Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Good styling product? EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Good styling product? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Good styling product? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Good styling product? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Good styling product? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Good styling product? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Good styling product? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Good styling product? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Good styling product? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Good styling product?

4 posters

Go down

Good styling product? Empty Good styling product?

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:23 pm

I know a lot of you here like to just buzz your head down, and I suppose then there isn't much need for a styling product. I wear my hair long, yet I have diffuse thinning. What happens with this is the hair looks frizzy, with lots of fly aways. This is easy to understand: where there is less hair overall there are less inter-hair friction forces on each hair holding them in place and they "frizz out" for lack of a better term, and blow out of place very easily. Makes my hair look unkempt, and it pretty much only looks good when it is damp. I'm always rolling the windows up in cars because of this. My mom was like "you did NOT JUST ROLL THE WINDOW UP BECAUSE OF YOUR HAIR" when it was hot out the other day lol.

So I got a hair cut yesterday (first time literally in a decade that I got a professional hair cut) and she put in some styling foam when she was done. It was good. It really curbed the frizz and fly away from diffuse thinning. Again, easy to understand. The styling product replaces the loss inter-hair friction with either adhesive effect or friction from the build up of the product on the hair: less frizz-look, less individual hair "fly-aways".

But there seemed to be a problem, which I think was part of why I stopped with styling products like almost a decade ago. I had an intense itch on my scalp like I hadn't had in years. Could have been the fact that when I got my hair cut they washed my hair, and I had washed it just prior to getting my hair cut, or it could have been a reaction to the product itself. Scalp today is still itchey and even some thicker flaking. Hasn't happened to me in a while. I really can't say whether it was the product, or the dual wash in one day (when I normally wash my hair only once every two day).

Have any of you guys ever found an effective hair product which doesn't make your hair itch or your scalp flake which you think makes your hair look better? Have you noticed that styling product makes your scalp itch?

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Good styling product? Empty Re: Good styling product?

Post  mistyisland Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:38 am

I like Aveda Phomollient styling foam. It gives some body and tames flyaways. Maybe you had an allergic reaction to whatever they used.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:13 am

Hm. Try mixing your favorite oil (emu, mink, coconut) with some baking soda if you wanna go all natural. It has a decent hold and shine and gives your hair volume!

Last edited by mistmermr on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 am

LawOfThelema wrote:But there seemed to be a problem, which I think was part of why I stopped with styling products like almost a decade ago. I had an intense itch on my scalp like I hadn't had in years. Could have been the fact that when I got my hair cut they washed my hair, and I had washed it just prior to getting my hair cut, or it could have been a reaction to the product itself. Scalp today is still itchey and even some thicker flaking. Hasn't happened to me in a while. I really can't say whether it was the product, or the dual wash in one day (when I normally wash my hair only once every two day).

Have any of you guys ever found an effective hair product which doesn't make your hair itch or your scalp flake which you think makes your hair look better? Have you noticed that styling product makes your scalp itch?

Yep, been there!! Hair products make my scalp itch like hell too and I figure it CAN'T be good for the hair growth if it irritates the hell out of my scalp!

I rarely ever use styling products these days, but these are some of the best you can get:
https://www.morroccomethod.com/en/styling

All good stuff, and I can attest that it does not make my scalp itch! Smile

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down