Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness

+12
ubraj
angusmojo
longhairedredhead
Mastery
virtua_
CausticSymmetry
gutted
ferox
NewReg
Columbo
9rugrats5
rofl
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness Empty PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness

Post  rofl Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:54 pm

this is very exciting as the drugs are already invented to block this protein.

US researchers identified the protein responsible for male pattern baldness, raising expectations that an effective treatment for the most common cause of hair loss in men is on the horizon.

Male pattern baldness affects eight out of 10 men and causes the hair follicles to shrink and produce microscopic hairs, which grow for a shorter duration of time than normal hairs.

"We looked at bald scalps last year and saw the hair follicles were still present," according to senior author George Cotsarelis, from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. "So we inferred there was either a lack of an activator [to spur hair growth] or the presence of an inhibitor."

Using microrays, Cotsarelis and his colleagues took tissue samples from the scalps of men who suffered from androgenetic alopecia and measured levels of different genes. The samples were taken from both bald spots and spots with hair.

The researchers found that the bald spots had abnormally high levels of a protein called Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) - nearly three times the amount present in the scalp areas with hair.

Once the researchers identified the protein, they did further tests to study what effect PGD2 had on hair in mice and hair follicles grown in a lab.

"It really decreased the growth," Cotsarelis said, adding that the findings are "completely new".

However, for the protein to inhibit hair growth, it has to first bind to a receptor called GPR44, which, according to Cotsarelis, is the target for future treatments to combat baldness.

"We had genetically-modified mice that lacked the GPR44 receptors for the PGD2 protein," Cotsarelis said. "In normal mice, PGD2 inhibited hair growth, but in mice with non-functional receptors, the hair grew fine. The inhibitory effects of PGD2 act through the receptor, so what we want to do is block the receptor."

Some compounds targeting the GPR44 receptor are underway in other labs to treat health issues such as asthma.

Cotsarelis believes this latest finding means that a topical treatment for male pattern baldness may be on the way soon.

The study was published in Science Translational Medicine.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/us-researchers-discover-cause-of-male-pattern-baldness/story-e6frfku0-1226307772394#ixzz1pzFz9UiG
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness Empty Re: PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm

From
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ardp.200900319/full

"It is believed that over-expression of COX-2 is related with a wide variety of diseases including colon, lung, and breast cancers. COX is a key enzyme responsible for the conversion of arachidonic acid to prostaglandins and thromboxanes. COX-2 is the inducible form of COX, which is over-expressed at inflammatory sites, and research evidence has indicated the critical role of COX-2 in tumor promotion and carcinogenesis. Several studies demonstrated that curcumin inhibited COX activity in rat peritoneal neutrophils and human platelets 31. Furthermore, curcumin inhibits the metabolism of arachidonic acid to prostaglandin D2 in mouse epidermis"
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness Empty Re: PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness

Post  Columbo Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) is synthesized by two distinct types of prostaglandin D synthase (PGDS), the lipocalin-type (L-PGDS) enzyme and the hematopoietic (H-PGDS) enzyme. PGD2 is produced by H-PGDS in large quantities by allergen-stimulated mast cells and acts as a pro-inflammatory mediator in allergic reactions. Selective inhibition of H-PGDS is therefore being pursued as a drug target for allergy treatment.

http://www.caymanchem.com/app/template/Product.vm/catalog/10006595

This is a pretty simple explanation of mast cells (below). So, what allergies specifically cause "chemicals" (PGD2) to be released - or is it allergies in general so any allergen will trigger PGD2 release?

PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness 334px-Mast_cells
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Good one, Columbo.

Maybe curcumin could be good for skin allergies.

Also, from wikipedia, prostaglandin d2 is a vasodilator (talk about increasing circulation!) and is responsible for the 'niacin flush'. Those using niacin may consider this.

Too many separate threads on this same topic lately. Could a mod merge all?

Btw, CS has written on another thread on the same subject, that krill oil and quercitin take care of this issue.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:14 am

Seems we need to mention AA (arachidonic acid); from the book "Inflammation Nation":

These messengers—prostaglandins and leukotrienes—are synthesized from an omega-6 fatty acid called arachidonic acid, or AA. Obviously, some level of AA is necessary so that the body’s immune system is not left defenseless. But when we have too much AA, we produce too many inflammatory messengers; too many messengers, and we have inflammatory disease.
There is a direct connection between the amount of preformed AA that we consume in our diets and the amount of inflammatory messengers that our body produces. Dr. Jay Whelan and his colleagues at the University of Tennessee and Cornell demonstrated in the early 1990s that introducing even low amounts of dietary AA into hamster diets caused a dramatic upsurge in the ability of inflammatory cells to produce inflammatory messengers. The same is true in clinical trials done in humans. Dr. Andrew Sinclair and his colleagues in Australia have shown that the more dietary AA humans consume in foods, the more inflammatory messengers they produce. In fact, research has proven that a high AA diet has the potential actually to change normal immune responses to abnormal, exaggerated ones. A study carried out in 1997 by Dr. Darshan S. Kelley and colleagues at the Western Human Nutrition Research Center in California showed that people on high-AA diets generated four times as many inflammatory cells after a flu vaccination as people on low-AA diets.
In 1997, Dr. Aldo Ferretti and his colleagues at the Nutrition Requirements and Functions Laboratory did a study that showed that people on a high-AA diet (1,500 milligrams a day) had 41 percent more of the messengers that control inflammation and platelet stickiness than people on a low-AA diet, one that contained only 210 milligrams of AA per day.
here is unquestionably a connection between elevated levels of AA in the diet and elevated levels in the blood. High levels of AA in the blood cause significant increases in a number of parameters that directly affect our health: the production, and overproduction, of inflammatory messengers, as well as the messengers that call for platelet aggregation, or stickiness, a major contributor to heart attack. In people cursed with a certain genetic makeup, eating high levels of AA dramatically leads to—and worsens—serious human diseases, like heart disease, the leading killer of Americans today.
My laboratory has just published a paper in the Journal of Nutritional Health and Aging showing that the concentration of AA in our blood naturally increases as we age. To do the study, we took a group of younger and older adults, and we fed them ordinary Western diets. The food they ate was prepared in what’s called a “metabolic kitchen,” which means that all of the nutrients in each food item were carefully analyzed and portions strictly weighed before the participants ate the meals, to ensure that everyone was eating the same thing in the same amounts. When blood AA levels were measured at the end of the study, the older adults had markedly higher blood concentrations of AA

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:21 am

Is there any possiblity to inhibit arachidonic acid?

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:32 am

Well, you wouldn't want to completely block AA as it forms a crucial part of our immune system.

Guess the trick is getting it in balance not too much / not too little.

And also getting it in balance with other fatty acids.

And perhaps eating foods/nutrients that diminish it's effect

Perhaps someone on here can shed a little more light?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  gutted Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:44 pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1510057/

Caffeine increased the outputs of prostaglandin F2 alpha (PGF2 alpha), PGE2 and 6-keto-PGF1 alpha from the guinea-pig uterus on days 7 and 15 of the oestrous cycle.

i wonder if alpecin caffiene tonic/shampoo works via this mechanism.

gutted

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:42 pm

ferox wrote:Is there any possiblity to inhibit arachidonic acid?

Making a short story shorter, all of this "news" is not even new. It's been reported in the medical literature for some time now (several years).

Yes, AA can be inhibited. How? Omega-3 fatty acids.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Could this be the binding between TCM theory of weak kidneys, post orgasmic illness syndrome and western science? And also why some have found success with abstaining from ejaculation to preserve hair?

Doesn't ejaculation release prostaglandins, and if these might increase inflammation, that may be a connection?

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:45 am

virtua_ wrote:Could this be the binding between TCM theory of weak kidneys, post orgasmic illness syndrome and western science? And also why some have found success with abstaining from ejaculation to preserve hair?

Doesn't ejaculation release prostaglandins, and if these might increase inflammation, that may be a connection?

The ejaculation theory probably has more to do with prolactin release.

The prostaglandin factor is more related to a situation where most of the Omega-6 consumed in the diet is refined (processed), and heated and instead of being anti-inflammatory in its natural state (unrefined and uncooked), is pro-inflammatory.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

PGD2 proven to be implicated as a cause of baldness Empty Stupid, white, bald men

Post  Mastery Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 am

CS is right. Most men unwittingly eat a bunch of cooked oils, which of course is assanine and leads to baldness.

Duh!

I went to buy some chicken salad at the store today, and - guess what... it is not even made there but comes in a box. When I read the ingredients I was horrified. I mean, I put this in my mouth last night...

In simplest terms, history will look back at all of this and wonder how could they have been so STUPID....

The depressing part is once you understand it all, you have years of regrowth to pull off... and THAT is not stupid stuff, but hard stuff.

WESTON PRICE had it down... Stupid, bald, white man's civilization

M

Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 am

virtua_ wrote:Could this be the binding between TCM theory of weak kidneys, post orgasmic illness syndrome and western science? And also why some have found success with abstaining from ejaculation to preserve hair?

Kidneys = hair. No need to worry about cuming.

You need great kidneys, period. How? - (i) eat & drink perfect, (ii) reflexology or acupuncture, (iii) eat warm, root veggies, (iv) go to bed early and (v) avoid women!!! (instead fuck a lady)
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 am

Mastery wrote:Kidneys = hair. No need to worry about cuming.

You need great kidneys, period. How? - (i) eat & drink perfect, (ii) reflexology or acupuncture, (iii) eat warm, root veggies, (iv) go to bed early and (v) avoid women!!! (instead fuck a lady)

But excessive ejaculation can lead to weak kidneys per TCM?

I have been diagnosed with bad kidneys (both yin and yang both primarily yang) and liver (liver fire I believe?), how do one go to rectify this?

Acupuncture didn't really do it for me.

When you say avoid women, fuck a lady, I guess you mean to have a steady partner and only have sex with her, right, which seems like good advice, as there is an energy exchange I believe and love can help mitigate the problem.

Do you do any sort of semen retention of not cuming every time?

I got CFS on top of this now after an infection I got while in Asia, but I believe it might also be due to the immune system being weak after years of weak kidneys and liver...

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  longhairedredhead Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:13 am

virtua_ wrote:
I've read the same thing.

I have been diagnosed with bad kidneys (both yin and yang both primarily yang) and liver (liver fire I believe?), how do one go to rectify this?

How many acupuncture sessions did you have before concluding it didn't do it for you? For me it took three treatmens before I started noticing results from acupuncture.

longhairedredhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:09 am

Weak kidneys NEED to be reapaired in a holistic manner.

1. Stress management
2. Refexology or Acupuncture (good TCM will very much help heal your kidneys)
3. NIce cooked stews (no cooked oil)
4. Drink FIJI or Icelandic water (both high ph,alkaline) with a squeezed lemon in it every night and monring before you go to bed
5. By the Ph Miracle
6. Chelate with Morningstar Mineral 77 Immune Boost.
7. REST - Kidney weakness = exhaustion

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 am

virtua_ wrote:
Mastery wrote:Kidneys = hair. No need to worry about cuming.

When you say avoid women, fuck a lady, I guess you mean to have a steady partner and only have sex with her, right, which seems like good advice, as there is an energy exchange I believe and love can help mitigate the problem.

Do you do any sort of semen retention of not cuming every time?

I got CFS on top of this now after an infection I got while in Asia, but I believe it might also be due to the immune system being weak after years of weak kidneys and liver...

I agree with Mastery, kidney health is very important. I do not believe it is necessary to be celibate or withhold from organism. If the underlying problem is corrected, sex is not a problem. After all, the point of having good hair has at least partly to do with maximizing sexual performance on a mental level.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  angusmojo Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:24 pm

According to the GPR44 wikipedia page, indomethacin is a proven blocker of GPR44 receptor:
"""
Hirai H, Tanaka K, Takano S et al (2002). "Cutting edge: agonistic effect of indomethacin on a prostaglandin D2 receptor, CRTH2". J. Immunol. 168 (3): 981–5. PMID 11801628.
"""
The full study

As indomethacin is widely available in topical or gel for pain relief treatment, why not testing it?

angusmojo

Back to top Go down

Post  angusmojo Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Caustic, any thought on this possible candidate for CRTH2 aka GPR44 blocker?

angusmojo wrote:According to the GPR44 wikipedia page, indomethacin is a proven blocker of GPR44 receptor:
"""
Hirai H, Tanaka K, Takano S et al (2002). "Cutting edge: agonistic effect of indomethacin on a prostaglandin D2 receptor, CRTH2". J. Immunol. 168 (3): 981–5. PMID 11801628.
"""
The full study

As indomethacin is widely available in topical or gel for pain relief treatment, why not testing it?

angusmojo

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:25 am

It can be dangerous and lead to some serious problems eventually, would not ever advise it.

Would seek a non-drug route, such as Quercetin.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 am

virtua_ wrote:I got CFS on top of this now after an infection I got while in Asia,

Did you get a vaccination before you went to Asia?

Thanks.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:08 am

rdkml wrote:
virtua_ wrote:I got CFS on top of this now after an infection I got while in Asia,

Thanks.

I think I've got mild cfs and chronic brain fog and had a lot of vaccinations in the past. Any tips of how to correct things?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 am

rdkml wrote:

Thanks.

Yes, after family pestered me about taking it I did, but only the one, Hepatitis A. Also took drinking vaccine, Dukoral.

I did have that in the back of my mind, perhaps this triggered it?

A orthomolecular doctor who uses EAV diagnosis found there were a lot of problems of old vaccines etc. and is treating me for it, while a healer says I had extremely low energy due to toxins in the air from childhood on, which culminated in Asia...

These things might have helped a bit but I still feel quite lethargic, even though both the doctor and the healer said I'm soon well... Feel like there must be a missing piece of the puzzle somewhere!

Started taking D-Ribose today after I read that it may kickstart the energy production in individuals with CFS, as they may have mitochondrial damage?

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 am

virtua_ wrote:I did have that in the back of my mind, perhaps this triggered it?

Yeah, I'd bet money on it. IMO, not always of course but vaccinations in general are one of the worst things one can do. In the future, if you're ever worried about catching some ailment because of traveling, it's best to take something like high dose Green Tea/EGCG and some other supplements.

tooyoung,

I really don't know of any easy way to reverse the problems from vaccination (immune suppression) other than general recommendations of chelation/detox, kill pathogens, mold mitigation and correct damage through supplements, etc..

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next