Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptyToday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
My hairloss battle and regimen! EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My hairloss battle and regimen!

+7
hairdecent
scottyc33
The_Mentalist
sanderson
young trunks
Regrowth
11 posters

Go down

My hairloss battle and regimen! Empty My hairloss battle and regimen!

Post  Regrowth Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 am

I have been brushing for 2 months and massaging my scalp and it is helping for sure. 2 weeks ago i added supplements to the equation, resveratrol and curcumin, as well as coq10 and now adam multivitamin, which i was impressed with (ingredients below) has saw palmetto and other health and hopefully hair goodies. After starting that supplement my scalp feels so great that i dont feel the need to massage and brushing my scalp as much, but will still keep doing that. Now im waiting for my toco-8 supplement which i hope will also be beneficial and was thinking about other good supplements that i could add to my regimen? I know i could search through these forums, but wanted maby to get some response from posters here that have had sucess with something?

Amount Per Serving (2 tablets) % Daily Value*
Beta-Carotene (as pro-Vitamin A 6 mg) 10,000 IU 200%
Vitamin C (from Calcium Ascorbate) 350 mg 583%
Vitamin D (as Ergocalociferol) 400 IU 100%
Vitamin E (from d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 200 IU 667%
Vitamin K (as Phytonadione) 50 mcg 63%
Thiamine (Vit. B-1) (from Thiamine HCl) 25 mg 1667%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 25 mg 1471%
Niacin (Vitamin B-3) (from Niacinamide) 50 mg 250%
Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCl and......) 25 mg 1250%
Folate (as Folic Acid) 800 mcg 200%
Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin) 250 mcg 4167%
Biotin 300 mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) (from Calciu..) 100 mg 1000%
Calcium (from Calcium Carbonate and C...) 350 mg 35%
Iodine (from Kelp) 225 mcg 150%
Magnesium (from Magnesium Oxi...) 100 mg 25%
Zinc (from ZinMax® (Zinc Picoli...) 30 mg 200%
Selenium (from L-Selenomethionine) 200 mcg 286%
Copper (from Copper AAC*) 500 mcg 25%
Manganese (from Manganese AAC*) 3 mg 150%
Chromium (from Chromium Chelavite®) 200 mcg 167%
Molybdenum (from Molybdenum AAC*) 50 mcg 67%
Potassium (from Potassium Chloride) 50 mg 1%
Saw Palmetto Extract (Berries) (Sere....) 160 mg †
Panax Ginseng Extract (Roots) .....) 100 mg †
ZMA® 55 mg †
Alpha Lipoic Acid 50 mg †
Choline (from Choline Bitartrate) 50 mg †
Kelp (Laminaria digitata)(Whole Plant) 45 mg †
Ginkgo Biloba Extract (Leaf) .....) 30 mg †
Nettle Extract (Root) (Urtica .....) 25 mg †
Grape Seed Extract (Vitis v.....) 25 mg †
Inositol (from Inositol Granul....) 25 mg †
Bromelain (2400 GDU/g) 25 mg †
Lipase (80,000 LU/g) 12.5 mg †
Papain (2,000 USP/mg) 12.5 mg †
Amylase (5000 FCC/g) 5 mg †
CoQ10 (as Ubiquinone) 5 mg †
Lycopene (from Natural Tomato Extract) 1 mg †
Boron (from Boron AAC*) 1 mg †
Lutein (from FloraGLO®) 500 mcg †
Vanadium (from Vanadium AAC*) 100 mcg †

Regrowth

Back to top Go down

My hairloss battle and regimen! Empty Re: My hairloss battle and regimen!

Post  young trunks Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 am

Congrats. What kind of hair loss did you have? How much regrowth? I was just looking up this guy named...mukunda m, he's all over the net and claims that brushing with olive oil or any oil will speed up results?

Should I try this? And how did you treat the itching sensation that I'm having right now? What kind of shampoo did you use?

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Regrowth Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:35 am

First it was only hairline, than i got diffuse thinning. But im not loosing anymore, regrowth has been good in my hairline, but im not sure about my diffuse thinning, i know im not loosing anymore but will have to wait a bit longer before i can comment on thickening. I dont use shampoo, just use hot and cold water. I have minimal itch now after taking these supplements, which i can completly halt with brushing and massaging my scalp. Would it be beneficial if i used a good shampoo ??

Regrowth

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:37 am

Regrowth wrote:First it was only hairline, than i got diffuse thinning. But im not loosing anymore, regrowth has been good in my hairline, but im not sure about my diffuse thinning, i know im not loosing anymore but will have to wait a bit longer before i can comment on thickening. I dont use shampoo, just use hot and cold water. I have minimal itch now after taking these supplements, which i can completly halt with brushing and massaging my scalp. Would it be beneficial if i used a good shampoo ??

I clean my scalp with witch hazel every now and then and wash with acv.

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:41 am

do you really think the brushing helps?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Regrowth Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:01 pm

I absolutely recommend brushing the scalp. It is helping me and it most defintely is helping others, just dont get scared though you shed alot in the beginning and your scalp becomes pink and super sensitive, i usually get that when i have mass shedding where i think new hairs are pushing the old ones out.

Regrowth

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 pm

As for the sting in head..Do nothing? Not even shampoo?

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Mentalist Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm

OP,

It looks like brushing has helped you but the multi you just added two weeks ago. Did multi have benefits that you noticed quickly? I was thinking buying ingredients such as Saw P. Nettle, Iodine, kelp etc and some other separately, so I could just use that multi and skip individual dosage so I just wanted to hear from you your experience. Also, do you think curcumin also helped along with your brushing routine?

Also, how is your hairline growth in terms of individual hair strand thickness and overall density and if you noticed hairline descend on forehead?

I would recommend Apple Cider, Bragg's unpasteurized and unfiltered for washing hair. I have not used the same brand but regular vine. and it is good for hair. Organic ACV is being touted as having good benefits.

Fish oil is most beneficial for all purpose health and specially skin, nails and HAIR. It is anti-inflammatory and one book writer put this as on top of the list for anti-inflammatory benefits to body and health in general.

Thanks a bunch

The_Mentalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Regrowth Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 pm

I cant comment just yet what the benefits of the multis will be just yet, i just feel that after i begin taking them, which is not that long ago, that my scalp feels better and that i dont feel the urge to be stimulating my scalp externally, also just after i begun taking them i got a mini shed which my scalp became red and a bit irratated, exact same reaction just not as dramatic when i first begun doing the brush and massage stimulation.

You may want more dosage from some of these supplements in the Now Adams multi but i think this is a great way to start, but along the way i may add more e.g. iodine if i think it will benefit me further, but this is definetly a good starter.

i dont know if the resveratrol, curcumin, coq10 are working for me as i started with all of these at the same time, but i have heard good things about all of these, as well as the toco-8 that i will be recieving soon and will keep taking them, if not for hair, then hopefully for health.

Hairline is coming in pretty good, and though it could be thicker it is thick enough to have some real cosmetic benefits where i have short hair and spike it up, that nobody really can tell im loosing my hair.

I will follow up on this and let know how things are going as i will also provide some pictures.

Regrowth

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I've been on the Immortal Hair regimen for a couple of years now, but it was the addition of the curcumin and resveratrol combo that seemed to be the game changer for me personally (for stopping hair loss).

Not sure if you really need COQ10 depending on your age.

I'd say clean up your diet and try a heavy metal detox. Then try adding supplements in to see how they work for you.

As for multivitamins - personally I'm not a huge fan, particularly if they are synthetic and turn your pee neon yellow.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Regrowth Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm

I began taking the multi as well the other things at the same time, so the benefits could well be from only the resveratrol and curcumin. But the multi and the coq10 if not for hair i like for overall health.

This got me interested about coq10 in the first place.... http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-60516-da-DESC-page-3-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC-category-4.html

I see you are taking Ashwagandha, i was looking to adding that to my regimen, for hair and well being, how did that affect you? if not sure about hair, then in overall well being or change in mood.

Regrowth

Back to top Go down

My hairloss battle and regimen! Empty curcumin

Post  hairdecent Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:03 pm

curcumin is awesome topically, but taken internally it actually causes massive hair loss in my case.
the most damage to my hair was because of curcumin, so be careful. affraid

hairdecent

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Regrowth wrote:I began taking the multi as well the other things at the same time, so the benefits could well be from only the resveratrol and curcumin. But the multi and the coq10 if not for hair i like for overall health.

This got me interested about coq10 in the first place.... http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-60516-da-DESC-page-3-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC-category-4.html

I see you are taking Ashwagandha, i was looking to adding that to my regimen, for hair and well being, how did that affect you? if not sure about hair, then in overall well being or change in mood.

I take ubiquinol (coq10) - but I'm (almost) 37. If you're under 30, I'm not sure it will do you any good.

The Ashwagandha, I honestly can't say I've noticed much. But it's cheap and is supposed to help with stress/cortisol so I've stuck with it. Although, I have been sleeping grounded for a few weeks now and definitely notice a difference in improved quality of sleep and less overall stress.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Also, how is your hairline growth in terms of individual hair strand thickness and overall density and if you noticed hairline descend on forehead?
Ascertaining individual hair strand thickness is next to impossible unless you save your hairs when you shed put them in a ziplock bag and mark them by date to compare if individual strand thickness increase. Then there is the problem of you dont know if you just shed a hair from the back of your head or from your crown. The hair in the back of the head would be thicker than the crown. So realistically it is very hard to eval individual strand thickness. Only way you could do it, would be to pull a strand out forcibly from an area where you have had minuaturization at various intervals several months in between and compare them.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Finally decided to join this forum after reading it for over a year and following a lot of advice from it (thanks guys).

Just chiming in here to say that brushing has really been helping me too. Have been getting some really encouraging hairline recovery with hairs popping up in areas where I haven't had hair for 3-5 years. Some of them have gone terminal and they are all slowly getting bigger (different rates). if it actually fills out I will be blown away. I have also, over the past two years quit minox and fin, changed my diet, had amalgams removed, done some cutler protocol and on and on...
Maybe it's just a coincidence that its happening now but the past 3 months while I've been brushing and massaging with hot/cold showers and handstands has seen better regrowth then I had even when I was on the pharmaceuticals in terms of hairline. That being said I'm also a little thinner on top then have been in a while but I think it'll come back in.
I'm about a a norwalk 2 atm as well, but when I shed from quitting the chems I was pushing a 4.
the other reason I think the brushing helps, is I started doing it to my face and my beard has gotten thicker and started growing where it never has. It was always only growing in a kind of "musketeer" patterns and now it's filling in on my cheeks. I started brushing there after I noticed all my blackheads on my forehead started rising to the surface and then going away from accidentally brushing them with the BBB. So I started doing other parts of my face and lo and behold, blackheads going away and beard getting noticeably thicker.

Just my two cents. Sorry for the long post!

As for what to add Regrowth, I really find my hair loves coconut and emu oil rubbed in to the scalp after my shower.

Wink

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Since everyone is so crazy about photos in the hair loss community I figured I try and get a couple. I don't have a good camera (phone) so these don't do it justice it looks more impressive in real life but as it is I think they show some good beginnings.

My hairloss battle and regimen! Img_1611

My hairloss battle and regimen! Img_1612

There's both sides, and again this is with a crappy camera. I also lost some density all over with the brushing but based on how good my scalp feels I'm confident it will return.
I should also mention that I've watched most of those hairs grow from almost invisible velus hairs into terminal hairs and many more seem to be starting to follow suit.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:55 am

hey duketronix.. i am currently on minox.. i am doing brushing/handstands/curcumin and res... i feel like my hair is significantly different than it has ever been.. ever. however, how did you stop the minox??? for the past week i just cut down to once a day instead of two.

update... my hairline is making improvements at only 3 weeks since i started my regimen. I can't comment on what i think is working the best because i started brushing and taking cur cumin/res at the exact same time.

I wish i could just forward to 6 months to see the end result... I'm not even a month in yet.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:38 am

Hey dudebro, glad to hear you're getting some results!
I stopped minox slowly eventually getting down to using it only once every couple of days and then reducing the amount I used until it was pretty small. Then I just stopped.
Despite all that I still did get a shed. It was definitely a pretty big shed but I still maintained decent coverage though if my hair was dirty (camping or something) I'd usually wear a bandana or BB cap. But seeing pictures of myself from that period I think it was also largely in my head.
After quitting the minox I found it became WAY more important to keep my diet clean and once I became fully committed to this my shed slowed a lot.
It's definitely not the easiest thing in the world, but I'm glad to be off those drugs. They gave me low blood pressure and then after years of using it I got a few heart palpitations that I didn't enjoy very much.
The more I get in tune with my body and give it what it needs the better my hair seems to do. Still a work in progress but hopefully this brushing regimen shed will yield some good regrowth.

I don't really see how it couldn't though given my temples are coming back better than ever (though not dense 'yet') and my scalp and hair feel amazing. Minox had left me with the kind of fried hair people talk about and since mine is long I would get tangles from it (which I never had in the past). Now I've lost some density but it seems to have been all the fried hair since what I have left is softer/stronger hairs that don't tangle easily.

Hope that can help somehow?

I'm also using the summer to go earthing and swim in the ocean and I feel like that is making me calmer and sleep better if nothing else.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:41 am

Duketronix wrote:Hey dudebro, glad to hear you're getting some results!
I stopped minox slowly eventually getting down to using it only once every couple of days and then reducing the amount I used until it was pretty small. Then I just stopped.
Despite all that I still did get a shed. It was definitely a pretty big shed but I still maintained decent coverage though if my hair was dirty (camping or something) I'd usually wear a bandana or BB cap. But seeing pictures of myself from that period I think it was also largely in my head.
After quitting the minox I found it became WAY more important to keep my diet clean and once I became fully committed to this my shed slowed a lot.
It's definitely not the easiest thing in the world, but I'm glad to be off those drugs. They gave me low blood pressure and then after years of using it I got a few heart palpitations that I didn't enjoy very much.
The more I get in tune with my body and give it what it needs the better my hair seems to do. Still a work in progress but hopefully this brushing regimen shed will yield some good regrowth.

I don't really see how it couldn't though given my temples are coming back better than ever (though not dense 'yet') and my scalp and hair feel amazing. Minox had left me with the kind of fried hair people talk about and since mine is long I would get tangles from it (which I never had in the past). Now I've lost some density but it seems to have been all the fried hair since what I have left is softer/stronger hairs that don't tangle easily.

Hope that can help somehow?

I'm also using the summer to go earthing and swim in the ocean and I feel like that is making me calmer and sleep better if nothing else.

Hey man,

Good to hear you are getting results. I too dropped minoxidil about a year ago and have lost quite a bit. I was wondering if you could elaborate on what supplements you take and what your diet looks like? Also, what kind of brush do you use?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Sure thing.

I regularly take eklonia cava and krill oil as well as another fish oil.
I take a bunch of stuff irregularly depending what I feel I need like curcumin (I eat a lot of turmeric anyway so don't always take it) or a trace mineral pill. Magnesium, coQ10 and some others like brewer's yeast but not with much regularity really. I've tried a ton of different stuff over the past year but it's hard to tell what did what so I don't take most of them with the intent of therapeutic effects but more as little aids/gifts for my body.

I think supps have been good for me but I think a major hurdle for my body was getting rid of heavy metals.

I did the cutler protocol a few months back (january-ish) after having an amalgam removed and it definitely did 'something'.
I had been kind of irritable and scatterbrained for a long time and it has been gone ever since. I have been much calmer. I also used to get a slightly inflamed nostril and tonsil on the side where the filling was and that has resolved since. I also have a much better sense of smell now, but I digress....
In short I think that it was an important step and I want to do another round fairly soon.

My diet is pretty clean and I think it's a big factor. I eat grass fed beef, free range/hormone free eggs, ethically/hormone free/proper feed chicken and some fish (never tuna) for protein a few times a week but otherwise I mostly eat vegetables and some fruit (not that much). I don't not let myself eat fruit, but I don't find I crave it too much really so it's just a few times a week (not counting my smoothie).

My green smoothie is the one constant in my diet and I put a lot in it...

1 green apple
fairly large piece of ginger (peeled)
1/4 red onion
1 taro root
1 lemon peeled (I use a knife and leave a layer of white on it still since I heard that part is good for you)
bunch of regular kale
bunch of lacinato Kale (sometimes red kale)
big bunch of of parsley
big bunch of cilantro
dandelion greens
Big piece of red chard
hand full of broccoli sprouts (grow my own)

...think that's it... hard to remember off the top of my head. But ya I get a lot of raw nutrients from that for sure. It makes about a liter all blended up and I have it everyday except Sundays.

I make raw coconut almond yoghurt every couple of weeks and make kefir every couple of weeks too.

Otherwise I eat lots of veggie sandwiches on Kamut bread and salads and such. But I don't worry about the occasional indulgence (last week I made almond crusted halibut with beurre blanc for the girlfriend. I find if I keep the basics going one or two bad meals a week is acceptable. I also eat a lot of coconut oil too!

Anyways you get the idea, lots of raw vegetables (or lightly steamed) as the basis and the rest as needed/desired.

the brush I'm using is just a regular boar bristle brush from the drug store. It's %100 boar britsle but the bristles are a little dense for my liking. it makes it hard to get down to the scalp while brushing. So instead i put it in one place and rub it around (kind of a mix between ferox and PP's methods I guess). I pretty much follow the ferox method otherwise only I have no moonboots so I do handstands.

I am going to start doing the scriching (sp?) though once my bone comb arrives. I haven't done it yet but given my experience with using bone with oils to clean the skin I think it'll work very well.

OH!
I also got a laser helmet a few months back but haven't been able to incorporate it yet! Since the brushing seems to be helping me I'm going to see how far it will take me until I have a chance to start with the laser (probably two months) and hopefully that'll just make it work even better!

I put coconut oil on my scalp every few days and rarely use shampoo but shower at least once a day and go HOT/COLD a bunch.

Wow I just realized how much I typed...Sorry to highjack the thread! Maybe I should PM next time.....

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down