Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  thisainteasy Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:15 am

I've currently been doing this DT for a little over a month. My hair is thinning more (less density) and the scalp has a lot of pimples/acnes and dandruff. It's also very itchy. Is this normal / part of the process or am I doing it wrong?

Press the skin, pinch. press the skin, pinch. Wash, rinse repeat. Twice a day, 20 minutes each. Everyday.

The harder part to work on is the front crown. It's hard as rock. Is this normal / part of the process?

thisainteasy

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:02 am

thisainteasy wrote:I've currently been doing this DT for a little over a month. My hair is thinning more (less density) and the scalp has a lot of pimples/acnes and dandruff. It's also very itchy. Is this normal / part of the process or am I doing it wrong?

Press the skin, pinch. press the skin, pinch. Wash, rinse repeat. Twice a day, 20 minutes each. Everyday.

The harder part to work on is the front crown. It's hard as rock. Is this normal / part of the process?

Hey easy

FWIW dandruff is a great sign in my opinion. I experienced much more shedding immediately within the first two weeks of starting DT properly. Some areas feel really hard for me too. Most notable is above my left temple. It feels like when I pinch it, I'm just pinching two ends of a piece of wood/something immobile. I work around this by trying to use two hands to pinch and bunch up the skin in this area, and to pay special attention to it with the massage/rubbing motions part of DT.

Also, I was wondering about Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises. What is a good amount of time to do them? I was just wondering because I don't want to end up gaining too much muscle on my head and unintentionally make DT harder. I used to do them a lot but cut back.

I'm sure the technique is important, does anyone else do Hagerty's scalp exercises? I raise my eyebrows (contracting my frontalis muscles in a kind of surprised look) for not even a second, then pull my ears back (contracting the occipital muscles) and sometimes hold them there for a few seconds, or just release them quickly to move my scalp more quickly than holding it, which would make the exercise basically look like I was flirting with someone in a creepy way (needless to say, I do the exercises in private Very Happy )

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:33 am

Its been 2 months since I stopped doing dt, the vellus hairs that I thought came from Dt are still here. Im guessing those vellus was always there even before DT.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:54 am

There's really an incredible amount of dead skin or whatever it is trapped in my scalp, and if it wasn't for DT I never would have noticed. I get the best release by pressing a boar bristle brush onto my scalp. It can look perfectly clean, and after as little as 5 seconds, it looks like I spilled powdered sugar on my scalp

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:56 am

It doesn't work.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:16 am

Growdamnit wrote:It doesn't work.

I am still in the early stages of DT but I can assure you it works for dead skin release as I mentioned, for me at least.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 36 Empty hiilikeyourbeard

Post  thisainteasy Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:04 am

hiilikeyourbeard seems to have the best result out of DT. If he can share his "techniques" to us that'd be great. We need all help we can get.

I'd rather do this therapy the right way immediately. I don't want to be in this for 9 months only to realize I'm doing it all wrong. That'd be a waste of time, waste of effort, waste of investment and not to mention waste of emotional ups and downs.

thisainteasy

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 pm

What is the conclusion of this therapy? Is this working or was it just another bs in the list of the hair loss treatments? Im not sure if its a good sign that no one is posting progress anymore. Maybe they moved on with their life after experiencing regrowth (I wish)......

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:30 am

I think we can safely say this is not a bs treatment as several people have shown some pretty compelling results - especially the pics hiilikeyourbeard i believe, showed of the hair regrowing where the massages would crease his skin. We also have many people who managed to maintain their hair using the method...even though some may not attribute it to the massage. The issue is people were promised a miracle by the study. Maintenance is not a victory in many people's heads because the bar was set so high. But we have had people with regrowth, and almost everyone reports a healthier scalp.

If we are to believe the reports of everyone who has gone in and submitted their results to this thread, this massage has a much higher success rate than most other options such as many supp regimens, topicals, and dietary changes. Worth a shot if you have little hair you need to regain, or just want to maintain what you've got. If you're pretty far gone well, you may need to look at other options.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:35 am

Its been almost 2 years now, anyone has a fulll head of hair yet?

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  egghead Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:54 pm

1 year in DT, things get worse at the begining, a lot of shedding, but now i am recovering all lost ground, its a slow process. Be constant and patient. THE GOAL IS TO SPREAD OUT ALL THAT GREASE TRAPPED UNDER THE SCALP. Try massaging hard in the shower with hot water, you can feel the grease in your fingertips..

egghead

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:06 pm

i did it for 6 months solid, probably not enough time to say whether it could've helped, but in that time, did nothing for my hair. did give me a horrible wrinkled scalp though lol. switched to LLLT as a more sustainable long term method for scalp stimulation, in unison with topical scalp peels, polysorbate 80 and clays to unclog the follicles. way less hassle and hair and scalp is in better condition, so far.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:07 am

'pretty compelling results - especially the pics hiilikeyourbeard i believe, showed of the hair regrowing where the massages would crease his skin.'

im sorry , but anyone who believes that hair regrew in the creases is an idiot.  anyonecan push their scalp together and it will go dark in the creases and stay that way for a bit afterwards.  it just forces the hairs to temporarily go on a different angle to the rest making it look darker and thicker.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:38 am

SonofOdin wrote:I think we can safely say this is not a bs treatment as several people have shown some pretty compelling results - especially the pics hiilikeyourbeard i believe, showed of the hair regrowing where the massages would crease his skin. We also have many people who managed to maintain their hair using the method...even though some may not attribute it to the massage. The issue is people were promised a miracle by the study. Maintenance is not a victory in many people's heads because the bar was set so high. But we have had people with regrowth, and almost everyone reports a healthier scalp.

If we are to believe the reports of everyone who has gone in and submitted their results to this thread, this massage has a much higher success rate than most other options such as many supp regimens, topicals, and dietary changes. Worth a shot if you have little hair you need to regain, or just want to maintain what you've got. If you're pretty far gone well, you may need to look at other options.

The biggest problem is the technique, we need a video or something.  Also, it's a LOT of work, so I wouldn't be surprised if people cheated.  I'd be surprised if they didn't Very Happy And even if they don't cheat, they might be doing it wrong unfortunately.  I know that I was doing this totally wrong for at least two weeks, and I kept coming back here to check on peoples' progress otherwise I might have still been doing it wrong.

EDIT:  Also, I just noticed those brown scaly spots appearing, someone called it "cradle cap", so something is definitely coming out of my scalp, there's no denying that, and whatever it is, it can't be good stuck in there. Right now there's one on my left temple hairline, and two on my right temple, one on the hairline.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:49 pm

cradle cap is the name for seborraic dermititis when it occurs as a baby. in this circumstance its normal and goes away on its own. when u get it as an adult though it doesnt.

its a fungal infection, caused by most likely malezzia furfur. they think it feeds on the sebum, or something in the sebum. so if dt makes you release most of these oils, then you are more likely to get an fungi overgrowth, which results in thick yellow / brown scales.

so the brown spots are not some magical result of DT, there are an infection which you will now need anti fungals to remove. no doubt the extra amount of skin contact with dirty hands has played a role in spreading it.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:39 pm

rofl wrote:no doubt the extra amount of skin contact with dirty hands has played a role in spreading it.

think this is a solid point, if doing DT; of utmost importance to keep the scalp super clean else your potentially just spreading muck all across your scalp ... and I imagine DT oxidises a lot of the muck too ... so some sort of scalp cleaning regime before and/or after makes sense, to my mind at least.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Columbo wrote:
rofl wrote:no doubt the extra amount of skin contact with dirty hands has played a role in spreading it.

think this is a solid point, if doing DT; of utmost importance to keep the scalp super clean else your potentially just spreading muck all across your scalp ... and I imagine DT oxidises a lot of the muck too ... so some sort of scalp cleaning regime before and/or after makes sense, to my mind at least.

Yes that's definitely not it, I wash my hands before I do anything many times per day, shower every day (because I'm doing Sage's topical so I don't really have a choice), and spray my scalp with rosemary tea/ACV throughout the day.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:57 am

it doesnt matter. i am uber clean and use constant alternating chemical anti fungals and anti bacterials, and i still get it. i said dirty hands may be contributing, but even if they're not, malezzia furfur lives on our skin, a certain percentage are susceptible to overgrowth. there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, but perhaps its something in our diets that comes out in our sweat.

my point is, if you dont have dirty hands, then great, i take back what i said, but it still doesnt mean you dont have sebborraic dermititis. remembering that the causal fungi lives on our skin, clean hands can still spread it around. each time you touch your skin, your hands are then contaminated. no matter how much u sanitise your hands they will always carry normal flora (bacteria and fungi)

alot of conditions are caused by normal flora that simply gets overgrown for one reason or another. when IDing bacteria and fungi in the lab, you have to grow the organisms from the specimen, and determine whats normal flora, and whats overgrowth. you use different amount of contaminating strokes on a agar plate (a 16 streak test) and see how far the organism gets.

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:23 am

simple solution: don't use your hands, use a device. what device, I'm not sure. but i bet with a bit of ingenuity there's something that could be cobbled together.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:39 am

Anyone else with closely buzzed hair notice wrinkled/stretch mark scalp from DT? I would imagine that would be a rather big deterrent Sad. I want to start up again soon, but a scalp covered with stretch marks is rather disconcerting...

Maybe they are there during the first month but go away as the scalp becomes more relaxed??

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:01 am

I'll let you know soon, Sizzling. I've just quit my job and will be breaking contact with everyone there to start a new life as a balding man, versus the long messy mophead I had going on in attempts to conceal. So, going for a short clean cut and I'll finally see how things look.

Also, I plan on restarting DT so I will post occasional updates in this thread as need be. I stopped due to believing I'd be getting a transplant soon, and wanted to see if my hair could hold up without the massages. Anyway, HT doc told me he doesn't want to do anything to ruin my life in the future and that I'm too young, wait a year, etc. so, here I am.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:10 am

SonofOdin wrote:I'll let you know soon, Sizzling. I've just quit my job and will be breaking contact with everyone there to start a new life as a balding man, versus the long messy mophead I had going on in attempts to conceal. So, going for a short clean cut and I'll finally see how things look.

Also, I plan on restarting DT so I will post occasional updates in this thread as need be. I stopped due to believing I'd be getting a transplant soon, and wanted to see if my hair could hold up without the massages. Anyway, HT doc told me he doesn't want to do anything to ruin my life in the future and that I'm too young, wait a year, etc. so, here I am.

Hi Odin

Did you by any chance mention DT to him, or at least discuss some sort of scalp laxity exercises?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  australian Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:12 am

Maybe you could use some sort of antiseptic oil when doing DT to kill any bacteria on the spot? Tea-tree oil comes to mind for me.

Odin, good luck on your fresh start to life. Hopefully you like the look of your head when it's shaved.
australian
australian

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:10 am

australian wrote:Maybe you could use some sort of antiseptic oil when doing DT to kill any bacteria on the spot? Tea-tree oil comes to mind for me.

Odin, good luck on your fresh start to life. Hopefully you like the look of your head when it's shaved.

I actually would like to do that, but I would think that since it makes everything slippery, wouldn't your fingers slide over your scalp and pull/break hairs? Without the oil is much easier I think, you just plant your fingers and press hard and they don't move.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:57 am

John, if the weather permits, the HT doc will be flying down to my area to visit with me, and a few other patients in person and so I'll mention it to him then. I did a skype consult and in addition to the fact I'm really young, he was having difficulties seeing the density of my hair. It seemed important to him whether my hair follicles themselves were thick vs. fine. I have read that scalp elasticity is important for transplants and that you want an elastic scalp so, perhaps all my months of massage will help me get the biggest bang for my buck if I go through with a procedure.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39 ... 43  Next