Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????

+4
Sage 1
Joey Ramone
MekalGill
someduderandom
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  Empty Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????

Post  someduderandom Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:47 am

So after reading about that rosemary essential oil is just as effective as rogain in studies I decided to buy some. Now ive read conflicting stuff online though about if you have to use rosemary oil with a carrier oil or not. Some people say they just put some on their hand and rub it in their scalp, or put it in a carrier oil, or they put some drops in their shampoo or conditioner. Personally I tried putting some on my skin now multiple times and i havnt had any reaction, so im wondering if its just gonna be safe to put on my scalp as well, or how many other people have done it this way. Whats more in the study its not really said if its used with a carrier oil or anything so I would assume they just put it on their skin neat and undiluted as well.

I generally try to go as natural as possible. For what its worth my back story if it matters is long story short ive had a lot of health problems auto immune diseases etc. I did radiation when iw as younger and lost most my hair and it took me 2 years for it to even grow back, and after that I was like fuck it so I started taking propecia cuz I was like im never gonna risk losing my hair again cuz that was awful. I should say ive never had any side effects for what its worth. And besides some scars on my head from health stuff ive had times where I had so much hair randomly(when not going through TE etc)that people thought I was wearing a wig. Sadly my health has been pretty bad again the past couple years, and ive lost a LOT of hair again. Lupus spread, and nothing I seem to do has stopped the rashes, and whenever I get them all the hair around it falls out, ive tried lidex but doesnt do anyhting. Ive tried other shampoos like keto but that just made me lose more hair. Even my nails stopped growing at one point, so it sucks. So now im trying to figure out if I can do some more natural sorta stuff like essential oils etc, or diff herbs, vitamins etc to stop inflammation from all these auto immune diseases but so far not having a lot of luck.

THanks!

someduderandom

Back to top Go down

Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  Empty Re: Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????

Post  MekalGill Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:06 am

I'd suggest using it with emu oil. Some decent brands of emu oil an really penetrate the skin. Wait a few minutes then add the Rosemary to your intended area. Obviously you won't see results right away but continue with it for about 3-6 months.

MekalGill

Back to top Go down

Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????  Empty Re: Rosemary essential oil neat on skin????

Post  someduderandom Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:25 pm

So do you know any others that have used rosemary undiluted or in your experience does everyone use it with carrier oil????????

As for the emu oil what brand do you use or suggest? For what its worth, ive tried coconut oil by itself and i actually kinda feel like ive lost more hair when ive used it... I do have some jojaba oil but ive never used it.

someduderandom

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 am

someduderandom,

Sounds like you have far bigger worries than rosemary oil. I wish you all the best health in the future, man.

I can't answer for rosemary oil, I haven't used it, but I have used propecia when I wasn't really losing my hair and it proper fucked up my system. It's a terrible thing to put your body through when not necessary, especially with everything else going on. There's no guarantee your hairloss is related to androgenetic alopecia, so I like where your going with the rosemary oil idea, but propecia is the devil.

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is look at what Sage 1 is doing with his protocol and smash yourself full of greens and then what's left, throw on your head. If you can afford one of those stupid expensive juicers, all the better.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  someduderandom Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:35 am

Ya I personally cant say anything bad about propecia myself. Ive been on it for a long time now as I said after doing radiation etc when I was younger and losing most my hair, it took me 2 years to grow most of it back so after that I was like fuck it, and started taking propecia just in case to never get that bad again. And for me personally ya know of course ive still had many problems through out my life and sometimes my hair is worse than others but I also had tmes where people thuoght I was wearing a wig. So I dont regret taking it, and I never noticed a change from it. And I have no problem saying if it did because i sure have had a lot of meds that I have noticed side effects from...

But ya whatever the case a couple years ago, lupus basically spread and ive had a lot of TE constantly and just where ever the rashes showup all the hair has fallen out. It sucks, so im looking for anything to stop it. I eat reasonably healthy, I havent tried this juicing thing, and im not a vegan but compared to the normal person I keep myself very healthy. When I was dying I basically told myself I was gonna force myself to be as healthy as I can be so id like to think or hope my diet isnt fucking me up that badly. But maybe ill get around to eventually trying some of these juice recipes.

Anyway so bumping this in case anyone else has tried this.

someduderandom

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:31 am

Looks like moviejunkie, who'd had success growing his hair back, was combining rosemary with emu oil.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:31 am

Joey Ramone wrote:Looks like moviejunkie, who'd had success growing his hair back, was combining rosemary with emu oil.

So simple to use fresh rosemary on your scalp instead, and all the fresh enzymes will integrate to your system.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:19 pm

That's not how it works, mate.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  jadegreg Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:53 pm

I've been lurking here for quite some time, and actually feel I can finally chip in with something I've had experience in 'road testing'. I have AGA, which started in my late 30's,, with loss primarily centred in my temples, though I'm definitely thinning frontally. I started applying rosemary oil, neat, in conjuction with dermarolling (0.5mm) about a year ago to my right temple. I actually acheived some regrowth, i.e. vellus, within 3 months. In typical noob fashion, I found discussion of essential oils going systemic, and immediately halted pure rosemary oil application, and stuck with emu oil application in the morning, and rosemary in grapeseed oil(10:90) in the evening without using the dermaroller. Sadly the hair re-growth progress has not been as impressive post this change, with only about 5-10% of hairs going terminal. After visiting here, and indulging in much reading, I'm probably going to change back to dermarolling (once a week, with an appropriate needle length i.e. 1.5mm) and take up 'manual' methods, with application or rosemary oil post massage, but only to hair free areas. Pure rosemary oil tended to make my hair feel thin and wispy.....here I would recommend mixed with a carrier oil.

Although the Iranian minox/rosemary paper produced far from inmpressive results, I beleive that rosemary oil (aswell as other carrier and essential oils) does have a place in a hair loss protocol along with an appropriate external and internal regimen. Just wished we knew how it promoted these vellus groing effects......

jadegreg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Joey Ramone wrote:That's not how it works, mate.

Well mate, tell us how it works, since everybody is so confused?
And i will gladly answer you back.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jadegreg Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:59 pm

It wasn't all that long ago, somone on one of the other forums, was waxing lyrical about the topical benefits of rosemary oil, in conjunction with rosemary extract. Said author argued that they acted like a topical fin and minox double whammy, with growth stimulant and DHT inhibitive properties (ursolic acid, rosmarinic acid) respectively. However, said author promptly disappeared with his laser helmet. I believe there's also some evidence for PGE2 promotion by the essential oil, though which component of the oil leads to that effect is debatable....

Last edited by jadegreg on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

jadegreg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:24 am

Still don´t get it?
"the benefits of rosemary oil, in conjunction with rosemary extract"

The same as processed foods, pills, supplements etc... that will never be digested properly in your system.
Since they lack co workers, that actual real growing plants has.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jadegreg Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:40 am

I know what you are saying and I have no idea how it purportedly works, but I suppose when applied as a topical, with penetration through to the epidermis, which essential oils and solvent based extracts do, any numbers of phytochemicals can interact with physiological processes in epidermal cells......

jadegreg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:23 am

jadegreg wrote:I know what you are saying and  I have no idea how it purportedly works, but I suppose when applied as a topical, with penetration through to the epidermis, which essential oils and solvent based extracts do, any numbers of phytochemicals can interact with physiological processes in epidermal cells......

Purportedly is that growing plants still has it´s so called vital nutrients left.
Once you break the leaves it releases the nutrients, and you have use it directly since it oxidizes.

My point is that you can easily pour fresh rosemary, coriander on your scalp, and the coconut oil eases the dryness of rosemary.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jadegreg Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:42 am

Agreed, if I've understood what you are saying. Some of the so called vital nutrients will undoubtedly be oxidised once exposed to air. However, a cursory search on the internet, on levels of these vital nutrients in extract or oil are not the same to the levels observed in the natural leaf i.e. essential oils contain the smaller terpenes and phenols in far higher quantities due to the method of distillation, with the extract containing the larger di-terpene, tritepene, lactine molecules depending on the method of solvent extraction. Some of these molecules themselves are relatively stable in a medium, whilst others act as anti-oxidants suppin' up free radicals like nobody's business. So basically it all depends which is the 'miracle' molecule/s in the extract and/or essential oil, and whether it is present in the right quantities within the leaf to illicit the growth response. As I say, I have no idea, whether it's a singular molecule or multiple molecules, or molecules in an appropriate ratio. But sure, it's certainly possible that macerated rosemary leaf in coconut oil maybe what the doctor ordered.........though if it doesn't work it does not mean that rosemary is a dud.....

jadegreg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:32 am

jadegreg wrote:Agreed, if I've understood what you are saying. Some of the so called vital nutrients will undoubtedly be oxidised once exposed to air. However, a cursory search on the internet, on levels of these vital nutrients in extract or oil are not the same to the  levels observed in the natural leaf i.e. essential oils contain the smaller terpenes and phenols in far higher quantities due to the method of distillation, with the extract containing the larger di-terpene, tritepene, lactine molecules depending on the method of solvent extraction. Some of these molecules themselves are relatively stable in a medium, whilst others act as anti-oxidants suppin' up free radicals like nobody's business. So basically it all depends which is the 'miracle' molecule/s in the extract and/or essential oil, and whether it is present in the right quantities within the leaf to illicit the growth response. As I say, I have no idea, whether it's a singular molecule or multiple molecules, or molecules in an appropriate ratio. But sure, it's certainly possible that macerated rosemary leaf in coconut oil maybe what the doctor ordered.........though if it doesn't work it does not mean that rosemary is a dud.....

The doctor docent want it ordered (even if your point was a quotation), or the industry itself since it´s non profitable for all parties, meaning drug and supplements.

http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/rosemary-herb.html
http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/cilantro.html

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  jadegreg Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Sage 1, After reading a few of your posts, I've got a better idea of your approach to halting hair loss and encouraging regrowth. Indeed your approach would allow, hypothetically, all the active phytonutients, and their co-workers, from juicing of the herbs to exert their effects, provided they can 'all' cross through the dermis. However, were you aware of some recent evidence that ginger's largest active component, 6-gingerol, may prevent hair growth?

Of course, there is all sorts of antecdotal evidence that ginger supports hair growth. It is of course possible that the other active phytochemicals in juiced ginger may dampen or change the effects of gingerol on the hair shaft......

As an aside does anyone know what ratios of rosemary oil and emu oil, MovieJunkie89 used in his topical, post dermarolling?

jadegreg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Jadegreg,

As i understand ginger has antibacterial properties.
The main reason i put ginger is that it blends well with the herbs, and extracts more liquid.

It´s a perfect balance with the moistened coconut oil on the scalp, and it´s not too oily or dry.
As mentioned the rosemary is quiet aggressive, and the coconut neutralizes it.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  someduderandom Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:21 pm

still wondering what emu oil/brand you guys think is good

someduderandom

Back to top Go down

Post  someduderandom Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:56 am

https://issuu.com/pulsemarketing/docs/skinmed_v13_i1?viewMode=doublePage&e=5397957/11628274

well heres a link to teh full rosemary study i never saw it online before, it goes more indepth with pics etc. From what it looks like more so than rosemary growing hair it more so just made less fall out it seems? Also talks about just how strong of dose they used but it used some medical stuff that I dont understand off hand

someduderandom

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:02 am

jadegreg wrote:It wasn't all that long ago, somone on one of the other forums, was waxing lyrical about the topical benefits of rosemary oil, in conjunction with rosemary extract. Said author argued that they acted like a topical fin and minox double whammy, with growth stimulant and DHT inhibitive properties (ursolic acid, rosmarinic acid) respectively. However, said author promptly disappeared with his laser helmet. I believe there's also some evidence for PGE2 promotion by the essential oil, though which component of the oil leads to that effect is debatable....

Well, I've been using rosemary oil for the past month or so, and my hairline has actually receded a tad more, even though it was stable beforehand. And the interesting thing is, I've experienced no noticeable inflammation.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  someduderandom Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:47 am

Xenon wrote:
jadegreg wrote:It wasn't all that long ago, somone on one of the other forums, was waxing lyrical about the topical benefits of rosemary oil, in conjunction with rosemary extract. Said author argued that they acted like a topical fin and minox double whammy, with growth stimulant and DHT inhibitive properties (ursolic acid, rosmarinic acid) respectively. However, said author promptly disappeared with his laser helmet. I believe there's also some evidence for PGE2 promotion by the essential oil, though which component of the oil leads to that effect is debatable....

Well, I've been using rosemary oil for the past month or so, and my hairline has actually receded a tad more, even though it was stable beforehand. And the interesting thing is, I've experienced no noticeable inflammation.

are you using it diluted it in anything or just by itself? Ive been putting it on neat near my hair line for about a month and a half or 2 now it seems like, and I deff havnt noticed anything growth or anything or less hair loss. But I do think ive had less itching and redness than before shrug... I feel like im just kinda screwed though everywhere ive had this lupus rash etc my hair just seems to be premanently fucked and dead still no luck... Plus when ever I do get a pimple anywhere on my scalp or anything all the hair dies around it like clock work. Doesnt matter rosemary oil, or steroid topical that my doctor gave me. just fucked.

someduderandom

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:52 am

Hey somedude, I was just wondering if you saw that link Sage provided about that guy using rosemary (among other things) in a topical that promoted regrowth, you could also try making a really strong rosemary tea and putting it in a spray bottle and using that, it's probably much, much cheaper.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:02 pm

someduderandom wrote:
Xenon wrote:

are you using it diluted it in anything or just by itself? Ive been putting it on neat near my hair line for about a month and a half or 2 now it seems like, and I deff havnt noticed anything growth or anything or less hair loss. But I do think ive had less itching and redness than before shrug... I feel like im just kinda screwed though everywhere ive had this lupus rash etc my hair just seems to be premanently fucked and dead  still no luck...  Plus when ever I do get a pimple anywhere on my scalp or anything all the hair dies around it like clock work. Doesnt matter rosemary oil, or steroid topical that my doctor gave me. just fucked.

Yes, I was diluting it, but, in fairness, I have also been occasionally using mascara as a concealer, as it works so well on a buzzed cut. Yet, I find out the stuff is full of poisons such as coal tar dye, formaldehyde, and many more. So the likelihood is, this has been the culprit.

Also, according to the study, with Rosemary oil alone, regrowth was reported after six months of use.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  someduderandom Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:18 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Hey somedude, I was just wondering if you saw that link Sage provided about that guy using rosemary (among other things) in a topical that promoted regrowth, you could also try making a really strong rosemary tea and putting it in a spray bottle and using that, it's probably much, much cheaper.

I think i saw some stuff in his thread although im not sure if its exactly what you are refering to... I dunno I looked and it seemed like a lot of stuff, and im pretty stupid and i have really long hair so.. anyway like i said for the most part just using rosemary oil near my hair line and sometimes jojaba oil and I dont get the itchyness , pimples or red streaks rashes as much.. but still no regrwoth. And if I ever do get a pimple like clock work all the hair comes out around it like clock worked...

Kinda just feel like im fucked from all this lupus etc nothings do anything really to grow anything back. Its a bummer. ive had my DHT checked and everything and if aynthing last test i was low in DHT lol.

someduderandom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next