Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate

3 posters

Go down

Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate Empty Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate

Post  ninelives25 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:55 am

Hey CS.
I have been in the immortalhair regimen for around 4+ years now and I think I have been maintaining really well.

In the past, I have always used 1GM Acetyl-L-Carnitine with 300MG ALA, but I ran out of ALC and could not find it in my local supplements shop. Instead I found Jarrow's L-Carnitine tartrate and decided to give it a shot.

Is there a major difference between the two as it relates to hair loss related applications? I understand that ALC crosses the blood-brain barrier, but does it really help the hair-loss cause better than L-Carnitine tartrate?

Please advice. Thank you, and wishing you a great 2014.

ninelives25

Back to top Go down

Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate Empty Re: Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:43 am

ninelives25 - That's a good question.

I have tested both. Also before I answer, I would attempt to see if the following link will work (assuming they will ship to NZ), because price wise they are unbeatable for ALC. I use that site specifically for ALC, because it is so pricey else where. Also, as mentioned many times in the past--it's important to take this with lipoic acid.

http://www.bestvite.com/acetyll-carnitine500mg240capsules.aspx

The difference is a few fold....one is the price. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is expensive stuff, it is patented. I have not noticed a difference when comparing them on and off. However, ALC is beneficial moreso when it comes to the reduction of cortisol. Antioxidant benefits to the brain is quite important..and any benefit to reduce stress can be a huge factor for some.

However, either form Tartrate or Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC) will increase cardiolipin levels. Cardiolipin supports the function of the hair follicle in a similar manner to minoxidil.

Cardiolipin levels decline with age along with the efficiency of the mitochondria. The role of cardiolipin supports oxygen and energy conversion. Acetyl L-Carnitine assists in increasing levels of cardiolipin. When used along with Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid, it becomes a potent booster of both glucose and fatty acid metabolism.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate Empty Re: Question for CS: Acetyl-L-Carnitine vs L-Carnitine tartrate

Post  Mastery Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:23 pm

Great post...

I agree with CS that ACL should be the staple, but perhaps you can modulate a few months here and there, for even better effects.

CS - I have the potassium chloride now and all the other components for that study that showed significant regrowth with opening up the potassium channels.

Any other recommendations for how to best do that?

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down