Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dermarolling 4mm? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dermarolling 4mm?

Go down

Dermarolling 4mm? Empty Dermarolling 4mm?

Post  manofmanytrades Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:47 pm

Can't imagine this hasn't been discussed before, but wasn't able to find much on it...
Recently spoke with a practitioner who stated he had a patient needling scalp at 4mm depth and had incredible results, surprised even the practitioner.  I've always heard recommendations for 2mm or less...Guess I didn't realize various hair follicles lie at various depths, from 1-4 mm, with coarse 'terminal' hairs lying closer to 4mm.  Searched online and couldn't find testimonies from anyone on the forums that  mentioned needling that deep...reasons being: fear of scarring, fear of infection, or fear of directly damaging hair follicles.  .5mm to 1mm is the most common, and most of those were just for better topical absorption.  My question is...if 4mm is depth of follicles for coarse hairs, why wouldn't needling at that depth be regenerative??  Assuming the negative issues can be mitigated (needling, not dermarolling to reduce risk of scarring, and excellent sterilization techniques, would this potentially be effective? Has anyone heard of anyone needling that depth?  Can't even find rollers or stamps that go that deep...(believe that depth is normally the realm of medical doctors, and not aware of any studies needling that depth).  Diabetic needles are the only thing available that would work I believe.  I don't know enough about hair structures to know if it would have a negative effect, but do have experience with prolotherapy needling.. My opinions on this somewhat stem from that. Had ligament laxity that no amount or experience with supplements was able to fix...stopped the damage process/inflammation, but ligaments heal poorly and nothing in the realm of physical therapy or supplementation worked to re-initiate the healing process, but had amazing success with prolotherapy...I know that for prolotherapy the dextrose injection must be exact depth and location of the damage in order for ligament regeneration to occur.  I assume it would be the same for hair regeneration... I'm considering trying it, but there's risk without knowledge...any opinions would be appreciated.

manofmanytrades

Back to top Go down