Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT?

+2
Espio
jasonshadow
6 posters

Go down

Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? Empty Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT?

Post  jasonshadow Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:19 pm

If hair loss is caused by something other than DHT (adrenal, insulin, thyroid, etc) than why the pattern. It makes sense that the hair on the sides and back are resistant to DHT but the horseshoe area are sensative DHT-thus male pattern baldness. If the other things you mention such as insulin and so forth are contributing to hair loss than why is hair on the sides and back so thick?

jasonshadow

Back to top Go down

Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? Empty Re: Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT?

Post  Espio Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Because many things influence your sex hormones, including insulin. For example, eating sugar causes SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) levels to drop. The lower your SHBG levels are, the less SHBG there is to bind with the free testosterone in your bloodstream, so the free testosterone remains free and can do damage to your hair. I'm sure other people can think of more examples but that's just one. Thyroid problems would cause a diffuse hairloss rather than male pattern, however.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT? Empty Re: Why the pattern if hair loss is caused by something other than DHT?

Post  Paradox Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:43 pm

It's not caused by something else, at least not directly. I think the aim of the natural method is to reduce the inflammation that the autoimmune response generates as a result to a genetic predisposition to hair follicle sensitivity to DHT. If you want to label something as the root cause of this horridness, then it would be your genes not DHT.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonshadow Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:54 pm

I understand all of that, but if inflamation is causing hair loss why isn't it causing hair loss everywhere? Why in specific areas?

jasonshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Because the inflammation only affects places were you have that "sensibility" to DHT,only that parts of hair are affected with DHT,and make hair get more thin and then fall out.Because it´s genetic,it´s just that!
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:43 pm

Inflammation just make things worse Rolling Eyes
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:02 am

jasonshadow - Why the pattern?

Every time I go to the movies, I can see plenty of bald men in front of me. Of the ones with the most aggressive balding, there is a glossy shine to their bald areas. This is rich in sebum.

The location of the sebaceous glands in the scalp probably has a lot to do with this. When DHT levels increase for various reasons, sebum production increases--in those specific areas where sebum is produced.

There is a theory and while it has not been proven without any doubt, I believe it has a lot of truth to it.

Malassezia, along with other types of inhabitants of our skin are lipid loving types of yeast, fungi and even demodex (mites). All of them secrete an enzyme (lipase type enzymes) to digest the sebum. The more sebum that is being produced, the greater in population these various organisms are.

As a consequence of these lipase enzymes (Phospholipase A2, for example), it releases an entire avalanche of liberation of arachidonic acid, which is the rate-limiting step in the production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes, which are powerful in the inflammation department.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 pm

IH,

If you believe this theory, how come you don't recommend any topical treatments to kill these organisms? If I remember correctly; in another thread you said that lasers would be the "topical" you recommend in addition to your internals. Are there no legit topical applications that you would suggest other than lasers? What about tea tree oil as an antifungal? To me it just seems like a waste to not throw anything on your head at all and ignore that angle completely.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:25 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
As a consequence of these lipase enzymes (Phospholipase A2, for example), it releases an entire avalanche of liberation of arachidonic acid, which is the rate-limiting step in the production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes, which are powerful in the inflammation department.

This is where Ecklonia Cava, Niacinamide & Sensoril come into play? Any other supps in the regime Phospholipase A2 inhibitors?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:30 pm

JHarsh80 - EC (Ecklonia Cava) is a potent Phospholipase A2 inhibitor.

Lithium is a very powerful topical inhibitor of Malassezia yeasts.

Almost everything in the regimen has an antimicrobial effect. Fungus and yeasts are responsible for all kinds of inflammation.

Part of the mechanism behind many of these supplements is usually either antimicrobial or has metal chelating action.
Of course there is much more to it.

Balancing out prostaglandins is another important factor--that's were essential fatty acids come in.

Candida is the ultimate monster (creator) of negative fungus/yeast influences with respect to steroid balance. A lot of what happens in the gut or gastrointestinal tract will result in outward appearance.

topicals can only go so far. Lasers in theory are probably the most effective "topical," but getting at the causative agent is very crucial for overall success.

This approach towards hair loss is strong weighed towards internals, since the endothelium has to be repaired in regards to prefibrosis and fribrosis conditions, regulating internal hormones, binding metals, increasing defenses against free-radicals, etc.

Like Joejoebaggins just mentioned, these are geared against Phospholipase A2.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Joejoebaggins - Yes, there are many others, but in terms of safety and potency is the real trick. Of course, I should always mention that cortisol and neuropeptides account for other mechanisms or pronounced hair loss.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 pm

I'm not sure how well Tea Tree Oil compares with Lavender and Licorice root which definitely have an effect on PLA2 activity.

I do know that all three have an effect on androgen receptor topically.

Take special note though, that both Lavender and Tea tree oil have been found to cause gynecomastia, so be careful not to get on the chest.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down