Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp Parasites. EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Scalp Parasites. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp Parasites. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp Parasites. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp Parasites. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp Parasites. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp Parasites. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp Parasites. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp Parasites. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp Parasites.

+14
nidhogge
H4ir
jeruslan
LA-Night
teacup
tonyj
Crusher
Nashville Hairline
NrwgnKID
misterE
medohat
valderama
brandnew
Decro435
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Scalp Parasites. Empty Scalp Parasites.

Post  Decro435 Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:29 am

Scalp Inflammation is the worst it's ever been. I was thinking about it and I have questions on it. Is there any chance that I have some parasite that feeds off DHT or sebum?. I notice that when I drink alcohol that I never have the "Itch". Also, when I first started Iodine, there was no itch either, could it be that taking either of these internally kills the parasite?. Maybe both of these just mess with my hormones?. I know there is a direct relation between DHT and my scalp itch because Finasteride eliminated it.

If I was to go about testing this theory, what would be the best way to kill the scalp parasites?. I want the most potent parasite killer, not the healthiest, just to test this out. Topicals don't seem to be that effective. Iodine was brilliant for the first week, maybe then the parasites became immune to it?

Any sense in this?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Scalp Parasites. Empty Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  brandnew Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:12 am

Im really interested in this as well. Nothing has got rid of my itching/sore scalp, and my shedding has only got worse. Before starting supps I would have 5 hairs on my pillow, now I have around 30. My hair loss only started a few months after the itching started so i reckon if I can control the itch then im going to be in a better place. My itching also started after a very dry winter in which I had the heater on 24/7.

As an aside for you decro. You mentioned you don't get the itch when you drink. If i'm right I believe alcohol increases T3 production which is often what hypothyroid people are low in.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  valderama Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:03 am

i think its entirely possible we all have parasites that feed off dht. this was an idea i first heard from a guy that used to post as dex on regrowth who many here will recall. i m personally looking at this issue again not only by looking at what will tackle the result of parasites but preventing the parasites from functioning in the first place. from a dietary perspective this means im avoiding sugars or anything that breaks down rapidly into sugar, also to deal with the incumbent parasites i m looking at azoles, azealic acid, garlic, acv etc. if there is no substance in this theory it seems to me that all anti parasitic measures seem to help with mpb anyway which leads me to think this all a bit too coincidental. there are many here who are far more knowledgeable than me, i m just working on trial and error on myself.

valderama

Back to top Go down

Post  medohat Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:37 pm

I am interested in this topic, please more information
medohat
medohat

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:26 pm

If parasites were a problem, why would the whole scalp not go bald?. Maybe because they only effect the DHT sensitive hair?.

I've felt "shivers" in my scalp during inflammation. Only really thought that it could be related to Demodex or Maleszia Yeast.

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateMalesszia4-09.html

The thing that really made me think that I might have a problem, was the fact that Iodine orignally eliminated scalp inflammation within several minutes. Maybe it killed off the parasites, which since have become immune to Iodine. Would it be that easy for them to become immune, within a week or two?.

Also, about the white gunk at the bottom of shed hair follicles. Is this any indication that there are parasites in my scalp?.

Anyone have any similar experience with the alcohol situation?. There could be several reasons for this, Alcohol lowers Testosterone levels right?.

So what could I take internally that would almost certainly destroy any scalp parasites so I can test this theory. I'm looking for the most potent internal, not the healthiest.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:06 am

I believe what happens is that during puberty, your IGF-1 levels increase, causing a drop in SHBG/increase in free-testosterone which converts into DHT in sebaceous -glands signaling enlargement of the sebaceous-glands and excess sebum production… this is also what causes acne.

The excess sebum feeds a yeast/fungus named Malassezia-furfur, which begins to multiply. The immune-system picks-up on this fungus and attacks it with inflammation.

After puberty your IGFBP's and SHBG are supposed to increase again, just like after infancy... but due to various reasons (mainly diet, exercise and environment), the IGFBP's and SHBG stay depressed allowing this to happen constantly. If this imbalance is not restored, it can, over time can cause prostate-enlargement, diabetes and heart-disease.

Decro, please read the follow study: http://www.canibaisereis.com/download/milk-consumption-acne.pdf I strongly believe this will answer some of your questions!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:12 am

The reason (I think) why the very top of the scalp balds and the sides don't, are due to the large amount of sebaceous-glands located on the scalp compared to the sides, therefore the fungus/yeast is concentrated on the scalp and less on the sides, thou I do strongly believe the sides are negatively affected as well.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Seems like a plausible explanation. What about the guys who don't suffer inflammation though?.

Also, the sides of my head are going just as fast as the top, I guess this in your theory just mean that the glands on the sides are effected like the top.

What is the most effective way to combat Malassezia-furfur internally and externally?. Also how is your battle coming along?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:40 pm

Decro435 wrote:

What is the most effective way to combat Malassezia-furfur internally and externally?. Also how is your battle coming along?.

Internally I use the McDougall-diet to control the hormonal aspect of sebaceous-activity (the McDougall-diet is shown to drastically increase IGFBP's and SHBG) combined with fasting. Externally I use Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap and Nizoral-1%, along with scalp exfoliation with comb.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:55 pm

My progresses is great, a year ago, I thought I was going to be bald is less than a year, I was loosing 300 plus hairs a day and my scalp was shiny and inflamed, however once I cleaned up my diet, began to exercise with some fasting, it stopped. When I first used the Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint soap I had loads and loads of dead-skin-cell build-up on my scalp, which I was able to comb off my scalp... I was in disbelief of how much build-up I had on my scalp! I could literally spend hours combing thru may hair after using the Dr. Bronners, no hair would fall only heaps and heaps of white sebum/skin. Anyhow, the inflammation is beginning to soften; thou I strongly believe the most common cause of excess inflammation is body-fat and its cytokines it produces. Now my hair doesn't fall out any more. I believe that hair-health has to due with scalp-health, just like grass and dirt.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:03 pm

So you don't fully blame Malassezia furfur for your inflammation?.

I see it's treated with Ketoconazole in dogs and in humans with Pityriasis versicolor. Selenium Sulfide is also used, the active ingredient in Selsun Blue, which has been used for hair loss. Malassezia furfur is said to be the least susceptible malassezia to ketoconazole.

Could the right anti-fungal regimen eliminate my inflammation?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:43 am

Try large amounts of probiotics.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:08 am

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  valderama Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:46 am

i d like to draw peoples attention to micocanzole (rather than ketocanozole) which is being discussed on various forums at present.

valderama

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 am

Tell us a bit about micocanzole Valderama.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  valderama Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:37 am

err well like ketocanazole its an azole and effective against fungal infections and loads of women are claiming rapid hair growth with it. other forums are discussing its potential for mpb. its interested me because i never heard any women claiming rapid hair growth with ketocanozole. so if we accept ket helps to a degree with mpb and there is another azole that helps women grow hair fast it seems to me its worth giving a shot.

valderama

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:58 am

valderama wrote:err well like ketocanazole its an azole and effective against fungal infections and loads of women are claiming rapid hair growth with it. other forums are discussing its potential for mpb. its interested me because i never heard any women claiming rapid hair growth with ketocanozole. so if we accept ket helps to a degree with mpb and there is another azole that helps women grow hair fast it seems to me its worth giving a shot.

Malassezia fur-fur is the most resistant form of Malassezia to Ketoconazole and it seems most treatments. Maybe this is why we only see so much success with Ketoconazole. Is Micocanzole more effective against Malassezia Fur-fur?. Is this an explanation for success?.

Any ideas of where you can get Micocanzole in Ireland or the UK?.

Any idea if Selsun Blue is available in Ireland or the UK?, it's used in treatment for Malassezia related problems, I've heard of people using it on forums with success.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Decro,

as far as i remember correctly Chattem (UK) Ltd. is producing a Selsun Suspension. Search for
Selsun 2.5%.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:33 am

Found it in my Local Pharmacy Crusher, Cheers!.

I had some serious inflammation today, tried the Selsun solution 2.5% and it didn't make that much of an immediate difference unfortunately. Now I know one application doesn't seem like that much, but I'd imagine that if it's going to do what I hope it to do then it would be an almost immediate relief.

Selsun states that it's shampoo should only be used twice a week. I think this is going to be another dud shampoo for me.

Can anyone think of any OTC internal, anti-fungal etc. that would be effective against Malassezia Fur-Fur?. Also any topical anti-inflammatories I could try?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:00 am

Lactobacillus Paracasei taken as a probiotic seemed to reduce the Malassezia yeast count in men after two months.

Oral Probiotic Reduces Severe Dandruff in Small Study
http://skin.gcnpublishing.com/fileadmin/content_pdf/archive_pdf/vol40iss11/70545_main.pdf

Littlefighter is experimenting with LP bacteria and yogurt.
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/why-you-may-not-improve-while-on-probioticsand-what-to-do-t1579-30.htm?highlight=probiotics
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:06 am

Decro,

give homemaded Kefir a shot.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  valderama Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:18 am

decro this study comes to the conclusion that ket is the most effective azole for Malassezia fur-fur:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1439-0507.1995.tb00070.x/abstract

i m just bringing up micocanzole for discussion, i m not suggesting anyone try it, although i m giving it a go myself. i just find it interesting that so many women are using it to speed up hair growth. a couple of other forums are discussing in relation to mpb.

valderama

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:25 am

valderama wrote:decro this study comes to the conclusion that ket is the most effective azole for Malassezia fur-fur:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1439-0507.1995.tb00070.x/abstract

i m just bringing up micocanzole for discussion, i m not suggesting anyone try it, although i m giving it a go myself. i just find it interesting that so many women are using it to speed up hair growth. a couple of other forums are discussing in relation to mpb.

valderama - got an update for us on your experiment with using micocanzole?

thanks
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 am

FWIW -- regarding scalp itch, Jdp posted an intriguing theory centered on apple cider vinegar consumption and a low oxalate/gluten-free diet.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:11 am

LA-Night wrote:FWIW -- regarding scalp itch, Jdp posted an intriguing theory centered on apple cider vinegar consumption and a low oxalate/gluten-free diet.

Where is Jdp, did he stop his hair loss and thus stopped coming to this site?

Didn't Jdp finally find a solution for MBP in the Rife frequency generator, wasnt that the most effective, pretty much the only thing that worked?

Scalpure has ACV as an ingredient in their scalp mud. I would like to make my own mud, mixed with a bunch of oils and ACV, even colloidal silver, anything to reduce inflammation and kill any bugs, then follow that with kefir to replenish with good bugs. Kinda involved but worth a try.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next