Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
breathing has an impact on health and hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

breathing has an impact on health and hair loss

+7
ngb
SlowMoe
BelieveInIt
shaftless
CF
droddy
researchingeverything
11 posters

Go down

breathing has an impact on health and hair loss Empty breathing has an impact on health and hair loss

Post  researchingeverything Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:16 am

breathing has an impact on health and therefore probably also on hair loss

This video is interesting...i think this could be added to the regimen..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAf8Elez6bg

do you guys think this exercise is enough to turn into a nose breather?

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

breathing has an impact on health and hair loss Empty Re: breathing has an impact on health and hair loss

Post  droddy Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:05 am

[quote="researchingeverything"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAf8Elez6bg

Good video.

researchingeverything wrote:do you guys think this exercise is enough to turn into a nose breather?

Exercise will decrease carbon dioxide by increasing lactic acid (i.e, the "lactate paradox").
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

breathing has an impact on health and hair loss Empty Re: breathing has an impact on health and hair loss

Post  CF Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:09 am

Interesting, I just tried it. Am a little sick so tough to tell if it worked but sometimes I have trouble breathing through my nose so I will try it again tomorrow and going forward to see if it helps in that regard.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:30 am

I've always wondered if people with large noses....or at least large nostrils...get more air than people with smaller sized nostrils. Also, do people with smaller nostrils go bald more due to lack of air? Maybe all we need to get more oxygen is those breathe right strips. If you want to make your own breath right strip I just saw a u-tube video where the guy cuts out a strip from the clear plastic top of a pringles chip can and fastens a bandage to it lol. Supposedly it works if done right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do6jV6NhDug

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:56 am

i think nosebreathing might be have big influence on growth/loss

- it´s closer to the scalp and amounts of oxygen might be absorbed through mucosa inside the sinuses before it even reaches the lungs
- air stays longer in your lungs than when using your mouth (more absorbtion)

when i concentrate on breahting through my nose for a few minutes i feel my head getting flushed with oxygen it´s almost like getting high

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:52 am

One way I use to decrease stress is called "feather breathing". You breathe in deeply and quickly, and when you exhale, you do it very slowyl, and fully; imagine a feather in front of your nose and you are trying your best not to make it move. In clinical studies it oxygenated the body a great deal, reduced heart rate etc..
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:39 am

BelieveInIt wrote:i think nosebreathing might be have big influence on growth/loss

- it´s closer to the scalp and amounts of oxygen might be absorbed through mucosa inside the sinuses before it even reaches the lungs

when i concentrate on breahting through my nose for a few minutes i feel my head getting flushed with oxygen it´s almost like getting high

Watch the video again, nose breathing increases carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide via the Bohr effect helps unload oxygen off of hemoglobin better allowing cells, tissues, and organs to absorb it.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:45 pm

droddy wrote:
BelieveInIt wrote:i think nosebreathing might be have big influence on growth/loss

Watch the video again, nose breathing increases carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide via the Bohr effect helps unload oxygen off of hemoglobin better allowing cells, tissues, and organs to absorb it.

so this means MORE oxygen in the end, right?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:51 pm

BelieveInIt wrote:so this means MORE oxygen in the end, right?

Yeah.

If energy is generated without producing sufficient amounts of carbon dioxide, a situation similar to hyperventilation occurs, where large amounts of carbon dioxide are blown off through the lungs, which, in turn, leads to cellular hypoxia, despite the fact that normal amounts of oxygen are being carried by the blood.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:23 pm

I've been doing this off and on since someone recommended it to me a few months ago...

http://www.normalbreathing.com/l-mouth-taping.php

The person who told me this also told me that the sleep study/CPAP industry is a racket and sleep apnea can be cured with exercises and similar breathing techniques. He went to a conference in Europe and everyone was criticizing how Americans are dealing with sleep apnea. I don't know how true it is but it'll be interesting to see if this industry implodes over the next decade if these types of techniques work for some people and the word spreads. I got a sleep study once and it seemed like a money grab for the doctor. It seems like you could teach someone how to read the data in an hour and decide whether or not to prescribe a CPAP but you need a doctor who makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to do it for some reason.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:28 pm

http://www.sleep-apnea-guide.com/tongue-exercises-for-sleep-apnea.html
http://www.sleep-apnea-guide.com/oropharyngeal-exercises.html

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:03 am

ngb wrote:I've been doing this off and on since someone recommended it to me a few months ago...

http://www.normalbreathing.com/l-mouth-taping.php

The person who told me this also told me that the sleep study/CPAP industry is a racket and sleep apnea can be cured with exercises and similar breathing techniques.  He went to a conference in Europe and everyone was criticizing how Americans are dealing with sleep apnea.  I don't know how true it is but it'll be interesting to see if this industry implodes over the next decade if these types of techniques work for some people and the word spreads.  I got a sleep study once and it seemed like a money grab for the doctor.  It seems like you could teach someone how to read the data in an hour and decide whether or not to prescribe a CPAP but you need a doctor who makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to do it for some reason.

Totally agree. It is an absolute scam. However, they are taught this way, so ignorance helps them have no conscience about charge serious money for these sleep studies.

I generally see low DHEA levels with sleep apnea.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:24 am

So if you have trouble breathing through your nose, say you broke it or you have a deviated septum or something, can this lead to to hairloss like mpb?

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:48 am

I've always slept with my mouth closed. Hasn't stopped hair loss.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:13 am

I think there might be connection here. I posted before, asking people here if they thought that they had low oxygenagition of the bloods. So can we change our oxygen levels in our blood with breathing then?

What do you guys think of using any of these devices below. Would it help with hair loss?

PowerLung
UltraBreathe
Expand-a-lung

Anyone here used any of these? Are they good? Could they be dangerous even? I read they can even do more damage than good.

"Those restricting devices actually do more harm than good. They can build up the muscles between your ribs, thicken and stiffen the cartilage and ultimately reduce your effective lung volume! "
(http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/powerbreathe-other-similar-devices-849828.html)

Regards,

Mike

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down