Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Weight Loss on IH Regimen EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Weight Loss on IH Regimen

+2
ubraj
jmoss1982
6 posters

Go down

Weight Loss on IH Regimen Empty Weight Loss on IH Regimen

Post  jmoss1982 Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:22 am

About two or three months ago I went gluten free and I lost some weight. And about a month ago I began the IH top six (plus a few others.) Since then I've lost quite a bit of weight. I should add that I was thin to begin with and now I need new pants. Lol.

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss on IH Regimen Empty Re: Weight Loss on IH Regimen

Post  ubraj Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 am

FWIW, weight loss and low muscle tone is strongly associated with food intolerance.

Also, if you react to gluten, I'm sure there are other foods you react to as well

To save time, this is probably one of the best sites devoted to finding the food you're intolerant to. Tests won't tell the whole picture either.

"The more symptoms, and the stronger the symptoms, the more important food chemicals may be to the health problems of the individual."

http://www.plantpoisonsandrottenstuff.info/content/symptoms.aspx

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoss1982 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 am

I'm actually toned and muscular. I don't feel that I had a gluten intolerance at all. I was attempting to point out that there is an additional benefit to being on the IH Regimen.

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:01 am

That's cool Smile

As long as you are a good weight then that's cool!

But yeah erm, hmm, I wonder which components of the top 6 have this effect. Maybe just the general cleanse, better health.. possibly lowering insulin resistance? I dunno! I'm sure CS might have a good idea why! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Hoppipolla - The lean muscle effect is from the carnitine (acetyl-l-carnitine). When ALC and lipoic acid are combined, they increase fatty acid oxidation in the mitochondria (burns fat), while the latter increases combustion of glucose (burns sugar), while improving insulin sensitivity.

Then the Ecklonia cava inhibits triglycerides, and helps dampen lipogenesis (creation of new fat cells). Curcumin increases seratonin which reduces the appetite somewhat and also contributes to positive differentiation in adipocytes (fat cells).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Well there we go! Wow! hehe Smile

Thanks CS!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm

jdp701 wrote:

To save time, this is probably one of the best sites devoted to finding the food you're intolerant to. Tests won't tell the whole picture either.

"The more symptoms, and the stronger the symptoms, the more important food chemicals may be to the health problems of the individual."

http://www.plantpoisonsandrottenstuff.info/content/symptoms.aspx

hope this helps

JDP, thanks for that very informative site. I gotta ask you guys though, this site makes a huge deal about amines in foods. Are amines really that BIG of a deal? I don't really have the time, energy or cash to not buy vacuum-packed supermarket meats.... Personally, I eat a ton of ground turkey and beef and I can't be scouring butcher shops looking for freshly slaughtered meats all the time... Mad I just keep a bunch of meat in the freezer and pull it out as needed...

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Since altering my diet and taking these supplements, it has been much easier to gain toned muscle. Honestly when I'm at University I usually end up losing weight due to me working out less and eating less. However, I was able to maintain muscle mass while losing additional fat since starting the supplements while at school. It seems this regime definitely has many cosmetic benefits, but most importantly, internal adjustments that can seriously make your quality of life better overall.

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:58 pm

thissucks,

If you have psychological problems that don't clear up on gluten and casein free diet, then you could try cutting out amines. There is an enzyme product called no phenol designed for this. I did a google search and symptoms = "red ears and cheeks, and dark circles under the eyes." Also, if you are sensitive to amines then you may be sensitive to MSG/sulfites.

As far as amines causing hair loss, I haven't researched it very much but from my very brief understanding I would have my doubts that it's a big contributor to hair loss. Gluten, oxalates and lectins are definitely the ones to watch out for. There are others but those are the big 3 concerning hair loss.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:13 am

jdp701 wrote:thissucks,

If you have psychological problems that don't clear up on gluten and casein free diet, then you could try cutting out amines. There is an enzyme product called no phenol designed for this. I did a google search and symptoms = "red ears and cheeks, and dark circles under the eyes." Also, if you are sensitive to amines then you may be sensitive to MSG/sulfites.

As far as amines causing hair loss, I haven't researched it very much but from my very brief understanding I would have my doubts that it's a big contributor to hair loss. Gluten, oxalates and lectins are definitely the ones to watch out for. There are others but those are the big 3 concerning hair loss.

JDP - thanks for clearing that up. I notice you listed lectins though, which are found in some foods I eat frequently such as beans and oats. Are these foods a concern?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 am

I dropped and have kept off over 70 pounds since getting on the regimen and sticking to it.

Granted, I've changed my eating and workout habits and learned more about my body than I ever knew before, but there is something in the supplements that aids weight loss if you don't eat a totally crap diet. If you eat potato chips, french fries, drink soda and consume processed food with added sugar each day, don't lie to yourself and tell yourself you're not eating a crap diet. You are.

For the record, I've stuck to a 6 day a week clean diet and a 1 day a week cheat day where I don't count calories or question what I eat. Obviously, on those days I still avoid high fructose corn syrup and most processed foods. I usually just give in to some pizza, ice cream, wine, etc.

Giving myself the one day of freedom mentally makes me stick to the 6 days of clean eating. It's a little goal to look forward to each week.

I also think the supplements help lessen the impact of that cheat day as it hasn't seemed to hurt me physically.

While my hair has not rebounded like I had hoped, my health has and I'm less concerned with hair than I was when I first discovered this forum.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 pm

hadrion,

If you're finding it hard to completely eliminate gluten keep in mind that eliminating casein is probably needed otherwise could have constant withdrawal symptoms.

You can try high quality enzymes such as Digest Gold for further help. Here is a good quote if looking for more help

"In those sensitive to gluten and casein, initial use of xxxxx™️ may result in "exorphin-peptide withdrawal syndrome", as exorphin peptides are decreased in system. This may present as hyperactivity, irritability, increased aggression, tantrums, etc. for a period of several days to as long as a month. In most cases, this syndrome is resolved when dosing of 1 capsule per meal is obtained for a period of several days. Most report the cessation of these behaviors after about 3 weeks"

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:30 pm

thissucks,

Yes, lectins can definitely be a concern regarding hair loss.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:41 am

jdp701 wrote:hadrion,

If you're finding it hard to completely eliminate gluten keep in mind that eliminating casein is probably needed otherwise could have constant withdrawal symptoms.

You can try high quality enzymes such as Digest Gold for further help. Here is a good quote if looking for more help

"In those sensitive to gluten and casein, initial use of xxxxx™️ may result in "exorphin-peptide withdrawal syndrome", as exorphin peptides are decreased in system. This may present as hyperactivity, irritability, increased aggression, tantrums, etc. for a period of several days to as long as a month. In most cases, this syndrome is resolved when dosing of 1 capsule per meal is obtained for a period of several days. Most report the cessation of these behaviors after about 3 weeks"

hope this helps

JDP -- Great info. I wonder if this can help explain why I'm having difficulty focusing on my work lately. I really do feel like it's a physical issue and not a mental one as I never suffered from this kind of procrastination in the past.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down