Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic)

+5
Silverlin
tooyoung
magic_gro
OpenUp2URminD
Decro435
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) Empty Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic)

Post  Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I just posted that in my Hairlosstalk success topic:

OK I've just written that and I never shed and I've just shedding quite a bit of hair in my shower just 10 minutes ago (karma for bragging? lol), no strong, healthy hair though (I don't have much of them, healthy hair, I mean dark brown hair, MY hair, how they're supposed to be, on the top), I got paranoid for a moment, then dried my hair and the density hasn't changed in fact, still improving day after day Smile. I put custom Vitamin B5 and Aloe Vera solution (yeah I like to play the little chemist once and a while) to my head yesterday, most drying agent I've ever tried, it was supposed to make the sebum plugs come to the surface, and it did, pretty well... well on my nose, don't see much of what happens under my hair, but I know I have Blackheads instead of Hairs on my scalp, weird I know :p. Sometimes I think I'm doing too much to save my hair, I'll just calm down with my natural treatments and experiment more safely, as I'm a diffuse, put the topicals in only on side of my hair. I've just understood that often in hair loss treatments, less is definitely more. Voila I just wanted to share my shedding panic with you, and as the popular saying says: "Don't count hairs!"

Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) Density

So I'm gonna ask you that, do you think I'm doing too much to save my hair and that in the end it could turn out to be counterproductive? I mean the topical B5 yesterday, maybe I did that too fast and didn't ask your advice, I read that it could be bad for hair, but then I remember that in a popular Belgian store, every single styling product had B5 in giant letters written on it, so it can't be bad for hair, right? Well, a lot of hair came out in my hand this morning, it was pretty frightening, when I say a lot: I talk about 20-30 hairs, I know it doesn't seem too much but it's because I don't shed any hair usually, or I don't even see lost hair in my hands, I have to look for them. But as you can see in my HLT post, my overall density hasn't changed at all. My questions are? Should I be worrying? Am I doing too much right now? I think I'm overdrying my hair and that sebum is useful to some extent. Thanks in advance Smile.

Back to top Go down

Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) Empty Re: Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic)

Post  Decro435 Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Fred, it seems you're becoming a tad bit obsessed. Try and stop thinking about your hair 24/7. I try to accept hair loss now since it seems near impossible for recovery..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic) Empty Re: Am I Doing Too Much? (Little Shed Panic)

Post  Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:42 pm

You are right in fact. I have good hair right now, I'll just enjoy life and continue my regimen. I'm gonna do a month without searching about hair loss and not talking about it, I think that will do me some good. See you in a month people! Thank you again, for everything :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenUp2URminD Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Try not Posting 24/7 too
OpenUp2URminD
OpenUp2URminD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Done. Oops, lol, see you in a few months guys Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:16 pm

i have a feeling it is definitely the B5 (panthotenic acid) that caused the shed.

it's one of the extra ingredients in the "simil zix" that i tried making... and i too shedded thick hairs after applying it!!! and i as well hadn't been shedding any hair in a long long time, and was starting to feel "invincible" before i tried that topical B5 :'( :'( :'(
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm

@OpenUp2URminD: I find Fred's posts on his personal experiences trying new stuff very useful... why do you want to discourage him from posting? :'(
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 am

magic_gro wrote:i have a feeling it is definitely the B5 (panthotenic acid) that caused the shed.

it's one of the extra ingredients in the "simil zix" that i tried making... and i too shedded thick hairs after applying it!!! and i as well hadn't been shedding any hair in a long long time, and was starting to feel "invincible" before i tried that topical B5 :'( :'( :'(

Interesting, I've been taking 500-1g of b5 a day which I thought wouldn't be too much. I thought my hair took a turn for the worse recently as well, could it be that?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:48 am

I remember reading a thread on an acne forum about B5 supplementation. Around 80% of the users reported shedding.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:06 am

Thanks decro, will drop the b5 and see what happens. A bit annoying I just re ordered it...

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:53 am

OK so I'll drop the B5 too, thank you magic_gro for encouraging me telling me the same thing happened to you, not the best way to get the built-up sebum out of my scalp, I left Hairlosstalk for ever, I was becoming really sick of their negativity there, so I'm gonna post only on IH now. Thank you for the info, magic, I took B5 for acne but I don't have any acne anymore, so now I think I can drop it without any trouble, maybe it hindered my progress a little, I don't know Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenUp2URminD Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:00 am

B5 didn't just take care of your acne, it dissapated your face too! Id def. take it easy on it...
OpenUp2URminD
OpenUp2URminD

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:36 am

FredtheBelgian wrote:OK so I'll drop the B5 too, thank you magic_gro for encouraging me telling me the same thing happened to you, not the best way to get the built-up sebum out of my scalp, I left Hairlosstalk for ever, I was becoming really sick of their negativity there, so I'm gonna post only on IH now. Thank you for the info, magic, I took B5 for acne but I don't have any acne anymore, so now I think I can drop it without any trouble, maybe it hindered my progress a little, I don't know Smile.

I'd recommend you try brewers yeast. It will be far more effective for your health then just B5 on its own.

Its great for hair and will make your skin smoother.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 am

I tried it already, but it gave me acne, so I'm still a little bit afraid of it, I already have a liquid natural multivitamin/mineral with all the b-complex in it Smile, plus I don't have much money at the moment Smile, But thanks for the recommendation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 am

Fredthebelgian - Wow it gave you acne? How long were you taking it for?

If you're taking a food source of the B complex, then thats plenty good enough.

Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 am

A months, it was pretty horrible so I stopped.

So everything is ok finally, I'm glad I stop B5 supps now, it's thanks to my little experience and the comment of magic that I'm stopping it Smile. I left HLT forever, and I feel better now that I don't go there anymore, this place is really... dangerous in fact, it almost made me depressed again, HLT on is own yes! pretty incredible Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:47 pm

brewer yeast gave me pimples too, when i had tried it.

i actually picked up B5 because i tought B5+vit-A where the secrets of your (Fred's) success.

i didn't shed on internal B5 (1mg-2mg / die), just on topical one... but i was on sub-lingual biotin while on systemic B5.

i think B5 actually helped me a lot with cronic cutaneous inflammation. even on the scalp.

i think i am gonna keep on taking B5 pills, while throwing biotin into my topical instead Smile bounce
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Has anyone tried applying vitamin B6 topically?

Vitamin B6 reduces by 35-40% the extent of protein synthesis observed after androgen receptor activation.[30]

Seems like it would curtail the signaling cascade which occurs after DHT binds to the AR receptor.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:55 pm

original zix topical = B6 + zinc sulfate

btw, where's your quote from?

vitamin E succinate seems something to look into as well... ^_^
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:57 pm

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/DOJvol4num1/original/jankovi.html

Is zix generally quite effective?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:58 pm

they say so, but i never used it for more than a few days... i guess since it's so cheap the price doesn't compel me enough to stick with it... i.e. the sunken cost is too small to consider it a loss of money if i stop using it Very Happy silly psychological distortion clown
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:03 pm

magic,
How are your soldiers doing? The ones fighting the enemy at the temples.
I'm having some roasted onions right now to nuke that HPA-axis, lol.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:23 pm

they seem to become denser and denser but not yet thicker and longer... :'(

are you rubbing the roasted onion in, or simply eating it? how is it supposed to be working?

thanks! Smile
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

magic_gro/FredtheBeligan - I'm curious as to how much brewers yeast you were taking?

Brewers yeast may flare up acne temporarily (as herxheimer reaction perhaps? most likely from Candida overgrowth) but it should subside with continued use, resulting in improved skin condition.

Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 pm

i quit it very soon after i started it. it was giving me nausea and dizziness...
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next