Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  SonofOdin Tue May 05, 2015 1:00 am

focuspoint wrote:Let's summarize what we have.

As a starting point, we have one very dubios study from 2012.

Here is the link: http://omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.pdf
Even the phone number appears in a completely unrelated "paper": http://omicsonline.org/giant-cutaneous-horn-in-afro-brazilian-descendent-patient-case-report-and-literature-review-2155-9554.1000137.php?aid=3474

One supposedly from Hong Kong, the other from Brazil...

It is most certainly a fake paper!

Then we have some people here who claim that DT works. However, they never provide evidence. At the most, low-res worthless pics showing nothing. They don't even provide a video demonstrating their approach. Just hollow propositions.

And then we have lots of people who are honest and diligent in their approach and eperienced no improvement at all.

Sounds like you should quit DT.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  focuspoint Tue May 05, 2015 1:28 am

Why?

I am only 2 months in. DT is only a very small part of my regimen.

focuspoint

Back to top Go down

Post  RAptor Tue May 05, 2015 3:14 am

focuspoint wrote:Has anyone managed to really pinch the top part of the scalp?

I don't get it. It is just not possible for me.

Me neither, you should supposedly somehow massage it in order for the area to be pincheable.
RAptor
RAptor

http://www.echolocationweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue May 05, 2015 3:20 am

I was not able to pinch it at first, but over time I am able with two hands.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue May 05, 2015 4:19 am

focuspoint wrote:Why?

I am only 2 months in. DT is only a very small part of my regimen.

You gave no reason to continue DT in your previous post, and every reason to quit, so that is why. Better to save yourself time, especially if you probably won't stick to it. It may seem like a small part of your regimen but it is actually really time consuming. You're spending at minimum 20 hours a month. But, up to you. My whole point is its not easy to stick to something as labor intensive as this that you don't even necessarily have faith in.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  focuspoint Tue May 05, 2015 5:03 am

Well, I merely pointed out that the DT study seems to be fake. And, that those who claim regrowth, fall short in providing evidence.

However, I think massaging the scalp is beneficial. It improves blood flow.

focuspoint

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue May 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Reposition, repeat, all directions, over all problem areas

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 Plant10

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 Pinch10

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 Crunch10

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 Blood10

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 Push10

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  focuspoint Wed May 06, 2015 3:22 am

Thanks!

Let's say DT works. I think the key to regrowth is loosening up / flattening the topmost part of the scalp.

focuspoint

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Wed May 06, 2015 4:16 am

Nah, for me my vertex is so loose it has always felt like a waste of time to pinch. This is even before DT. Oddly enough my vertex hasn't lost a lot of hair... like, I was a NW4 purely out of super aggressive frontal hair loss.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  RAptor Wed May 06, 2015 4:20 am

drex1999 wrote:Reposition, repeat, all directions, over all problem areas

thx Drex, hows it going btw, are you still seeing results? any chance of a progress pic?
RAptor
RAptor

http://www.echolocationweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed May 06, 2015 6:09 am

BE-COOL wrote:Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 Wooden%20massage853

The scalp feels great and loose, will report back if I get any visible results.

I purchased one of these and they're excellent. With some moderate pressure you can really get the scalp moving about... doing DT with the fingers easy enough going front to back in a line, but going perpendicular to that is tricky, for me at least. I foudn that massage going in the perpendicular direction has found plenty of spots of my scalp that are painfully tight (sure enough, the balding parts)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Fri May 08, 2015 7:13 am

This is my opinion: Nice marketing strategy. Use another trendy stuff (DT) to send trafic to your blog with the so called "proof pics". Send people to a link selling an ebook.

I would rather stick to minoxidil and save my fingers from atrophy (lol at how fucked your fingers will be in 10 years from now by doing this daily).

PS: I do massage my scalp on the shower, slowly, but not with the severe dedication some of the guys here do it.

Last edited by NW0 on Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri May 08, 2015 7:23 am

NW0, you ever hear of rock climbers? Stop throwing out bullshit before you can back it up.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Fri May 08, 2015 9:13 am

Growdamnit wrote:NW0, you ever hear of rock climbers? Stop throwing out bullshit before you can back it up.
What bullshit?

http://jdmoyer.com/2015/04/13/hair/
The Perfect Hair Health Site and eBook

Rob’s site is PerfectHairHealth.com. He’s currently selling the Perfect Hair Health eBook + video on a sliding scale, pay-what-you-like basis, with a recommended price of $30. If you’re willing to invest the time and effort in the head massage technique, this seems perfectly reasonable. It’s equivalent to about a month-and-a-half’s supply of Rogaine

It's just my opinion. I said "I THINK".
Again, I would rather use minoxidil as the main vasodilatation, blood flow improvement, and have good ol masages on my shower, and not expect miracles from "DT".

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun May 10, 2015 8:50 am

Does anyone have the original link where "massager" ordered his bian stones? One of mine broke

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Sun May 10, 2015 9:10 am

Over stimulating the skin causes callosity (hardening) ..

Ex. barefoot walking, finger tips with guitar playing.

Which is why aspirin or salicylic acid is recommended as a topical since it's keratolytic.

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun May 10, 2015 10:15 am

Has anyone noticed a hardening of scalp skin because of DT?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun May 10, 2015 1:36 pm

The complete opposite.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Denied Tue May 12, 2015 7:44 am

May 11, 2015
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 30 2_month_mark

What happened last month:

1. Consistently doing DT 2x daily 20 min sessions.
2. Ditched the baking soda shampoo as it was doing more damage to the hair. Now just washing hair with diluted apple cider vinegar.
3. Scaled back on the olive oil to 1x a week because 2x a week was making my hair too greasy. Also added tea tree oil to the mix.
4. Got a hair analysis done.
5. Got a mini trampoline.

Photos clearly show that the hair loss is progressing. Under normal light it's not as noticeable as in the photos. At this rate I probably have 3 - 4 months before I'll have to shave my head. Not really surprised seeing as I loose around 30 hairs with each DT sessions (and yes I count! LOL. Gotta keep myself entertained for 20 minutes while I do DT). I haven't experienced any crazy sheds like other people have reported, instead the hair loss has been steady. So obviously I haven't seen any visible results from DT (not expecting any until at least month 5) but I will say that my scalp feels better and is definitely more loose then when I started 2 months ago.

I got a hair analysis done by Analytical Research Labs. Test showed a slightly overactive thyroid and an exhausted adrenal gland. I'm also very low on sodium, iron, copper, manganese, and selenium. What's even more troubling is my ratio of sodium to potassium which is .86 while the norm should be 2.5. According to the report my ratio means that my body is in a state of "chronic physical degeneration". Great. This is what the report said specifically about hair loss - "sodium-to-potassium ratio on a tissue mineral test below 2.5:1 is indicative of protein breakdown. Potassium is released from cells, causing the potassium level to rise relative to sodium. Since hair is a protein structure, excessive protein breakdown can cause hair loss." And then there was a blurb about copper - "Copper imbalance often leads to lackluster hair and hair loss." I'm not a scientist so I don't know if all of the above is true but I definitely have to work on balancing my mineral levels.

I put the bit about the trampoline because I see some people mention the lymphatic system on this board. I got the trampoline because it is more effective then running not because I thought it may help with the hair loss. Still I wanted to mention it just in case.

That's all I got for now.

Denied

Mongrel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue May 12, 2015 8:29 am

Thanks for keeping us updated, Denied. I don't know much about about blood tests and hair analyses but as far as DT goes try wetting your scalp with warm-hot water to loosen things up prior to massaging. This should reduce hair-pull to a minimum.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Denied Tue May 12, 2015 9:18 am

I'll try using hot water and see if it helps.

One thing I forgot to mention is that if I look real close at the front of my head I can see a bunch of tiny, almost clear hair, that cover all of the bald spots. I'm sure the top of my head is like that too but I can't confirm. It would be awesome if these hairs started growing.

Denied

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed May 13, 2015 1:39 am

We all have those tiny vellus hairs. The problem is getting them to grow. I'm pretty far along into DT and am starting to think it is a bunch of bullshit in my case.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue May 19, 2015 2:45 pm

I don't believe this is the cure in my case. Have been at it for a while now and my hairline is at an all time low.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed May 20, 2015 10:27 am

Growdamnit wrote:I don't believe this is the cure in my case. Have been at it for a while now and my hairline is at an all time low.

Ill give it another month, end up june. If there's no results to show, I'm pretty much done with dt. Hopefully, follicept is my savior.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed May 20, 2015 12:25 pm

Follicept? I got a weird PM about that shit.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next