Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:31 am

CaptainGiggles wrote:I'm a little over 9 months into it and have been going pretty hard at it for the past few weeks.

My hair hasn't looked this pathetic ever before. It's much worse than when I started and there is no sign of respite. I don't see anything magical happening at the 10 month mark at this rate.

I pinch and grab every inch of my scalp and move it around for half an hour everyday.

I've fucking had it with this shit. I come here every day hoping to see someone's progress, some concrete treatment, a glimmer of hope, anything, but fuck no, nothing. Whatever progress pics have been posted, lets be honest, are pretty ambiguous.

Hair loss is fucking unfair, I wouldn't wish this on my own worst enemy. I'm only 22 and I've been witnessing my appearance change for the worse everyday for the past 5 years. You people on here continue to bicker over nothing instead of working together, we're all batting for the same team here people.

I'm leaving this forum after completing 10 months on this therapy. Shit's gonna happen, but I promised everyone I'd document my progress. This is the very last straw.
As silly as it sounds, I wanted to change my picture to this after I experienced some regrwoth.
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 Tumblr_mb4vndIgIp1rcd9mjo2_1280

At this rate I don't see it happening.

That's just too bad. Okay, have a great life.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:32 am

Brabus wrote:I dont understand why people having results with Dt would photoshop their before and after pictures, lets be honest guys there is no benefit in convincing people to do the Dt therapy. In other words there is no money in this therapy.

So my guess is that the people telling that they have results, are not lying. PEACE

A person with a brain. Thank you.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:39 am

gorilla_power wrote:
rayl wrote:To complexx

I stopped focusing on the top because my top got so thin -hairwise- that I was afraid of developing traction alopecia. I think if you are constantly ripping out hair which in inevitable when doing dt then traction alopecia is possible. I am not saying that dt does not work , in the beginning I remember this so called build-up under the skin which I got rid of thanks to dt. Unfortunately my hairloss becomes more and  more agressive and dt did not help in my case to slow or reverse it .

Ask yourself ''if i was performing dt on my arms for 20 minutes everyday,would i develop hairless arm?''

Hair follicles are the same everywhere in your body.From your balls to your head.There is no difference .

Wow! Anotger person with a brain. This is exactly what I meant by waiting for your scalp to be lose, too. If you have MPB, I don't give a fuck WHO you are, if you do the Maliniak Massage or just loosen your scalp with this, your MPB will be cured (it will stop in it's tracks) and I really see no way you will experience "traction alopecia". There are studies to confirm it and enough anecdotal evidence on this forum alone. Just facts.

Last edited by Complexx on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:47 am

Keanoseg wrote:Happy new year peeps. Chimed in today read the pages, continuing as usual I guess. To adress the people who think I am ignoring something. It is very hard to take satisfying pictures with this camera. I am aware I am also not the best case to showcase the results, as the ideal combination would be more people who have more significant loss and who have a lot more megapixels to show what's really happening up there. So in light of the past few pages I decided to go for a buzzcut today. Went for 1 cm length on the entire scalp.

First picture is a high contrast picture showing the length of my hair. You can see a lot of skin through the hair as it's done with a 1 cm clipper.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2h8972g&s=8#.VKrlbXvFWM8

Next are pictures from the top perspective under the full room light.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j1my9s&s=8#.VKrlwHvFWM8   -  close up and full vertical angle

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mfhzfc&s=8#.VKrmaXvFWM8   -  further back and lower angle

If everyone is really that demanding, I'll even shave off the 1 cm and take bald pictures, but stop acting like anything and everything is up to me anymore in this thread ,lmao. If you're not happy with your life that's not my problem, and you should seek out help or work on balansing your neurotransmitter metabolism, I'm not even kidding. Cheerios.

Nice! Now that's what I'm talking about! Unfortunately though, this pic will be taken with a grain of salt by the "professional skeptics" on here. Keep trucking as always
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Ho Chi Minh Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:22 am

Complexx wrote:
gorilla_power wrote:

I stopped focusing on the top because my top got so thin -hairwise- that I was afraid of developing traction alopecia. I think if you are constantly ripping out hair which in inevitable when doing dt then traction alopecia is possible. I am not saying that dt does not work , in the beginning I remember this so called build-up under the skin which I got rid of thanks to dt. Unfortunately my hairloss becomes more and  more agressive and dt did not help in my case to slow or reverse it .

Ask yourself ''if i was performing dt on my arms for 20 minutes everyday,would i develop hairless arm?''

Hair follicles are the same everywhere in your body.From your balls to your head.There is no difference .

Wow! Anotger person with a brain. This is exactly what I meant by waiting for your scalp to be lose, too. If you have MPB, I don't give a fuck WHO you are, if you do the Maliniak Massage or just loosen your scalp with this, your MPB will be cured (it will stop in it's tracks) and I really see no way you will experience  "traction alopecia". There are studies to confirm it and enough anecdotal evidence on this forum alone. Just facts.

Dude, kean posted pics so why don't you provide us with some inspiration and upload some pics too?? Why care about skeptics views on your photos when you don't give a damn about what they think of your personal views in your posts? so if you don't give a damn about what they think of your views then why would you give a damn about some pics being scrutinized? you are aware that people are not going to stop asking you for pics, so why not just let them have them?? if I succeed in curing my baldness from this I'll upload without question and i wont care what the skeptics have to say. you claim all this stuff is working for you but wont upload any pics because you're afraid of a little criticism from all those "big bad skeptics"? yet you're not afraid of shooting the skeptics down in your posts. So you have no excuses dude. upload or simply stop shouting from the roof tops about how this is the cure.

Ho Chi Minh

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 am

Lorenzo wrote:
Complexx wrote:
gorilla_power wrote:

Wow! Anotger person with a brain. This is exactly what I meant by waiting for your scalp to be lose, too. If you have MPB, I don't give a fuck WHO you are, if you do the Maliniak Massage or just loosen your scalp with this, your MPB will be cured (it will stop in it's tracks) and I really see no way you will experience  "traction alopecia". There are studies to confirm it and enough anecdotal evidence on this forum alone. Just facts.

Dude, kean posted pics so why don't you provide us with some inspiration and upload some pics too?? Why care about skeptics views on your photos when you don't give a damn about what they think of your personal views in your posts?  so if you don't give a damn about what they think of your views then why would you give a damn about some pics being scrutinized? you are aware that people are not going to stop asking you for pics, so why not just let them have them?? if I succeed in curing my baldness from this I'll upload without question and i wont care what the skeptics have to say. you claim all this stuff is working for you but wont upload any pics because you're afraid of a little criticism from all those "big bad skeptics"? yet you're not afraid of shooting the skeptics down in your posts. So you have no excuses dude. upload or simply stop shouting from the roof tops about how this is the cure.

He won't, I think I know who he is lol

Buster, just think about it for a sec, have you seen anything that grows hair from a nw 2 to a nw 0 in 3 months? Sorry but I don't think its possible.

capitaingiggle, I feel you man, fk hair loss.

and complexxx, if you put up 100$ per video, ill def go through all that hassle of making a video, ill be an idiot not to take it, what do you say? I will wear a mask tho Smile

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Ho Chi Minh Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:29 am

boogv510 wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:
Complexx wrote:
gorilla_power wrote:

Dude, kean posted pics so why don't you provide us with some inspiration and upload some pics too?? Why care about skeptics views on your photos when you don't give a damn about what they think of your personal views in your posts?  so if you don't give a damn about what they think of your views then why would you give a damn about some pics being scrutinized? you are aware that people are not going to stop asking you for pics, so why not just let them have them?? if I succeed in curing my baldness from this I'll upload without question and i wont care what the skeptics have to say. you claim all this stuff is working for you but wont upload any pics because you're afraid of a little criticism from all those "big bad skeptics"? yet you're not afraid of shooting the skeptics down in your posts. So you have no excuses dude. upload or simply stop shouting from the roof tops about how this is the cure.

He won't, I think I know who he is lol

Buster, just think about it for a sec, have you seen anything that grows hair from a nw 2 to a nw 0 in 3 months? Sorry but I don't think its possible

capitaingiggle, I feel you man, fk hair loss.

dude, he might come under criticism for his pics but i don't understand his logic..... the dude has no problems constantly arguing with the critics about the validity of this therapy and how much it works for him but has problems about uploading his pics and arguing about their validity with the critics..... he doesn't even have to argue with the critics about his pics. they simply believe they're real or not. he has zero excuses. the more he remains reluctant about uploading, the more suspicion is cast on him and the therapy itself. if dudes like buster and kean are real, then complexx elusive behavior is making them guilty by association even if they are being honest. yea so if he can stand by his words then he can stand by his pictures.

Ho Chi Minh

Back to top Go down

Post  chubbfrank Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:31 am

I was with a female friend last night and I felt her scalp. Wow, was it loose and thin.

To me this further illustrates the changes that occur in male scalps and the need to keep it from getting tight

chubbfrank

Back to top Go down

Post  Ho Chi Minh Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:10 am

chubbfrank wrote:I was with a female friend last night and I felt her scalp. Wow, was it loose and thin.

To me this further illustrates the changes that occur in male scalps and the need to keep it from getting tight

dude, these ideas might be correct (i hope they are) but you gotta be careful with this stuff and make sure it is the cure or might cause an even shittier situation and cause desperate kids to become more depressed and suicidal. look at captain giggles posts back there and see how desperate and messed up he seems from his baldness getting worse. he only 22 too dude.... an age were image is everything.just sayin i wouldnt want someones suicide on my head..... Giggles hang in there dude. dont lose hope.

Ho Chi Minh

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:13 am

Lorenzo wrote:
chubbfrank wrote:I was with a female friend last night and I felt her scalp. Wow, was it loose and thin.

dude, these ideas might be correct (i hope they are) but you gotta be careful with this stuff and make sure it is the cure or might cause an even shittier situation and cause desperate kids to become more depressed and suicidal. look at captain giggles posts back there and see how desperate and messed up he seems from his baldness getting worse. he only 22 too dude.... an age were image is everything.just sayin i wouldnt want someones suicide on my head..... Giggles hang in there dude. dont lose hope.  

Kean has already explained why none of this can make your hair loss worse. It's mostly common sense to a person who has been researching MPB for a while. But I agree, he should hang in there. I think I owr him an apology for my last comment on the count that it was so vague and nay have came across as me being rude. I will adress this later.

He may be going through a bad shed, he will be okay. It was painful for me too. He has to realize that even If this doesn't work (you already know how I feel about the effectiveness of this), life goes on. There is plenty of other stuff to improve on. Work out and grow a beard if you can. Get s good job or get into trading and make some money. Stop thinking about hair loss so much and you will be surprised at just how smooth things will be going in terms of MPB progress. It's kind of like when you're looking for something and you only find it after you "let it go" and find it by surprise.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:23 am

Complexx wrote:
Slimnuts wrote:I do think this works for some people. Probably best for receders that don't have super greasy diffuse balding scalps. They probably already have good blood vessel networks in the rest of their scalps which would allow for quicker development of new vessels in the receded areas. Whereas I think diffusers probably have major blood vessel degeneration throughout the scalp as well as probably some sort of major internal issues compounding the problem.

My hair is thin, brittle, yet greasy all over and my scalp is covered in dermatitis. I think this points to more problems than just a tight scalp. Mine really isn't that tight. On the other hand the girl I'm seeing has a super thin scalp with seemingly no fatty tissue and yet has a beautiful head of shiny hair.

This is just straight up speculation bro, sorry to say. Unless your head is blue, your arteries and blood vessels should be straight. Diffuse tthinning has more to do with lack of certain hormones or a REALLY tight scalp. I would get some testing done to see just how tight your scalp is. Diffuse thinners, in theory, should be the "easier cases"

I don't know about that. Some diffusers, myself being one of them actually diffuse over their entire scalps, even the horseshoe area. You see NW7's out there like that where even their horseshoe is thin and sparse. Something really major is going on in these cases because those are not the areas of tight scalp. Some bodily process has gone completely haywire I would imagine. So yeah probably a major hormonal issue among other things.

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  Ho Chi Minh Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:33 am

complex dude, just saying.... not meaning to vilify you or anyone. it might work but you said that sheds are normal from this so just sayin some guys hair shedded like giggles and stayed that way. ok yea so he did it for 9 months but what happens if shit gets worse and we all been doin it right after 2 years??? you see why you uploading pics could help inspire us dude? its like i said you got no probs debating with critics over the therapy so why have a problem with them criticizing your pics? kean doesnt care about them so why should you? you say you got all this progress and this is the cure so we would appreciate your uploads.... srsly man at least have the balls like kean to upload. forget skeptics.... only matters to dedicated volunteers.

Ho Chi Minh

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:38 am

Slimnuts wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Slimnuts wrote:I do think this works for some people. Probably best for receders that don't have super greasy diffuse balding scalps. They probably already have good blood vessel networks in the rest of their scalps which would allow for quicker development of new vessels in the receded areas. Whereas I think diffusers probably have major blood vessel degeneration throughout the scalp as well as probably some sort of major internal issues compounding the problem.

My hair is thin, brittle, yet greasy all over and my scalp is covered in dermatitis. I think this points to more problems than just a tight scalp. Mine really isn't that tight. On the other hand the girl I'm seeing has a super thin scalp with seemingly no fatty tissue and yet has a beautiful head of shiny hair.

This is just straight up speculation bro, sorry to say. Unless your head is blue, your arteries and blood vessels should be straight. Diffuse tthinning has more to do with lack of certain hormones or a REALLY tight scalp. I would get some testing done to see just how tight your scalp is. Diffuse thinners, in theory, should be the "easier cases"

I don't know about that. Some diffusers, myself being one of them actually diffuse over their entire scalps, even the horseshoe area. You see NW7's out there like that where even their horseshoe is thin and sparse. Something really major is going on in these cases because those are not the areas of tight scalp. Some bodily process has gone completely haywire I would imagine. So yeah probably a major hormonal issue among other things.

Well all I can say is this.. My mother has a very tight, thin scalp and she has very fine hair (she has very bad posture....) but no baldness. She has had this bad posture since a young child, so I can only assume & imagine that her scalp has been like this for quite some time. She also experienced some hair losd after having me. I also had a tight ass scalp, even around the non- MPB areas, and my hair EVERYWHERE was starting to thin at one point. But I also had tight pelvic floor muscles and bad posture, which led to me having low T. I found that fixing my posture and taking MSM crystals really really worked for me and helped with my hair loss, besides DT and the Maliniak massage of course. I'm pretty sure I gavte seen others report the same after taking MSM &/or fixing their posture, but I'm just speaking for myself at the moment.

Oh and I also sort of had sparse eyebrows (thinner outter layer) some time after binge drinkin for a year and a half or so.... (befor hair loss, when I was like 19) I have literally been through it all.

With all of that being said, I highly recommend purchasing and using an LLLT or violet ray, doing inversions (this helped another diffuse thinner named Mastery) and dermarolling with a 1.5mm dermaroller once a week every week for the next few months (this will create new vascularity and "reconnect" your current/existing vasuclarity along with improving the strength of your existing vascularity you have, as well.

Just my two cents
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:15 am

complexx wrote:Kean has already explained why none of this can make your hair loss worse.

Aight, so this is where I currently stand on this method. I'm not going to mention any science because it would be too long and everything was already discussed throughout the few DT threads. Unfortunately, I don't have any evident close-up pre 2014 photos which seems to be a huge problem in this thread but there's nothing I can do there, as I never tried any other mainstream official treatments other than the guidelines/techniques I found on this forum last year (2014), which of course is not mainstream, or "FDA approved". Specifically out of that reason, I didn't even approach this seriously with baseline pics and all because I was one of those people who thought that only anti-androgens and minox etc can objectively help here, but I said to myelf I'll never become addicted to those because I subjectively thought and still think these approaches are terrible for self development in this age, not to mention expensive, at least for me (I almost live in a third world country). What DT has done for me personally, is something that all other actions that I tried couldn't, most of them which I employed way before DT. Like diet changes, elimination of commercial shampoos, cutting out intolerances/allergies, adressing metabolic needs etc. I individually (specifically for me) fixed my diet and lifestyle according to my needs and I really had no symptoms of anything during the whole last year except the dense seborheic dermatitis, shedding, some temple recession and general itching throughout whole day. These things vanished and never came back after I started DT.

So what do I think? I think that for me, this is effective. I never receded or lost past a certain mark so I think I'm not an objective example / measure of the therapy efficiacy. I will also agree with some people, or most, that the correlation sheets in the amount of people and the results in the DT study itself is unrealistic. If it wasn't, this thread would be closed and everyone would fix their aesthethic issue already, which would help fix the psychological issues associated with it, not to mention part of that issue itself is metabolism anyway, so psychology is just a symptom of the metabolic state if you will, plenty of evidence showing this, and if it wasn't, therapists wouldn't prescripe drugs that are dopamine or serotonin activists because that origin itself is metabolically mediated, but big pharma is obviously too big of a player, this won't change, just want to say that this isn't changing anywhere, ever, at least for our lifetime. If you get frustrated by this reality, think how CS himself feels and felt throughout his whole career, must make you punch some faces and break some bones right? Absolutely. Stopping this rant, I'll say that one possibility is that every individual is not doing this "right" for himself, but ofc there is a very low statistical probability for this, as seen in the Botox, tension reliever and the DT studies, plenty of people showed significant statistical improvement, so how come there is none in this thread almost, not to mention Botox study measured the same results as the Finasteride ones, and DT would imply even better ones? Big mystery , I really don't know, I wish I would because people suffering additionaly over hair loss is just plain idiotic and unnecessary but that's how it works , if I was God I'd give you all hollywood like full hairlines, but it's not up to me unfortunately. There is no doubt this therapy helped my hair condition, but this might not be evident over the internet so I'll just keep that for myself then.

To answer complexx's statement, I can only say that in my case and scenario, this therapy did the absolute opposite of making everything worse, so yes this hasn't made my situation worse in any way, appart from making me a bigger skeptic towards a lot of things in the world. People like captain giggles and Growdamnit and boogv and others, don't deserve to not get any results from this. I guess it's either more digging into little details or accepting something which you can't possibly accept because some (or a lot) science is already there right? I know guys, bugs me too, even though this "cured" me, I still don't understand it.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:19 am

Lorenzo wrote:complex dude, just saying.... not meaning to vilify you or anyone. it might work but you said that sheds are normal from this so just sayin some guys hair shedded like giggles and stayed that way. ok yea so he did it for 9 months but what happens if shit gets worse and we all been doin it right after 2 years??? you see why you uploading pics could help inspire us dude? its like i said you got no probs debating with critics over the therapy so why have a problem with them criticizing your pics? kean doesnt care about them so why should you? you say you got all this progress and this is the cure so we would appreciate your uploads.... srsly man at least have the balls like kean to upload. forget skeptics.... only matters to dedicated volunteers.

Listen man, you are seriously pushing it. I've said my piece several times already and I'm tired of repeating myself.I am all for supporting the newer members with sharing knowledge, but I am NOT the type of guy to give handouts to annoying people. You want motivation? Do your own due diligence and stop takign my posts (and other people's posts on here that know a thing or two about this topic) with a grain of salt and focus less on what the crazies have to aay. I am not going to upload shit here, ever, & I really never expected anybody to do the same for me. I would rather get paid by Xenon himself for uploading pics of my fucking head and watch him and Boog bash my pics and try to  make me feel like complete shit for no reason than upload them for free and waste my time/swallow my pride.  That's just how I am. As much as you may think there is a consoriacy here, there isn't, and why would there be? What the fuck do I get out of lying to you guys? I already take some time out of my day some days to keep this therapy and thread alive... Why shpuld I contribute any more than what I am contributing now?? You need to just do this therapy yourself and do your own research like me, Kean, beard, and others did, man.

And there is no way his shed "stayed like that" if he has only induldged in this therapy for only 9 months. Sheds can continue to reoccur even after a year and as late as two years later. He has veen losing hair for more than 4 years without restoring the proper scalp environment that is needed for the hair to regrow amd continye to grow healthy.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Ho Chi Minh Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:47 am

kean that was a great post. you are a really inspirational guy. i admire your courage to upload pics in face of enormous skepticism and glad that you cured your baldness. congratulations. complexx i am sorry for angering you pls accept my apologies. never meant to cause you any anguish.... i wont ask you for pics again forgive me for being so rude and demanding dude. i feel really low for upsetting you.... hope you are ok.

Ho Chi Minh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:12 am

Keano, thanks for the post and mentioning me. I am truly honest in what I am doing and trying for results.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:31 am

Growdamnit wrote:Keano, thanks for the post and mentioning me. I am truly honest in what I am doing and trying for results.

I know, as a big most of people here are. It's just a point in time where we'll all have to agree that things are very complicated. For example, I wondered what's the drive behind so much people coming here daily and "hoping" for something, a salvation maybe, and I think that by this moment, the concept of "DT" has been sort of implanted in most of the people's heads here as a supplement for the mechanism that's not connected by itself and not working due to "X" reason. I am talking about our minds.

If you take a look at the following papers, it will be more clear, and if you read them really carefully, you'll be able to see the REAL problem, which demands a way faster fix than anything else.

http://public.psych.iastate.edu/lmlarson/4.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24575914

This part from the second paper  : "Analyses confirmed that validation seeking was associated positively with all of the perfectionism measures with particularly strong associations between validation seeking and perfectionistic self-presentation. As expected, socially prescribed perfectionism and perfectionistic self-presentation had positive associations with rejection sensitivity. Further analyses established that the associations between interpersonal perfectionism and depressive symptoms were mediated by validation seeking, and socially prescribed perfectionism interacted with high rejection sensitivity to predict higher depressive symptoms. Overall, findings indicate that perfectionists are ego-involved individuals who strive for perfection as a means of proving themselves, and they are hypersensitive to interpersonal cues indicating failure and lack of acceptance from others. "

And the entire first paper.

The takeaway from these 2 papers is that "DT" as a concept seems to be a kind of a connector between some really complicated abstract mechanisms of our daily psyche and behaviours. The "DT" seems to be both a form of self-reassurement mechanism (read the first study, this is like some absolute constant in which we all need to believe and be sure of so you can kind of always self - validate yourself (since hair and image is a pretty big thing in this age. In this state of constant self - validation, almost ALL symptoms of depression and anxiety are GONE, this is a mechanism that "normal" people have fully operational while often hair loss sufferers don't (what exactly is helping cause this - metabolic wise, is obviously a really complicated situation, but I'd always start off with eliminating the gluten, industrialized/processed foods of all sorts, fixing your own metabolic needs, supplementing what's necessary if it is, fixing the digestive system, spend more time outdoors and more , all of this information can be found on this forum and other areas on the internet. The actual self worry about hair loss and hair loss itself most definitely correlate, and represent a messed up fused circle by itself too)). The other area which "DT" tries to "patch up" but actually increases the depressive symptoms and pain for lack of physical results is the actual self - perfectionism strive mechanism indicated in the second study.

Collectively, "DT" in this case (the IH forum and all it's readers and followers of the thread) , seems to work as a connector between a selective compromise between the 2 mechanisms (both self validation and actually achieveing self - perfectionism , e.g. nw1 ). It is really no wonder that so much people feel deeply disappointed by this not working for them as they want and even suicidal, but, separating the actual DT therapy and the "DT" concept (sorry to go so deep in the neurons but I think it's necessary for this thread) I just want to show you that this is just nothing else other than your own psyche being in a constant state of self inflicted pain, being highly self - critical for a hope of replacing that later on with the actual self - validation ( DT bringing full regrowth back). Others can't hurt you unless you can hurt yourself, and by that definition, the only person who can really hurt you is yourself, unless somebody else kills you,lol. I understand what people want from this therapy, it's clear as a day to everyone, but as I can't help anyone anymore really in regards to "why aren't we seeing results" I just thought separating the "DT" concept out of your head and the actual therapy would be wise.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  MrGalea Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Keanoseg wrote:Happy new year peeps. Chimed in today read the pages, continuing as usual I guess. To adress the people who think I am ignoring something. It is very hard to take satisfying pictures with this camera. I am aware I am also not the best case to showcase the results, as the ideal combination would be more people who have more significant loss and who have a lot more megapixels to show what's really happening up there. So in light of the past few pages I decided to go for a buzzcut today. Went for 1 cm length on the entire scalp.

First picture is a high contrast picture showing the length of my hair. You can see a lot of skin through the hair as it's done with a 1 cm clipper.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2h8972g&s=8#.VKrlbXvFWM8

Next are pictures from the top perspective under the full room light.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j1my9s&s=8#.VKrlwHvFWM8   -  close up and full vertical angle

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mfhzfc&s=8#.VKrmaXvFWM8   -  further back and lower angle

If everyone is really that demanding, I'll even shave off the 1 cm and take bald pictures, but stop acting like anything and everything is up to me anymore in this thread ,lmao. If you're not happy with your life that's not my problem, and you should seek out help or work on balansing your neurotransmitter metabolism, I'm not even kidding. Cheerios.

Are you fucking kidding me? You've got a FULL HEAD OF HAIR, for fuck's sake!
You're a NW Zero.
Why are you even on this forum? How do you expect us to take you seriously now? What a fucking joke.

MrGalea

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:18 pm

MrGalea wrote:Are you fucking kidding me? You've got a FULL HEAD OF HAIR, for fuck's sake!
You're a NW Zero.
Why are you even on this forum? How do you expect us to take you seriously now? What a fucking joke.

Have you read what my problems were and what DT did to them? No? Ok. Can you possibly accept the fact that I can't show you the micro footage of the hairline filling in, density gain, elimination of seb. derm (everyone's collective problem)? No? Ok. Can you accept the fact that I wasn't a norwood "zero"? No? Ok. Then I guess we're done, end of discussion.

Nevertheless, I am trying to help people here and discuss different things, I am on this forum because it's the most informative place on the internet, happy enough? How do you expect ME to take YOU seriously? What a fucking joke indeed, dropping right from the space.

I don't see someone like Danny Roddy ever providing any before pictures yet people praise him as a God and take his word as a gold bar. Why isn't he a "fucking joke"? If you don't feel like participating in the thread then by all means don't, but posts like these are pretty useless by any possible standard, take out your rage somewhere else.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:57 pm

For those of you afraid that DT causes baldness, I've used bian stones for about 4 months, and perform DT 40min 2x a day and I'm not slick bald yet. So basically I'm using tools to pinch far harder than any of you are, and doing the therapy for double the duration... my hair is very close if not better than baseline 4 months ago... and I go down a norwood every 3-4 months with the exception of these past 4 months. I don't attribute this success to DT though. To be perfectly honest I try to believe but deep inside any success I get I just know it'll be from the fin I started 4 months ago, or even the laser comb... DT for me is basically an adjunct, so is the laser. But who knows, fin may not even be working for me and DT is doing all the work... So, if I get success I'm not very helpful, I think my only contribution to this thread at this point is helping to put the myth of DT doing more harm than good to rest. I seriously doubt anyone does this as intense and thorough as I have these past few months but I could be wrong.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:44 pm

[quote="Keanoseg"]"So what do I think? I think that for me, this is effective. I never receded or lost past a certain mark so I think I'm not an objective example "

say what, you went from a nw 2 to nw 3 in 3 months, can you explain to me how you did it because I find it hard to believe. A year ago before dt my hairline was much better than yours in this picture, but Im not even remotely close or having any regrowth.

This is you 3 months ago

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 14 Feih6x

Compelxx, what sup, Are you up for it, im pretty broke right now a 100 $ will really help me pay my bills

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:46 pm

SonofOdin wrote:For those of you afraid that DT causes baldness, I've used bian stones for about 4 months, and perform DT 40min 2x a day and I'm not slick bald yet. So basically I'm using tools to pinch far harder than any of you are, and doing the therapy for double the duration... my hair is very close if not better than baseline 4 months ago... and I go down a norwood every 3-4 months with the exception of these past 4 months. I don't attribute this success to DT though. To be perfectly honest I try to believe but deep inside any success I get I just know it'll be from the fin I started 4 months ago, or even the laser comb... DT for me is basically an adjunct, so is the laser. But who knows, fin may not even be working for me and DT is doing all the work... So, if I get success I'm not very helpful, I think my only contribution to this thread at this point is helping to put the myth of DT doing more harm than good to rest. I seriously doubt anyone does this as intense and thorough as I have these past few months but I could be wrong.

I might also try fin + Dt. At this momemt of my life I dont want to take risks, even if I belfieve in the effectiveness of dt

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ho Chi Minh Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:37 am

Last edited by Lorenzo on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:33 am; edited 4 times in total

Ho Chi Minh

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:42 am

I totally agree that it can accelerate hair loss. Iv seen it and encountered it. The hair you lose is from the release of lactic acid in your scalp due to you exercising your head. This is why you also lose hair when u workout, the lactic acid is excreted through scalp skin and urine.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next