Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What kind of shampoo do you use? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What kind of shampoo do you use?

+5
rofl
israelite
blueman99
LawOfThelema
mistermr
9 posters

Go down

What kind of shampoo do you use? Empty What kind of shampoo do you use?

Post  mistermr Wed May 30, 2012 9:06 am

What kind of shampoo are you using and what kind of results have you experienced with it's use?
I use to use nizoral for the keto that was in it but it suddenly disappeared from all the pharmacy stores. After doing some searches for shampoos with keto I gave revita a try.
I would say revita is a good shampoo and seems to have all the right ingredients. I feel like it nourishes my scalp and hope that its anti androgen properties are kicking in.
I was curious as to what other forum members here use. Do chime in.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

What kind of shampoo do you use? Empty Re: What kind of shampoo do you use?

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 30, 2012 9:10 am

^ saw nizoral in the walmart next to rogain when i was there last time. there is another (antidandruff) which outperformed niz on all but one measure. mpbresearch talks about it.

unfourtunately i havent got around to switching from head and shoulders. my dad bought like a case of it for really cheap and ive just been using that. shit fries your hair. apparently nizoral fries your hair as well. there a few organic shampoos that look good, one that is formulated for thinning hair and has like the most positive reviews of any formulated for hair loss shampoos ive seen on amazon. will post the link when i get back from my walk.

im unsure on revita. it looks like they just threw every ingredient they ever heard that had a purported effect at slowing baldness into the bottle. it has keto in it, it has caffeine in it, lol

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Wed May 30, 2012 10:06 am

I use straight up water only, Ya you heard me right.

It takes a VERY long time for your hair to adjust and it will appear kinda greasy for a few weeks-months.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  israelite Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 am

i use revita 2x week, 3x smb thiruthaali shampoo,2x amla brahmi hair rinse. its very important the shampoos i use make my hair jet black and are healthy for the haIR

israelite

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 30, 2012 12:03 pm

blueman99 wrote:I use straight up water only, Ya you heard me right.

It takes a VERY long time for your hair to adjust and it will appear kinda greasy for a few weeks-months.
I hear this a lot and honestly I don't think it's a good idea especially for people who are balding. Soap removes the sebum better than water alone. Sebum contains DHT, and left on the scalp it can reabsorb and attach to the hair follicle. Also when I do this my itch would get unbearable after the 3rd or 4th day. I just don't see any real benefit to doing this especially if you want to remove the sebum from your scalp. It's been established decades ago that washing your hair doesnt encourage sebum production either, so that argument is bunk.

This shampoo looks decent for a more organic shampoo:

http://www.amazon.com/Pura-dor-Hair-Loss-Prevention/dp/B0079R6BD2/ref=acc_glance_bt_ai_ps_t_6

in some the reviews for the one by the same company for greying hair they said it reduced their hair loss as well

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed May 30, 2012 12:11 pm

i used to use nizoral 2% 2 times weekly. now i have changed to coal tar shampoo by neutragena, i find it treats sebboraic dermititis alot better. with ketoconazole it always came back, but with coal tar stays away. The downside is coal tar is mildly carcinogenic, but they say its too low a dose, but i dont really believe that.

so at the moment i use coal tar twice weekly and a cheap organic tea tree oil shampoo from the supermarket becuase im low on money as im a student. (almost finished my medical science degree) In the past i have used aubreys ginseng and biotin from iherb, and a few other of there natural shampoos. i have also used revita but i didnt like it because it gummed up my hair so bad nothing would get it out, and residue kept building up for this i eventually used baking soda which works amazingly well to clean hair.

i find alternating chemical shampoos (because nothing else seems to work for my sebborraic dermititis) and organic shampoos, to be very effective and with the right combinations i can treat many mpb angles.

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 pm

blueman99 wrote:I use straight up water only, Ya you heard me right.

Same here, I'm probably near 2 months of using only water on my hair. I will probably never use shampoo ever again, save money and don't really need it. My mum commented recently that my hair wasn't as shiny as it used to be, although she has never commented it looked greasy or needs a wash, which she sometimes used to say after a couple of days without the shampoo.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Anxious1 wrote:i used to use nizoral 2% 2 times weekly. now i have changed to coal tar shampoo by neutragena, i find it treats sebboraic dermititis alot better. with ketoconazole it always came back, but with coal tar stays away. The downside is coal tar is mildly carcinogenic, but they say its too low a dose, but i dont really believe that.

so at the moment i use coal tar twice weekly and a cheap organic tea tree oil shampoo from the supermarket becuase im low on money as im a student. (almost finished my medical science degree) In the past i have used aubreys ginseng and biotin from iherb, and a few other of there natural shampoos. i have also used revita but i didnt like it because it gummed up my hair so bad nothing would get it out, and residue kept building up for this i eventually used baking soda which works amazingly well to clean hair.

i find alternating chemical shampoos (because nothing else seems to work for my sebborraic dermititis) and organic shampoos, to be very effective and with the right combinations i can treat many mpb angles.

brushing vigorously with boar bristle helps me. ive went thru the rounds with the salycillic acid shampoos, the coal tar, pyrithone zinc, etc. brushing helped me a lot. adding coconut oil help as well. havent really had any intense itch lately. cant leave the oil in during the day tho, that shit makes the hair more transparent and shows the scalp more lol

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  israelite Wed May 30, 2012 1:33 pm

black caster oil+ parachute ayurvedic oil, and almond oil added thickness to hair shaft

israelite

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 am

Has anyone had experience with any sort of shower filter to filter out the fluoride and other chemicals in tap water?

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 am

No, but it is probably a good idea to do that.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:16 am

Anxious1 - you can get a pine tar shampoo as an alternative. There's one on iherb called Everclean.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:49 pm

cool, thank you, ill get one next iherb order.

fwiw i tried a shower filter, and didnt notice any difference, but maybe our water here is already good. i guess its worthwhile depending on how bad ur councils water supply is which u probably wont know til u try one.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 pm

mistmermr wrote:Has anyone had experience with any sort of shower filter to filter out the fluoride and other chemicals in tap water?
i noticed that my hair got softer and easier to manage once i started using a shower filter, also no more chlorine smell in the air anymore when showering

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:03 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:Sebum contains DHT, and left on the scalp it can reabsorb and attach to the hair follicle.

Have you got a reference for this? Not so much that sebum contains dht but that it can reabsorb and attach itself to the hair follicle?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down