Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What do you eat when you have to eat fast food?

+4
Paradox
hadrion
Joejoebaggins
Espio
8 posters

Go down

What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? Empty What do you eat when you have to eat fast food?

Post  Espio Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:29 pm

On the days when you forget to pack your lunch, and you have work/school all day, what do you do?

I was thinking Taco bell since their food is mostly tortilla and so has less bread than the hamburgers you get at other fast food.

Or maybe get some double cheeseburgers at McDonalds and just eat the meat and cheese, throw away the bread.

Or go to Carls Jr. or In & Out and get a lettuce wrap burger.

Or if you're at Wendy's just get chicken nuggets, 5 for $1.

Espio

Back to top Go down

What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? Empty Re: What do you eat when you have to eat fast food?

Post  Joejoebaggins Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:34 am

As far as I know, the only thing with a single ingredient in a fast food restaurant is the 100% beef patty. Everything else has a bunch of shit in it... everything.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

What do you eat when you have to eat fast food? Empty Re: What do you eat when you have to eat fast food?

Post  hadrion Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:16 am

You can pretty much get a salad at any fast food place these days. We were traveling and we saw even Subway does salads now. Most fast food places have some kind of grilled chicken salad type thing on their menu these days.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:04 am

Subway or In-n out burger (not the healthiest but burgers are cooked fresh). Mexican food is a good choice too. In California they have Mexican drive throughs all over and the food is damn good and pretty cheap. Taco Bell when I have to. Not healthy but betterthan Mc'Donalds type places IMO.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:08 am

The cheese is a hair killer. The beef is cooked in oils that are hair killers, and the beef itself is cheap as hell from horrible sources loaded with antibiotics and hormones that are hair killers.

Solution?

Subway wrap or salad with grilled chicken. Preferably salad. Load it up with all of the green stuff.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:27 am

nidhogge wrote:The cheese is a hair killer. The beef is cooked in oils that are hair killers, and the beef itself is cheap as hell from horrible sources loaded with antibiotics and hormones that are hair killers.

Solution?

Subway wrap or salad with grilled chicken. Preferably salad. Load it up with all of the green stuff.

This is one of those things that you may have to do some research on before you can make what may seem like the obvious decision. I tour a lot, so I am forced to eat fast food.

Cheese is a hair killer, the pasteurized goop will light up insulin.

Beef at fast food restaurants is not cooked in oils that will kill your hair. They are cooked in the saturated animal fats contained in the burger patty without any added oils to the grill.

The beef is cheap as hell and all that means is that you supplement more omega 3's to counter the omega-6's.

I be interested to see any info you had on the antibiotics and hormones being hair killers Nidhogge, if the antibiotics that are bad for the cows are infact bad for us, perhaps they damage gut flora. And of course this can be solved by taking probiotics.

On the other hand, the chicken that you recommended, might be one of the worst franken-foods available at fast food restaurants.

Here is the chicken from Subway:

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNutrition/Nutrition/frmUSIngredients.aspx

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning (corn syrup solids, vinegar powder [maltodextrin, modified corn starch & tapioca starch, dried vinegar], brown sugar, salt, dextrose, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken type flavor [hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil, thiamine hydrochloride, disodium inosinate & disodium guanylate]), sodium phosphate.

Now lets add in the delicious wrap.

WRAP Bleached enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, soybean oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil (contains one or more of the following: cottonseed oil, soybean oil) with mono- and diglycerides added, potato starch with monoglyceride, sugar, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, vital wheat gluten, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), monoglycerides and citric acid to preserve freshness, fumaric acid, sodium bicarbonate, dough conditioner (wheat flour, calcium sulfate, sorbic acid), sodium propionate and potassium sorbate (preservatives). Contains wheat.

I will take a 100% Ground Beef Patty over the above any day of the week. Sure you could go for a sald, but that's hardly enough sustenance for most of us.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:47 am

I really don't think that eating fast food regardless of what is in it is going to kill you or your hair assuming that it is once in a great while. I think you guys might be making too big of an issue out of it. Some people eat this stuff everyday twice a day. There have been multiple years of my life where I ate fast food and drank juice and coke and whatever else, ate tons of sugar, drank, smoked you name it. My point is that all that time I was taking avodart and the other treatment of the week. I got fat, looked like hell, felt like shit, sure...but I'm illustrating the fact that this is the extreme of what not to consume, and the only hairloss I noticed was maybe a slight acceleration. Of course now I'm a different person health-wise and I feel better.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:06 pm

Joejoebaggins - Wow, pretty revealing ingredients from sub-way. Might be me personally, but I notice that every time I eat Japanese noodles, that evening or the next morning, I will have an inflamed scalp. They're probably loaded with mycotoxins.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:45 pm

The best burritos come from Chipotle?

Any thoughts?

Chicken Burrito, Rice, Black Beans, Onions and Green Peppers, Red Hot and Lettuce.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Cheese causes high insulin secretion? Oh no, I love cheese. I figured since it is a protein and not a carb that it was okay.

I guess I'll just take some canned sardines and oysters to school and have those for lunch for now on.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 pm

I'll go to Taco Bell, and ask for no cheese on my tacos. At all places, I never eat the fries or anything fried. I only wish they would cook their fries in animal fat like they used too (before the vegetable lobby convinced the public that the worst oil for health and hair was "good" for us). Animal fat tasted a lot better with fries too.

I'll avoid anything fried and anything with hydrogenated oils in it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:11 pm

It sounds like I'm worried about the wrong thing, I'm paranoid about eating sugar and bread but I didn't know there was something wrong with cheese and certain oils.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Espio - It's really impossible to avoid all the bad stuff. Grains are probably the worst, along with alcohol due to mycotoxins. Too much food cooked with vegetable oil is another problem, and of course fried food is a free radical feast.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:31 pm

CS,

I drink very little, but I love wine and champagne and drink them in extreme moderation. I mean like once a week. Is that ok? And what about all the great reports about Resveratrol? Should I just take supplements to supply that and enjoy wine as a once in a while thing? My brother works at a huge wine company so I don't think I can say no to all the free product. However, I'm not addicted to alcohol in any way so I can leave bottles untouched in my apt. for weeks without drinking them.

Personally, sugar is my addiction and probably my big hair killer. When I'm eating fresh foods and staying away from starches and sugar my hair gets very soft and seems to have more volume. If I start binging on sugar my hair feels dry and brittle and seems to fall out easier. One thing I really think has changed from using the regimen--though it's still early on for me--is that I have to tug harder on my front hairs to pull them out. My hair feels stronger. Hope it's not just my imagination. : )

I've started drinking more kombucha green tea...seems to curb my cravings for sugar a bit and I actually dig the taste! Going to make that a regular part of my regimen since I know it helps with the yeast problem.

BTW, totally failed the spit test. BIG SURPRISE. LOL.

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:37 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Espio - It's really impossible to avoid all the bad stuff. Grains are probably the worst, along with alcohol due to mycotoxins. Too much food cooked with vegetable oil is another problem, and of course fried food is a free radical feast.

IH,

This grains issue is driving me crazy! I've got people saying fruit is good, people saying fruit is bad. Then there are those who say fruit is evil, and whole grains (complex carbs) are the best because they raise blood sugar slowly. If you are not a proponent of grains, then you must either be pro-fruit, or anti carbs altogether(?) I've got to eat carbohydrates; the body needs them. Especially when my goal is to increase LBM. I cannot build muscle without insulin! I eat a bowl of rolled oats and 2 eggs almost everyday for breakfast. I've got to find out what the deal is with carbs before I go insane. Please help me out!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:44 pm

JHarsh80 - Okay, there's really no such thing as a bad food, exactly.

Before I explain, let it be known that not everyone is suited for the same diet. Among us there are vegans and carnivores, etc. Figuring out what foods suit your individual metabolism can help, but in any case, there are some foods that should be minimized in both camps.

There are certain carbs which are loaded with mycotoxins. Mycotoxins get into the grains due to storage. These have negative effects, besides the insulin factor.

Fruit is primarily fructose, which does not raise blood sugar all that much. Fruit juices can have an effect on insulin, but generally their antioxidant content helps lower blood sugar levels to some extent. If you buy fruit juice at all, make sure it's 100%. I can't believe how many 5% and 10% juices are out there on the market.

Oats level much less mycotoxins than most other grains.

Pasteurized milk and alcohol are the ultimate killers--hair that is.

Avoiding carbs isn't necessary. What I do personally is try to minimize them. For me noodles are a killer, but once in a while--you got to live a little. I'll eat some garlic mash potatoes at a restaurant, but I often have just a little or often times none at all. I'll often skip my baked potato, but if I do eat any of it, I make sure to eat the protein first, this will substantially reduce any harm the carbs will do--but the mycotoxin varieties can still be a problem.

For the most part, eliminating pasteurized milk, the cereal that we often put in it, avoiding excess alcohol, and some snacks that are primarily refined grains.

This way you can have your cake (occasionally) and eat it too. Which brings the question of sugar. Sugar isn't as bad as grains. But if you eat sugar, make sure to load up on the supplements first and perhaps take some "buffers" like Taurine, Acetyl L-Carnitine and Lipoic acid to prevent the sleep inducing insulin spike you'll get. I should mention that I haven't experienced that feeling in a long time! Note that some probiotics can work to prevent sugar cravings. Jarrow EPS does this for me.

Certain refined grains seem to wreak havoc regardless of supplements.

Hope this helps.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down