from veggies and fruit though.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:44 am

hapyman wrote:I stick with brown rice and just bought a pound of buckwheat flour to experiment with. Most of your carbs should come from veggies and fruit though.

Eating veggies is hard when your hypothyroid, since most of them slow it down. The only veggies I can regularly eat as a staple are cellery, okra, and green beans. And fruit is bad for insulin also.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:11 am

I've been eating a lot of sprouts of late with my own homemade dressing and it doesn't slow me down at all.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:56 pm

Problem guys is ,that for those of us that are thin or underweight ,we need a good amount of carbs everyday.I've noticed that whenever I m just fed on fruits and veggies as my main source of carbs and excluding any pasta,wheat,bread I can't keep on weight by no means.It's really hard to keep on going without a rich variety of carbs like at least oat,rye,corn.
On the long run it gets really frustrating...
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:25 am

edony- i also find it hard to survive on just fruits and veges for carbs, what do you eat other than oats, rye and corn for carbs? How to you prepare/eat your oats? Are simple porridge oats good enough?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4