Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss

+12
sanderson
Changexpert
CausticSymmetry
alphadelta
ElmoSuper8
Gates
Maup
Columbo
Growdamnit
froyd
iuyyighghghgkh
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss Empty ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:19 am

supplements :

a,d,e, k2, magnesium
taurine 1000mg capsule
lysine powder 10,000mg in fruit juice
glycine powder to hot drinks,
b vitamin supplements

diet :
snacks :
coffee with cream,
60% high quality chocolate

fruit juice
cheese

main meal :
white rice/ mash potatoes with butter/coconut oil,
bone marrow/oxtail for meat,not steak

treats :
jackson's potato chips
high quality 4 ingredient ice cream (haagen daaz)

less is more

no nuts/seeds/grains or "vegetables"

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss Empty Re: ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss

Post  4039 Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:33 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:supplements :

a,d,e, k2, magnesium
taurine 1000mg capsule
b vitamin supplements

I actually agree wholeheartedly with this section. Follow it and you will age slower, get sounder sleep along with a healthy functioning nervous system, liver/gallbladder and strong bones.

Although I have migrated away from supplements and now get all my magnesium from vegetables. I still do use time-release b complex and sublingual b12 when I'm fasting. Allows me to get a boost without consuming any fat.

Back to top Go down

ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss Empty Re: ultra minimalism approach to health and hair loss

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:46 am

if you try every supplement

and every diet

you will eventually end up with a diet and supplements plan similar to mine

eating nuts, seeds and eggs and steak for "energy" is ridiculous

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  froyd Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:23 am

iuyy i don't mean to be rude man but you gotta chill out on the blind faith you put into Peat's ideas. claims against nuts, seeds, veg just isn't sensible. Peat destroyed his teeth when he ate only wheat germ years ago, developed his own biases based on calcium (hence dairy) and metabolism (regeneration of fingertips in children) with the hope to repair his teeth and hence his research is seriously pigeon holed around these principles.

I don't want to infer that you haven't but I think you should read more research that counters Peat's dietary ideals so that you don't fall down the same rabbit hole.

froyd

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:54 am

what nuts/seeds/vegetables do you reccomend ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  froyd Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:19 am

just a few nuts and seeds a day. For example brazil nuts for their selenium. raw nuts and seeds have enough vitamin e to mitigate the negative effects of pufas, it's only when you process you see negative effects.

All veg (organic) esp kale and others of that ilk. To deny the historical significance of consuming veg, nuts and seeds due to a pocket of research that has been done in the last 50 years is far too reductionist.

froyd

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:25 pm

4039 wrote:

a,d,e, k2, magnesium
taurine 1000mg capsule
b vitamin supplements

I actually agree wholeheartedly with this section. Follow it and you will age slower, get sounder sleep along with a healthy functioning nervous system, liver/gallbladder and strong bones.

Although I have migrated away from supplements and now get all my magnesium from vegetables. I still do use time-release b complex and sublingual b12 when I'm fasting. Allows me to get a boost without consuming any fat.
What Vit E, magnesium, and taurine would you guys suggest? What vegetables hit all of your magnesium needs for the day?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Agree with some of the sentiments, that Peat's diet is quite extreme and stupidly limiting; not to mention many people do very bad on it; not to mention no traditional healthy cultures eat the Peat way, so for longevity your taking a punt on Peat's theories

By contrast plenty of long living cultures do eat nuts for example... but they only eat them in small quantities, infrequently and often treated (e.g. soaked)

And longevity seems the ultimate marker of true health. PUFA phobia seems an over-reaction and over-correction (and pulled out of context of natural foods vs rancid shitty seed oils)

I'd also be interested in hearing how 4039 gets enough Mag from diet.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:35 am

How about (nascent) iodine?

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:55 am

no iodine,not important enough

tropical cultures eat very simply

fruit juice
milk

rice,potatoes, meat

it's enough to get by on

we have hundreds of foods, and look at us, sick and balding

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:19 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:no iodine,not important enough

tropical cultures eat very simply

fruit juice
milk

rice,potatoes, meat

it's enough to get by on

we have hundreds of foods, and look at us, sick and balding

many many tropical cultures eat fish an all. and nuts. and plenty of other things peat thinks are evil.

though they tend to eat these things sparingly, which makes sense from a nutrition perspective e.g. fish a couple of time a week rather than every day.

in any case I'm not sure a one cap fits all diet makes sense.

genetics can dictate a lot, e.g. different people have different genes which effect how saturated fat is metabolised, some people lack amylase genes which mean too many carbs can be an issue etc.

as can context (activity, fat levels, hormonal profiles etc.)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:33 am

The next hot new approach in your arsenal. Keep 'em coming.

I wonder what next week's will be.

Pretty soon with all of these sure-fire hair growth approaches floating around, there are gonna be some hairy fuckers here. Be careful you don't eliminate your market!

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:40 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:no iodine,not important enough

This is fundamentally wrong, and it tells me how little you understand the basic workings of the human body and basic energy production.

If you said get your iodine from a) a balanced diet including seaweed (also highest in gelatin for plant based material) or b) go low and slow with lugol's and understand the corollary cofactors, you would have full agreement from me.

Just thought I would state my position to balance some of what Gates has been vocalizing. Smile

I don't have the time to read or participate in the forum drama, but good science and reason always gets my attention.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:44 am

4039 wrote:

Just thought I would state my position to balance some of what Gates has been vocalizing. Smile

I don't have the time to read or participate in the forum drama, but good science and reason always gets my attention.

Your tact is strong Very Happy

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Gates wrote:
4039 wrote:

Your tact is strong Very Happy

To be honest, I have thought about giving up. Maybe people aren't worth saving and deserve to learn the hard way. Hand them things too easily and it sometimes invalidates the information and the entire process. The internet has just made it too easy for beta anon trolling. Information is only power when it's applied not when used as a buttress or weapon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:47 pm

I think you underestimate the sensibility of some and desparation of others from this forum. Many heads willing to bump against, sure, but many minds willing to work together.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:06 pm

I see what you're saying. To me, its the aberrant nature of the way OP is trying to provide information that I am really irritated with.

Well, then he goes and creates a thread where he's compiling research about his supplement recommendations. And then this complicates things because then he's starting to do something acceptable.

But its still just the willy-nilly way he's talking about his "approaches" as "working", and the way he posts a new regimen with a hodge podge of supplements every three days...like he's a fashion blogger posting the hot new look for the week.

There's no rhyme or reason to it whatsoever.

METHOD:
(1) Compile list of every supplement that's ever been mentioned on a hair loss forum.
(2) Randomly select 10 products from list in (1).
(3) Post (2) and title it as a new approach that "works".
(4) Repeat in three days.

I mean its like a parody almost. The "Minimalist Hair Loss Regimen". Pretty soon we'll see "The Cheapskate Hair Loss Regimen". Then, "Not Your Father's Hair Loss Regimen". Then, "Hair Loss Regimen to Use While Camping".

If all he ever did was create a thread with potential supplements for a hair loss regimen and listed them with studies to back them, and had a tone of seriousness and helpfulness, this would all be different.

But there is a facetiousness to all of it that just makes it spam, in my eyes. But given the context of this forum and the people here, and the problem they are facing, and the general desperate nature of solution seeking, I think its obvious that these kind of posts aren't just something we should tolerate like an annoying friend who won't shut up. They should be discouraged for several reasons, not the least of which being they delegitimize the good things at this forum.

Yes information is good. And detailed information about individual supplements is probably good for research purposes. But what we're seeing is that the way information is presented is just as important as the content itself, imo. Tone. Scope. Intent. Estimations of your audience and respect for what they're dealing with.

He just spams with new "approaches" like its a fucking food recipe blog.

Gates

mature_hairline_coper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:33 pm

they do have studies, for example, glycine, taurine etc, d3, k2

I have posted studies in other threads, also the youtube videos with the studies.

no one wants the studies and then to figure it out themselves, just the "end product" information

"do it now", not longwinded theory and philosophy. save that for other threads,

what have i said that is misleading ?? i have listed the hormones that cause hair loss and possible solutions, if you think this is wrong, say why

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:07 pm

glycine powder to hot drinks

Which lysine and glycine powders are you taking?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:25 am

generic ones

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:40 am

You provide a different "do it now" every three days, and its a random assortment from your initial bullshit list of "what does work, and what doesn't".

The problem being, that if your recommendations had any merit or results, you posting numerous times with different regimens would be fine.

But your "do it now"s don't really do anything. That's the issue. It would be less of a problem if you weren't giving people varied lists of 10 supps to go buy.

Imagine if CS had made his top 6 change all the time and marketed them like you do, "Ultra Minimal Super Mega Regimen".

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:49 am

I'm having a hard time finding out exactly what is the top 6? I"m definitely taking it, but what are the most important?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:31 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:generic ones

Bit vague, mate.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:17 am

Growdamnit wrote:
4039 wrote:

a,d,e, k2, magnesium
taurine 1000mg capsule
b vitamin supplements

What Vit E, magnesium, and taurine would you guys suggest? What vegetables hit all of your magnesium needs for the day?

easy... 1 lb of spinach cooked will do the trick ( about 400mg of magnesium)

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:43 am

Of course. I eat spinach all the time. So, I guess not taking a mag supplement isn't my problem.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next