Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone

4 posters

Go down

High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone Empty High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone

Post  dreft Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 pm

I did a lab test for several hormones, I got:

estradiol 250 normal range < 206 HIGH, outside the normal range
SHBG 71 normal range (14-48) HIGH, outside the normal range
prolactin 85 normal range (53-360) LOW, but in the normal range
free test 0.14 normal range (0.014- 0.145) HIGH, but in the normal range
17-OH progesterone 0.9 normal range (0.5-2) kind of LOW, but in the normal range

I understood SHBG is increased by high estradiol, but why do I have high estradiol?
I know I can take DIM to lower estradiol, but I don't understand why it is elevated in the first place. Is there any way one can figure it out?
If I take DIM to lower estradiol, SHBG will also get lower and free test higher?...this is not what one wants for his hair.

dreft

Back to top Go down

High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone Empty Re: High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone

Post  987 Thu May 24, 2012 11:52 pm

mihai wrote:I did a lab test for several hormones, I got:

estradiol 250 normal range < 206 HIGH, outside the normal range
SHBG 71 normal range (14-48) HIGH, outside the normal range
prolactin 85 normal range (53-360) LOW, but in the normal range
free test 0.14 normal range (0.014- 0.145) HIGH, but in the normal range
17-OH progesterone 0.9 normal range (0.5-2) kind of LOW, but in the normal range

I understood SHBG is increased by high estradiol, but why do I have high estradiol?
I know I can take DIM to lower estradiol, but I don't understand why it is elevated in the first place. Is there any way one can figure it out?
If I take DIM to lower estradiol, SHBG will also get lower and free test higher?...this is not what one wants for his hair.

Out of curiosity what did it cost you to run these tests, and did you not want dht tested?

Back to top Go down

High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone Empty Re: High estradiol, SHBG, free testosterone

Post  AS54 Fri May 25, 2012 12:38 am

Well that all depends on what you believe about hormones and hair. I've known men with full heads of hair with extremely high testosterone levels (my younger brother, damn him) while I, with low-normal testosterone and high estrogen, am experiencing diffuse thinning. The hormonal picture of hair loss is puzzling, and it has alot more to do with you personally and the state of your own immune system than it does with the hormones objectively, the problem isn't with the hormones, but how you react to them.

As for the estradiol, it does cause problems when it is out of range like that and you should try to lower it, but do so under supervision and take it slowly. I have posted here before about using DIM to lower estrogen and I used it pretty aggressively, and I went two weeks with zero libido and just felt completely "off". These things are touchy. If I were to try and manage my estrogen now, I would focus much more on correcting my diet, losing excess body fat, correcting my n-3 to n-6 fat ratio, consuming healthy fats like coconut oil and grass-fed butter, doing heavy resistance training, correcting gut flora (almost always have a role in excess estrogen), bitters for the liver, and perhaps calcium d-glucarate, and obviously minimizing inflammatory foods (grains).

Essentially just trying to lower physiological stress from inflammation which will always decrease leptin sensitivity (put on more fat and more aromatase, bye bye testosterone, hello estrogen), and also increase cortisol (perhaps testosterone's biggest antagonist).
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Fri May 25, 2012 9:06 am

J987 wrote:
Out of curiosity what did it cost you to run these tests, and did you not want dht tested?

About 50$ all of them, but I live in an small eastern European country where prices are different from what you have in USA, I guess. I didn't do DHT since it costs two times as much as all the other test taken together, and I've read it is not that accurate.

anthonyspencer54 - thanks a lot for your advice!

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri May 25, 2012 9:13 am

some have used topical estradiol in combating MPB but I am not sure about having it high in your system

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down