Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptyToday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
For those of you who have a violet ray-- EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

For those of you who have a violet ray--

+8
jimmyw
Hali-L
rofl
Smurfy
dadon
j87x
whodathunkit
mistyisland
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For those of you who have a violet ray-- Empty For those of you who have a violet ray--

Post  mistyisland Thu May 10, 2012 2:27 am

Do you find that an on-off switch would be convenient? I have found one that have a switch that has to be held on, but I'm worried that it might make the hand tired. On the other hand, plugging and unplugging could get to be a chore. Which do you have?

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

For those of you who have a violet ray-- Empty Re: For those of you who have a violet ray--

Post  whodathunkit Thu May 10, 2012 8:44 am

I have a VR, love it. I wouldn't want a switch that had to be held on. IMHO that would get fatiguing.

I don't find plugging and unplugging it to be a chore at all, although that probably depends on where your light socket is. I just plug mine in to a socket I can sit next to and watch TV while I'm doing it.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

For those of you who have a violet ray-- Empty Re: For those of you who have a violet ray--

Post  j87x Thu May 10, 2012 9:20 am

The kinklab one has a knob that you turn.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu May 10, 2012 11:20 am

Mine has a knob, too, but says best not to leave it plugged in just in case, even if the knob is turned all the way down. The coil inside could burn out if the knob accidentally gets turned on. Pricey accident.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Fri May 11, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks for responding. That helped me in my decision.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  dadon Sat May 12, 2012 6:21 am

I´ve got my violet ray yesterday. Very interesting feeling.

dadon

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am

I rather enjoy that deep down tingly feeling.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat May 12, 2012 9:20 pm

do u look like this?

For those of you who have a violet ray-- FullZZZZZZTVW030605084239PIC
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Sat May 12, 2012 11:57 pm

[quote="Anxious1"]do u look like this?

Heehee thats funny! Laughing
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmyw Thu May 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Do any of you think that you could cause any damage if you use the violet ray tube for to long in one session (Say 25 minutes). I know that JDP said that it will lower ATP if used for to long (More than 5 minutes) , but I was not aware of that at the time, and have now had a sore throat for a 1 week, and due to suffer from Graves disease I am panicing a little thinking I have caused some sort of DNA damage.

jimmyw

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmyw Thu May 17, 2012 9:46 pm

"Regarding DNA damage, researcher Ron Gdanski has shown, it is the DNA of this microbe, which is inside of cancer cells, that causes the DNA damage to the cancer cells. Thus, the DNA damage of cancer cells is not the cause of cancer, but rather the DNA of the microbe which causes cancer is the cause of the DNA damage in cancer cells. "

Just found this quote, as trying to put mind at rest, as my sore throat is getting worse, and it really starting to make me panic (Know it is probably in my mind). Was hoping maybe CS, or JDP could give there opinion.

jimmyw

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu May 17, 2012 11:16 pm

My understanding is that most violet rays shouldn't be used for that long b/c the coils or inside could melt. 8-10 mins at one time is the max, with at least a half-hour break in between.

Can you find jdp's exact quote about ATP? I didn't see that, would like to understand it better.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  dadon Fri May 18, 2012 12:35 am

Have you noticed any improvements in hair/scalp health? I´ve been using a violet ray for a few days now and my scalp seems to be itching more (and is dry)

I hope this is the thing that helps reverse my hair loss because i´ve been trying so hard, but all i got is more hair loss. A Ray Peat diet (which has helped quite a few ppl) is obiously not enouugh for me...

dadon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm

without self diagnose i think nobody can achieve reversal of hairloss... You first have to know what's wrong to treat it succesfull. Ask your body what needs already and save yourself some time. I've stopped mine - it's in the signature. Diet is low sugar, high protein and fat. Doing it to restore my adrenals and thyroid.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat May 19, 2012 2:45 am

jimmyw wrote:Do any of you think that you could cause any damage if you use the violet ray tube for to long in one session (Say 25 minutes). I know that JDP said that it will lower ATP if used for to long (More than 5 minutes) , but I was not aware of that at the time, and have now had a sore throat for a 1 week, and due to suffer from Graves disease I am panicing a little thinking I have caused some sort of DNA damage.

Use a laser helmet right after to raise ATP! Smile

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  despacio Sat May 19, 2012 10:06 am

Is the violet ray to be used directly applied to the skin or slightly raised which produces the sparks? I have not been able to find any info on proper use. Thanks in advance.

despacio

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Sun May 20, 2012 1:36 am

Here is an old instruction manual on the use of the violet ray. Others have said that if you put the electrode on your skin and THEN turn it on, you will not get a jolt.

http://www.mcmillinmedia.com/eaem/marvel/instruct.html

I don't have mine yet so I can't say.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun May 20, 2012 3:30 am

I apply it directly.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  dadon Sun May 20, 2012 6:35 am

The maliniak method says to not directly apply the violet ray. I personally get a much stronger sensation if i keep it an inch above the skin.

ps:i increased my vitamin a intake and my dandruff has already decreased.

dadon

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 pm

I just got mine yesterday. Is it common to get a shock from the tapered area beneath the electrode? Also, when you hold it in a position similar to pointing down to your feet, does it still work? I wanted to try it on a varicose vein, and I had a really hard time getting it positioned properly. The argon disappeared unless I held the wand so that the electrode pointed towards the ceiling.

One thing I have noticed...my hair is really "crisp." It doesn't seem to have much moisture in it. I've only used it 3 times now.

Dadon, I thought Maliniak said that high Vit A was not a good thing to take with this method.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 pm

mistyisland said:
Is it common to get a shock from the tapered area beneath the electrode?

Yep. Watch that around your ears. Shocked There's a site somewhere on the internet that sells vinyl sheaths for that part, but I unfortunately can't find it again.

Also:
Also, when you hold it in a position similar to pointing down to your feet, does it still work? I wanted to try it on a varicose vein, and I had a really hard time getting it positioned properly. The argon disappeared unless I held the wand so that the electrode pointed towards the ceiling.

I don't seem to have that problem with mine. I'll double-check when I use it tonight. Did you buy one from Leon or from somewhere else? How high did you have it turned up? Probably best to try to keep the area with the vein level and use the ray on a level, too. But I don't know what position you were in so can't be much help.

I'll let you know if mine acts differently when upside down.

I don't seem to have a problem with "crisp" hair. Nor does my scalp seem dry at all from doing this. The rate at which it gets oily has not changed since using the ray. In fact, the ray seems to give my hair more volume and body. But my hair is fairly long (little past my shoulders), so maybe that's why. The ray doesn't get to the bulk of my hair's length. Only right by the scalp. People with short hair might have a different experience.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Thu May 24, 2012 6:49 am

Whodathunkit,
So mine is operating correctly, I guess. I emailed the company where I bought it, and he said that sparking from that area is common. Here is where I bought it....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VIOLET-RAY-WAND-ELECTRO-TECHNIC-PRODUCTS-BD-10A-HIGH-FREQUENCY-GENERATOR-/370615698259?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564a6ac353#ht_1469wt_1176

This device had the correct specs, and he answers emails almost immediately, unlike 3 other places I emailed for information. It has been several weeks, and still no reply from them.

I didn't get Leon's device because I wanted the rake comb, as my hair is shoulder length. (And the way I did it was much cheaper) It was very hard to get the spec info from any of the other places on the net. I bought the comb and a mushroom electrode at Violetwanda.com. They say that they are the 7/16 size, but the electrodes fit very tightly.

I guess by "crisp" I mean a lot of body, much more than I have ever had. It lasts even if I wash and condition my hair. I was standing when trying to do my vein. Next time I will lay down, and try it that way.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu May 24, 2012 7:19 am

misty, I just turned my ray completely upside down with two different electrodes and the argon (ray) did not disappear. Kept the same strength. It was turned probably 1/3 of the way up.

Does your ray fade with all the electrodes you bought, or just the mushroom? How high did you have it turned up? Are you sure the electrode is pushed all the way into the neck of the device?

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Thu May 24, 2012 7:36 am

Ha! Thanks whodathunkit! I tested with the rake, it remained violet, but it looks like I have to turn the mushroom electrode up a little more to get the violet effect when held upside down for some reason. It is getting easier to push them down, so maybe the device is loosening up. I had such a hard time initially getting them down to where the brass did not show. It is kind of intimidating because the glass seems very fragile, and I'm not a strong person. I guess I had to exert a little more pressure than I thought was necessary because of fear of breakage. But! Success! Thanks for troubleshooting.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu May 24, 2012 7:43 am

Good news! Keep us posted...

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum