Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG.

+9
RobHealthMan
Paradox
Odysseus
tao81
Misirlou
j87x
gutted
Gibson
misterE
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. Empty Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG.

Post  misterE Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:32 am

Ketoconazole (the active ingredient in nizoral shampoo) displaces both DHT and estradiol from SHBG [1]! Could this be the secret to MPB?

"Ketoconazole selectively displaced steroids from serum-binding
globulins. Dihydrotestosterone and estradiol binding to sex hormone-binding globulin were inhibited by ketoconazole."

[1] Ketoconazole Inhibition of Testicular Secretion of Testosterone and Displacement of Steroid Hormones from Serum Transport Proteins.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. Empty Re: Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG.

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 am

Keto Shampoo or Keto Oral ?

Back to top Go down

Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. Empty Re: Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG.

Post  Gibson Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 am

Definitely not Keto oral. I am using Keto foam. As far as I can tell: that is the way to go.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  gutted Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 am

Gibson wrote:Definitely not Keto oral. I am using Keto foam. As far as I can tell: that is the way to go.

where do you get keto foam from?

gutted

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:10 am

It's RX only: you need a script from a doctor:

http://www.extina.com/

But I have only used it for three days, so I cannot provide a testimonial yet, just going by my impression, based on my experience with all of the other forms of topical keto.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Gibson wrote:It's RX only: you need a script from a doctor:

http://www.extina.com/

But I have only used it for three days, so I cannot provide a testimonial yet, just going by my impression, based on my experience with all of the other forms of topical keto.

Do you use it every day?
Do you wash it out or leave it in?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 am

I use it twice a day. Morning and evening. I apply it after Adenogen. And I leave it in.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Is this new info, or has this been around for years? Ketoconazol has always been known to treat hairloss, but I've never read the mechanism of it, it was like no one knew how it worked.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 am

j87x wrote:Is this new info, or has this been around for years? Ketoconazol has always been known to treat hairloss, but I've never read the mechanism of it, it was like no one knew how it worked.

I'm guessing that it is old news considering that the company that makes it has to test it and understand how it works. To be honest when I first figured out how ketoconazole worked I was amazed: displacing both DHT and estradiol from SHBG, and displaces corticosterone from CBP (corticosteroid-binding-protein) thus increasing their metabolic clearance rate! Plus I believe that the anti-fungal properties of ketoconazole help a lot too.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:14 am

(BUMP)
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:28 am

No systematic absorption? No sides? Is it available as generic foam?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:40 am

No systematic absorption? No sides? Is it available as generic foam?
keto is absorbed systemic, can damage the liver and it´s available as generic foam.
I don´t like keto and i think it is more dangerous than mot think. def not a godd idea to use it everyday as a topical.

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:40 am

There's been several studies done showing increased hair growth and hair thickness.

On a side note, I want to tell you about my experience with Revita shampoo. I ordered the product

when I discovered that it contained 1% ketoconazol. It also contains a gazillion other ingredients

known to be helpful for hair loss. After two days, I developed a thick, almost crusty line down

the center of my head. I've never had an oily scalp, it's usually on the dry side. For some reason

Revita seemed to cause a huge amount of oiliness, particularly on the top my head. I literally

couldn't pull a brush through that area. It also to caused the hair fibers to clump togeter, which

may give a thickening effect for some, but for me made parts of the scalp to show through.

I've switched back to Aubry, Avalon, and plain Nizoral shampoos and the weird crusty, oily feeling has

dissipated. Anybody else have this experience with Revita?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:21 am

I really think it is interesting to note that ketoconazole is also an anti-estrogen, considering it displaces estradiol from SHBG. Does anyone else find this just absolutely fascinating?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:59 am

I've been using nizoral for two months, as for keeping my scalp nice and soft and dandruff / hard sebum chunk free, it's great. I think it's Niz 3%? where as Nizoral 5% is Rx strength. Why the heck isn't everybody using this? I really mean that as a question, if the study MisterE mentioned above was correct than this really is an amazing addition to ones regimen.... so why isn't it being put on a pedistal? I really would like Caustic's opinion on this one.

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:09 am

action<reaction wrote: I really would like Caustic's opinion on this one.

Me too! That would be interesting!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:21 am

"Ketoconazole is very lipophilic, which leads to accumulation in fatty tissues. The less toxic and more effective triazole compounds fluconazole and itraconazole have largely replaced ketoconazole for internal use. Ketoconazole is best absorbed at highly acidic levels, so antacids or other causes of decreased stomach acid levels will lower the drug's absorption when taken orally. Absorption can be increased by taking it with an acidic beverage, such as Coca-Cola

ketoconazole is an androgen receptor antagonist, competing with androgens such as testosterone and DHT for androgen receptor binding. This effect is thought to be quite weak, even with high oral doses of ketoconazole

As dihydrotestosterone (DHT) has been found to be the trigger and ongoing factor of male pattern baldness (MPB), ketoconazole's androgen receptor antagonist activity against this hormone in the hair follicles of the scalp is likely to be the major contributor.[21] Results so far indicate that both the 1% and 2% dosages have hair loss benefits; however, the more potent 2% formulation could have better results. Excessive usage of either formulation has not been shown to produce better results. The results produced in these studies are based on usage once every third day and leaving the shampoo on the scalp for 3–5 minutes before rinsing, as with the treatment of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. It has been stated that medications capable of maintaining the existing hair population should be regarded as effective treatments for androgenic alopecia"

Back to top Go down

Post  gutted Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:59 am

i use niz 2% once a week, and since i started using it my itch and oily scalp has gone. i dont lose as much hair as i used to either when i brush my hair, since starting it.

gutted

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 am

misterE wrote:Ketoconazole (the active ingredient in nizoral shampoo) displaces both DHT and estradiol from SHBG [1]! Could this be the secret to MPB?

"Ketoconazole selectively displaced steroids from serum-binding
globulins. Dihydrotestosterone and estradiol binding to sex hormone-binding globulin were inhibited by ketoconazole."

[1] Ketoconazole Inhibition of Testicular Secretion of Testosterone and Displacement of Steroid Hormones from Serum Transport Proteins.

MisterE,

Isn't this counter to your argument that shbg bound testosterone is a good thing?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:04 am

MisterE, what about climbazole, does it work in a similar way as ketokonazole?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:18 am

In terms of skin permeability in the scalp, it seems it would both be beneficial for clearing clogged pores as WELL as acting in an anti-androgen fashion.

My latest curiosity is... what would happen if you injected a predetermined amount of this into equal amounts around the scalp say, once a week, or however often it would be necessary?

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:31 am

Paradox wrote:
MisterE,

Isn't this counter to your argument that shbg bound testosterone is a good thing?

No because testosterone is only active in muscle and bone tissue. So SHBG would bind testosterone to the SHBG-receptor in muscle or bone tissue only, keeping it from being converted or excreted. But free-testosterone is able to convert into SHBG-DHT or SHBG-estradiol, which is bad because SHBG will bind DHT or estradiol to places like the prostate or sebaceous glands. In this case you want to increase free-estrogen and free-DHT, because only free-hormones can be excreted from the body and you want testosterone tightly bound to SHBG that way it doesn't get converted or excreted.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:40 am

Misirlou wrote:MisterE, what about climbazole, does it work in a similar way as ketokonazole?

I don't know much about climbazole. But I did some quick research on it. It's an anti-fungal just like ketoconazole. Also the chemical structure and properties are similar to ketoconazole. But I saw no studies that showed it was anti-androgenic or anti-estrogenic unlike ketoconazole. But since it is anti-fungal, it will help stop P.ACNES, which is an often overlooked problem in baldness.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 am

If you look closer to the studies, you´ll see that PO and ZP have the same effect on hair as keto. PO even outperformed keto. I think the androgen effect of keto is way to weak for real MPB and the positive effects are due to antifungual and thus antiinflamatory actions.

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:50 pm

i remember CS not being a fan of keto and didnt think it has true real effects...not sure why..

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next