Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source)

2 posters

Go down

Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) Empty Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source)

Post  Nashville Hairline Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 pm

http://www.udoschoice.co.uk/

Any of you guys use this? I think its more of a product found in Europe but have heard great things about it as a source of Omega 3-6-9 and in the right ratio from flaxseed oil, sunflower oil and a couple other sources

Interestingly on the site he also has a theory that seeds as opposed to fish are the best source as they are not contaminated with pollutants of the sea http://www.udoschoice.co.uk/seedfish.html

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) Empty Re: Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source)

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:11 am

Nashville Hairline - There is three problems I have with a formula like Udo's choice. I used the stuff when it was first available some years following Udo's landmark book, "Fats that heal, fats that kill."

The first problem is that seed oils have a low conversion from alpha linoleic acid to DHA/EPA, especially in men.
It's about 1 to 3% roughly and it could lead to an enzyme deficiency that is responsible for this conversion if certain things are in short supply, but a way around this this, which is to make sure there is enough Zinc, B-complex and Magnesium to help with it.

The 2nd is Omega-6 and Omega-9 are pretty easy to get from the diet, so while his formula is balanced there isn't a need
to incorporate those other oils.

3rd, in liquid form is not always the easiest thing to have around on the go. And drinking the stuff on a routine basis is just not always convenient, although he does have capsule form.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source) Empty Re: Udo's Choice (Omega fatty acid source)

Post  Nashville Hairline Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:47 am

Thanks for the info..yeah I noticed he has a capsule for but it comes to about 32 eur for just a months supply. I think the liquid is better value but as you say the capsule is probably more convenient. Lots of anecdotal stuff about people with joint ache/stiffness getting relief from this product. Nevertheless I'll have a look out for Krill Oil caps instead.

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:44 am

Nashville Hairline - I totally agree, Udo's is pretty price especially with capsules. Depending on where you read, it is estimated that Krill oil is 25 to 40 times superior to standard fish oil. The phospholipids contain within them significantly improves the transport of EPA/DHA into the cell and any oxidation is kept to virtual zero with its Astaxanthin content.

Lastly, they are quite easy on the stomach.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down