Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss

+16
Gibson
Prague
Warren
MMAfighter
gbp2000
lund
jksl
Petch
lukso
Amaranthaceae
opeth88
kijumn
Misirlou
Espio
curt504
CausticSymmetry
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss

Post  Petch Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:11 am

How do you know if you get enough Iodine in your diet? and what foods do you find Iodine in?
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:21 am

Petch - If you eat a lot of seaweed that is one way to get a healthy amount of iodine in the diet.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:18 am

CausticSymmetry,

How much lugol's do you take per day?

Thanks
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:49 am

jdp710 - I'm pretty casual about my iodine intake. On most days I'll squirt 6 to 8 drops indiscriminately in my water. Sometimes more. On some days I'll forget and not take any at all. Over all I'm averaging close to 50 milligrams per day.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 am

Forgot to mention, I use the 5% variety.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks CausticSymmetry.

I don't mean to spam but here is an interesting quote from Dr. Schachter's article

"One patient who I’ve been following for episodes of depression for a few years had developed significant hair loss for several months, which was unresponsive to thyroid hormone supplementation, biotin, extra protein and other measures that I usually recommend for hair loss. On a dosage of 37.5 mg of iodine for 6 weeks, this condition completely cleared and also helped to stabilize her mood."

http://www.mbschachter.com/iodine.htm

And more interesting quotes if MPB is related to fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue

"Iodine has many non-endocrine biologic effects, including the role it plays in the physiology of the inflammatory response. Iodides increase the movement of granulocytes into areas of inflammation and improve the phagocytosis of bacteria by granulocytes and the ability of granulocytes to kill bacteria"

"symptoms of fibromyalgia resolve"

" Iodine kills single celled organisms by combining with the amino acids tyrosine or histidine when they are exposed to the extra-cellular environment. All single cells showing tyrosine on their outer cell membranes are killed instantly by a simple chemical reaction with iodine that denatures proteins"

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8922778/Iodine
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:38 pm

jdp710 - Thanks for the links. The fact that optimal levels of iodine protect against DNA oxidative damage, help normalize blood sugar and protect against inflammation and diseases of hypercoagulation is hard to ignore.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Is there iodine in seanol-F? I have a bottle of ecklonia cava, but haven't opened the bottle yet. I won't try it until i finish the maca that i have.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:33 pm

jksl - There is no iodine in it. There is iodine in the seaweed that it comes from, but not in the extract product itself.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey CausticSymmetry,

I was wondering if you know the safety of using over 50 mg of lugol's per day? I'm aware of that one place in Japan that has been mentioned to consume 100 mg per day but I haven't been able to find how safe it is beyond 50 mg or if it would even make a difference. The reason why I ask is because of this study:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Arteriosclerosis. Over 30 years ago, two ophthalmologists observed that a combination tablet called "Iodo-niacin" (iodide 120 milligrams, niacin 15 milligrams) taken for several months could actually reverse atherosclerotic clogging of arteries. They proved this effect by taking pictures of clogged arteries in the backs of the eyes (retinal photomicrographs) before and after treatment. The published photographs showed a significant lessening of the cholesterol-laden artery clogging in the "after" pictures. [14] True to cause, no follow-up study has ever been published (probably because niacin and iodide aren't patentable). Recommended is 1 to 2 drops of SSKI or Lugol's and niacin-containing B-complex daily (along with essential fatty acids or fish oil) for anyone with significant cholesterol-related atherosclerotic clogging. Thyroid function must be monitored!"

http://www.iodine4health.com/overviews/uses/panam_uses.htm

Thanks again for your input.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm

The link didn't work, but that's okay I have seen this before written by Jonathan V. Wright. Here's a quote from him:

"When I was a pre-med student at Harvard University, the famous chemistry professor Louis Feiser made a point of demonstrating to all the pre-medical students that iodine and iodide would make oils, fats, and waxes (cholesterol is actually a wax) more soluble in water. He urged us to remember this in our medical practices, as he was sure it wouldn't be taught in medical school (he was right!). This known action of iodide likely explains why SSKI can be useful in the next two applications.

Over 30 years ago, two ophthalmologists observed that a combination tablet called "Iodo-niacin" (iodide 120 milligrams, niacin 15 milligrams) taken for several months could actually reverse atherosclerotic clogging of arteries. They proved this effect by taking pictures of clogged arteries in the backs of the eyes ("retinal photomicrographs") before and after treatment. The published photographs showed a significant lessening of the cholesterol-laden artery clogging in the "after" pictures.

Amazingly enough, no follow-up study has ever been published (probably because niacin and iodide aren't patentable). Despite this, the published pictures speak clearly for themselves. I recommend 4 to 6 drops of SSKI and niacin-containing B-complex daily (along with many other things) for anyone with significant cholesterol-related atherosclerotic clogging. Thyroid function must be monitored!"

When you buy SSKI, each drop is about 20 milligrams of iodide, so it's pretty easy to get a whopping dose of this. I prefer to just stick with Lugol's since it's both iodine and iodide. 50 milligrams of Lugol's or less will also help clear out artery plaque.

There's been quite a lot written about clogged arteries and cholesterol what is known today makes it less of a concern if inflammation and free radicals are under control. One fact that is little known to conventional physicians is that high cholesterol is caused from either heavy metals, low testosterone or low thyroid via low iodine levels. And only the oxidation of cholesterol is when it can be "bad." Starch & sugar is the real cause of atherosclerosis + manufactured fats (transesterified fats, trans-fats, and processed vegetable oils).

Magnesium orotate actually clears out arteries as well. Another thing discussed on these boards that help clear arteries is serrapeptase. I've heard of at least one doctor who would tests his patients before and after enzyme therapy and sure enough those arteries would clear.

Back to iodine, here's a code from: http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-12/IOD_12.htm

"Gaby mentioned the "safe upper limit" of 1 mg/day, established by the WHO. As previously mentioned, prior to World War II, U.S. physicians used routinely 12.5 to 37.5 mg elemental iodine daily for iodine supplementation (1). Based on a review of the literature we previously proposed a daily intake of 12.5 mg elemental iodine for whole body sufficiency (12). However, based on the loading test, as much as four times that amount is required to achieve whole body sufficiency for iodine in some individuals (1,2). The greater demand for iodine may be due to the goitrogen load in these subjects. Large numbers of pulmonary patients were treated safely for years with daily amounts of potassium iodide 2 to 3 orders of magnitude greater than 1 mg. Fradkin and Wolff (17) commented on the safety of relatively large doses of potassium iodide:

Although there are scattered case reports of IIT (iodide-induced thyrotoxicosis) after the use of KI, these must be considered in the light of over 108 tablets of KI prescribed annually in this country. Reports of experience with KI (1.6-6.4 g/day) in large series of pulmonary patients revealed no hyperthyroidism in 2404 and 502 patients."

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:25 pm

There are many diehards on curezone that regularly take more than 100mg every day. Not everyone does it, but there are ppl out there pushing the dosage every month out.

jdp710 wrote:Hey CausticSymmetry,

I was wondering if you know the safety of using over 50 mg of lugol's per day? I'm aware of that one place in Japan that has been mentioned to consume 100 mg per day but I haven't been able to find how safe it is beyond 50 mg or if it would even make a difference. The reason why I ask is because of this study:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Arteriosclerosis. Over 30 years ago, two ophthalmologists observed that a combination tablet called "Iodo-niacin" (iodide 120 milligrams, niacin 15 milligrams) taken for several months could actually reverse atherosclerotic clogging of arteries. They proved this effect by taking pictures of clogged arteries in the backs of the eyes (retinal photomicrographs) before and after treatment. The published photographs showed a significant lessening of the cholesterol-laden artery clogging in the "after" pictures. [14] True to cause, no follow-up study has ever been published (probably because niacin and iodide aren't patentable). Recommended is 1 to 2 drops of SSKI or Lugol's and niacin-containing B-complex daily (along with essential fatty acids or fish oil) for anyone with significant cholesterol-related atherosclerotic clogging. Thyroid function must be monitored!"

http://www.iodine4health.com/overviews/uses/panam_uses.htm

Thanks again for your input.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:56 am

I'm not too quick on the uptake and the studies sometimes go over my head, but is the general consensus that diffuse thinning is a different beast from recession, at least earlier in life and people like myself in fact suffer from two conditions on our scalp?

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:40 am

Found this today,

http://www.jacn.org/cgi/content/abstract/25/1/1
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:41 am

Thanks for the info CausticSymmetry and lund. Curezone looks like the place for very good information.

Here is a good quote "my point is that of the 300mg of lugols i was taking, 120mg of it was I2, the elemental form of iodine. i have seen people take a gram of KI and not bat an eye. thats 750mg of iodine. so it was not the KI portion of the lugols that was causing me to get jittery and feel rather stressed out. it was, in fact, the enormous dose of 120mg of I2. i could handle 300mg dose of lugols, but more was just too much"

"this explains why vit C supplementation is the key to correcting uptake of iodine in the body. vit C reduces iodine to iodide! problem solved."

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1403313

Well, this is the 3rd day on taking more than 100 mg of lugol's with some Nascent Iodine and I feel like a teenager again with all these damn pimples, lol. This was after taking lugol's, "I'm guessing" a little less than 12.5 mg of iodine, for 1 1/2 years.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  curt504 Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 am

JDP710 / CS,

Here's an iodine protocol that starts out at much lower doses and gradually builds up to a therapeutic or baseline dose your advisers recommend.

http://breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html

Recommended starting dose for iodoral is 12.5 mg. 100mg levels is what I've seen for breast cancer patients on the Physicians Iodine conference 2007 after a build up period.

The most conservative of the practitioners at the 2007 Iodine conference started with liver cleansing prior to iodine supplementation so that the heavy metals, bromide and fluoride that are turned loose by iodine can be efficiently removed from the body. From my reading and Dr's advice some folks will have an initial flash of toxic symptoms starting iodine. Starting out at high doses has high risk in my reading. 100mg seems way too high.

I've heard of folks getting bromide pimples while on iodine.

http://curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=931178

You might drop your iodine levels to much lower levels for several months to allow your stored toxics to pass out of your body for your health as well as your hair.

Most of the Dr's talks at the Iodine conference used chelation protocols in parallel with iodine supplementation. The breastcancerchoices.org link above lists a salt water flushing to help speed the ridding of bromide.

Other chelation agents are: vitamin C, glutahione, Lipoic Acid (ALA).

On a positive note I can add that I've heard that Dr. Flechas (an iodine Dr) said to a patient that iodine is often associated with hair growth. I personally would like to hear about more research or anecdotal feed back about iodine in a topical and at what concentrations.

Curt

curt504

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks jdp710 & curt504
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:06 pm

If anyone is curious I can confirm that 300 mg of "iodide" doesn't kill you right away, lol.

Seriously though, I actually feel really good and "very" content with almost no detox symptoms. My skin looks "very" good, kinda like how it looks when taking a lot of hyaluronic acid and collagen supplements and it looks like my mild rosacea is "A LOT" better. When I take a warm shower, my body gets a little red but with these large doses of iodide, the redness on my body is almost nonexistent and my face is noticeably less red.

Anyway, what I did was I took some nascent iodine for it's iodine and then I took lugol's three times today on an empty stomach in a glass of water. To convert the iodine in Lugol's, as I'm looking for large doses of iodide and small doses of iodine, I took just a pinch of powderd Vitamin C and put it in the water which turns the Lugol's 100% clear and then I take the nascent iodine at a different time for the iodine.

I'll keep everyone updated if these results last but again, the most noticeable thing about taking very large doses of "iodide" is that you are not bothered by stress one bit. Also, I know it's only been one day on 300 mg but large doses of iodide and smaller doses of iodine is a completely different animal than just taking just large doses of 100 mg of lugol's.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  MMAfighter Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi all

Does eggs raises bad cholesterol? Thanks for answer.

MMAfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm

MMAfighter wrote:Hi all

Does eggs raises bad cholesterol? Thanks for answer.

MMAfighter - Contrary to what was once believed and is still thought by many, eggs do not increase cholesterol.

This all started when the Cereal Institute of America financed a study using dehydrated egg yolk powder (not real eggs). The process of dehydration oxidizes it, completely changing its effects on the body.

I've never been a fan of mainstream media and here's a cover that
terrified a lot of people. This was March 26, 1984

Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss - Page 2 11018410
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Most processed foods that state on their label, "Cholesterol free food" actually increase cholesterol in the body.

Starch, sugar and refined grains raise cholesterol, yet foods that contain cholesterol generally have a very negligible effect on cholesterol levels. Besides that, the liver manufactures 80% of our cholesterol. But in any case only oxidized cholesterol is bad. Death increases when cholesterol counts drop below 200.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MMAfighter Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:46 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

MMAfighter - Contrary to what was once believed and is still thought by many, eggs do not increase cholesterol.

This all started when the Cereal Institute of America financed a study using dehydrated egg yolk powder (not real eggs). The process of dehydration oxidizes it, completely changing its effects on the body.

Thanks CS for your answer, i have been thinking yourself the it will some advertising by over harmfulness egg. For example, my friend start Atkinson diet and he ate lot of eggs, butter, olive oil..... after month he went on blood test and he had raises HDL and reduced LDL. He ate a lot saturated fats and cholesterol.

MMAfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Most processed foods that state on their label, "Cholesterol free food" actually increase cholesterol in the body.

Starch, sugar and refined grains raise cholesterol, yet foods that contain cholesterol generally have a very negligible effect on cholesterol levels. Besides that, the liver manufactures 80% of our cholesterol. But in any case only oxidized cholesterol is bad. Death increases when cholesterol counts drop below 200.

CS, I've never heard of this before, can you point out some links so I can learn more about this? Thanks

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:58 am

Espio - Here's a great link on cholesterol information.

http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm

The reason refined grains, starch and sugar can adversely affect a cholesterol profile is because when insulin is raised
due to a glucose spike (this occurs during that tired feeling after a meal) this forms triglycerides and when there is excess triglycerides in the blood, the amount of HDL (good cholesterol as they called it) shuttles the those blood fats back into the liver, effectively reducing the amount of HDL, and while that action increases the LDL, the free radical effect from glucose combustion can oxidize cholesterol in a manner similar to how a fried food or rancid fat can.

In the case of cholesterol, when fractionated off as LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein & HDL High Density Lipoprotein), these are actually protein molecules. These particles do not become a problem unless they are oxided or effected by free-radicals.

Another matter that really trumps of the issue of cholesterol is glycation. The process of glycation or cross linking of simple sugar molecules such as fructose or glucose become attached to proteins or fats and this is basically a rapid way for collagen to harden, such as in atherosclerosis.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MMAfighter Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:53 pm

OBJECTIVE: Several different epidemiological studies have examined the association between the consumption of tea and coronary heart disease. Some, though not all, support the view that tea or flavonoids reduce the risk of cardiovascular heart disease. The aim of this study was to determine the short-to medium-term effect of a green tea extract on vascular function and lipid peroxidation as compared with placebo. METHODS: The study was undertaken with 14 healthy women, none of whom were receiving any medical treatment. Measurements were made of antibodies and immune complexes by ELISA, endothelial dependent vascular function by Doppler ultrasound, and the concentration of oxidized LDL by TBARS. RESULTS: The mean diameter of the brachial artery following the post-compression hyperaemia phase rose significantly (p < 0.0001) after treatment with green tea extract. Flow-mediated brachial artery vasodilation ranged from 5.68% for the placebo phase to 11.98% after the green tea extract (p = 0.02). The consumption of green tea extract was associated with a significant 37.4% reduction in the concentration of oxidized LDL (TBARS) (p = 0.017). The levels of anti-oxidized LDL IgM antibodies fell significantly after treatment (p = 0.002). CONCLUSION: This study found that consumption of green tea extract by women for five weeks produced modifications in vascular function and an important decrease in serum oxidizability.

Here is link to fulltext: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18689551

MMAfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next