Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells.

+16
CF
gbp2000
GreenPower
Icanbeatthis
scottyc33
mphatesmpb
tcpratt
Yanks
Hairbeback
ubraj
Crusher
Prague
tonyj
zanza
Mastery
CausticSymmetry
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells.

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:29 am

Mastery - Your advice on eliminating oils is really fantastic advice. I feel that emphasis on avoidance of using oils when cooking and avoiding bad oils in general has probably not seen the attention it deserves.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells.

Post  tonyj Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Mastery, CausticSymmetry - do you mean avoidance of all oil. Right now I'm using coconut oil for any frying that I may do. What about the use of olive oil on salads?

I wrote about my vegan (no grain) diet and the avoidance of oil all together which caused a sort of reaction on my skin (oil skin and pimples), almost as if my body was dumping (or rejecting) whatever oils I had reserved in my body. I can't be certain, but right now, I believe I'm going through a low grade version of this type of dumping. I don't eat grains or pastas at all, only vegetables, little fruit and meat. Although my hair does not get as greasy as it use to when I was eating a prudent diet, actually, not greasy at all anymore, I began to develop a little more oiliness on my face lately.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:56 pm

CS

yes IME also the oils are crucial for MPB battle - we agree on saturated oil without doubt but i'm convinced that polyunsaturated are the worst ones (heated): poly-un -saturated means having more than one bond prone to oxidation which is worse than having one. You can develop a capacity to test in my mouth a quality of a fat (or other substance) by examining its charge and when heated and cooled it's maybe the worst substance one can put into his body (poly and mono, all vegetal oils in short). Everybody can learn it too. A good hint is that the safest oils are not liquid in room temperature (read do not free elecrons, do not oxidise): lard, butter, animal and other saturated fat, the worst one those staying liquid in the fridge

IMU vit E is nothing more than a anionic C-O-H part of the oil - harmed by heat since it looses electrones and becomes neutral/cationic, names of molecules do not matter as much as their charges IMO

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:07 am

Mastery wrote:
Prague wrote:Mastery

yes, we agree, sebum is bad - it's an indicator that your body lacks electrons, it protects its outer layer (skin) from oxidation, excess sebum = hairloss

in my electrical understanding of things the body need electrons from inside (reduction) in order to create electricity (life) since it's oxidised from the outside

the electron rich food and other aspects are what is called yang moreless in chinese medicine (certain foods, fasting)
on the other hand oxidised foods (especially oils), sulfites, brominated foods, grains without the living part (germ) "steal" electrons

foods and substances that give you electrons wash your hair from inside (remove sebum) = the body has enough electrons (anions) from the inside so it doesn't need to protect it's outer layer, skin, scalp

try to fast a day on lemon (or any other food that burns, stings on your tongue- HQ raw olive oil (it should sting), raw garlic, onion, ginger, sulfites free balsamico, roquette, acv, high vit C fruits like pineapple, etc) and observe close to 0 sebum production - comparing to the oilyness of the skin after the brominated flour, sulfites, cooked vegetable oils or anything that is bitter in your mouth (taste LQ processed heated olive oil how it is bitter); tongue is a great indicator, better than stomach i'd say

Prague - this is very interesting work, thank you.

I attended a raw food seminar today and will again tomorrow, while I agree with much of what Wolfe and Cousins say, I believe grass fed organic meats and wild fish (salmon +) are beneficial and would appear to match your words in the sense of Yang foods are electron rich. I would appreicate hearing more.

This may be a stretch for some, but Prague would you agree that consciousness can create a more electron rich environment through the vibrations we invoke within?

And hence, would this be the bridge between Mastery of consciousness (once realised ) and jdp's work with Rife - in that if one's consciousness has attained Mastery - we necessarily must vibrate health. While that is of interest, I have not yet attained Mastery of my understanding of foods and diet, as I beleive it is infinitely moer precise than we may realise. Timings of when to eat, when to harvest, and so forth. Your thoughts are welcome:

M

Mastery

I fully agree, grass fed anything's (read electron fed cows, chicken, ...) fat is an excellent food. I eat loads of saturated fat and it's my favourite source of energy in winter months and to a lesser degree during warmer months (sun gives you electrons (yang) so less need for saturated fat; also note that vit D (real one) is almost identical to cholesterol structure both being secosteroids)

the question about the relation between consiousness and electrons is a tough (but good) one: i'd say that electron rich environment makes your body more sensible (healthy) to vibrations and their arithmetical relations, sensible to harmonies among them and thus expanding your consiousness; one needs a healthy body, harmonised relations between energetical (vibrational) circuits (chakras) in order to elevate his consiousness : so indirectly yes, electrons are conditio sinequa non in order to elevate your mind (one can feel it that on an island the environment makes you fearless, less stressed, you concentrate better - same goes for food)

Prague

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 am

CS

good info on the cayenne and proton generated heat: i had the same experience, a negative one; you can correct it by adding roghly the same amount of electrons as protons (lemon is acidic and anionic both) one should rspect it: cayenne in a fresh lemon is a different story, very potent remedy

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:20 am

Mastery

jdp's work on Rife is tremendous, i always read his posts with passion, he's one of those breaking the bounds of his mind and understanding lot of things, Rife is an exogenic source of frequencies, same as music, it has a big power, i prefer to find these frequencies inside of my body though

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  tcpratt Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:34 am

tonyj:

I usually add 4 tablespoons to 16 - 20 oz of water in the morning and then I usually do that again in the evening. I have been doing this for about 6 months. There are some days when it does not sound appealling so I don't drink any at all.

tcpratt

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:13 am

And still that pesky question, why a common balding pattern, if follicle stem cells can have a defect on any of the hair follicle stem cells then why are vertex and temples usually the first to go? Why not the sides?

I thought that the dermal papilla cells of hair follicles on side/back of the head do not express androgen receptors, and thus are not susceptible to the effects of DHT. I don't know the connection between DHT and the lack of progenitor cells, though, and now there's evidence that both are causative in MPB.

I've read in the past that after DHT binds to the AR in the cytoplasm of the derma papilla cells, the DHT-AR complex causes the dermal papilla cells to release of various cytokines inhibiting the proliferation (or inducing apoptosis) among the keratinocytes of the hair follicle. This supposedly causes premature entry into catagen phase. I also read an article on keratin.com which explains the process underlying follicle miniaturization/death.

Here's the relevant excerpt:

"Towards the end of the catagen stage, the dermal papilla condenses and moves upward, coming to rest beneath the hair-follicle bulge.

Observations in both murine models with mutations of the hairless gene and human studies show that if the dermal papilla fails to reach the bulge during the catagen stage, the follicle stops cycling and the hair follicle is lost."

Link:
"http://www.keratin.com/aa/aa027.shtml

Isn't the bulge the source of stem cells and progenitor cells? Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I am can draw some connections.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:27 am

[quote="tonyj"]Mastery, CausticSymmetry - do you mean avoidance of all oil. Right now I'm using coconut oil for any frying that I may do. What about the use of olive oil on salads?

Prague is dead on accurate. Essentially using any processed polyunsaturated vegetable oil (even before it is cooked) is a bad thing for hair--key word being processed. Because during processing, these oils are placed in a caustic bath and also heated to high temperatures, so many already contain trans-isomers even before they are heated.

If the vegetable oil is found within its "native" habitat, as in already in the vegetable, nut or seed, it is safe to consume.

The only notable exception (provided it is not heated beyond 85 to 90 degrees) is unrefined vegetable oil that is pressed by hand. Most will not bother to go through this extreme to use vegetable oil on anything.

Olive oil is a fruit oil and is generally unprocessed when it is extra virgin, it is safe to use in salads.

If you want to cook with an oil, it is safer to use animal based oils or tropical oils like coconut and palm.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:48 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Yanks - There was a very small study used with a very small amount of cayenne (I believe around 6 mg) with a relatively high-dose of soy isoflavones that work through stimulation of IGF-1, but this is not applicable to everyone.

A large dose of cayenne will cause hair loss, as shown here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1602392/?tool=pubmed

I tried supplementing with cayenne back in the day, and I am 100% sure it made my hair fall out.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Arch Dermatol Res. 2010 May;302(4):263-70. Epub 2009 Aug 25.
Expression and function of glycogen synthase kinase-3 in human hair follicles.
Yamauchi K, Kurosaka A.

Hair Clinic Reve-21 Corporation, 2-1-61 Shiromi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 540-6122, Japan.

Beta-catenin is involved in the hair follicle morphogenesis and stem cell differentiation, and inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) increases beta-catenin concentration in the cytoplasm. To examine the effects of GSK-3 inhibition on the hair follicle epithelium, we first examined the expression of GSK-3 in plucked human hair follicles by RT-PCR and found GSK-3 expression in hair follicles. Western blotting with a GSK-3beta-specific antibody, Y174, also demonstrated GSK-3beta expression in the follicles. Moreover, GSK-3beta immunostaining with Y174 showed that GSK-3beta colocalized with hair follicle bulge markers. Contrary to GSK-3beta, GSK-3 alpha was widely expressed throughout the follicles when immunostained with a specific antibody, EP793Y. We then investigated the influence of GSK-3 inhibition. A GSK-3 inhibitor, BIO, promoted the growth of human outer root sheath cells, which could be cultured for up to four passages. The BIO-treated cells exhibited smaller and more undifferentiated morphology than control cells. Moreover, in organ culture of plucked human hair, outer root sheath cells in the middle of a hair follicle proliferated when cultured with BIO. These results indicate that GSK-3beta is expressed in hair bulge stem cells and BIO promotes the growth of ORS cells, possibly by regulating the GSK-3 signaling pathway.

Perhaps inhibiting GSK-3beta (Lithium is one way) can preserve progenitor cells

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:01 am

How real is the possibility of getting full regrowth in the next 10-20 years? We are certainly moving forward towards something tangible but it still seems so far off....

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:37 am

How about oil pulling? I don't see much of this talked on here. What is actually going on when you put an organic cold pressed oil in your mouth and swish it around? One of pragues old posts said that he had a theory about oil pulling, but he never revealed it and no one ever asked.

Does this have anything to do with electron replenishing or is it more like a heavy metal detox for the tongue?

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:32 am

GreenPower - This has been mentioned a few times on the forum, but might be even more interesting now, since it could offer one way to siphon away some of these neurotoxins from the oral cavity.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:26 pm

In vivo nano silver stem cell activation not only helps to dedifferentiate mature cells but also helps to provide larger numbers of progenitor cells from existing stem cells, including those obtained through dedifferentiation, ensuring highly accelerated healing and regeneration. In addition, this ability of nano-silver to stimulate all pre-existing stem cells to enhance the rate of production of progenitor cells results in an eventual regeneration of a fingertip in an unbelievably short time of 30 days. This is roughly five times faster than the unaided body really can achieve.

Edit

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Action, that explains so much, I don't know where to start. You had confirmed a long held theory of mine.

I'm currently looking into multipliers for this effect...

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:34 pm

gbp2000 wrote:Action, that explains so much, I don't know where to start. You had confirmed a long held theory of mine.

I'm currently looking into multipliers for this effect...

gbp! add me to msn or email me, I have something for you that will make your search much more powerful and easier.
purpleturnip9@hotmail.com

I have skype too.

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:17 pm

I wonder if the progenitor cells instead being diminished are being recruited along with the endothelial progenitor cells to repair damage to blood vessels like those damaged by atherosclerosis. There is less progenitor cells because they are pulled into the circulatory system somehow.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:06 pm

I think I glanced at a study someone posted here awhile ago regarding endothelial progenitor cells and large dose of folic acid, but I can't seem to find it.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Heya Action,

I've sent you an email accross Smile

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:31 am

Palm oil results in increased expression of CD200 mRNA

http://refgene.com/gene/4345

Palm oil results in increased expression of CD34 mRNA

http://refgene.com/gene/947

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:12 am

CF wrote:Palm oil results in increased expression of CD200 mRNA

http://refgene.com/gene/4345

Palm oil results in increased expression of CD34 mRNA

http://refgene.com/gene/947

Nice work, thank you CF

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjishal Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 am

So, here is the link to the study: http://physiolgenomics.physiology.org/content/physiolgenomics/32/3/360.full.pdf

Can someone quote where it says palm oil increased expression of cd200 and cd34? I couldn't find it. Thanks

ninjishal

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Ninjishal, thanks.  I never even thought to check.

I was able to find the increase of CD200 in the Supplement 1.  The link is found at the bottom of: http://physiolgenomics.physiology.org/content/32/3/360.figures-only

Here is the direct link: http://physiolgenomics.physiology.org/highwire/filestream/19398/field_highwire_adjunct_files/0/1_Supplement_1.xls

I couldn't find anything in relation to CD34.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  equillig Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:07 am

Anyone gonna start taking palm oil because of this and what brand are you going to use?

equillig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next