Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP!

+12
pancacke
magic_gro
lund
albe
a
CausticSymmetry
tonyj
Espio
LittleFighter
TransGirl
mphatesmpb
ViolatedBird
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 Empty Re: Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP!

Post  pancacke Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:17 am

mphatesmpb wrote:Did Hoppi get banned too?

It's been weeks since I last saw a thread on candida over growth. ^_^
lol!
I miss Smile his constant use Smile of the smiley button Smile Very Happy

edit: too many smileys Smile

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP! - Page 2 Empty Re: Low SHBG/low Testosterone in Young Male with Early MBP!

Post  Espio Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:21 am

Hippo stopped taking his ritalin and his hair grew back, so that's why he's no longer with us. It was the ADD drugs all this time causing his hair loss.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 am

I have no idea where Hoppi went, O.O erm, but maybe he'll return--or maybe he's traveling someplace.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:52 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I have no idea where Hoppi went, O.O erm, but maybe he'll return--or maybe he's traveling someplace.

LMAO

o.O

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 am

I'm actually getting worried about him, he was talking about dosing some pretty industrial stuff to rid himself of that nasty candida last him he was here.

^.^

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:49 pm

CS, why do you mention mercury toxicity? Is elevated RT3 a symptom of mercury toxicity?

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:28 pm

VERY important and interesting update:

I am adopted, so I've never known much about my real family. I just found out that my sister has full-blown PCOS -- the beard, the hair-loss, the periods, the weight gain, etc.

My mother, too, had PCOS and died with very large cysts in her ovaries.

The hallmark of PCOS is low SHBG, which causes a host of androgenic problems in the female. In the male version of PCOS (yes, there is a studied male version) the body can not properly metabolize testosterone, resulting in an excess of DHT and E2 while excreting androgens at a pace that is too rapid.

So, can anyone offer any advice or insight into raising SHBG? My situation seems to have little to do with diet or toxicity. I simply have genetically low SHBG, and it is causing horrible, life destorying problems in my personal and professional life. This is of extreme importance.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Low protein and low sugar diet is the only way I know of.

Do you by any chance have body odor problems?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Yes, I do. I don't have body odor most of the time and that is the problem.

I smell like a clean kid, no matter how profusely I sweat nor how long it has been since I've showered. Body odor comes from apocrine sweat, a fatty sweat that is only excreted in the presence of hormones. It is only produced around certain areas of the body. The remainder of sweat is eccrine sweat. This does not have the "body odor" smell because it doesn't have the right kind of fatty content to support the bacteria that create the smell that we know as "body odor."

Rarely, when I'm horny, and only when I'm horny (once every 2 months?), does my body suddenly begin to create aprocrine sweat and I start to stink like a normal adult.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:33 am

Here's a simpler question: is there a natural alternative to Metformin?

The RALA+ALC is not working.

I need to increase my sensitivity to insulin, but NOT lower my blood sugar. It takes too much insulin to keep my blood sugar normal, but my blood sugar is always normal.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:35 am

Green tea and celery seed extract improve insulin sensitivity. I'm not sure if eating celery would have the same effect as taking the extract?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:41 am

Thanks. I'll look into celery seed extract. About the green tea -- is the the caffeine, or another compound in the green tea? Would green tea extract work just as well?

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:26 am

The green tea extract should work just as well, since EGCG is responsible for the increase in insulin sensitivity. Caffeine can actually disregulate insulin signaling, but tea usually has just 1/3rd the amount of caffeine as coffee.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Fascinating thread.

I hit puberty when I was just 9 years old. It was such a shock to my body. I remember a sudden onset of dysfunctional blood sugar metabolism and adrenal fatigue. I strongly suspect low shgb contributed to my adolescent hair loss.

It sounds like iodine and diet are the best ways to increase shgb levels?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:16 am

ViolatedBird wrote:CS, why do you mention mercury toxicity? Is elevated RT3 a symptom of mercury toxicity?

Reverse T3 is almost always indicative of heavy metals.

Regarding SHBG and PCOS. Iodine will fix this.

Also green tea is a good idea. Anything that improve glucose tolerance will normalize SHBG.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:36 am

Could it be lead? I remember working as a house painter in my teenage years -- one of my duties was sanding leaded paint off of window sills. I only did it for a few weeks, but I remember that my lungs hurt.

I also used to eat daily canned tuna in my late teens, before I knew about the mercury content.

Are either of things things enough to trigger such a response?

Also, any specific dose of iodine that I should be shooting for? Perhaps an unusually high amount due to my problems? I have Iosol as well as "Prolamine Iodine" (given to me by a health practicioner.)

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:37 am

ViolatedBird wrote:Could it be lead? I remember working as a house painter in my teenage years -- one of my duties was sanding leaded paint off of window sills. I only did it for a few weeks, but I remember that my lungs hurt.

I also used to eat daily canned tuna in my late teens, before I knew about the mercury content.

Are either of things things enough to trigger such a response?

Also, any specific dose of iodine that I should be shooting for? Perhaps an unusually high amount due to my problems? I have Iosol as well as "Prolamine Iodine" (given to me by a health practicioner.)

The dentist is far more detrimental, mercury wise than eating tuna. Much of the mercury in fish is bound to selenium. Lead exposure is virtually impossible to avoid and it's likely that is a problem.

Would look into a heavy metal detox.

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/5/heavy-metal-detox

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Thank you. I will attempt to implement the heavy metal detox program.

For the benefit of others, I've come across a study that claims caffeine (not green tea) directly stimulates SHBG synthesis in the liver (of post-menopausal women.) It stands to reason that the same effect would be seen in men. The study used 4 cups of coffee per day, which I assume to be a 400mg caffeine/day equivalent. (Ugh!)

Also, Nolvadex, the SERM, has been known to raise SHBG because it is a estrogen agonist in liver.

I am going to try both of these out of desperation.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the forum been following for a while. I have hormonal issues and I figured out what needs to be corrected to fix my hair loss. The hardest part is I don't know what to do. I'm not too bright and having memory probs when I used to be straight A student.

I want to know how to correct the following: raise shbg, dhea, estradiol, free T. I would like to lower: cortisol and dht.

I read on a study about that I believe will benefit most people on here that have hair loss. It is called Soy/Cayenne suplimentation.

However it will only help me some, in my case, due to so many other problems going on. I have tmj, occipital neuralgia, ernest sydrome, bone density issues, dizzy/passing out, vomitting, heart palpatation, facial sensitvity pain, migraines..list goes on

BTW, I'm not big I'm extremely underweight.
I really hope that I can get help with my question.

I appreciate it.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:22 am

young trunks wrote:
I want to know how to correct the following: raise shbg, dhea, estradiol, free T. I would like to lower: cortisol and dht.
I appreciate it.

Quote from Littlefighter:
"Finally, ashwagandha (Sensoril, very cheap) it's a great addition to relax, reduce cortisol, raise DHEA, improve sugar levels, raise T and more."

Quote from CausticSymmetry:
"Regarding SHBG and PCOS. Iodine will fix this."

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:13 am

How much iodine, though?

It's not just PCOS. Low SHBG is key to premature hairloss. SHBG binds to DHT more than anything else and regulates how active it is in the body. No matter your level of DHT, if you have low SHBG, DHT could be TWICE as active in your body, so even a low level of DHT could be a lot worse than you think with respect to being a catalyst for hair loss.

Studies have also called SHBG the primary proitien responsible for blood lipid balance.

Everyone at this board should have their SHBG checked. I'll bet there are a lot more people here with clinically low SHBG than realize it.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 am

young trunks wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the forum been following for a while. I have hormonal issues and I figured out what needs to be corrected to fix my hair loss. The hardest part is I don't know what to do. I'm not too bright and having memory probs when I used to be straight A student.

I read on a study about that I believe will benefit most people on here that have hair loss. It is called Soy/Cayenne suplimentation.

However it will only help me some, in my case, due to so many other problems going on. I have tmj, occipital neuralgia, ernest sydrome, bone density issues, dizzy/passing out, vomitting, heart palpatation, facial sensitvity pain, migraines..list goes on

BTW, I'm not big I'm extremely underweight.
I really hope that I can get help with my question.

I appreciate it.

Sounds like low thyroid function, please read the following:

http://healthyfixx.com/10/the-hidden-reason-you-cant-lose-weight

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/6/fixxing-your-thyroid

The soy/cayenne mixture only compensates for low IGF-1, which can be a factor in failure for androgen blockade therapy to work. In any event, there are perhaps more safe ways to improve IGF-1, because cayenne can actually stimulate hair loss if the wrong dose is used.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:10 am

ViolatedBird - There is no correct dose for iodine, it has to be individually assessed. Would recommend to start small and gradually increase the dosage to at least 12.5 milligrams.

Improving glucose metabolism will also go a long way to normalize SHBG.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Sounds like low thyroid function, please read the following:

http://healthyfixx.com/10/the-hidden-reason-you-cant-lose-weight

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/6/fixxing-your-thyroid

The soy/cayenne mixture only compensates for low IGF-1, which can be a factor in failure for androgen blockade therapy to work. In any event, there are perhaps more safe ways to improve IGF-1, because cayenne can actually stimulate hair loss if the wrong dose is used.

What are the safer ways to increase IGF-1? Mine is low. My IGFBP-3 is low, too. I have started been eating 6g cayenne plus taking soy isoflavone pills, along with eating one raw clove of crush garlic per day.

I didn't know cayenne would increase hairloss. Is 6 g too much?

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2