Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Health issues common with hair loss EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Health issues common with hair loss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Health issues common with hair loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Health issues common with hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Health issues common with hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Health issues common with hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Health issues common with hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Health issues common with hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Health issues common with hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Health issues common with hair loss

+5
young trunks
Growdamnit
alphadelta
AS54
DeadlyDevice
9 posters

Go down

Health issues common with hair loss Empty Health issues common with hair loss

Post  DeadlyDevice Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi, so - first of all I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if there was a topic like this yet (I've read about half of the pages here as of now).

Looks like the consensus here is that hair loss is a sign of an undergoing degenerative process in the body and is not nearly just a *cosmetic* problem as it's treated nowadays.

It seems quite rare that someone is "just balding" and is otherwise in good health. Usually it's accompanied by various other problems such as insomnia, lack of libido, anxiety, fatigue etc.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a thread where we could take a look at these other ailments, it might provide some clues as to what are the most common symptoms that come with hair loss and maybe we can find some correlations.

Here's a template, and I'll start:

Type of hair loss: Diffuse and MPB
Other health issues you have: Hypothyroidism, acne, keratosis pilaris, eye floaters, nail ridges, fatigue, anxiety
When and how your hair loss started: (If you know the triggers) 2 years ago after weight loss and various diets (fasting, low fat, low carb, etc.) All these other problems started around the same time.

(feel free to add more)

I think we could get some interesting info this way.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Health issues common with hair loss Empty Re: Health issues common with hair loss

Post  AS54 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:56 am

Type of Hairloss: Diffuse/MPB
Other Health Issues: Sleep Apnea, Low Testosterone (Estrogen high relative to T), As of yet undiagnosed GI issue (suspected SIBO and hiatal hernia), Keratosis Pilaris, Rosacea
When Hairloss Started: Hairloss began at around 17 years, otherwise probably the healthiest I have ever been; I was heavily into athletics and weight training at the time and this may have enhanced the underlying processes that were already going on. After this initial phase, I had another accelerated phase during second year of college when the apnea became worse, probably due to smoking and subsequent weight gain.
Family History of Hairloss: father went bald diffusely beginning in late 20s; grandfather on mother's side was also balding in his 20s; great grandfather completely bald at 19 (mother's side)
Shared Family Health Issues: GI afflictions and autoimmune problems present widely on mother's side in the form of IBS and arthritis; diabetes
Issues at Birth: delayed birth - spent 10 days in the birth canal before c-section was performed; knowing about the process of infant inoculation, I believe this could have had a substantial impact on the cultures I was exposed to and subsequently how my skin and gut were colonized; was not breastfed (way to go mom)
Issues at Puberty: none; secondary male characteristics developed just fine, higher than average amount of body hair

I like this idea of developing a profile. Cool post. I wanted to add the familial aspect as well to see if there was a trend for shared conditions throughout a family line. I also feel the key developmental stages in one's life are hugely important so I added the birth and puberty lines.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Health issues common with hair loss Empty Re: Health issues common with hair loss

Post  alphadelta Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Type of Hairloss: MPB and hair thinning
Other Health Issues: outer third of eye brows missing, cold hands, small amount of abdominal fat, PE, psoriasis, dermatitis around groin, right knee joint cracking sound, migraines, low mood, difficulty falling/staying asleep
When Hairloss Started: 16
Issues at Birth: adopted at birth, dont know my biological mum

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Eye floaters occur in everyone's eye. It is not a health problem, just an age related symptom.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Eye floaters occur in everyone's eye. It is not a health problem, just an age related symptom.

Yeah, they say that about nail ridges as well. Thing is, I never had any of these "common problems" before and they all started around the same time as my hair loss. When you go from 0 floaters to quite a few in the space of a month, I'm not that quick to just brush them off.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:26 am

I also have cold hands and very thin outer third of eyebrows. Thyroid issues and/or poor circulation?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 am

Probably, I'm pretty hypo (TSH 5-6 and T3 45% of the range) and I have hairs thinning everywhere. Oddly my hands & feet don't get cold that often.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 am

Cold hands and feet can also be related to adrenal issues as well. Basically though, the apnea I'm dealing with can negatively effect almost all of the body's systems. Its a pretty insidious thing because the buildup of dysfunction is subtle and slow. People dealing with it experience mild symptoms for a long time and then one day they have a heart attack in their forties. I've got to get the thing taken care of.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:28 pm

oh yeah and forgot got dark (blueish colour) circles under eyes also bit forgetful had both things since childhood

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am

These can be inherited and not be a signal of any underlying health issue; it often will run in families. But these circles are usually darker.

I also have blueish circles under my eyes that are very pronounced in the morning. They can develop from disturbed sleep or oxygen deprivation. The apnea is like the cause of my own, but anytime you don't get adequate sleep you can develop them.

Also, if they are rather puffy, it could also be a sign of allergen exposure. Sometimes people will eat foods their allergic to and never understand why they get undereye bags.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Type of hair loss: Diffuse and MPB extreme sheds
scalp pain and itch, oily dandruff
Other health issues you have: Hypothyroidism (Vitamin D deficiency), adrenal fatigue, cold hands and feet, nails change color lost semi moon, hand have wrinkles, liver hurts (randomly), bloated constantly, loss of weight, facial hair hasn't grown all in, voice never changed, stopped growing at 16, hands are like girl hands same with feet. My entire family is 6ft and over and I'm 5'10 (extreme headaches due to wreck), excessive sweat, skin lost pigmentation on chest in little spot/streaks, libido problems of and on, shaky hands, sleepy after meals, bladder is swollen when I have to pee

When and how your hair loss started: (If you know the triggers) 2005 after weight loss from vomiting and no sleep and not going outside (no activity)All these other problems started around the same time.
[b]

I am 100% sure it's hormonal. Tried to go to doctor but the thyroid test comes back normal but I know its not. So I'm going to a holistic Adrenal Fatigue Doctor next month. My dad hair just started thinning and he is 57 and has diabetes. And I do not have diabetes either.

Vitamins I take: Magnesium, D, B-complex, Curcumin, Resveratrol, C, Cod/fish oil, cayenne pepper. Non is consistent. As my theory changes constantly I swap vitamins.

I KNOW I SUFFER FROM ADRENAL FATIGUE... just don't know what's out of wack. Also does anybody detox? If I do Dr. OZ detox do I do it once a month? week? and what's the next step after it? what's the best detox to do? or is all detoxes equal?

Never did a detox before. I will lose weight doin it but I don't need to lose weight.

Theories:

1. Low vit d means low t and low glutathione

2. Extreme Stress prolly sped up the hair loss

3. Masturbation isn't bad but modern diet isn't replacing what is lost when losing so much fluid

4. The problem must be attacked internally 90% and externally 10% at least for me

5. I think the answer to hair loss hormonal hair loss is easy to correct but we all are trying so many things out (including me) that we over look the simple things. Doctors will always say thyroid is correct but western medicine is missing a lot of factors and standard test numbers don't tell the whole story for evey body.

Goodnight

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Cold hands, feet- yes. Probably indicative of bad peripheral circulation.

Blue/ gray circles under eyes - yes, prominent. Have noticed this since adolescence. They are not puffy or swollen, but concave and sunken. Pigmentation in the area higher than surrounding area of the face.

Both symptoms likely mean weak adrenals.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 am

young trunks, good luck with the adrenal doctor. But beware if he tries to put you on Dr. Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder. It's big horse tablets with dicalcium phosphate in them, which is hell on digestion. They didn't work for me and IMHO are expensive garbage.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Isreviro Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 am

Type of hair loss: Male pattern Baldness with diffuse thinning on the widows peak
Other health issues you have: None that are known. My sister has crohns and is intolerant to dairy, crohns is genetic so there could be some problems there.
When and how your hair loss started: The summer after Collage, Age 21. Started to pick up and thin faster after University.
Family History of Baldness: From what i can tell from pictures, both my grandfathers had MPB. I however already have more advanced thinning in the widows peak area than my dad who is like 60. I have same pattern as my dad but the severity is not the same in each place.

My current theory: Gluten intollerence, maybe dairy as well. HIGH glycemic diet. And tight scalp.

Isreviro

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Dental History, Climate, Mold exposure would also be interesting.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down