Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
PSA Test : concern over results EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
PSA Test : concern over results EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
PSA Test : concern over results EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
PSA Test : concern over results EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
PSA Test : concern over results EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
PSA Test : concern over results EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
PSA Test : concern over results EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
PSA Test : concern over results EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
PSA Test : concern over results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

PSA Test : concern over results

3 posters

Go down

PSA Test : concern over results Empty PSA Test : concern over results

Post  eric Sat May 16, 2009 3:07 am

Immortal,
I'd like your take on this.
Slight enlargement of prostate.
For years my PSA was 1.4. Latest test came back at 2.
I'm very concered. Any year to to year increase of over .75 should be a concern for Prostate Cancer.
Mine was .6. But it has me alarmed
I've been taking dim, hmr lignans, Saw Palmetto, and Beta Sis, Krill Oil, Cod Liver Oil, multi with selenium and zinc.

Any suggestions? Freaked out.
Thanks in advance

eric

Back to top Go down

PSA Test : concern over results Empty Re: PSA Test : concern over results

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat May 16, 2009 3:13 am

That is strange, since you are on a superb prostate protection regime ...

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat May 16, 2009 5:49 am

eric - Unless you're in your very early 40's or under, the PSA is highly inaccurate in terms of prostate cancer. The only thing it is useful for is measuring inflammation (of any kind). So a rising PSA is indicative of rising system inflammation, but not necessarily in the prostate.

There are two things you might want to eliminate from your treatment and something else to add.

Saw Palmetto and Beta-Sitosterol in particular can really knock down DHT levels. Bring them down too much can be potentially negative for prostate cancer.

Research now suggests that while the 2-hydroxyestrogen to 16-alpha-hydroxyestrogen should be kept in check, which is what you are already doing with the DIM, but there's another measure that could be just as significant. It's a measure of DHT to androstanediol ratio, which should be 1. Taking drugs or strong natural supplements such as Beta-Sitosterol or even Saw Palmetto can lower this to less than 1, increasing the carcinogenicity.

In another words, you don't want to lower DHT too much. So you might ask to have your DHT & Androstanediol levels measured.

In a trial where lowering DHT was tested in prostate cancer patients, the more aggressive prostate cancers had DHT/Androstanediol ratio less than 1.

As far as protection, having optimal levels of Vitamin D is pretty huge in terms of prostate cancer risk. For peace of mind you might consider taking Cayenne which can be "chemoprotective" against prostate cancer.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  eric Sat May 16, 2009 7:21 am

Immortal,
Thanks for responding,
I started the Saw Palmetto and Beta sitosterol back in February, after being bombarded on the radio and TV about
Super Beta Prostate and all the Flomax and Advodart commercials.
I am thinking of cutting back to the following.
HMR Lignans
Dim Complex
Krill Oil
Vitamin D3
Muti Vitamin /Mineral that has zinc and selenium .
Ecklonia cava

What do you think?

eric

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat May 16, 2009 7:35 am

eric - That sounds like a great idea. There's three things I forgot to mention.

In theory bringing up levels of iodine will virtually eliminate prostate cancer risks. This correlation has not been well studied, but the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

One of the most successful prostate cancer treatments involve eliminating heavy metals. Prostate cancer for reasons not entirely understood usually have bacteria, heavy metals and calcium deposits. In some earlier threads there was discussion about Modifed Citrus Pectin and this have been proven over the years to be quite significant where prostate cancer is concerned.

Finally, if you optimize Magnesium levels this alone will cut your prostate cancer risk by 50%.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eric Sat May 16, 2009 7:41 am

1. How much Cayene Pepper or capsules should I take?
2. Regarding the Magnisum, should I take this with a Calcium/Magnisum/D supplement. My wife takes that now.

eric

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat May 16, 2009 8:12 am

eric - Generally it's good to take at least 400 milligrams of magnesium daily. Usually Calcium/Magnesium + D formulas do not contain enough Vitamin D. It's extremely rare (unheard of) to find a cancer patient with normal levels of magnesium. Avoid the oxide forms of Magnesium if it is a sole source, but it is okay if it is part of other blends for better absorption.

Regarding Cayenne (Capsaicin) I wasn't sure about the dose, so I did some checking and also found a personal story too.

From a study on mice:

Dose equivalent of 400 milligrams capsaicin (cayenne) three times a week to a 200 pound man. This would be about the amount found in three to eight fresh habanero peppers, depending hich are native to the Yucatan, have the highest amount of capsaicin. On the Scoville Heat Index, habaneros score 300,000 hon how hot the peppers were. The hotter the pepper, the greater the capsaicin content. Habanero peppers, weat units. Jalapeno peppers, popular in the U.S., score between 2,500 and 3,000 heat units.

In light of that, you might try finding the highest heat unit Cayenne you can find and take a couple of these.

Here's a story I found, thought I'd post it here.

Cayenne Pepper seems to have cured my prostate cancer!!

Post a new topicby PepperLover on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 pm
In April 2006 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer after a biopsy - Gleason score 6(3+3). I was strongly urged to have the prostate removed immediately. I refused & starting doing research. I found a Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/UCLA School of Medicine study that said that capsaicin (the stuff that makes pepper hot) fed to rats bred to have human prostate cancer had caused the tumors to die! (I put a link here to the study report but it has been removed by the admin - search for "prostate cancer study" & you will find it)

I immediately started taking cayenne pepper capsules daily. I took the equivalent human dose from the study & made that my goal. I gradually consumed more each week until I reached what I thought was the right dose. I had improved symptoms within the first two weeks - urination was easier - I had not been able to reach orgasm at the time of diagnosis but that too improved & is still improving.

Last month I decided to see a urologist to see what was involved in "Watchful Waiting" - he wanted to do another biopsy since it had been two years - I agreed & the results came back clean - they found no cancer - not a trace! My doctor was stunned & said that in 18 years he had never seen such a result. We had it double checked & I am indeed cancer free.

I am confident it was the cayenne that made the tumor disappear - given the study results.

I plan to keep taking it indefinitely & I recommend it to any male who has been diagnosed with either BPH or prostate cancer.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down