Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Shedding fast EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Shedding fast EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Shedding fast EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Shedding fast EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Shedding fast EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Shedding fast EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Shedding fast EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Shedding fast EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Shedding fast EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Shedding fast

4 posters

Go down

Shedding fast Empty Shedding fast

Post  marshmouth Sat May 21, 2011 7:33 am

Ok I have a quick question, 40 y.o. who up unitl 2 years ago had some recession NW2 but was able to cover with my curly hair. My hair is extremely fine texture but I had good coverage. For the last two years I have had bad sleep and high stress/depression issues. The frontal hairline width is shrinking fast noticeable even within the last few months. The issue is the the hairs that are falling out are not coming back in at all. This goes against typical hair loss pattern as there is no shorter cycles or smaller hairs coming back out in the area. I do have a few sprouting now that were in an area that has been empty for the last few months. I am taking this as a sign that things are still in a state of unbalance. Is this some type of synchronized shed or something else related to stress? It seems to me that if the stress is put in check I should be able to get back some of this hair. Would liek to also note the texture of hair on the enitre scalp has changed from curly to straight/slight wave and the denisty is leaving in the sides as well. Also have a severe amount of inflammation [scalp itch general pain] which I assume is related to the stress. I was thinking to start curc/res. but are there any other suggestions? I am desperate and stressed about it all. I think this might be a reaction of miniturization that could be reversed in a hair cycle. Is that possible?
I have tried MCP but it caused aweful dreams and I cannot sleep well as it is so I have backed off of it for now. I am taking maca, ACV, vit. d, biotin, magnesium and iodine on occasion. WOuld nizoral help? Any suggestions on the cause in your best estimation and the best approach to restore some of this recently lost hair. I cannot beleive that most of it is beyond saving because it just seems too rapid to be following the standard slow recession i have had going on since 25. Time is running out and I will soon have to consider the big three if something doesnt change soon. Please offer some suggestions as this rapid loss is a bad catch 22 I am stressed and than loose hair which adds to the stress.

marshmouth

Back to top Go down

Shedding fast Empty Re: Shedding fast

Post  lambyjay Sat May 21, 2011 8:00 am

I too am in the same boat, yet im only 22 Sad I have had a really stressful couple of years in college and am nearing the end of my final year exams. I have lost nearly an inch from my hairline in the last 4 weeks alone and am shedding hundreds of hairs a day. I am starting a job in September when i will finally have some money to tackle this properly (get my amalgmas out etc) but i need something to save some of what i have until then. How do people here deal with stress? I think i saw jdp uses Bach's Rescue Remedy. Anyone else use that?

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat May 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Curcumin (and resveratrol) should reduce the negative effects of stress, as well as scalp inflammation.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:49 am

If it's a shed from extreme dieting and stress, then there isn't much you can do. But if the stress or something else led a scalp condition (itching, etc.), you could directly treat that. Medicated topicals - would suggest a visit to the dermatologist to identify the problem first. But a little sunlight should help.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down