Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla.

5 posters

Go down

Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. Empty Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla.

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:45 pm

J Dermatol Sci. 2011 Jan;61(1):1-6. Epub 2010 Nov 3.
Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla.
Inui S, Itami S.

Department of Regenerative Dermatology, Osaka University School of Medicine, 2-2, G2, Yamadaoka, Suita-shi, Osaka 565-0871, Japan. inui@r-derma.med.osaka-u.ac.jp

Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is characterized by vellus transformation of scalp hairs, corresponding to hair follicle miniaturization during repeated hair cycles with shortened anagen phase. This phenomenon is mediated mainly by androgen. Then, the multi-step molecular pathway of androgen can be involved in the pathogenesis of AGA. The expression of type II 5α-reductase is higher in dermal papilla cells from AGA and beard than those from other sites. On the other hand, type I 5α-reductase expression is relatively low. Next, hormone binding assays and RT-PCR demonstrated that androgen receptor (AR) expression is significantly higher in bald dermal papilla cells than non-bald cells. Additionally, AR coactivator Hic-5/ARA55 is highly expressed in dermal papilla cells of hair follicles from androgen-sensitive sites such as AGA and beard. Collectively, the enhanced expression of type II 5α-reductase, AR and Hic-5/ARA55 can upregulate sensitivity to androgen of dermal papilla cells in AGA. Furthermore, in the coculture of AR-overexpressing human dermal papilla cells from AGA and normal human keratinocytes, R1881 suppresses keratinocyte growth through androgen-inducible TGF-β1, indicating that TGF-β1 is one of the key players in pathogenesis of AGA. TGF-β2 and DKK-1 has been reported to be androgen-induced suppressor of growth of follicular epithelial cells. We expect that more pathogenic mediators will be identified in the future, enabling easier understanding of AGA pathogenesis and providing new therapeutic targets from aspect of andrology.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. Empty Re: Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla.

Post  act<react Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Hey CS, not sure if you've seen this (you might have already posted it, either way no surprises) but I though I'd post it here.
Interesting that DKK-1 is also upregulated by DHT, that's always puzzled me.

Journal of Investigative Dermatology (2008) 128, 262–269; doi:10.1038/sj.jid.5700999; published online 26 July 2007
Dihydrotestosterone-Inducible Dickkopf 1 from Balding Dermal Papilla Cells Causes Apoptosis in Follicular Keratinocytes

Mi Hee Kwack1, Young Kwan Sung1, Eun Jung Chung1, Sang Uk Im1, Ji Seop Ahn1, Moon Kyu Kim1 and Jung Chul Kim1

1Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea

Correspondence: Dr Young Kwan Sung or Dr Jung Chul Kim, Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, 2-101 Dong-In-Dong, Chung-Gu, Daegu 700-422, Korea. E-mail: ysung@knu.ac.kr or jayckim@knu.ac.kr

Received 5 February 2007; Revised 28 May 2007; Accepted 4 June 2007; Published online 26 July 2007.
Top of page
Abstract

Recent studies suggest that androgen-driven alteration to the autocrine and paracrine factors produced by scalp dermal papilla (DP) cells may be a key to androgen-potentiated balding. Here, we screened dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-regulated genes in balding DP cells and found that dickkopf 1 (DKK-1) is one of the most upregulated genes. DKK-1 messenger RNA is upregulated in 3–6 hours after 50–100 nM DHT treatment and ELISA showed that DKK-1 is secreted from DP cells in response to DHT. A co-culture system using outer root sheath (ORS) keratinocytes and DP cells showed that DHT inhibits the growth of ORS cells, and neutralizing antibody against DKK-1 significantly reversed the growth inhibition of ORS cells. Analysis of co-cultured ORS cells showed a significant increment of sub-G1 apoptotic cells in response to DHT. Also, recombinant human DKK-1 inhibited the growth of ORS cells and triggered apoptotic cell death. In addition, DHT-induced epithelial cell death in cultured hair follicles was reversed by neutralizing DKK-1 antibody. Moreover, immunoblotting showed that the DKK-1 level is up in the bald scalp compared with the haired scalp of patients with androgenetic alopecia. Altogether, our data strongly suggest that DHT-inducible DKK-1 is involved in DHT-driven balding.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla. Empty Re: Molecular basis of androgenetic alopecia: From androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla.

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:41 pm

act<react - Yes, I posted this shortly after the original abstract back in '08. The good news it that DKK-1 will be buried this year, because I believe I've found the answer last year, so I'm presently testing it out.

However, one recently development is AR coactivator Hic-5/ARA55. Controlling this could be another way to default MPB.

Also, I'm wondering what effect iodine has on progenitor cells.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:55 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:act
However, one recently development is AR coactivator Hic-5/ARA55. Controlling this could be another way to default MPB.

^ Interesting stuff, I'm not sure if I took it from that study correctly but DHT activates or upregulates the Hic-5/ARA55? Would it be safe to say that it's more or less any irritation that could contribute to these cellular responses?

^ Internally or Topically? Funkystumpfighter has shown some promise topically but it's a lot of work. Nano-silver and Copper Tri-peptides topically looks extremely promising though, going to experiment with it soon. Nid mentioned a while back trying to get his hands on the copper, wonder if he ever did... anyway here's some specs on the C-Tri-peptides.

"dermal fibroblasts treated with copper tripeptide secreted less TGF-beta1 than did controls, suggesting a possible clinical use for decreasing excessive scar formation"

"When injected into skin or applied to the skin’s surface, GHK-Cu activates the processes that remove scarred or damaged tissue and deposit new tissue. Francois Maquart and colleagues (Universite de Reims) have published several reports demonstrating the role GHK-Cu in wound healing.

- GHK-Cu acts as an inducer of the second phase of healing when skin remodeling processes remove scars and tissue debris while rebuilding healthy skin. (5-11)

- GHK-Cu concomitantly stimulates the degradation of existing collagen and synthesis of new collagen.

- At the molecular level, GHK-Cu aids the rebuilding of new skin by increasing angiogenesis, the production of m-RNA for collagen, elastin, proteoglycans, glycosaminoglycans and decorin, while simultaneously stimulating the m-RNA production of, and synthesis of, certain metalloproteinases and anti-proteases that clear damaged protein and remove scars. (10-12)

- In addition, GHK-Cu suppresses secretion of scar-forming TGF-beta-1 by fibroblasts. (13)

- GHK-Cu also acts indirectly as a chemoattractant for cells that stimulate repair, such as macrophages and mast cells, which release protein growth factor proteins that stimulate tissue repair. (6)

GHK-Cu also appears to function in humans as a circulating non-steroidal anti-inflammatory.
(14) After episodes of tissue damage, ferric ion is released from ferritin and catalyzes damaging tissue oxidations. GHK- Cu counters this action by blocking ferritin channels and stopping the release of oxidizing iron ions. (15) GHK blocks the oxidation of low density lipoproteins by loosely bound copper. (16) Interleukin-1beta is also released after tissue injury producing cellular damage. At hormonal levels, GHK-Cu prevents damage to pancreatic cells by interleukin-1. (17)

- Stops inflammatory and scar-forming
- anti-inflammatory
- Inhibits TGF beta-1
- Suppresses Free Radicals
- Increases vasodilation
- Increases SOD
- Increases collagen and elastic
- Increases VEGF
- Increases Fibroblast Growth Factor-2
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, protects against UV damage, reduces UV damage

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18644225
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Forgot to add this.

Is Copper Better Than Propecia(c) for Blocking DHT Production?

Recent research indicates that the DHT that harms hair follicles comes from the the skin's sebocytes and sweat glands (sebaceous glands). (Chen et al 1996) 5 alpha-Reductase, the enzyme system that converts testosterone into DHT occurs in two enzyme forms. The type 1 represents the 'cutaneous type'; it is located primarily in the skin's sebocytes but also in epidermal and follicular keratinocytes, dermal papilla cells and sweat glands as well as in fibroblasts. The type 2 is located mainly in the seminal vesicles, prostate and in the inner root sheath of the hair follicle.

Propecia(c) (Finasteride), which has a higher affinity for the type 2 form, is best suited for for controlling prostate enlargement. It also must be administered by pills that spread the drug throughout the body.

Copper ion in the skin is more effective in inhibiting the type 1 form which is primarily producing the DHT that damages follicles and can be administered locally to the skin. Sugimoto et al (Sugimito 1995) found that copper ion is a potent inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase, inhibiting both types of 5-alpha reductase (both type 1 and type 2) that produce DHT and is the only metal to do so. Copper ion inhibits (50% reduction in activity) type 1 alpha reductase at 1.9 micromolar (0.12 micrograms copper ion per milliliter) and type 2 alpha reductase at 19.2 microM (1.2 micrograms copper ion per milliliter). No other metal has these effects.

The application of copper-peptides may provide sufficient copper ion into the hair follicle area to block DHT production in the scalp. Metabolically active copper ion (that is, copper ion free to block 5-alpha reductase) in the human body exists at about 1 microgram per milliliter in the blood and less in the skin. While the uptake of ionic copper from copper-peptides applied to the scalp is very low, human experiments by Prof. John Sorenson (University of Arkansas) have found that they can raise copper ion levels in the skin to the effective level of 1 microgram per milliliter.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:41 pm

What about using Catalyons (metal ions) topically ?

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:10 am

blueway wrote:What about using Catalyons (metal ions) topically ?

Hey Blueway, is that question aimed at me? I think that the any ionic copper, especially copper tri-peptides and nano-silver possibly will have great results. I'm going to test it out.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:06 am

Posted in another thread but this is for those who missed it.

In vivo nano silver stem cell activation not only helps to dedifferentiate mature cells but also helps to provide larger numbers of progenitor cells from existing stem cells, including those obtained through dedifferentiation, ensuring highly accelerated healing and regeneration. In addition, this ability of nano-silver to stimulate all pre-existing stem cells to enhance the rate of production of progenitor cells results in an eventual regeneration of a fingertip in an unbelievably short time of 30 days. This is roughly five times faster than the unaided body really can achieve.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:44 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:act

CS

Lost of questions here. When you say "default" MPB....do you mean to stop it or bring to some baseline? And when you talk about DKK-1 will be buried....you mean more products like Renokin will come out that thoroughly cover that base?? Also when do you plan to release/conclude your test? And how much of an impact on MPB would you estimate that to have? % wise. Thanks.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:47 am

The effect of tripeptide-copper complex on human hair growth in vitro.

Pyo HK, Yoo HG, Won CH, Lee SH, Kang YJ, Eun HC, Cho KH, Kim KH.

Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 110-744, Korea.
Abstract

The tripeptide-copper complex, described as a growth factor for various kinds of differentiated cells, stimulates the proliferation of dermal fibroblasts and elevates the production of vascular endothelial growth factor, but decreased the secretion of transforming growth factor-beta1 by dermal fibroblasts. Dermal papilla cells (DPCs) are specialized fibroblasts, which are important in the morphogenesis and growth of hair follicles. In the present study, the effects of L-alanyl-L-histidyl-L-lysine-Cu2+ (AHK-Cu) on human hair growth ex vivo and cultured dermal papilla cells were evaluated. AHK-Cu (10(-12) - 10(-9) M) stimulated the elongation of human hair follicles ex vivo and the proliferation of DPCs in vitro. Annexin V-fluorescein isothiocyanate/propidium iodide labeling and flow cytometric analysis showed that 10(-9) M AHK-Cu reduced the number of apoptotic DPCs, but this decrease was not statistically significant. The ratio of Bcl-2/Bax was elevated, and the levels of the cleaved forms of caspase-3 and PARP were reduced by treatment with 10(-9) M AHK-Cu. The present study proposed that AHK-Cu promotes the growth of human hair follicles, and this stimulatory effect may occur due to stimulation of the proliferation and the preclusion of the apoptosis of DPCs.

act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:25 pm

DM5 - Sorry, I made a typo. I meant to write defeat, not default. I'm not sure yet how powerful this effect will be since it is possible that DKK-1 is not the only contributor, however it seems to be a very significant player, and the major mechanism to how it all starts go to south. If I were to guess, I think it would be at least enough to completely halt MPB, especially if some basic co-factors are taken. I should probably have an answer in a few months from now.

Renokin is certainly an option to use now, only problem is that it's on the expensive side.

A > R - I found this here on the Tripeptide-copper complex.

http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Skincare-PDF/Neova/Neova-Advanced-Essential-Lash.pdf

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks a bunch CS, didn't see that. Once I start experimenting with this and the nano-silver I'll get a thread going about it.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks, CS! You are way ahead of the curve. Cool to be here at this time and witness it all go down. Very Happy

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:02 am

CS,

Does your idea for inhibiting DKK-1 release by the dermal papilla cells involve reducing systemic levels of Lp(a)? I think you've mentioned on other threads that DKK-1 levels are associated with elevated Lp(a), and you cited a patent for some liposome-based medication which reduced Lp(a) and was observed to cause hair regrowth in one middle-aged man. Don't you think such evidence is circumstantial though, considering the effect was observed in only one individual? Perhaps the idea you are writing about on this thread is unrelated to Lp(a).
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:48 am

mphatesmpb - This method may not affect Lp(a) levels, at least right now, it's not known yet.

As far as Lp(a), iodine, tocotrienols, Vitamin C and Niacin.

What is known is that more aggressive MPB is associated with elevated Lp(a) levels.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:56 pm

act
blueway wrote:What about using Catalyons (metal ions) topically ?

Hey Blueway, is that question aimed at me? I think that the any ionic copper, especially copper tri-peptides and nano-silver possibly will have great results. I'm going to test it out.

I found a ionic copper http://www.iherb.com/Eidon-Mineral-Supplements-Copper-19-oz-563-ml/25988?at=0 but no copper tri-peptides.

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down