Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2?

+2
LawOfThelema
marku
6 posters

Go down

Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? Empty Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2?

Post  marku Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:19 am

Just stumbled across this over at BTD. Thought it interesting but haven't found any sources to back up it's claims about Niacin actually "flushing" out the PGD2.

Hello all,

This is my first post, although, I used to suffer from hair loss for a long time.

Recently, there has been some news regarding hair loss and PGD2 cholesterol. This is why omega-3's help. During metabolism, a higher concentration of omega-3's will help avoid the pathway where PGD2 is produced in a cell.

Personally, I have been taking fish oils as a dietary supplement for a long time. To really see a marketable increase in hair growth however, you need to force PGD2 out of your cells, especially those found on the scalp.

Well, when I was really upset regarding my own hair loss, I thought to myself how unfair it was for some men to just have awesome hair, how it appeared to really help bolster their confidence. I thought that it wasn't "fair", I felt that I was deficient compared to them and it did attack my confidence. I now feel that everyone should have the benefit of being able to have a full head of hair. To see the way that your face is framed with gorgeous locks of hair.

I promised myself that I would, if I could, help people that felt helpless like I did.

Now, with some inspired guesswork and research, I have found THE answer. How to grow amazing hair, and get most of your old hair back. All you have to do, is rid your cells of PGD2. That means that you only have one issue: "How to ensure that you force the PGD2 from your cells to let the hair grow naturally".

Believe it or not, the ability to do this already exists, and its an inexpensive, widely available substance.

Vitamin B3 / Niacin. (DO NOT USE Niacinamide, it does not cause the flush and DOES NOT WORK!)

Do some research on the "Niacin flush" (vitamin b3 flush) and you will see that this reaction is caused directly as a result of the flushing of PGD2 from your cells. I have been flushing for 6 months, 2 times a day, and the results are unbelievable. My hair looks and feels amazing.

I must say, that I am also on dutasteride (avodart) and I plan to continue taking this as well, however, I DO NOT use minoxidil, I hated topicals and it drove me crazy to have that stuff in my hair.

You will have to go to the local vitamin store and buy some. I started out with 100 mg pills and gradually moved up to 250 mg in the morning, and 250 mg at night.

Now, the flush itself isn't all that fun. However, its just the dialation of your blood vessels due to the release of the bad cholesterol, so its really not all that bad once you get used to it. And after the first flush, feel your scalp with your hands. It will feel fscking delicious in a way that I cannot describe. Its like before that subtle itchy feeling that comes with slowly losing your hair. Your head feels like it did when you were a kid. Try it and you will see!!!

Having said this, if there are still any non-believers out there, I have a couple more items to share.

When performing my research, I though to myself: "it cannot be this simple, get rid of the bad cholesterol PGD2, and your hair grows?!" google was also returning results related to heart conditions and management of cholesterol. After reading them, I saw that there is a drug, called Niaspan that is given to people to help them reduce their bad cholesterol levels. Niaspan is simply 1000mg of time release Niacin. And doses of Niacin is what forces out the bad cholesterol from your cells thus removing bad cholesterol from your body.

So, continuing down this path, I thought to myself: "If this is really true, that people having cholesterol issues are already being put on elevated doses of niacin to help remove the cholesterol from their body, and through my other searching on the Niacin flush being a direct result of PGD2 being forced from you cells, then there must be someone somewhere, on a blog or some obscure post, who is taking heart medication and is reporting that their hair is growing back". Well, I am pleased to report that I did find postings to this end.

Look it up: "niaspan and hair growth".

Guys/Gals, THIS IS the answer that you have been looking for. Try it for 6 months, 2 times a day and start with a dose low enough to induce the flush (100 mg will prolly give you a heck of a flush the first time) and do it morning and night. Adjust the dose as needed to ensure you flush (over time, I personally found that 100mg didn't do it after a while so I take 250 mgs in the am and night).

KEEP TAKING YOUR FISH OILS ORALLY, to slow the buildup of PGD2. Also eat leafy greens throughout the day (eat a healthy diet people).

I look forward to not seeing any more balding men. You will feel beautiful.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/61939-Treatment-of-male-pattern-baldness-results-from-1988!/page28

marku

Back to top Go down

Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2? Empty Re: Niacin Flush = GOOD for PGD2?

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:13 pm

I must say, that I am also on dutasteride (avodart) and I plan to continue taking this as well, however, I DO NOT use minoxidil, I hated topicals and it drove me crazy to have that stuff in my hair.

tell him to drop the dut and see if niacin flush does jack for his hair

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:

tell him to drop the dut and see if niacin flush does jack for his hair

exactly what I was thinking.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Isreviro Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Does this seem legit? I would be willing to give it a try if there are not any side effects.

I went to the post where that was posted and some users said that it may increase the production of the very thing he claims it is reducing.

here is what one user posted.

Attenuation of niacin-induced prostaglandin D(2) generation by omega-3 fatty acids in THP-1 macrophages and Langerhans dendritic cells.

Niacin, also known as nicotinic acid, is an organic compound that has several cardio-beneficial effects. However, its use is limited due to the induction of a variable flushing response in most individuals. Flushing occurs from a niacin receptor mediated generation of prostaglandins from arachidonic acid metabolism. This study examined the ability of docosahexaenoic acid, eicosapentaenoic acid, and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), to attenuate niacin-induced prostaglandins in THP-1 macrophages. Niacin induced both PGD2 and PGE2 generation in a dose-dependent manner. Niacin also caused an increase in cytosolic calcium and activation of cytosolic phospholipase A2. The increase in PGD2 and PGE2 was reduced by both docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid, but not by oleic acid. Omega-3 PUFAs efficiently incorporated into cellular phospholipids at the expense of arachidonic acid, whereas oleic acid incorporated to a higher extent but had no effect on arachidonic acid levels. Omega-3 PUFAs also reduced surface expression of GPR109A, a human niacin receptor. Furthermore, omega-3 PUFAs also inhibited the niacin-induced increase in cytosolic calcium. Niacin and/or omega-3 PUFAs minimally affected cyclooxygenase-1 activity and had no effect on cyclooxygenase -2 activity. The effects of niacin on PGD2 generation were further confirmed using Langerhans dendritic cells. Results of the present study indicate that omega-3 PUFAs reduced niacin-induced prostaglandins formation by diminishing the availability of their substrate, as well as reducing the surface expression of niacin receptors. In conclusion, this study suggests that the regular use of omega-3 PUFAs along with niacin can potentially reduce the niacin-induced flushing response in sensitive patients....

...The data indicated that omega-3 PUFAs can effectively inhibit niacin-induced synthesis of PGD2 and PGE2, the key mediators of flushing caused by niacin intake. The possible inhibitory mechanisms appear to be diminished niacin receptor expression and reduced availability of AA, a substrate for PGD2 and PGE2 synthesis. These effects are mediated within cellular membranes and are based on the enhanced incorporation of omega-3 PUFAs into membrane phospholipids. Therefore, this study suggests that regular intake of fish, fish oil supplements, prescription grade DHA and EPA formulation (GlaxoSmithKline) or other commercially available DHA-, and EPA-enriched preparations, will not only be beneficial in reducing the flushing response of niacin, but also provide several known cardio-beneficial effects.73

http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC3308705

Isreviro

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 pm

i tried for one week niacin 200mg at the morning and 200 mg at night. (solgar)
My hair starting to look thinner in two days since beginning that. The flush was gave me a very nice calm sensation by the way, but for hair i think that was not beneficial.
I flush only once a week now just for better blood circulation....

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 pm

That's interesting Steve. I experienced the same thing, and I also had similar experiences when trying other circulation enhancing products. There was a time when I was taking a lot of arginine and had the same results, despite the fact circulation is of touted as the key. But to my discredit, NO can create all kinds of problems so it could easily have been increases in NO that were doing the damage.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:16 am

Dr Proctor claims NO kick starts hair growth in way. I dont know what evidence he specifically has for the claim, but he stands by it

Nitric Oxide gel was not long ago in clinical trial for baldness
http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5418

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 am

More blood = more dht right? For years I took nitric oxide products not realizing I was doing damage. Im pretty sure nitric oxide plays a role in pgd2 production as well. One of the reasons why astaxathin is so good at helping with inflammation is do to its nitric oxide blocking efffects.
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 am

the thing is, if more blood = more dht = hair thinning, then the whole theory about papilla, maliniak, brushing, etc, it's for the garbage

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:32 am

A by product of nitric oxide is peroxynitrite which is a pro-oxidant
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:50 am

i wonder if thats why proctor uses spin traps / radical scavengers in his stuff

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:29 am

I'm definitely sure nitric oxide has a role in the immune response/allergic response/wound healing mechanism. Many people who are hyper chemical sensitive produce far too much NO. And there is evidence that abnormal production of NO synthase contributes to high intracellular calcium: calcification and stress.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down