Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS

+3
rofl
Nuuu_Dx
notat24
7 posters

Go down

starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS Empty starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS

Post  notat24 Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi everyone, just starting my fight against MPB, I'm 24. So I have been creeping a number of forums, doing an insane amount of google searches, and I have narrowed it down to 3 things I am for sure going to use. And a short lists of others that I am considering. I would appreciate some insight from people who have used any of these products.

FOR SURE
-Minoxdil 5% foam
-Nizoral Shampoo (can anyone recommend a good brand?)
-RU58841 (still need to figure out how to get everclear here in the USA, any substitutes?)

THINKING ABOUT
-Saw Palmetto (low doses)
-Finasteride (again lower than advised dose, any advice on what dose to take?)
-Black Currant Oil (orally 500mg per day)

Also I am very curious about natural supplements to strengthen hair, please recommend me some!

About the saw palmetto and finasteride, I have been thinking it might not be so bad to have a reduction in testosterone, because I am extremely sex driven. I worry at times and think I could have a sexual addiction, I have a hard time focusing on important things and think about sex really often. So being less horny, almost sounds appealing to me. But being sexually incapacitated would be my worst nightmare. I think if I want to reduce testosterone, I would prefer the SP because it is a natural. Only other thing is I do have a bit of a predisposition to being depressed, I've heard that depression can be a side to finasteride. Thoughts???

Thanks in advance Very Happy

notat24

Back to top Go down

starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS Empty Re: starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS

Post  Nuuu_Dx Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Nizoral shampoo IS the brand lol, its not a type of shampoo. So if you want Nizoral then it has to be Nizoral. You could use one of the other Ketacozal shampoos (the ingredient that makes Nizoral useful) which are Regenpure Dr and Revita to name 2.

The rest I cant advise you on What a Face

Apart from RU, you can get it from somewhere in something called a K&B solution so basically its already mixed and ready to be applied, cant remember where you get this from though pirat

As for Saw pal and fin, Id say either one or the other they both do the same thing, and tbh if your gonna go that way then you might aswell do it properly and just take the fin which is more potent and has science behind it.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS Empty Re: starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS

Post  rofl Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:11 pm

so where r these pics? or was that just to get ppl to look?
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm

never ever take finasteride...

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  Spunky Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Never had much luck with Saw Palmetto, but it's probably worth a try. I've had the best luck with "the regimen" advocated by Immortal Hair - Ecklonia cava is great stuff for sure. The thing that has helped me the most has been to increase my protein intake (this may not be your problem, but worth checking into). Since starting a morning protein shake regimen, around 40 - 50 grams, I've seen quite an improvement. If you're suffering from diffuse thinning or thinning of the crown, this could really help... My hair has thickened up tremendously in the last 6 months.

Like others have said, hold off on the finasteride until you've explored other options - you're a bit young to go that route.

The other big thing to keep in check is stress - this is a huge factor. You've got to exercise regularly (if you don't already) and don't let s**t get to you (work especially!). I'm 49 and I started going to yoga about a year ago (I've always been a fitness guy, but I was getting tired of the gym). I attend a high intensity class 3X/week and it's the best thing I've ever done to combat stress...

Spunky

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Your regimen is good. You will have success with RU 58841. Everyone who applies it consistently sees results.

With RU you could probably go low on finasteride. Could try a half a tab every other day. See if you get sides. If you stick consistently with RU you probably dont even need finasteride. I however still like the concept of redundancy of having more than one treatments addressing things slightly differently.

For RU the best vehicle is the vehicle used in some of the studies, which is patented as kraemer & bohn's solution. You can find the patent online. MPBTreatments sells it mixed up. People get it made in group buys.

With regard to sexual functioning. I don't see a problem with some reduced libido. There is more to life than sexual activity. People make way too much out of this. Now, true erectile dysfunction and inability to get erection is another story. This I could see causing more of a concern. When you want to have sex you want to be able to get erection. But lower libido is just wanting sex less often or less frequently. I don't see where the problem is.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  granger451 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:21 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:Your regimen is good. You will have success with RU 58841. Everyone who applies it consistently sees results.

Do you strongly believe in that statement? Im just curious
Devils advocate is this is an older treatment that never did reach market.
The research i have done would indicate the results are mixed.
granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:26 pm

i think RU is as potent as fin, but you need to be more consistent because the way it works on androgen receptors rather than on an enzyme that takes days to regenerate.

i think it didnt reach the market for other issues not because it doesnt work at halting hair loss.

topical antiandrogens are problematic because they can cause birth defects. its why there are very few approved topical antiandrogens.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down