Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptyYesterday at 6:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response

+3
tonyj
CausticSymmetry
lawlaz
7 posters

Go down

suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  Empty Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response

Post  lawlaz Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response through CD28/CTLA-4 and CD80 co-stimulatory pathway
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1810449/

Still a good idea to be taking both?

lawlaz

Back to top Go down

suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  Empty Re: Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response

Post  lawlaz Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:00 pm

The decrease in proliferation and secretion of IFN-γ and IL-4 indicated that curcumin and resveratrol suppresses the activity of Th1 and Th2 cells. It also indicated that these drugs can inhibit both cell-mediated immunity (CMI) and humoral immunity (HI). Th1 cells secrete mainly IL-2 and IFN-γ and are responsible for CMI. In contrast, Th2 cells produce chiefly IL-4 and are responsible for HI [14,15]. Further, we also conducted experiments to measure the secretion of IgG1 and IgG2a isotypes. It is known that when B cells come into contact with Th1 cells they secrete IgG2a, but on interaction with Th2 cells they produce IgG1 isotypes [16]. We observed that curcumin and resveratrol inhibit the secretion of both IgG1 and IgG2a, indicating that these drugs act on both T and B cells, further substantiating our results that both drugs can inhibit CMI and HI. Furthermore, we wanted to monitor the influence of curcumin and resveratrol on macrophages, considered to be important cells in controlling CMI [17,18]. Interestingly, both drugs inhibit production of proinflammatory cytokines IL-1, IL-6 and TNF-α but augmented the secretion of anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10. The role of IL-10 is very well established as a suppressor cytokine that plays a regulatory role in controlling the activity of T and B cells [6,7]. It may be inferred from these results that curcumin and resveratrol may be suppressing the immune response by acting on macrophages to elicit the production of IL-10, thereby inhibiting T and B cells activation.

lawlaz

Back to top Go down

suppress - Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response  Empty Re: Resveratrol and curcumin suppress immune response

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 pm

I've often worried about taking anti-inflammitories for reasons similar to this, I am generally against taking a pill (natural or not)that does for you something your body should be taking care of on its own...

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:21 pm

None of these actions are the least bit of a concern, because there are other natural food constituents that accomplish the same thing.

The problem is they use the word "drug," which is a common colloquialism in the scientific community. They also use "suppress" when the word, modulate is more appropriate.

Imagine how silly it would be to stop eating grapes, red wine or curry with meals.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Could be important for some autoimmune diseases.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  lawlaz Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:27 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:None of these actions are the least bit of a concern, because there are other natural food constituents that accomplish the same thing.

The problem is they use the word "drug," which is a common colloquialism in the scientific community. They also use "suppress" when the word, modulate is more appropriate.

Imagine how silly it would be to stop eating grapes, red wine or curry with meals.

Well I agree but redwine is not anywhere near the potency of trans resveratrol we can get in pills?

lawlaz

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Quite a few studies have been performed using the combination of resveratrol and curcumin. Some demonstrate the opposite effect of immune suppression.

Here is just one.

Nutr Cancer. 2009;61(4):544-53.
Curcumin synergizes with resveratrol to inhibit colon cancer.

Majumdar AP, Banerjee S, Nautiyal J, Patel BB, Patel V, Du J, Yu Y, Elliott AA, Levi E, Sarkar FH.

John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, 4646 John R, Room B-4238, Detroit, MI 48201, USA. a.majumdar@wayne.edu

Development and progression of many malignancies, including colorectal cancer, are associated with activation of multiple signaling pathways. Therefore, inhibition of these signaling pathways with noncytotoxic natural products represents a logical preventive and/or therapeutic approach for colon cancer. Curcumin and resveratrol, both of which inhibit the growth of transformed cells and colon carcinogenesis, were selected to examine whether combining them would be an effective preventive and/or therapeutic strategy for colon cancer. Indeed, the combination of curcumin and resveratrol was found to be more effective in inhibiting growth of p53-positive (wt) and p53-negative colon cancer HCT-116 cells in vitro and in vivo in SCID xenografts of colon cancer HCT-116 (wt) cells than either agent alone. Analysis by Calcusyn software showed synergism between curcumin and resveratrol. The inhibition of tumors in response to curcumin and/or resveratrol was associated with the reduction in proliferation and stimulation of apoptosis accompanied by attenuation of NF-kappaB activity. In vitro studies have further demonstrated that the combinatorial treatment caused a greater inhibition of constitutive activation of EGFR and its family members as well as IGF-1R. Our current data suggest that the combination of curcumin and resveratrol could be an effective preventive/therapeutic strategy for colon cancer.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 pm

If you get sick with flu or a cold, you can take a break with them.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:57 pm

That's exactly the reason why i didnt start this yet.

So... is curcumin/res beneficial for health or not? it seems that every friggen pill/supplement out there has shown to be good and also bad, what the f...
i literally seen 10 studies where curcumin said to be extremely healthy and now it's bad?????
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 pm

looks like this study is from 2006. anything more updated?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:46 am

FireFist wrote:That's exactly the reason why i didnt start this yet.

So... is curcumin/res beneficial for health or not? it seems that every friggen pill/supplement out there has shown to be good and also bad, what the f...
i literally seen 10 studies where curcumin said to be extremely healthy and now it's bad?????

I've been taking both every day for over a year and haven't been sick once or noticed any negative side effects whatsoever. In fact, I attribute my hairloss victory directly to this combo. I will take them indefinitely (with perhaps an occasional break here and there).

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I have been taking curcumin and resveratrol daily for over 2 1\2 years. They reduce inflammation more effectively in combination than they do when taken separately.

That stated, I do believe curcumin can/may become pro-inflammatory if taken in high dosages (e.g. LEF's Super BIO curcumin), similar to capsaicin (i.e. cayenne pepper). And you may have noticed that the Jarrow brand has reduced its recommended dosage from 1-5 capsules daily, then 1-2 capsules (last year), and now just 1 a day.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:54 pm

FireFist wrote:That's exactly the reason why i didnt start this yet.

There are hundreds of studies that support these supplements. The health benefits are over whelming.

Tens of thousands of people take these daily.

I've been taking Resveratrol for several years. I've taken curcumin on and off for ten years, but did not start using it steadily until maybe a year plus (forget exactly when).

Zero problems.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:56 pm

.........And that study in question isn't even negative at all. Just the wording could be interpreted as negative. The researchers too frequently use words that are more suited to drugs. They make this mistake all the time.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down