Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology? similar benefits?

2 posters

Go down

Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? Empty Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology? similar benefits?

Post  joetr Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:28 am

My new gym offers unlimited "red light therapy" (for an extra $10/mo), and I'm wondering if it's anything like the technology used in the laser helmets or if it would give any similar benefits of a laser helmet. I have been thinking about a laser helmet recently but really don't want to invest the $ right now.

It obviously seems like its promoted more for women and skin beauty (it's called the Beauty Angel), but they say it stimulates collagen and elastin production and rejuventation, and it can increase circulation and detoxification. The device looks like a stand-up tanning bed with long tube-like bulbs. They recommend using it for 12 minutes per session, 3 times per week for at least 3 months.

I found this description online:
"The Beauty Angel uses red light energy (non-UV) wavelengths in the 600–700 nm range to activate the body's own Photo Rejuvenation process to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, firm the skin and improve the body's overall appearance. The skin's permeability also increases, improving the effect of skin care products and allowing active ingredients to penetrate deeper. Red light energy is one of the few ways to gently and effectively reduce the signs of aging and is the ideal choice for anybody who is looking for a natural, noninvasive way to improve the condition of their skin."

What do you think... Does it sound like it would be worth the time and the extra few dollars to use it for hair-related benefits? Or is it way different from the laser helmet concept? They let me try it once, and the main thing I noticed afterward was my face looked a little flushed/red. It was also very bright inside and I felt a little energized and somewhat of a mood boost.

joetr

Back to top Go down

Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? Empty Re: Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology? similar benefits?

Post  nidhogge Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 am

Hey joetr--

Yes, they are similar. Red Light Therapy utilizes LEDs, however, which are weaker. It will still yield some results, though I'm not sure how much for hair. I do know that it is quite effective for skin, and actually purchased a 2-month subscription for the lady to a local red light therapy place. Well worth the $10/mo, IMO.

Hope that helps a bit.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology?  similar benefits? Empty Re: Red Light Therapy vs. Laser Helmet -- is it similar technology? similar benefits?

Post  joetr Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks Nid. I'll probably give it a try since the cost is pretty low and to see if it helps some small eczema patches on my hand and arm.
Is it recommended to use a topical on my scalp before or after getting the red light therapy?
Also, I'm guessing it's hard to quantify, but how much more powerful would a laser helmet be compared to the red light therapy. I just don't want to waste too much time with this if its too weak to have an effect on my hair.

joetr

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Hey joetr--

No problem man. I can't answer how much more effective, that'd be something that you'd probably want to e-mail Dr. Maricle about. If you private message me, I can provide you his e-mail!

I would apply a topical before utilizing the LED treatment (or a laser treatment for that matter).

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  joetr Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am

Thanks. I was considering ordering Rejuveplex -- Would that be a good topical to apply beforehand?

Are there other specific topicals you would recommend to use with the LED/Red Light Therapy --- either instead of Rejuveplex or to start using right away in the meantime?

joetr

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:39 pm

joetr--

RejuvePlex would work well prior to LLLT, though I feel that topicals in general are amplified by using LLLT shortly after application. This was a discussion that I had over the phone with Dr. Maricle a couple of years back, and while I can't remember the exact technical explanation, I believe it had to do with what LLLT does for bloodflow (engorges arteries with blood, therefore increasing the amount of nutrients that can be transported to and fro).

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down