Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Chlorine and calcification EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Chlorine and calcification EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Chlorine and calcification EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Chlorine and calcification EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Chlorine and calcification EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Chlorine and calcification EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Chlorine and calcification EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Chlorine and calcification EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Chlorine and calcification EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Chlorine and calcification

+3
Dudard
CausticSymmetry
Jdp710
7 posters

Go down

Chlorine and calcification Empty Chlorine and calcification

Post  Jdp710 Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Info regarding calcification and hair loss

BALDNESS AND CALCIFICATION OF
THE “IVORY DOME”

Some questions concerning baldness which
were raised by Dr. Ballenger’s comments in The Journal,
June 27, may be answered by observations which I made
while serving as technician in gross anatomy at the College of
Medicine of the University of Illinois (1916-1917). I then had
occasion to remove the brains of about 80 cadavers for separate
use in the neurology classes and incidentally noted a seemingly
obvious relation between the blood (vessel) supply to the scalp
and the quantity of hair. Baldness occurred in persons in whom
calcification of the skull bones apparently had not only firmly
knitted the cranial sutures but also closed or narrowed various
small foramens through which blood vessels pass, most prominently
in persons with a luxuriant crop of hair. These blood
vessels are mainly veins which normally communicate with the
diploic veins in the spongy tissue of the skull bones but which
are evidently pinched off by calification of the foramens. Various
stages of this process of impairing the blood circulation of
the scalp could be observed.

Some good info regarding calcification and chlorine.  

Coronaries/Cholesterol/Chlorine
During the 1960s Dr. Joseph Price wanted to know why cardiovascular heart disease, such as heart attacks, strokes, and atherosclerosis, had become so prevalent during this time when prior to 1900 it was virtually non-existent. In his book Coronaries/Cholesterol/Chlorine published in 1969 he said, “that something has dramatically changed in the last six to seven decades of human history.” Dr. Price felt that there was some sort of environmental factor that was being overlooked by the medical community contributing to the development of atherosclerosis.

NOTE: Atherosclerosis is when the large and medium sized arteries develop plaques on the inner layers of the walls where lesions or tears occur. These plaques are made up of cholesterol, other blood fats called lipids, blood platelets and other clotting factors such as fibrinogen, or protein nets, and cellular debris. As the muscle cells in the artery wall enlarge in the affected area and the plaque continues to form, blood flow diminishes to the organs normally supplied by the artery. Also, due to the hardening of the plaque, or calcification from calcium being deposited with the fats, there is a risk of pressure from blood flow breaking off a piece of the plaque which can travel to various parts of the body causing a blockage.

Dr. Price further comments in his book, “Chlorination gained relatively wide acceptance in the second decade of this century (20th century) and in the third decade (1920's) it was found that satisfactory killing of organisms was dependent upon a residual of chlorine in the water above the amount necessary to react with organic impurities. When it was remembered that evidence of clinical disease from atherosclerosis takes 10-20 years to develop, it becomes evident that there is a correlation between the introduction and widespread application of chlorination of water supplies and the origin and increasing incidence of heart attacks that is exceedingly difficult to explain away.”

Dr. Price Presents Evidence from Around the World
Japan:
When the doctor looked at people from around the world he discovered that the Japanese people who have a very low rate of heart attack, one-sixth that of the United States, develop atherosclerosis, or blockage of the arteries by cholesterol and other fat deposits, when they move to Hawaii and drink chlorinated water. (It’s interesting to note that when the Japanese where rebuilding their cities after the war they installed water purification systems using chlorine recommended by the American engineers who were assisting. Prior to this time they had never used it. Not soon after this the Japanese medical community began to notice that the Japanese people were starting to have a lot of cardiovascular health issues, namely heart attacks. Their investigation led them to chlorine as the source of the causative factor. They discontinued the use of chlorine.

Africa:
In Africa, Dr. Price found people that even though they ate a diet very high in fat and cholesterol, but who did not drink chlorinated water, did not get heart attacks.

Ireland:
Another physician, Dr. Paul Dudley White, mentioned by Dr. Price, noted that Irish farm workers who drank their own well water free of chlorine never suffer from coronary heart disease.

Young Men and Advanced Arterial Disease
Dr. Price commented on the findings of Dr. William Enos who lead a team of physicians to autopsy 300 American soldiers who died in the Korean war. The average age of the deceased soldiers were 22.1 years. All were examined before their induction and found to be healthy. The autopsies revealed that 77% of the 300 soldiers had, “gross evidence of atherosclerosis ("hardening" of the arteries caused by the formation of multiple plaques) in the coronary arteries.” In some of the soldiers the one or more arteries of the heart were partly or completely occluded, or blocked. Dr. Enos and the team of physicians explanation of their findings was that these young men had the early development of “degenerative-disease.”

In other words they felt that this unusual and severe development of coronary heart disease in such young healthy men in such a short period of time was just a natural development of degeneration not attributed to anything they may have been exposed to or ingested.

However, note the comments of Dr. Price, “If you ask any man who served in that war he will tell you that the water in Korea for our soldiers was so heavily chlorinated for sanitary reasons that it was almost undrinkable... Apparently, there is a direct causal correlation between the amount of chlorine ingested and the speed and degree of development of atherosclerosis.”

PLEASE NOTE: American soldiers in Vietnam, just like the ones in the Korean war, drank heavily chlorinated water as well. And their autopsies revealed the same sort of severe artery damage and atherosclerosis in a short period of time.

Chlorine and Heart Problems
In a book called Poisoning by Dr. W. F. von Oettingen on page 72 he has this to say on chlorine, “It has been claimed that injury of the mitral valve (of the heart) and cardiac (heart) insufficiency may result from severe exposure to chlorine, or carbon monoxide. Coronary thrombosis, characterized by palpitation, irregularities of the heart beat, and anxiety, has been reported in poisonings with chlorine, carbon monoxide and ferric chloride.” (A chlorine compound.)

In his statement the doctor is referring to a severe exposure to chlorine. As we already noted the young soldiers who were examined during induction and were certified healthy before going to war in Korea and Vietnam did have severe exposer to chlorine in a short period of time. Based on what they know about the effects of severe chlorine exposure to the cardiovascular system and how much the soldiers drank in such a short period of time, one can conclude that the main cause of their heart disease was the chlorinated water.

Heart Attacks in the United States Since 1908
When chlorination of water supplies first began in 1908 in the United States it wasn’t until 10 to 20 years later that heart attacks first began to increase. That’s because unlike the soldiers in the Korean and Vietnam Wars who drank very high concentrations of chlorinated water, causing a faster rate of developing plaques on the blood vessel walls within a year or less, the public water supplies had much lower amounts which produced a slower rate of developing plaques over a 10 to 20 year period.

Dr. Price’s Result of an Experiment Using Chlorinated Water
In his book, Coronaries/Cholesterol/Chlorine, Dr. Price reveals the results of an experiment he conducted with several hundred healthy young chickens separated into two groups. One group drank from water with chlorine and the other group used water without chlorine. Both groups were raised until they had reached complete maturity. The birds were then autopsied revealing that every chicken in the group that drank the chlorinated water had some level of cardiovascular disease, and the ones without the chlorinated water had no signs. It was also noted that when the amount of chlorine was increased in the water of the chickens who drank it, the severity of destruction to the cardiovascular system was more severe and occurred sooner.

Observation of the chickens while they were maturing revealed that the birds without the chlorinated water grew faster, larger and were far healthier, while the chickens that drank the chlorinated water under winter conditions displayed outward signs of poor circulation, shivered, had drooping feathers, and a reduced level of activity. Due to Dr Price’s experiment most of the large poultry producers today provide water without chlorine for the chickens.

Dr. Price’s Conclusion on the Safety of Chlorine
After studying the results of chlorine on living tissue Dr. Price states in his book that, “nothing can negate the incontrovertible fact, the basic cause of atherosclerosis and resulting entities such as heart and stroke, is chlorine.” https://livewellnaturally.com/HN_articles/health-nutrition-info/chlorine-crippler-and-Killer.html  

Keep in mind the older we get, the more calcification sneeks up on us.  Besides supplements, topical iodine, topical magnesium, topical white vinegar in shower, 16 hz are all effective IME.  

I have used several shower filter for past 15 years or so.  KDF media I have used off and on such as Rainshowr.  Recently I have been looking at lower cost and Sprite filters also work which is made of chlorogon instead of Kdf.  

Despite what people claim shower filters really only are helpful for 1 month.  Rainshowr maybe can get 6 weeks.  Just a tad longer than sprite IME. So the cost of Rainshowr with kdf is $35 a month to 6 weeks wheras the sprite is $20 a month and I would recommend to rotate the filter inside the housing every week for sprite.

Reverse osmosis would be best however. Shorter colder showers will reduce chlorine exposure.

For those who suffer from arthersclerosis, stroke and similar, a family member of mine finds the shower filter very helpful.

Jdp710

Back to top Go down

Chlorine and calcification Empty Re: Chlorine and calcification

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:34 pm

A good read. Been drinking the cleanest water for over 15 years...it's terribly important.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudard Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:34 am

I was talking about the above article with someone and we started talking about chelation through IV. What are your thoughts on chelation? Thanks

Dudard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdp710 Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:15 am

Hi CS, I’m curious what are you using for drinking water.  Thanks.  

Hi dudard,  I personally have tried most of the methods for chelation.  The two that I view that is very good is modified citrus pectin and/or blood donation.  Everything else, i don’t see myself doing again.  But these two methods are very good for better health and longevity.

Modified citrus pectin chelation info - https://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2009/3/Modified-Citrus-Pectin-Fighting-Cancer-Metastasis-Heavy-Metal-Toxicities/Page-01

Jdp710

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:57 am

Thanks for the info JDP.  I think a shower filter is a great idea.  Do you have any thoughts on microneedling?  I'm not sure if the mechanism behind wounding is fully understood, but it may involve breaking up calcification in the scalp.

Jdp710 wrote:Hi CS, I’m curious what are you using for drinking water.  Thanks.  
I second this. Some sort of reverse osmosis filter, I presume?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdp710 Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi thissicks,  

I tried the dermaroller over temples back in 2009 and didn’t see any benefit or so little benefit that I didn’t continue.  

I actually did this long time ago without cutting the skin and it was temporarily beneficial.  Maybe helpful for a week or so. Can even use a vacuum over entire scalp, lol.

I did cut the skin with razor and diabetic lancets on other areas of body years ago and can say the blood that came out was in fact very bad and sludge.   I can see how this could be helpful and much better than needling IMO.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPi5qP1V4ew

I think what I’m trying to say is If you were going to use a dermaroller over bald areas might as well get one of these at the same time.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/6Cups-Pump-Vacuum-Cupping-Acupuncture-Hijama-Chinese-Therapy-Treatment-Suction/132854458309?hash=item1eeebe27c5:g:NrcAAOSwnh5b6opl

Jdp710

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:06 am

I use reverse osmosis with pretreatment of various steps before (charcoal and UV treatments).

Or distilled water.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:07 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I use reverse osmosis with pretreatment of various steps before (charcoal and UV treatments).

Or distilled water. I actually prefer distilled water, however it's not always possible.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdp710 Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:07 am

Fwiw I’ve changed my drinking water recently.  For 20 years drank ro water at supermarket which does carbon twice, ro and uv light.  Used glass 3 gallon jugs.  

Further stored water in area that got a gooD amount of indirect sunlight tgat helps structure water snd taste better after about 3 days.  Something similiar happen# with many fruits.  Can put say a cantalope, etc in indirect sun for a couple days and cantalope tastes better and probably better for you.  

What I found two years ago was someone found adding sodium bicarbonate/baking soda to water dramatically improves scores from organs, tissues, etc on an expensive biofeedback device.  I later found that long term use of ro water really doesn’t hydrate cells do to lack of minerals.  I thought this was myth all these years but is true IME.    https://www.aqualiv.com/reverse-osmosis-water-filter-health/  Adding minerals drops to water made the water taste horrible too.  

Well, I learned was benefits of certain bottled waters such as say fiji water.  I now add some fiji water to the ro water and I believe this is best method for me.  I now only drink about 2/3 as much water as use to and feel stronger.

Downside it’s a plastic bottle.  
He said: 'There were two parts to our research. The first is that drinking silicon water does remove aluminium from the body.

'When you drink silicon-rich mineral water aluminium throughout the body is gathered up into the blood and then excreted through the urine.

'It seems to purge the aluminium from the body. We now know we can use this silicon-rich "therapy" water to reduce aluminium.

'The second part of our research was looking at the cognitive abilities of people with Alzheimer's and whether these changed as the aluminium was reduced.

'The most interesting thing was that we did see this potential relationship between the removal of aluminium and the positive improvement in cognitive function

...The patients saw a huge reduction in their aluminium levels, with a number showing drops of 50, 60 and 70 per cent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2216608/Drinking-litre-day-mineral-water-prevent-onset-Alzheimers-flushing-aluminium.html

Jdp710

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Jdp710 wrote:Hi thissicks,  

I tried the dermaroller over temples back in 2009 and didn’t see any benefit or so little benefit that I didn’t continue.  

I actually did this long time ago without cutting the skin and it was temporarily beneficial.  Maybe helpful for a week or so.  Can even use a vacuum over entire scalp, lol.

I did cut the skin with razor and diabetic lancets on other areas of body years ago and can say the blood that came out was in fact very bad and sludge.   I can see how this could be helpful and much better than needling IMO.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPi5qP1V4ew

I think what I’m trying to say is If you were going to use a dermaroller over bald areas might as well get one of these at the same time.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/6Cups-Pump-Vacuum-Cupping-Acupuncture-Hijama-Chinese-Therapy-Treatment-Suction/132854458309?hash=item1eeebe27c5:g:NrcAAOSwnh5b6opl
Very interesting, JDP. I've heard of wet cupping before but I'm not too familiar with the process... guess I have more research to do! Very Happy

BTW,t here's a very long and enthusiastic thread about microneedling happening at HairLossTalk here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/very-impressive-dermarolling-and-minxodil-results-from-tressless.117746/

Seems like some people are having success. I felt encouraged by the success stories there so I bought a Derminator. Perhaps it could be combined with the cupping method.

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:55 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:I use reverse osmosis with pretreatment of various steps before (charcoal and UV treatments).

Or distilled water. I actually prefer distilled water, however it's not always possible.
Thanks for the reply CS, which filters do you use? I never know which brands to trust.

Also, as JDP mentioned, is the lack of minerals a problem?

Jdp710 wrote:Fwiw I’ve changed my drinking water recently.  For 20 years drank ro water at supermarket which does carbon twice, ro and uv light.  Used glass 3 gallon jugs.  

Well, I learned was benefits of certain bottled waters such as say fiji water.  I now add some fiji water to the ro water and I believe this is best method for me.  I now only drink about 2/3 as much water as use to and feel stronger.

Downside it’s a plastic bottle.  
Interesting that your supermarket sells high-quality drinking water, I doubt mine does (Giant Eagle) but it's worth looking into. How many Fiji waters do you use a week? The plastic bottle aspect is a bummer. I wonder if there's a comparable product that's shipped in glass.

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdp710 Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:59 am

While I didn’t read much of the thread I have seen the occosional person claim that much regrowth by doing a specific regimen and getting that much regrowth.  I really hate to say it but I believe 99.9% of people who try to duplicate the persons regimen won’t get much if any regrowth.  It just isn’t realistic.  I just don’t believe there is much can do to regrow hair past thise hairs that have been gone for a couple years.  Maybe someone can prove me wrong but I lost hope years ago.  

I think the secret in all this is to stop your hair loss then find an easy to follow regimen for life.  If you get regrowth that’s a bonus but don’t expect it.  You can get thicker density and what I call model quality hair where the hair stands up very easy like a teenagers hair.  The easiest is nattokinase which helps with circulation, IME. LLLT such as OMG helmet design is another method for thicker hair and density.  

And while I hate saying it doing what angstman mentioned a couple threads lower and getting a good hair transplant if needed once hair loss has stopped is probably best bet. As well as helps with your sanity as trying all these methods to regrow hair one can get too upset when they don’t work. 

Sorry to be a downer.  

Regarding figi water, it contains bicarbonate in there on the bottle and why I chose that brand as again sodium bucarbonate soneone found to dramatically improve organs and tissues on an expensive biofeedback machine in another forum.  However tgere are two other bottled waters that have high silicon content which will help excrete alluminum from the body.  The link mentioned spritzer.  volvic is the other but has about half the silicon.  I haven’t tried either though as figi worked for me.  Adding about 25-40% figi to RO or distilled water cost is about 70 cents or maybe 1 per day.

Jdp710

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:50 am

Informative article on this subject:
https://www.hairlossrevolution.com/scalp-calcification/

One thing recommended is massaging magnesium oil into scalp.

Magnesium is a natural combatant of calcium. It helps to slow calcium production and build up, and has even been shown to completely stop the production of calcium build up on blood vessel walls. Additionally, magnesium supplementation can lead to the reversal of vessel wall calcification.

For best results, I suggest applying magnesium oil directly to the scalp. For adults, one fluid ounce massaged into the scalp for 10 minutes, 3-5 fives times per week seems to be most beneficial.

I don't think I have calcium buildup but I do have magnesium oil, so why not Smile

I also use an apple cider vinegar rinse.  And I rarely use shampoo.  

I favor baths rather than showers.  I put vitamin C in the bath water, it neutralizes chlorine and chloramine.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  WheatKing Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Delphine wrote:Informative article on this subject:

Magnesium is a natural combatant of calcium. It helps to slow calcium production and build up, and has even been shown to completely stop the production of calcium build up on blood vessel walls. Additionally, magnesium supplementation can lead to the reversal of vessel wall calcification.

For best results, I suggest applying magnesium oil directly to the scalp. For adults, one fluid ounce massaged into the scalp for 10 minutes, 3-5 fives times per week seems to be most beneficial.

I don't think I have calcium buildup but I do have magnesium oil, so why not Smile

I favor baths rather than showers.  I put vitamin C in the bath water, it neutralizes chlorine and chloramine.

Vitamn K2 might be even better for mobilizing calcium than magnesium. Using them together sounds like a good idea.

WheatKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed May 01, 2019 2:27 am

WheatKing wrote:

Vitamn K2 might be even better for mobilizing calcium than magnesium. Using them together sounds like a good idea.

Makes sense. I was just researching chlorella and found that it is rich in K2, which I'd never heard before, but that's good news.
https://drlorishemek.com/how-spirulina-and-chlorella-benefit-your-heart-health/
https://www.energybits.com/blog/spirulina-and-chlorella-improve-bone-health-and-help-prevent-osteoporosis/

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  WheatKing Wed May 01, 2019 9:19 am

Delphine wrote:
WheatKing wrote:

Makes sense.  I was just researching chlorella and found that it is rich in K2, which I'd never heard before, but that's good news.

Now, keep in mind that K2 causes bone resorbtion. How that plays out with the theory of skull expansion and hair loss is unknown. Skull expansion isn't necessarily a result of bone growth alone, so K2 might not affect hair loss-associated skull expansion. In fact, it might help the situation. Very Happy

WheatKing

Back to top Go down

Post  WheatKing Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 am

I have been reading anecdotes of people experiencing jaw bone and facial bone growth (even height increases) after taking Vitamin K2. This is good for orthodontic (tooth crowding) and nasal septum (undeveloped septum) issues, apparently.

This is just a wild guess, but K2 could possibly downregulate DHT-induced bone resorbtion in the scalp, which could help with hair loss.

Growth hormone is interesting. Apparently, it doesn't make all bones in the face and skull grow, only some (intelligence design Wink) Perhaps Vitamin K2 would behave in a similar way, making men's jawbones brow grow a bit but leaving other structures alone (especially and hopefully the skull!).

Remember, Asian diets are high in K2 and they seem to have significanlty less hair loss than Westerners. It could be related.

WheatKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed May 01, 2019 3:59 pm

WheatKing wrote:I have been reading anecdotes of people experiencing jaw bone and facial bone growth (even height increases) after taking Vitamin K2. This is good for orthodontic (tooth crowding) and nasal septum (undeveloped septum) issues, apparently.

This is just a wild guess, but K2 could possibly downregulate DHT-induced bone resorbtion in the scalp, which could help with hair loss.

Growth hormone is interesting. Apparently, it doesn't make all bones in the face and skull grow, only some (intelligence design Wink) Perhaps Vitamin K2 would behave in a similar way, making men's jawbones brow grow a bit but leaving other structures alone (especially and hopefully the skull!).

Remember, Asian diets are high in K2 and they seem to have significanlty less hair loss than Westerners. It could be related.

Natto, a fermented soy product, is supposed to be the richest source of K2.  There are a lot of Asian markets in my area and I have searched for natto, apparently they
don't stock it!   Guess I will keep looking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natt%C5%8D

Oh, re silicon in water detoxing aluminum. We can add diatomaceous earth to our drinking water for that purpose. It is mainly silica, and great for hair among other things.
Need to get back to it myself. You can add just a spoonful of DE to a gallon of water and let it settle at the bottom. The DE reacts with water forming orthosilicic acid. Each time you drink the
water you are getting a bit of absorbable silica. Here's a thread on that at curezone.
https://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1474942
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  1alexie Thu May 02, 2019 12:03 pm

I am seeing a lot of interesting facts on this thread, thank you for keeping us posted.

1alexie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down