Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Greetings from Prague EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Greetings from Prague EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Greetings from Prague EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Greetings from Prague EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Greetings from Prague EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Greetings from Prague EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Greetings from Prague EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Greetings from Prague EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Greetings from Prague EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Greetings from Prague

+3
CausticSymmetry
Amaranthaceae
Prague
7 posters

Go down

Greetings from Prague Empty Greetings from Prague

Post  Prague Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:28 am

Hi,
I took briefly a look on IH's pages and the forum and realised tham Pueraria Mirifica and Maca are widely discussed here. If I remember well I was the first to take this combo and posted about that on regrowth about a year ago (as well as Warrior diet which I still follow combining it with Anabolic diet) - I'd like to know how it's working for you cause these two work for me wonderfully and I feel that it's just a perfect combo. I'm on maca&kudzu (was alternating between mirifica and lobata) for about a year and my hair was never better. At a certain moment I was working and travelling a lot, eating 3 times per day, stopped supplements and my hair got terrrible within 3 monts - I restarted and got them back.

Please share your experience with PM, maca and ZMA (this is my minimal regimen when travelling (I also alternate PM and Fo-ti) and think it's the only thing I need to take for my hair.

Great forum here, btw.

Prague

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Prague Empty Re: Greetings from Prague

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:40 am

PM is very powerful, no doubt about it. I take a low dose which equals appr. 10 mcg miroestrol daily. That is
appr. half the dosage recommended for menopause symptoms, and 1/4 the dosage of bust firming/enlargement. As far as I understand.

I am not sure about Maca. I take HMR and occasionaly flax meal. Combined with an OMG -like laser cluster my hair is
doing better and better day by day though setbacks occur.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:41 am

Oh I almost forgot! PROBIOTICS. For me, very essential.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:44 am

Prague - Hi, welcome nice to see you here!

Back when we were discussing kudzu on the other forum, my experience was only using two other species of kudzu, which was Pueraria montana and Pueraria Lobata. I ordered some Thai Kudzu (PM Kudzu), but have not taken it yet, as I've got to round out a trial on a different supplement.

So far the feedback on the forum as been pretty promising. Nidhogge, found a very inexpensive source of the stuff through ebay.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Prague - Welcome! Thats interesting you mentioned you combined the Warrior diet w/ the Anabolic diet and that has a lot to do with your success..

I know a little about the Anabolic diet.. high fat, high protein for 5 or 6 days, followed by one or two cheat (high carb intake) days right? I agree with it in principle. After experimenting around Ive found that a relatively high protein, high fat diet is what works best for me... I can stay in decent good shape without having to go to the gym.

My younger brother btw is on a modified form of the anabolic diet (i think its called the metabolic diet). Since hes been on the diet hes been putting on a LOT of muscle w/ little or no fat with no change to his workout routine. But hes doing it just for muscle building not for hair per se..

But Im curious about what youre having success with. Im interested to know more about the diet that youre on..Can you tell me about it?

Nid - Good work btw on finding that ebay source of PM.. its def the cheapest Ive seen on it.

Project: JS

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:10 am

I've been playing with my diet for years now and I've found what is best for my body, mental clarity and my hair. Basicly I combine Warrior Diet from Ori Hofmekler and Anabolic diet of De Pasquale.

I undereat during the day, I eat only living foods and some fat/protein. I go for Omega3,6,9. I the evening cooked veggies, meat.
This changes in the days of my workout. The same thing during the day but more Omega 3 (since I'll eat carbs later) and in the evening meat/fish and lots of carbs at the end. This can vary a little, sometimes I go longer without carbs, when I feel that necessarry I eat carbs and Omega 3 the whole day.

Your T and HGH release should be much higher and the anabolic effect during the carbs days is really strong due to the high concentration of IGF in your muscles (I put 2kg of muscles usually after the carbs days). Your insulin sensitivity gets to its max since you don't eat cabs for days, you clean your body during the underating phase, etc

I also use some supplements like l-glutamine, l-carnitine (during undereating phase), and ALA, creatine, colostrum after the work-out mostly following with carbs load-up, ZMA (doing pauses and rotating with tribulus)

I also feel that creatine, ALA, carnitine, Q10 is a great antioxidation combo

and many supplements for my hair I mentioned in my first post

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:11 am

Prague said:"when I feel that necessarry I eat carbs and Omega 3 the whole day"
Can you extend on that? What carbs and O-3 do you eat exactly?
You're reffering probably to the working-out days...
I've been following your posts since Regrowth and trying to incorporate your diet.I have the "anabolic diet" book,but can t figure out how you combine the 2 diets.
You mean that after a work-out,you no longer eat vegs but just protein & lots of carbs?And on the rest days ,NO carbs ?
Can you pls give us a sample day of your diet on a rest day and on a working out one?
Prague,pls stick around if you can cos I really believe following your diet is my last chance to save my hair...
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:16 am

Prague,here is my email address : antonius91@yahoo.com .
I'd really apreciate it if you could write me,I have some questions that need to be clarified on your diet and suplemmentation.Thanks!
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:26 am

Prague:

Mind e-mailing me a typical day for you? This would include eating times, when you lift, what you eat, etc.

Or you can just post it here. My e-mail is nidhogge(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Thanks in advance bud.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:36 am

I think there's alot of us that would be interested in learning more about your diet, so please post here as well!

Thanks

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:56 am

it's quite easy to combine these two diets if you understand the principles of both

i follow a classical WD with some AD elements: on WD you should eat carbs every evening after your workout following veggies and protein (met, fish)
adding some AD elements means (Ori Hofmekler started doing this too) is that during a rest day I skip the carbs and on the other hand I add some fat during the day (usually almonds, nuts, eggs, kefir, raw fish)

when saying I sometimes (not more than once in a week) I eat lots of carbs - when my body asks I feel it (I mean complex carbs and I try to eat as less cereals as possible)

in praxis this might be a three day sample:

8 am - kiwi or (squeezed orange) or chopped parsil with lemon or any raw fruit or veggies (as low on sugar as possible), black tea (I prefere black in the moorning with lemon (lot of it)

maca, l-glutamine, carnitine

then I swith to green tea, I start to be slightly hungry at around 13.pm (if hungry before I go for some piece of vegetable, some nuts maybe) or coffee

at around 13-14 (1-2pm) salad with either fish, egg (some lighter protein then meat), lots of olive oil, or some gaspacho type soup with olive oil and curcuma added, I finish with nuts or goat cheese (some omega 3 pills)

if still hungry during afternoon I eat some almonds, nuts and veggies (usually not hungry) - if I eat fruit I dont eat nuts since I feel they go better with veggies OR raw high fat kefir with some grinded flax (I love this)

workout at around 18-20h (a double esspreso before for the cortisol wave and some energy)

antioxidants, creatine, ALA, colostrum and ready to a big meal starting with cooked (usually veggies), meat (and if a hard work out then rice (doing that 2 days out of 5 or if I feel my body asks that), glass of red wine or herbal tea

it happens to me that my body ask for a carbs load-up then I do it (once in a week) - I became so insuline sensitive that I can go the whole day without any carbs

ZMA before going to bed (i sleep much better if i take it)

hope this helped: the WD and AD are quite close, they both cycle carbs - WD on a 24h basis and AD on a 7 days basis - I chose somewhere between. WD also takes in account body/liver cleansing, loading the body with enzymes and some overall health aspect (this is why I prefere WD)

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:07 am

sorry I said three days sample Rolling Eyes

it happens to me that I cycle carbs on a daily basis (always at the end of the day after the veggies and protein/fat)
but sometimes I choose no carbs days (1-3) and I add some more carbs the next day (sometimes starting with lunch already): the anabolic effect is even stronger then. I think that it's easier to cycle the carbs on a daily basis as on WD and when you develop a strong insulin sensitivity you might try to go longer than one day without carbs and extend the cycle - I don't really count days, I try to follow my body - at the beginning it was very hard because switching to the catabolic state is quite painful and my body was craving for sugar (do not trust him this time) now I overpassed that and I feel the difference between hunger and sugar cravings

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:20 am

I know it looks quite complicated when I read it, I try to summarize the principles I feel important:

veggies and fat/protein during the day (no sugars (never) and no complex carbs)
fat is the best source of energy for you
work out on empty stomach and with no blood sugar
you cycle the carbs - on a 24h basis always after the workout or if you manage extend the cycle and eat them every other day after the work out (next day no workout no carbs) then repeat - more you extend the cycle more insuline sensitive you become and stronger anabolic effect you obtain

don't be afraid of fats - eat lots of them (still watch for good omega 3/6 ratio - adding some extra omega 3 mainly during carbs days), do not forget raw veggies and some fruit for enzymes and digestion

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:38 am

1)what fats exactly do you eat on high fat days(what kind of nuts?) and what carbs on high carb days(potatoes and rice?no bread?)
2)No carb days JUST ON REST days or even on gym days?
3)U mention you eat salad at noon with lots of olive oil and fish?Aren t you supposed to eat just juices and raw during the day?and only once in a while some protein and the only fat allowed is ONLY almonds
4)if i work out at noon what do I eat afterwards?
5) do you still take supplements like kudzu,probiotics,digestive enzymes,green tea EGCG ,prog cream,magnesium,taurine(inneov) and when in the day?
6)How is your hair going?

Lots of questions here! Smile thanks in advance Prague and if you don t mind e-mail me on: antonius91@yahoo.com ,I 've been looking for you for a long time and have no way to contact.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:11 pm

Edony,

1)I go for walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, noix du Brésil, noix de pécan (don't know the english term), pumpkin and sunflower seeds - these are my favourites, I prefere raw, no roasted and no peanuts

2)this is a good question - following AD you can easily put a no carb day on a workout day - I do it and it happens to me that I feel my body needs carbs on a rest day after two hard workout days - so I go for them

3)I don't know what is your idea of a salad but fot me salad is some raw veggies. Not neccessarily fish all the time bur some fat/protein. All fats are allowed: during the no carbs day you can eat lot of omega 6 - this makes your muscles grow

4)if you work out at noon then I recommend you to follow with some veggies and protein/fat food and eat a lot at the evening as usually (bodybuilders think that you have to eat carbs immediately after each training but this is not true)

5)I take all of these and some more

6)my hair is doing great, it looks and feels stronger and I regrew my temples from NW3 (no bald areas, just very thin hair) to a NW 1 pattern

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:17 am

I have absolutely no family history of baldness.But still fighting thin hair all over-no bald spots yet and low libido.I m hoping I can detox my body following your diet to the letter.
so...
1)lots of fat(nuts) ONLY during non-carb days and but when I have carbs at dinner classical WD(vegs-fruits ) thru day?
2)What r the O-6 FATS you load on when on non-carb days that r great for muscles?
3)Can you pls mention what other supplements you take except the formerly mentioned that you believe can assist me in hair growth and what time of the day you take them?
Prague , if you may,send me in : antonius91@yahoo.com your e-mail address,I have some questions that make me wonder occasionally,and you could surely help me out with those as you 've been where I am now and it s difficult to spot you in such forums !!
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:33 am

I have tested some new things and done some research and here are some of my new observations:
after a year or more experimenting with puearia I stick to lobata and I'm quite confident it's the right one for me (i have read all the studies possible about mirifica and lobata and go with lobata)
it doesn't mean mirifica being the wrong choice, I just don't have enough information to be sure about it (interesting point I put on regrowth some long time ago is that the study showing the adaptogenic properties of kudzu was done with lobata)

maca is still nr 1 sup for me

ZMA is for sure a very important part of my succes, I do not get the same results without it (more and more convinced - and my hair tell me i can't be wrong - that maca & kudzu & T-boosters is the way to go for me)

two things I'm interested in now are mucuna and damiana (i'm loving them as far)

i take passiflora for chrysin as well and even the studies are equivoque about it's efficacy in vivo, it seems to work for me (if it's not something else, i try loooot of stuff)

I was for some long time using prog cream and was still wondering if it's a good idea to apply it directly to my temples (since IH had a bad experince doing so x the studies suggest it might be a good idea). I decided to apply it on my face to see what it does with my skin - that might be an idicator of the possible effect on my scalp - i'll let you know my results. BTW any idea why this bad experience? (was it a simple prog cream or did it contain some other extra ingredients like SP..?, any effects of dihydroprog. on follicles?)

comments are welcome of course

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down