Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS

+2
CausticSymmetry
6 posters

Go down

acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS Empty acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS

Post  2560 Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:08 am

Hi CS,

As you know your regimen calls for 3000mg of ALC per day. I originally took 3 x 1000mg but after awhile it seemed I had increased hair shedding (overall shedding, not temple, etc), so I moved down to 1000mg per day. Of course I would like to do the 3g per day along with the 300mg ALA etc. I have read that ALC above 2g per day blocks action of T3/T4 at thyroid target tissues, other readings suggest ALC only reduces hyperthyroid conditions, but will not affect regular individuals. In my case I take Amrour thyoid 1&1/2 grains for years, am considering after iodine test to do Iodoral. So perhaps I am more sensitive to ALC blocking actions of T3/T4?? Any thoughts ?? and of course, thank you.

Back to top Go down

acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS Empty Re: acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:48 am

2560 - Great point. Yes, actually you can take just 1,000 and that would be A-OK.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS Empty Re: acetyl-l-carnitine thyroid question - to CS

Post  GoodThings Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:11 pm

CS-How does taking ALC affect people with hypothyroid? I read that it's harmful? How? I'm taking the combo by the way. 2 pills each meal. 2 meals a day. No breakfast. I haven't notice any side affects. So i don't know. Maybe if you can give me a heads up on what to look for. That'll be great. Here's the quote.

"Carnitine is thought to affect thyroid hormone by blocking its action in cells. This suggests a potential concern: Carnitine might be harmful for people who have low or borderline thyroid levels to begin with. This possibility has not been well explored as yet."

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:18 pm

GoodThings - Acetyl-L-carnitine increases the activity of cytochrome oxidase in the mitochondria. An anti-aging effect that does also work in a hypothyroid state.

I don't believe there is any negative effect. It's been suggested that at high doses, which exceed 4 grams would help reduce hyperthryoid. Based on observation only, ALC appears to have a regulatory effect, helping both hypo and hyperthyroid conditions.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks CS.

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:34 pm

The only negative thing I noted about ACL was that it seemed to drop my blood sugar too much. But then again... EVERYTHING does that to me. So I might just be hypersensitive.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  epdaman Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:47 pm

a little besides the subject, but then again i dont need to create a post;

I've only access to regular ALA in 250mg units along with the usual ALC of 500mgs. Been doing the R-ALA until now, but ran out, so how many regular ALA 250's do I take with each ALC of 500 per meal and day? Im pretty slim with a high metabolism, should I be taking it alittle easy with the stated doses? Im loosing weight while I should be gaining some.

Thanks

epdaman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:59 am

epdaman - The weight loss effects do not last forever--it's usually a result of getting rid of built up waste products that have accumulated over time.

150 mg to 250 mg per meal of regular ALA is good.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frow Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Is there anyone on the forum taking L-Carnitine or maybe someone who has taken that supplement before?

frow

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 pm

frow - I've used plain L-Carnitine before, what would you like to know?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down