Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness.

+6
ubraj
Orchid
RisingFist
AS54
CausticSymmetry
blueman99
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. Empty Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness.

Post  blueman99 Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 am

Yes DHT and all of that play a role but I believe the biggest factor IMO are Calcium Deposits and rapid bone growth. With all the calcium we consume in dairy and fortified foods it is way to much and is not properly abosorbed. After observing bald men they seem to have bony tight skin where the calcium deposits lay on their bald spots. I think with enough vitamin d / magnesium, and following paleo diet you can stop progession of this. I believe this is the reason some people never go bald is because of their skull shape. Call me crazy IDk.

I think these calcium deposits block the blood flow coming in and cuts off oxygen from the hair in the area.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. Empty Re: Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness.

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 am

Would add in vitamin K2 and vitamin A to help the overall process. There is some good logic to this theory.

For one, DHT and Calcium do have a relationship, two, balding and calcification have been observed in autopsy, 3, calcium deposition is seen in an infectious process.

Consider also that most people seen under autopsy have a calcified pineal gland (I'll be one of the few that don't), and it doesn't hurt that I'm taking everything to guard against calcification possible.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness. Empty Re: Here is what causes Male Pattern Baldness.

Post  AS54 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 am

CS,

What would you say is the best approach to preventing and REVERSING existing calcification?
I'm talking about supps and diet/lifestyle, basically everything as I feel similarly that calcification
has a big role in hair loss.

Also, one thing that confuses me is that several cures mentioned here recently support the idea that hypoxia stimulates the stem cells to differentiate, but isn't hypoxia in general something that can lead
to calcification from improper ion balance in the cell?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:09 am

Well Obviously foods with magnesium and vitamin k , like bananas broccoli etc. I also believe dairy is not good for humans at all. We are not meant to drink milk from another animal. And also Garlic is effective at reversing calcification to an extent but I think you would have to eat it raw to get more of an effect.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 am

I've seen sources who point toward calcification being the result of nanobacteria, but for me this is difficult to believe. I know the jury isn't out yet, but it seems to me that nanobacteria are just replicating crystalline networks of minerals. Hence, is calcification the result of a pathogen or is it the "pathogen" itself? This is where I am confused. I am also unsure of what it requires to break down existing calcification. Would EDTA be effective at degrading these deposits?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:26 am

blueman99 wrote:Well Obviously foods with magnesium and vitamin k , like bananas broccoli etc. I also believe dairy is not good for humans at all. We are not meant to drink milk from another animal. And also Garlic is effective at reversing calcification to an extent but I think you would have to eat it raw to get more of an effect.
How about aged garlic extract?

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:54 am

Ya I believe aged garlic is even better because the compounds inside are more bio available.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:22 am

blueman99 wrote:We are not meant to drink milk from another animal.
is this guy serious?
Orchid
Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:26 am

Orchid wrote:
blueman99 wrote:We are not meant to drink milk from another animal.
is this guy serious?

I've been in this line of work for a long time, and the quote about milk not being suitable or natural for another animal to drink is a very popular opinion, but not based on any actual science.

Humans and animals alike will drink and eat anything they can get their hands and mouths into.

I've seen cats "steal" milk from a cow. The Masai tribe are one of the most healthy and robust people alive (at least when they ate their traditional diet), which consisted of blood, milk and meat. That's all they ate.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:28 am

To be fair, there are people who cannot eat or drink dairy.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:52 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:CS,

What would you say is the best approach to preventing and REVERSING existing calcification?
I'm talking about supps and diet/lifestyle, basically everything as I feel similarly that calcification

Also, one thing that confuses me is that several cures mentioned here recently support the idea that hypoxia stimulates the stem cells to differentiate, but isn't hypoxia in general something that can lead

I used to work with a lot of cardiovascular patients and the aim was to boost their circulation and for stroke patients to clear out their neck (carotid arteries), for vascular (PAD) strengthen their vein systems. Getting a handle on calcification was one area.

IV drips of EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid), which has an affinity for calcium and Lead (Pb). This helped, however it is not cheap and it is not convenient either. A patient is typically required to first undergo testing and then to lie in a chair for 3 1/2 hours, two to three times per week for several weeks. Usually 30 sessions.

For others, they also benefited from phospholipid therapy, otherwise known as Plaque-X. This emulsifies existing lipids and brings them into a movable solution to be pumped out.

When it comes right down to it, what is the cheapest way to do it? I take three Decalcify capsules per day...the idea here is K2, in the form of MK-7, MK-4, boron (anti-microbial), Mg-Orotate to "clean out" intracellular calcium, Potassium-Orotate to reduce Phosphorus dominance which can potentially wreak havoc with vitamin D conversion.

Also, there is heavy metal detox, which includes iodine.

Getting back to vitamin K, even early studies showed a very obvious effect of hypercalcification when animals or humans were given a vitamin K antagonist. So to me, ensuring an optimal level, which is what I take everyday of K2 will help maximize removal or prevention of abnormal calcium deposition. I should mention that K1 (from plants) doesn't quite have the reach that K2 does. However, vegans can probably getting around that problem better with fermented foods and eating insects (almost kidding, but true).

Another important aspect of calcification is associated with low thyroid function. It's almost everything really, because calcification usually occurs due to an infection, which typically occurs during a low thyroid state.

This is not just a hypothesis or a theory, because thyroid hormone levels have a direct relationship with Matrix Gla Protein and vascular smooth muscle calcification.

Some years ago, a study showed that thyroid hormone directly facilitates MGP gene expression in smooth muscle cells via thyroid hormone nuclear receptors, leading to prevention of vascular calcification in vivo.

Getting back to heavy metals...thyroid function typically improves when metals are removed.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:40 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:which consisted of blood, milk and meat. That's all they ate.

I can't find the original article I read in the past, but a quick google searched pulled up the benefits of bathing in blood to give an idea, lol.

"Great for drinking or bathing"
"For generations, men and women have bathed in blood to maintain complexion and youthful vigor."

http://infants-blood.info/virginsblood.html

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks CS. Very informative post.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:57 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:CS,

Where did you get the idea that hypoxia causes calcification? Also in the manual methods we are talking about TEMPORARY hypoxia, they are two completely different things.

Here are some studies that show that hypoxia is better for vascularization and development of mesenchymal stemcells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2927059/

Here is research that suggest mesenchymal stemcells could be key for hair regrowth.

http://stemcellrevolution.com/news-and-events/hair-regeneration-pilot-study/

I love to hear peoples thoughts.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:To be fair, there are people who cannot eat or drink dairy.

To add to CS for others, it's shown that just about everyone who has a gluten intolerance also has a casein/dairy intolerance.

Goats milk may be an alternative for many and what I tried way back when I had an intolerance.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 am

Schpiloch,

A lack of oxygen in the cell increases intracellular Ca2+ directly. This is because the transport of Ca2+ out of the cell to allow for magnesium to enter is an ATP-dependent process. So, if oxidative metabolism isn't functioning properly, Ca2+ builds up. This is also why calcification is a problem when sugar metabolism is deranged, for the same exact reason. If you aren't shuttling sugar to where it needs to be for oxidation, the whole equation gets stopped, and ATP is lacking.

I see your point, however. I think, like many things here, its the idea of hormesis again. We are trying to create a little bit of stress in a controlled way to get an adaptive response.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 am

is it healthy a calcium limitation by avoid dairy and foods that contain calcium?
i mean, adults doesn't need calcium at all?

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:39 am

Yes, you just want the right kinds of calcium. Supplements are generally not a good idea. Get your calcium from food: green vegetables, bone broth, nuts & seeds are okay, oranges.

If you are okay eating dairy, by all means go for it.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 am

Never had a problem with dairy, although mostly prefer yellow cheeses, which are very rich in calcium.
Obviously i should avoid their consumption anyway

Back to top Go down

Post  Le'Mon Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:23 am

Yes i am also targeting calcification for my hairloss, i follow a diet close to that of nourishing tradition - Sally Fallon, weston A Price. Which encourages use of unpasteurised dairy cream, butter, milk, yougurt. Should these dairy products be avoided? especially in balding people?

Can anyone reccomend a good test for gluten/dairy intolerances?

Le'Mon

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 am

Lots of good posts in this thread.

I will add regarding hypoxia...Should be qualified, is it short or long term hypoxia?

The following study will explain:

J Cell Mol Med. 2004 Oct-Dec;8(4):423-31.
HIF-1 and p53: communication of transcription factors under hypoxia.
Schmid T, Zhou J, BrĂ¼ne B.

University of Kaiserslautern, Faculty of Biology, Department of Cell Biology, Kaiserslautern 67663, Germany.

Oxygen sensing and reactivity to changes in the concentration of oxygen is a fundamental property of cell physiology. The lack of O(2) (hypoxia) is transmitted into many adaptive responses, a process that is largely controlled by a transcription factor known as hypoxia inducible factor-1 (HIF-1). More recent reports suggest that besides its traditional regulation via proteasomal degradation other signaling pathways contribute to stability regulation of the HIF-1alpha subunit and/or HIF-1 transactivation. These regulatory circuits allow for the integration of HIF-1 into scenarios of cell-survival vs. cell-death with the rule of the thumb that short-term mild hypoxia maintains cell viability while prolonged and severe hypoxia provokes cell demise. Cell death pathways are associated with stabilization of the tumor suppressor p53, a response also seen under hypoxic conditions. Here we summarize recent information on accumulation of HIF-1alpha and p53 under hypoxia and provide a model to explain the communication between HIF-1 and p53 under (patho)physiological conditions.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 am

CS- so this further supports the importance of temporary hypoxia and its ability to keep cells alive correct?

Whereas longer term hypoxia wil cause cell death?

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:59 am

This almost leaves me with more questions, Smile . First of all, how do we determine what is referred to as short-term vs. long-term hypoxia, and at what point of oxygen deprivation is considered hypoxic? As a reference point, would a situation like sleep apnea be considered to cause long-term hypoxia?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:13 am

Anthony: I think sleep apnea would be considered long term. Say you sleep for 7 hours, you could seriously deprive your body of oxygen if you have sleep apnea.

I think what we are doing with the manual methods would induce temporary hypoxia. It cuts of the blood and flow of oxygen only momentarily, the allows it to flood back in even stronger.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 am

I agree with you. It honestly gives me a reason to believe in the manual methods moreso than I have in the past. The bloodflow component wasn't enough for me, but if temporary hypoxia can promote cell survival, this adds something different to the manual methods.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next