Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Nutrition and Psuedoscience EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Nutrition and Psuedoscience

3 posters

Go down

Nutrition and Psuedoscience Empty Nutrition and Psuedoscience

Post  Hairbeback Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:28 am

Hey...was on google searching for different information on nutrition and supplements and came across this website commitee for skeptical inquiry...its a skeptic website. Though I am not a skeptic it did raise some good points and was wondering what you people on the forum think about it here is the link....

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/science_and_pseudoscience_in_adult_nutrition_research_and_practice/

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Nutrition and Psuedoscience Empty Re: Nutrition and Psuedoscience

Post  Gibson Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:47 am

Having just glossed over the article and your post, hear are some thoughts that come to mind:

Diet is a tool--I was going heavy on meat for the past several months, now I am mainly on a plant-based diet. The question is: what's your aim? Also, the mental relationship to food counts for a lot. For instance, the difference between a fast and starvation at the onset is determined purely by mental state, which leads to profoundly different physiological reactions. Also, diet seems to be very subjective--there is an emotional attachment to food, as evidenced by posts on this board (fruit anyone?).

Personally, I do not discount approaches that haven't been subjected academic scientific discourse. The universe works. Science will always be playing catch-up to the universe.
That said, I respect scientific inquiry. And am a true skeptic.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:21 am

Hairbeback - I've always found this topic interesting. Much of the problem I believe is that many vitamins are evaluated as "drugs" or as pharmaceutical synthetic isolates instead of a whole food complex.

Additionally, many studies survey measures that are too broad and are not directly physiological to the body. Further, there is individual biochemistry. I consider the idea model for hair loss prevention (not for everyone) the Australian Aborigines who ate a diet high in fat and protein, and ate absolutely no grains or other products of agriculture. Based on what is known with respect to Lipoprotein(a) levels, their diet would be ideal.

There are other individuals who benefit from more of a plant based diet.

Based on longevity research, I believe it's quite clear that antioxidants (not the isolate forms so commonly known), but of the whole complex forms offer a true edge in extending life span.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:23 pm

I am not a skeptic in the sense of a psuedoskepticism....I am just skeptical of everything, especially if it has no evidence or proof. The CISCOP site does have interesting opposing arguments, but sometimes they come off a bit cynic. I am a truthseeker I am not held down by any dogma from religion, psuedoskepticism, evoultionary dogma. Life is a mysterious and nobody has all the answer....we are not even close.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:02 pm

The battle for information is so confusing lol. And they way many of us lead our lifes it is hard to get through loads of information. I do agree with the trail and error statement....that is probably the safest assesment one can make. Everything works differently for different people.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down