Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells.

+16
CF
gbp2000
GreenPower
Icanbeatthis
scottyc33
mphatesmpb
tcpratt
Yanks
Hairbeback
ubraj
Crusher
Prague
tonyj
zanza
Mastery
CausticSymmetry
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells.

Post  ninjishal Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:05 am

Thank you, CF. I guess it really doesn't say anything about CD34

On the other hand, from what I could read in the same table, it raises PGD2 receptors and decreases PGE2 receptor 3, right?

PTGDR was increased (1.4 fold change) - bad
PTGER3 was decreased (-4.3 fold change) - bad

So, it's probably not good for hair IMO

ninjishal

Back to top Go down

Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells.

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:03 am

Because palm oil isn't the most tasty oil, I just take Toco-Sorb
for this.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:22 am

ninjishal wrote:Thank you, CF. I guess it really doesn't say anything about CD34

On the other hand, from what I could read in the same table, it raises PGD2 receptors and decreases PGE2 receptor 3, right?

PTGDR was increased (1.4 fold change) - bad
PTGER3 was decreased (-4.3 fold change) - bad

So, it's probably not good for hair IMO

Thank you ninjishal, good find.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:41 pm

To the point on the the tocotrienols

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3819075/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lutz Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:55 am

tonyj wrote:The study brings up more questions than answers, although, we're getting closer to a solution.  The study points out in Alopecia Areata the progenitors cells are attacked by inflammation and spares the follicle stems cells but in Androgenic Alopecia, there is a defect in the follicle stem cell itself that stops producing progenitor cells.  From what I gather, it is critical that there are progenitors cells along with follicle hair stem cells in order to grow hair.  So is the defect a result of inflammation attack or mechanical interference like poor circulation?  And still that pesky question, why a common balding pattern, if follicle stem cells can have a defect on any of the hair follicle stem cells then why are vertex and temples usually the first to go? Why not the sides?

And what is the connection to Testosterone - DHT- _______________ -Diminished progenitor cells.

Lately, I've been working with kids all day long. And I'm surprised I've never read about the correlation between how human hair grows in and how we lose it. Working with 3-14 year olds it is amazing to see so many younger kids with an NW2-4 that fill in to an NW0 by the time they are 12 or 13. A lot of kids have sparse temples and super thin crowns until puberty is in full swing. Maybe you and I don't understand the physiology completely. Maybe no one does. But it doesn't seem to be that much of a mystery why the crown and temples are the first to go. So many babies are born basically bald, but they fill in in the same pattern that people go bald. Temples and crowns fill in last and they are also the first to go. These areas must be the most difficult or require the greatest energy levels for the body to be able to grow.

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:27 pm

tonyj wrote:The study brings up more questions than answers, although, we're getting closer to a solution.  The study points out in Alopecia Areata the progenitors cells are attacked by inflammation and spares the follicle stems cells but in Androgenic Alopecia, there is a defect in the follicle stem cell itself that stops producing progenitor cells.  From what I gather, it is critical that there are progenitors cells along with follicle hair stem cells in order to grow hair.  So is the defect a result of inflammation attack or mechanical interference like poor circulation?  And still that pesky question, why a common balding pattern, if follicle stem cells can have a defect on any of the hair follicle stem cells then why are vertex and temples usually the first to go? Why not the sides?

And what is the connection to Testosterone - DHT- _______________ -Diminished progenitor cells.

I'd say a baldness gene is responsible for diminished progenitors. At the risk of repeating myself, you only have to look at transsexuals on T therapy: some go bald, some retain their hair. My reckoning is, T / DHT triggers a baldness gene (apparently inherited by mother), which then causes follicles to inflame, and progenitors to diminish. I think this is the most plausible explanation. There are other factors which worsen this condition, but I think genetics is the root cause.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3