Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptyToday at 8:26 am by JtheDreamer

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

how much Kombu a day?? Prague??

+3
europe
Amaranthaceae
tao81
7 posters

Go down

how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? Empty how much Kombu a day?? Prague??

Post  tao81 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:26 am

Prague,since I´ve read your excellent thread I want to give the organic iod approach a try. I´ve just received my Kombu, but I´ve no clue how much to use a day and in which way I should consume the kombu???
Should I eat a small amount raw or cooked or drink just the water after boiling kombu??
I would be thankfull if prague or anyone else could advise me herefor.
THX

tao81

Back to top Go down

how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? Empty Re: how much Kombu a day?? Prague??

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:16 am

I do it this way: boil/simmer one slice for 10 minutes (appr. 4 gram) .. throw out water, eat the kombu.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:28 am

North-Europe, thx for your input!
I would be thankful for more advice.

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:06 am

Be creative, make a soup !

you'll have the seaweed and the water.

in olive oil, slice an onion, garlic.
then, add the water you want, the kombu you want, herbs you want, a carrot (or half) sliced, leak sliced, and add any veggies you want.
you can also add few more seaweed like "sea bean" .
make it boil for one minute ( or let it simmer) , THEN put it out of fire, and wait for anytime you want ( this way of cooking do not kill the vitamins, minerals) . For that , you need a stewpot. the idea is that it is the heat that cook, and not the steam with continous fire.
the time it rests out of fire depend of the food. 10 to 15 minutes dor that one i would say.

In the end, put some black pepper. If enough kombu and/or other seaweeds, you do not need to salt.
add whatever you want, like fermented tofu for instance.

If you make enough, you got it babe for 2-3 days. adapt the quantites.

let's say that 5 cm or 2 inch of a hydrated kombu gives 7 mg iodine.
kombu is also 1,5 to 2 inch large when not dried.

That said, I do not know if the 5 grams is for dried or not dried kombu.
if someone gets the info !
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:22 am

europe thx for your recipe! sounds delicius! But I´m still unsecure about the propper daily amount of kombu to take?? The fact that on the packing, there´s a warning for not eating to much kombu because of very high iod content makes me even more affraid Shocked

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:36 am

tao81,

See this link:
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Gdl0lz2i1EQJ:www.ftb.com.hr/42-57.pdf+kombu+and+wakame+iodine+content&hl=en&gl=ca&sig=AHIEtbTffgVJteJVo5LYvbFH44FkbIWcqw

According to this there is, give or take, 170mg of iodine per 100 g of kombu. So at Europe's recommended 4 grams you'll only be getting 4 x 1.7 = 6.8 mg. I think you'd have to eat a ton of kombu to megadose. According to CS, jdp and my own experience so far you can go a lot higher than that and still be very safe.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:55 pm

thx huli for this excellent link! So about 4mg seems to bee a goo deal. But I´m curious to know which dose prague and jpd use, because they got good results (prague actually fantastic, if it´s true).

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:58 pm

huli wrote:tao81,

See this link:
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Gdl0lz2i1EQJ:www.ftb.com.hr/42-57.pdf+kombu+and+wakame+iodine+content&hl=en&gl=ca&sig=AHIEtbTffgVJteJVo5LYvbFH44FkbIWcqw

According to this there is, give or take, 170mg of iodine per 100 g of kombu. So at Europe's recommended 4 grams you'll only be getting 4 x 1.7 = 6.8 mg. I think you'd have to eat a ton of kombu to megadose. According to CS, jdp and my own experience so far you can go a lot higher than that and still be very safe.

huli, 4 x 1,7 = 6,8mg - this is IMO already megadosing
also 90% of iodine in a single dose gets excreted through urine - so long term dosing is neccessary - and 6,7 (4g of kombu) is more than sufficient for this purpose

once i ate 50g of kombu = 80mg of iodine (organic) and i could feel it's maybe too much - i think there's no worry when going organic, i personally wouldn't do it with potassium iodide and personally i think it's a very dangerous idea, exceeding 50mg of potassium iodide in long term

i've been looking for some info on comparison of organic elements comparing to unorganic - my conclusion is that sometimes unorganic can do the same job but the bond is very important and completely changes the nature and action of the element (salts, colloides, ions)

look for the studies on organic germanium done in Japan (curing cancer) and unorganic germanium tests done in US - with only negative impact (toxic)

i also suspect science from one weak point - lets say there's ginseng known for ceturies for it's healing properties - science examine it, then they make an extract and call it ginsengium (or curcumin, or chrysin or resveratrol or whatever) - but this extract does sometimes nothing (chrysin, resveratrol?) since it's the synergic action of all it's components and mostly the mineral/elements content that make the impact - the propreties of ginseng might be due to germanium levels and not to what science would call ginsengium (same for aloe vera)

one more thing on studies - they examine usually one aspect of supplements action, not all (which is impossible)
the organic forms of bonds are usually more available with little/no negative impact

parsley contains about 70 known antibacterials, enzymes, antioxidants etc - it would take years to test extracts of all the substances and their impact on the body in all it's aspects and even longer to decode their synergic/antagnist actions

my point is - we do not know what makes curcuma being anticarinogenic for sure - curcumin is just a marketing name, it might be due to it's germanium availability (bond that your body can easily utilise) or even other trace elements that we hevent't even analysed yet

resveratrol x red wine - the same arguments, IMO what we call resveratrol is of a little/no help unless in it's original form in red wine (alcohol, quercetin, ..., ...., ...., ..., ..., ...., ....)

the examples of these are numerous - ethanol extract of nettle root, curcumin,resveratrol, the old form of cq10, ala, creatine monohydrate, chrysin, DIM

europe

funny, i do the same - yesterday i made a garlic/onion/carrots/kale/kombu soup - it's full of iodine, vit K, A, E, quercetion, sulphoraphane, germanium, potassium, DIM, B-carotene and i don not know what else

Prague

Back to top Go down

how much Kombu a day?? Prague?? Empty doesn't kombu give hypotiroidism?

Post  magic_gro Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:59 pm

from the previous post, it looks like kobu gives hypotiroidism, and I thought we needed to fight hypotiroidism for hair-loss... what is it that I am getting wrong? thank yoU!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:45 pm

prague, what´s your source for organic germanium?? thx

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:40 am

tao81 wrote:prague, what´s your source for organic germanium?? thx

tao81

you have germanium dioxide - BAD, lactate - poor, sesquioxide (GE132) - fair or already active ionized form (the catalyons patent) or completely organic (garlic, ginger, ginseng - funny they all start with G but also clay, chlorella, shitake, sea salt, aloe vera)

i go for the ionized form in low concentration but since the form is already active it works very well
but the best source might be garlic soup or onion tea (the sulphure+load of quercetin+..... is a nice bonus) which i do every week

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 pm

thx prague, for your reply!

i go for the ionized form in low concentration but since the form is already active it works very well
but the best source might be garlic soup or onion tea (the sulphure+load of quercetin+..... is a nice bonus) which i do every week

Do you have a link for the ionized stuff? Ha funny I was actually thinking about onion tea too Very Happy How do you make the tea??
Garlic is no option for me, in addition to the bad smell it kills also good bacteria in the gut and that would be bad for me cause i have a little candida prob.

Just wanted to mention what i observed with my first intakes of kombu ( I ate 4 g):
I got very soon kind of brain fog, head ache, heating and pain in both legs Shocked

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:02 am

Tao : about your fear of killing good bacteria with garlic.
I was going to elaborate but someone did for me...

Actually no. Studies are showing that garlic does not kill natural (beneficial) human gut flora. The current theory on the subject is that garlic has been a part of human diets so far back into our evolution that our healthy gut flora has also evolved resistance to garlic, even at therapeutic doses (and even in the form of concentrated extracts.)

What's incredibly cool about this is that garlic (and in particular the component allicin) is effective against "bad" or pathogenic bacteria that have developed multiple resistance to pharmaceuticals - MRSA, Pseudomones aruginosa, etc.

Now... will garlic kill the bacteria in PROBIOTICS? If they're not natural human strains, yep it very likely will. Since many probiotics on the market are not predominantly composed of natural human strains, it's advisable to take your garlic about 1/2 hour away from your probiotic.

FYI - To optimize retention of the probiotics, it's also for the best to take your probiotics about 30 min away from meals.

You CAN take your garlic with your meals - be it pill form or food form, obviously. Smile Note that if you're eating garlic cloves, the cloves should be CRUSHED first to activate the enzymes in this medicinal herb. Crushed raw garlic will burn your mouth (or skin, if you're applying it topically.) So use caution!
--------------------------------------…
EDIT: Had to correct some misinformation here...
Pharmaceuticals are engineered/developed to interfere (very effectively) each with a specific biologic function in their target organisms. For that reason, they're effective only against organisms in a class that performs that biologic function.

That's not generally the case with raw herbs which, because each has a range of "active ingredients", tend to have broader range effects. Some herbs, for example, have antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties (sage, eucalyptus, garlic, tea tree are all examples.) Garlic even has some anthelminthic (anti-worm) properties... in addition to many other medicinal properties. To wit: you're also right that garlic is showing significant promise reducing cholesterol levels (allicin, specifically) and even reversing plaques in arteries (arterosclerosis.) It's generating a lot of interest among the scientific community and there are lots of studies in the works.

Type on google, and you'll get lenty other links on garlic properties.

And concerning your side effects from kombu. YEah, it did that to me to. It did also disappear after few intakes day after day.
If it's a detox-like symptome, diminish the dose, or make a break. Then resume.
If on the middle long run the sides persist, then perhaps you make an allergie.
As many can experience garlic's side effetcs for instance :

Garlic Side Effects

Side effects from garlic include upset stomach, bloating, bad breath, body odor, and a stinging sensation on the skin from handling too much fresh or dried garlic. Handling garlic may also cause the appearance of skin lesions.

Other side effects that have been reported by those taking garlic supplements include headache, fatigue, loss of appetite, muscle aches, dizziness described as vertigo (namely, the room spinning), and allergies such as an asthmatic reaction or contact dermatitis (skin rash).

Some people may suffer a mild allergic reaction to concentrated garlic. Others may have an upset stomach, body odor, bad breath, headache, loss of appetite or fatigue. It may prompt a skin reaction, such as a stinging in the hands.

Besides the garlics's blood-thinning property that everybody is aware of.

Hope that helped you not my friend ! ;-)
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 am

guys - sorry to be a little offtopic, but europe talks about probiotics - is kefir to me consider a probiotic ?

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:47 am

Hope that helped you not my friend ! ;-)
jeha my friend thx for a very good answer Very Happy

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:26 am

Kefir is definitly a probiotic.

So, the best is to drink it on an empty stomach.
approx 1/2 before any food. not during meal, or digestion ( 2 hours to 6 hours depending of what you ate).
the idea is that the acid stomach does not kill the probiotics in the stomach before it comes to the intestines ( as Jarrow probiotics are entericoated caps) unless you wanna have striclty stomach benefits.
So if you are thirsty, drink water. and save your kefir for the morning or the appropriate moment.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down