Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Laser helmet - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Laser helmet

+16
huli
Amaranthaceae
Gibson
OverMachoGrande
NewReg
jobey
meoki
jksl
HairSeeker
chipdouglas
Misirlou
nidhogge
angstman
halfempty
kijumn
europe
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Laser helmet - Page 3 Empty Re: Laser helmet

Post  TapItIn Mon May 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi JDP,

I know this was a very long time ago but I thought I should ask anyway. I have an extremely dry scalp, which I thought it was a good thing to have little sebum. But every time I use my 300 diode laser helmet, I get the stinging sensation that is talked about earlier in this thread.

you mentions.

"I'm referring to clay taking to much moisture out of your scalp or in general having dry hair/scalp ... dry winter air, heat from diodes, hot showers, etc.. IME, dry scalp is not good for hair loss ... I slacked on my coconut oil, lol"

Do you have any recommendations for my dry scalp? I use coconut oil and emu oil but none really help.

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue May 07, 2013 5:07 am

Hi TapItIn,

My best guess is to watch the diet and see if that helps but just guessing here.

A bit off topic but I'd recommend to throw away your pillow that you use at night and get a new one every few months or so. And every week or two or three, to wash the pillow in the washing machine and dryer and see if that helps as well. Same with your hair brush.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  turbojet Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 am

JDP,

Is the rationale for replacing pillows/pillowcases and hairbrushes based on malassezia yeast and/or demodex? I agree with pillows because of dust mite and allergen accumulation but I have a nice brush that I try to rinse and wash about every two weeks. I always assumed this would be enough.

turbojet

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed May 08, 2013 4:18 am

Malassezia yeast sounds probable but I really have no idea what is the cause. But definitely the pillow and hair brush, hat, etc does cause the autoimmune condition in hair loss to keep going if they are not disposed of and cleaned often.

For as long as I can remember, hair loss forums will occasionally talk about how their hat or they'll mention they lose more hair on one side of their head than the other and it's the side that they lay on when sleeping, is exacerbating their hair loss. They are right and to correct this is simple. Just wash and throw away the pillow, hat, hair brush, etc. often.

Regarding demodex, I don't believe is a cause for hair loss but it does get people to starting thinking of a pathogenic cause for hair loss.

Maybe just washing a hair brush only is good enough but I don't know.

It all kinda reminds me of toothbrushes. I use to tell people all the time that they should throw away their tooth brush often. Roughly once a week. But for some reason they won't. They'll try to get that toothbrush to last a long-time. Well, same thing for a pillow, etc.. Maybe buying multiple pillows and multiple hair brushes and multiple hats and many toothbrushes at once makes the decision easier. That's what I do. When I go through the aisle buying toothbrushes, I'm buying a dozen or more at once, lol.

I do think this is all connected with LLLT. Like maybe dry scalp. I just don't understand why or what's going on.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3