Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
nutrition defiencies EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
nutrition defiencies EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
nutrition defiencies EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
nutrition defiencies EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
nutrition defiencies EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
nutrition defiencies EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
nutrition defiencies EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
nutrition defiencies EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
nutrition defiencies EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

nutrition defiencies

5 posters

Go down

nutrition defiencies Empty nutrition defiencies

Post  baldoner Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:33 am

I had a hair analysis test for minerals.Low Ca 93(300-700) Zn 74(120-200) K 192(70-170) Iodine 0(0.40-4.00) Cu 6.5(9-13)
Also Titanium 5.12(0-4.4) All others lkine Se Fe Mn Cr were normal.
To add that I suffer from thyroiditis.
I would be glad if u can suggest me the right amounts of minerals that I have to take daily.
Is it risky to take iodine when thyroiditis is active?
Can excess sebum that i could not win even with keta and topic cortsisone is due to zinc def?

baldoner

Back to top Go down

nutrition defiencies Empty Re: nutrition defiencies

Post  Zaphod Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:50 am

I'd start with:

Iodine along with magnesium, zinc, and selenium. 1mg, 500mg, 30mg, and 200mcg. For the iodine you will want go gradually increase the dose over time . (Look into iodine supplementation protocol found in many threads on this boards.) Quality vitamin B complex is also what you need (suiting this very protocol or just addressing regular body needs), also plenty of quality unrefined salt and vitamin C.

Many mistakes can be made also in terms of diet/food. Finding what diet suits you well with finding out which food cause the harm is essential also...

Zinc clearly improved my skin, for improvement of sebum also adequate amounts of vitamin A, plenty of sun exposure and a good organic shampoo should do you well. If not, see what your gut/digestion have to say about certain foods, probably carbohydrates or junk or you name it. If gut issues, also quality probiotic that is unlikely found in regular market should be the right step forward.

If your antioxidant status is low, some vit E and C as well as ecklonia cava, etc are probably worth spending money for.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:04 am

Agree with everything Beebrox said.

But in addition, don't forget sodium if you're adding iodine. Along with the magnesium and selenium, salt loading will help mitigate any sides from iodine supplementation.

Might want to add some "40,000 volts" solution by Concentrace Minerals, too. It's sold at iherb and various other places around the net. Or you might be able to pick some up at a local brick & mortar store somewhere...I've seen it in a couple of my local health food stores in the past. 40,000 volts is high sodium and has potassium and some other stuff. I like it. Tastes is pretty vile, though, so mix it with some juice. I usually put my tablespoon in a shot glass with some juice and shoot it down. No problem.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:15 am

whodathunkit wrote:Agree with everything Beebrox said.  

But in addition, don't forget sodium if you're adding iodine.  Along with the magnesium and selenium, salt loading will help mitigate any sides from iodine supplementation.  

Might want to add some "40,000 volts" solution by Concentrace Minerals, too.  It's sold at iherb and various other places around the net.  Or you might be able to pick some up at a local brick & mortar store somewhere...I've seen it in a couple of my local health food stores in the past.  40,000 volts is high sodium and has potassium and some other stuff.  I like it.  Tastes is pretty vile, though, so mix it with some juice.  I usually put my tablespoon in a shot glass with some juice and shoot it down.   No problem.
Where i live, it's stone age, no 40,000 V from minerals in stores... (yet) Smile

Haven't tried the product, but i highly suspect it's a good one. And one more says great thing about it, i will take a few bottles for my next shopping...
Regarding sodium i was a bit cautious at the beginning due all the anti-sodium medical paradigm, fearing the crap out of people, but if one eats plenty of vegetables can seriously add some more sodium in his diet, and of course if salt-loading.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:57 am

Beeb, I was skeptical at first, too.  I first heard about salt-loading when educating myself about adrenal problems years ago.  Never salt-loaded until I hit this d-board, though, because my skepticism was so strong.  But the problems I had tolerating iodine got me over my irrational prejudice, and now I throw extra salt on everything.  My mother nearly strokes out over the amount of salt I eat whenever we have a meal together.  She's bought into the anti-salt propaganda hook, line, and sinker.   Plus, she's a very good cook and it offends her when anyone adds salt to her food.  Laughing  But I like salty flavor, and it's been nothing but good from increasing the amount of salt I intake.  It's helped my hypoadrenism tremendously.

If, however, you are eating a lot of refined foods, trans-fat, omega-6, etc., THEN too much salt will likely cause you problems.  My blood pressure would get a little high (diastolic could go into the '90's) when I was junking out.   But when I went to the doctor last month it was like 109/68, which may even be considered a little low.   And I eat TONS of salt.

Also worth noting is that my water balance stabilized very quickly.  First few days of salt loading I pee'd quite a bit, then right back to normal.

Bottom line: quit worrying and learn to love the sodium.  Very Happy  Unless you have kidney problems, salt won't be a problem for you.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:25 am

I too prefer eating salty. It's a long time since i was in fear of sodium, but kind of regret salt restriction i did back then. Despite having perfect blood pressure readings during my whole medical life, my health was at times far from that. Talking about adrenals as well.

Still while eating salty, one should be careful to balance it with potassium. Vegetarians will not likely have problems with this ratio, but eating junk and mostly processed food will however rise the blood pressure.

If there is a theory of why and how other nutrients come in place in this balance, i'd be glad to read it. So far i've read only about what use of this nutrients in our body is, but never see it how body regulates ratio of those nutrients. Certainly we need both, a lot of both.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 am

Hm should I use salicylic acid topical for titanium?

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:21 am

I want to throw in my 2 cents on salt.

Almost everything the collective masses has heard about health through our media is closer to 180 degrees (backwards).

They told us health destroying myths such as, "saturated fat being 'bad', salt, cholesterol, endurance cardio being 'good,' that fiber is 'necessary'"  these are all lies...and most people have trouble swallowing what they have heard their entire life, because, it challenges conventional wisdom.

True health is vastly different than what most "health authorities" think. The collusion between food producers and government has created most of these myths, strictly for the purposes of making money. I used to joke that mainstream medicine is a killing machine for profit...but it's no joke...it's true. It's an unintended consequence of symptom based, petrochemical treatments (poisons).

Without salt, we cannot produce adrenal hormones...without salt we die, without salt there is no electron transport. Without salt we dehydrate, without salt we cannot produce enough stomach acid, etc.

Having said that, we do need a balance of the other electrolytes. So, while some say take more magnesium, or chloride or sodium or potassium....we really need the whole thing...then things will work properly. I add this to my water.
http://www.iherb.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-40-000-Volts-Electrolyte-Concentrate-8-fl-oz-237-ml/22268

Cholesterol is necessary to produce hormones and protect us against inflammation. The medical establishment makes over 10 billion dollars per year destroying our bodies with drugs that poison our liver to lower a necessary, all important and necessary substrate (cholesterol), which is necessary to sulfate the body, transport ATP, etc.

Saturated fat is necessary for proper health and detoxification. The lipid hypothesis is an embarrassment (it should be I think). But marketing trumps science in the world of popular opinion/conventional wisdom.

I wrote this article a few years ago:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120426190352/http://healthyfixx.com/39/low-salt-diets-can-kill

I have a new one up on another site (will post it here when the site is finally ready for launch).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:01 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Having said that, we do need a balance of the other electrolytes. So, while some say take more magnesium, or chloride or sodium or potassium....we really need the whole thing...then things will work properly. I add this to my water.
http://www.iherb.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-40-000-Volts-Electrolyte-Concentrate-8-fl-oz-237-ml/22268
Good info to know CS, as I'm a relative newcomer to the world of nutrition, although I can well believe that most of what the medical establishment tells us is backwards.

The 40,000 Volts trace minerals - how quickly will you go through a bottle? Do you just take one tsp a day?

Also, I've been meaning to ask you: I read somewhere that you said it is better to put MSM under the tongue and then chase it with water - is this more beneficial than simply dissolving the MSM in a glass of water and drinking it, and if so, why?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  baldoner Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:50 am

It was weird for me that I have so low calcium since I drink plenty of fresh milk every day.Also I used to take multivitamins with 120% zinc per day for the last three monts.I eat healthy that last year.So I searched on net and I found that candida can cause calcium def.I did the spit test and it was positive.I dont know if this test is reliable but I have all symptoms of candida overgrowth.Should I visit a pathologist or is there any specific blood test that will cost less than patho?

baldoner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down